Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Belzac posted:

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it as Aya is a pretty classical sorceress but has no connection to Christianity that I know of. Maybe just being religious at all gives you magical powers...but Nobunaga is shown as being pretty anti-religion in most of his appearances and especially when fighting against the Ikko.
In addition to fighting against the ikko (basically compiled as the Nagashima and Honganji battles in the SW series), he also ordered an attack against the Enryaku Temple (Enryakuji) for backing the Azai-Asakura alliance and otherwise being obstacles to Nobunaga's hegemony, despite it being sacred in to the point that supposedly even the Emperor called on him to desist.

Chortles fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Famitsu talked to a bunch of game creators and the Warriors dude (Kenichi Ogasawara) was there. He had some interesting stuff to say! Apparently he wants to create a "third pillar" of Musou games to stand alongside Dynasty and Samurai, and that he also wants to make an open world Warriors game.

Oh, and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (or "True Fist of the North Star" in Japan) comes out this December. In a confusing and potentially dangerous move, Tecmo Koei will be acknowledging Fist of the North Star 2 ever happened and will include the Land of Asura arc. Raoh's arc is getting more content and the Tentei arc will be coming along for the ride, but I'm unsure whether they mean the HnK1 or 2 version of it. The game will have graphics similar to the manga, rather than the hyper-realistic style of the original, for both gameplay and story sequences. On top of that, there's going to be new gameplay features such as Dash and Evasion mechanics. According to Tecmo Koei, the "volume" of content will be double that of the original!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Famitsu talked to a bunch of game creators and the Warriors dude (Kenichi Ogasawara) was there. He had some interesting stuff to say! Apparently he wants to create a "third pillar" of Musou games to stand alongside Dynasty and Samurai, and that he also wants to make an open world Warriors game.

Oh, and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (or "True Fist of the North Star" in Japan) comes out this December. In a confusing and potentially dangerous move, Tecmo Koei will be acknowledging Fist of the North Star 2 ever happened and will include the Land of Asura arc. Raoh's arc is getting more content and the Tentei arc will be coming along for the ride, but I'm unsure whether they mean the HnK1 or 2 version of it. The game will have graphics similar to the manga, rather than the hyper-realistic style of the original, for both gameplay and story sequences. On top of that, there's going to be new gameplay features such as Dash and Evasion mechanics. According to Tecmo Koei, the "volume" of content will be double that of the original!
Yet another series that is going to have a gap between the numbering in Japan and elsewhere eh...

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I figure this is more or less the right place.

If i want to get a RotTK game, which one would be the best to start with? PC platform would be great, PS2 is possible, too. I'll need an English version, though.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

HenryEx posted:

I figure this is more or less the right place.

If i want to get a RotTK game, which one would be the best to start with? PC platform would be great, PS2 is possible, too. I'll need an English version, though.
Does it have to be one of the "play any officer and live their lives" ones or is ruler-only okay? X (localized only for PS2) and XI (localized for both PC and PS2) are the ones I'm thinking of, though they're also the most interesting to me personally; I haven't really looked at XII, and I'm only aware of two things about it:
#1: Apparently it's supposed to play out with RTS elements.
#2: Wang Yun looks strangely malevolent. :stare:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I know nothing, really, about the RotTK games, so i have no concept of officer-living and ruler-only. I guess either is okay.
Are there any significant differences between X and XI or is it just basically a graphical update?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Policenaut posted:

I think we've discussed other possible settings, but the issue is that ultimately Warriors games need to appeal to the Japanese market to be commercially viable. Putting aside that issue, one period that I think is ideal for a Warriors treatment is 30 Years War Europe. I don't know how much modern media there is about that era aside from stuff based on the Three Musketeers. At the very least, it'll stir interest in Europe, and I for one would love to play a game that features Cardinal Richeleu beating a thousand soldiers to death with a censure while callling everyone an imbicile.

No idea what an open world Warriors game would even be like, though.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

HenryEx posted:

I know nothing, really, about the RotTK games, so i have no concept of officer-living and ruler-only. I guess either is okay.
RTK IX and apparently XI are in the vein of RTK I through VI where you play as a faction ruler (or rather the faction as a whole) and tried to eventually wipe out everyone else through a combination of building up your cities, recruiting troops, making/breaking alliances and wiping out enemies in the field of battle or threatening them into submission... broad similarities to the Total War series, with the caveat that there's a chance/degree of success or failure with a bunch of tasks (i.e. the success of diplomacy, battlefield performance, the amount of troops raised in a single recruiting action) based on the officer assigned and his (or her) stats.

Leadership (LDR) is usually the main battlefield stat for an officer, while INT in battle is for succeeding or preventing ploys such as fire attacks, and WAR or Power (PWR) is reserved for when an officer whose unit is in proximity to an enemy unit successfully challenges that unit's officer to a duel (the loser flees, injured, killed or taken prisoner). Likewise, when recruiting troops the amount raised will be determined by the assigned officer's LDR, Political acumen (POL) or Charisma (CHA), along with city development stats and officers' personal skill buffs.

Examples: Lu Bu is usually top-tier WAR/PWR, usually comes with Red Hare as an item which allows him a guaranteed success at fleeing from a duel, favors Cavalry if a unit type specialization is in the game, has good LDR and alright CHA, but low POL and INT so he's not going to be good at city development and diplomatic actions and is quite susceptible to battlefield tactics such as Misdirect.

