Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Slate Action posted:

Is it weird if I'm starting to 'hear' parts of these comics in voiceover form? I immediately imagined someone making rocket noises with their mouth at that point.

I read these comics out loud to my little sister so this is natural instinct for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Suzuki Method posted:

I read these comics out loud to my little sister so this is natural instinct for me.

I hope you edit it. She doesn't need to know about the Troll King's Son doing the stchicky with Porkchop. :ohdear:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I have no choice but to imagine there's an alternate universe where Shadow is instead firing dark cheeto balls at SOPA supporters

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Slate Action posted:

Is it weird if I'm starting to 'hear' parts of these comics in voiceover form? I immediately imagined someone making rocket noises with their mouth at that point.

I immediately heard the voice over FX for the rocket boots too. It just fits..so perfectly. FWGWOOOOOOOOOO

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

ThatPazuzu posted:

I hope you edit it. She doesn't need to know about the Troll King's Son doing the stchicky with Porkchop. :ohdear:

The lady plays CoD online with a mic and headset. She's more fazed than me :colbert:

Rey the Great
Dec 9, 2011
My childhood just got so much better.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Space-Bird posted:

I immediately heard the voice over FX for the rocket boots too. It just fits..so perfectly. FWGWOOOOOOOOOO

All the dumb sfx is half the fun! :v:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Suzuki Method posted:

The lady plays CoD online with a mic and headset. She's more fazed than me :colbert:

Your little sister is more hardcore than I am.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dumb little thing I made for fun:

Definitely going to make more maps later, TGT is perfect for this.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

So Shadow has...rocket boots? Shadow Cheetos? This is just getting silly now :colbert:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Jackie D posted:

So Shadow has...rocket boots? Shadow Cheetos? This is just getting silly now :colbert:
I'm pretty sure "Shadow Cheetos" were just a joke and it was merely a kamehameha.

Nathander
Apr 23, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

They're not entirely the same, in my view. Daffy and Bugs were murdered because it served a higher purpose and in a fit of righteous rage, respectively. It's also worth noting that Shadow had never even met Daffy before. I think it's still possible to sympathize with Shadow in a dark, vengeful, unhinged antihero kind of way.
In contrast, Mario not only cold-bloodedly betrays the Troll Slaiyers after gaining their trust and respect, he takes visible pleasure in telling them this and then tries to murder them for no real reason.

Forktoss posted:

True, but Mario did all that because of his own tragic past, and his goal was and still is to defeat the Troll King. You could argue that he is a dark, psychotic and pretty unsympathetic anti-hero, who's only reacting violently to the harm done to him and those he cares for, just like Shadow.

Essentially this. In a lot of ways while Mario is still despicable his reason for wanting to attack the trolls is more sympathetic to me than Shadow. Mario and Luigi at least had an initial motive for wanting to start a fight with the trolls (the trauma they suffered thanks to their parents being trolls) while Shadow's...isn't so hot, since his problem seems to be the fact that he was a troll at one point and then woke up one morning and decided he just loving hated them. His whole point of helping Tails out at first kind of seems self-gratifying to me, especially since violence didn't enter into any of this (or at least it didn't pull in the initial characters) until Shadow got involved. There's a good chance Sonic and the other characters who died during the Troll King's initial appearance wouldn't have died if it hadn't been for the fact that Shadow started all this poo poo in his attempt to "help" show Tails how to deal with trolls.

In a lot of ways Shadow is drat near the most selfish character in the story. He's used the Troll Slaiyers solely to try and satisfy his own ends (to go after the trolls because they piss him off and then to go after Mario after Mario betrays Shadow), he's shot down any and all suggestions his comrades have made (both of Knuckles' ideas, the idea of the Slaiyers sparring with one another so they can learn each others moves, ect.), and now the fact that he's going to go slaughter a troll village due to his own anger. Everything Shadow has done or said has led to something far worse, and considering if I'm remembering correctly from Pac-Man's flashback the reason the trolls were so bad in the Middle Ages was because the humans had started slaughtering them for reasons that are (intentionally?) left ambiguous and open ended as to how justified the humans attacking them was. Which means Shadow's completely open and blatant attack could help make the trolls a poo poo ton more volatile.

I know I'm sperging way to much on some dudes goddamn Sonic fanfiction but poo poo. It 's one of the best ways I've ever seen the majority of these characters handled somehow.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Technically the trolls attacked first, when the Troll King took over the medieval village. But only because everyone was being a dick to him, because he was a troll.

It's really a case of an eye for an eye.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Jackie D posted:

Rocket boots are legitimately a part of Shadow's character design. He's never used them to fly in the games, though, they just help him run fast.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Rocket boots are legitimately a part of Shadow's character design. He's never used them to fly in the games, though, they just help him run fast.

So that explains the flame effects on the shoes in this fan film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoMMMalj9Fw

By the way, that was a Sonic fan film.

A Retardet Horse
Dec 25, 2009

what is
going
on?
what is
this?
ahhhh...
A new page of TGT makes today my best birthday yet. Thank you, Lazerbot, for bringing light to so many.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The MSJ posted:

Why is that video cringe-worthy, yet this comic is undeniably fantastic?
There's just some kind of hidden distinction between normal spergoid Sonic fanfiction and Lazerbot's work.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

Why is that video cringe-worthy, yet this comic is undeniably fantastic?
There's just some kind of hidden distinction between normal spergoid Sonic fanfiction and Lazerbot's work.

Because the video has obvious self-inserts that are SO AWESOME, and characters with cool powers but lame action scenes. I mean, those robots are just standing there. At least have them try to shoot at you. Not to mention the lack of lazerbot's entertaining writing.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I like how apparently Shadow's going to destroy Troll Village by just firing WEAPONIZED HATE at them.

Keith Stack
Nov 5, 2008

I doodled this during a phone call.

I would totally buy a Times New Roman R in a diamond shirt.

Man, I really hope Cheeto Man and Knuckles meet up at some point. They were meant for each other.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Thought there had been too much of a lull in the absolute carnage which seems to manifest itself over and over again in TGT.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Jackie D posted:

Yeah, Shadow can't actually run fast like Sonic so Eggman gave him these sort of hover boots he uses to skate about. He's never used them to fly but they have enough lift for him to glide about effortlessly and jump around.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

The MSJ posted:

This video almost made me cry and I'm not sure if it's from laughing really hard or from something else.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

notoriousman posted:

Yeah, Shadow can't actually run fast like Sonic so Eggman gave him these sort of hover boots he uses to skate about. He's never used them to fly but they have enough lift for him to glide about effortlessly and jump around.

Just another reminder that lazy b knows his canon.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Tails vs Shadow in the final battle

Then Knuckles steps in and finishes off the winner with a Coup de grâ-grâ

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

notoriousman posted:

Eggman giving them to him would make too much sense. He already had them for no explained reason in the games, even in flashbacks.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ClownSyndrome posted:

Tails vs Shadow in the final battle

Then Knuckles steps in and finishes off the winner with a Coup de grâ-grâ

Tails and Shadow are fighting in an enclosed room. Knuckles walks in and starts hotboxing, causing them both to just give up on fighting.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Man, Shadow used to be all about the gra-gra, too. The loving awesome grass is the reason the High Shovel exists in the first place.

Knuckles just needs to get him high again and he'll be fine.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
At first I didn't realize those were meant to be rocket boots. I thought Shadow had managed flight by ejecting streams of blood through his soles.

Somehow, that didn't really seem out of place to me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Play this while reading the latest comic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1yH7SIOkwU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I can only pray that Aramek's rendition of this scene is full of the wettest farting sounds.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I still say it's more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY8zUrCRoVg
"...in another dimension :c00lbert:"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I'm developing a pattern. Get off work, faff around the internet, check out SA forums and usually the Bad thread and luxuriate in everything horrible with humanity there. Then I go over to this thread, and have a laugh and shake my head and recharge my positivity cells again. Thanks Lazy B.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

"wild tempes 7"

Oh man, I called it!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Sigh.......... Shadow. :allears:

Nathander
Apr 23, 2008
drat. This is one of the few scenes that just comes off as downright gruesome to me even with all the insanity that's happened before hand.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"HUH?" The last words of a victim of villains. A portrait of life can end so suddenly. Sigh................

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

nerdbot posted:

"wild tempes 7"

Oh man, I called it!
Uh-ohhhhhh, spaghettioooooooooooos!
You done hosed up, Shadow!

I'm actually glad this is happening. It's the first moment for a while where something major happened (other than funny sidestories which are great in their own right).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Brutal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh, Lazerbot posted this super closeup of Shadow from the previous page today, too.