RTK VII, VIII, and X on the other hand have you pick an officer to with the aforementioned stats, but instead you're "living out" the character's life, so you can pick a faction ruler at which point the above "try to unify China" comes into play, or you can be a "ronin" and wander, or you can be (or become) a lord's officer and receive a stipend (while taking commands from him), move up the ranks, become the city governor (castellan) or regional governor for a lord, or even revolt against him and become your own faction! Specifically, you also get a bunch of personal actions that you can do alongside carrying out tasks for one's faction.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

SirPhoebos posted:

I think we've discussed other possible settings, but the issue is that ultimately Warriors games need to appeal to the Japanese market to be commercially viable. Putting aside that issue, one period that I think is ideal for a Warriors treatment is 30 Years War Europe. I don't know how much modern media there is about that era aside from stuff based on the Three Musketeers. At the very least, it'll stir interest in Europe, and I for one would love to play a game that features Cardinal Richeleu beating a thousand soldiers to death with a censure while callling everyone an imbicile.

They've expanded on the Orochi series exclusive characters so much that I feel like they could flesh out a game just about them.

But honestly I wish they'd just focus their efforts on a few brands, the more different games they start to make, the more I get concerned about the futures of the ones I like.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Chortles posted:

RTK IX and apparently XI are in the vein of RTK I through VI where you play as a faction ruler (or rather the faction as a whole) and tried to eventually wipe out everyone else through a combination of building up your cities, recruiting troops, making/breaking alliances and wiping out enemies in the field of battle or threatening them into submission... broad similarities to the Total War series, with the caveat that there's a chance/degree of success or failure with a bunch of tasks (i.e. the success of diplomacy, battlefield performance, the amount of troops raised in a single recruiting action) based on the officer assigned and his (or her) stats.

Leadership (LDR) is usually the main battlefield stat for an officer, while INT in battle is for succeeding or preventing ploys such as fire attacks, and WAR or Power (PWR) is reserved for when an officer whose unit is in proximity to an enemy unit successfully challenges that unit's officer to a duel (the loser flees, injured, killed or taken prisoner). Likewise, when recruiting troops the amount raised will be determined by the assigned officer's LDR, Political acumen (POL) or Charisma (CHA), along with city development stats and officers' personal skill buffs.

Examples: Lu Bu is usually top-tier WAR/PWR, usually comes with Red Hare as an item which allows him a guaranteed success at fleeing from a duel, favors Cavalry if a unit type specialization is in the game, has good LDR and alright CHA, but low POL and INT so he's not going to be good at city development and diplomatic actions and is quite susceptible to battlefield tactics such as Misdirect.

RTK VII, VIII, and X on the other hand have you pick an officer to with the aforementioned stats, but instead you're "living out" the character's life, so you can pick a faction ruler at which point the above "try to unify China" comes into play, or you can be a "ronin" and wander, or you can be (or become) a lord's officer and receive a stipend (while taking commands from him), move up the ranks, become the city governor (castellan) or regional governor for a lord, or even revolt against him and become your own faction! Specifically, you also get a bunch of personal actions that you can do alongside carrying out tasks for one's faction.

This is a pretty good write up. I'd say go for either X or XI. XI is more of a grand strategy game proper while X is more of a simulation game. If you don't know anything about the history of Romance of the Three Kingdoms then I'd go with XI as awesomeness as playing as a the historical figures themselves would be mostly lost.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Belzac posted:

This is a pretty good write up. I'd say go for either X or XI. XI is more of a grand strategy game proper while X is more of a simulation game. If you don't know anything about the history of Romance of the Three Kingdoms then I'd go with XI as awesomeness as playing as a the historical figures themselves would be mostly lost.
With the caveat that if you played DW7 you basically already know the story anyway. :haw:

I really did like X when I played it for the sheer amount of stuff one could do personally -- i.e. the option to live out your character's life unaffiliated, drinking in taverns without a care in the world while everyone else fights for hegemony, not least since "wanderer in search of a worthy lord" pops up a bunch in the source material -- but I recall X and XI both having tutorials with a lot of dialogue humor that isn't full of in-jokes.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I'm not too familiar with the other games in the series, but I played a lot of ROTK 7, 8, and 10 (the "officer-living" ones).

In 7 and 8, you get one turn per month of the year. You get between 100-200 action points per turn, which you'll usually use on tasks such as jobs assigned by your prefect or liege ("Increase commerce by 600 in three months") or doing personal things such as visiting other areas or talking to other officers. ROTK 10 doesn't have action points, but every action takes a certain amount of days to complete, and it's very similar to the other two games, though it's a bit more organic feeling.

In 8, military and strategic decisions are only made during council sessions that take place at the beginning of each season. Spying, drafting, spreading rumors about enemy officers and diplomatic moves are the types of things that can only be done in council, which is also where domestic tasks are handed out to individuals. In 7 and 10, a prefect, liege, or warlord can march upon enemy cities at any time. The months tend to blur together in 7 and 10, though you will still be assigned specific tasks for a period of time in 10, unlike 7 where the prefect will just pop in and tell you to work the fields, you agree, and lose 50 action points that month.

Battles are typically slow in all three. Fights in 7 are pretty simplistic; maps are broken up into a square grid, and units can attack enemies to their right, left, front, and rear. If a unit has enemies on more than one side, they'll generally do more damage with their attacks. In 8, there is a bit more flexibility, but fights in general feel more cluttered and confusing than 7. I haven't done any battles in 10 because there is an option to skip them and I'm a weirdo who does that. There are also campaigns in 10, where you call on the prefect of each city in the nation to attack another region. Basically, once you have a good-sized nation, you can steam-roll any smaller one. I haven't spent a lot of time fighting in 10, but I hear it's kind of hosed up and there is something seriously wrong with the AI that was only fixed in the Japanese version.

I think each has its strengths and weaknesses. ROTK X wins in terms of presentation and making you feel connected to the world. I spent several in-game years just roaming the land and becoming the greatest debater/bandit-killer in China (the debate mini-game is hilarious and kind of addicting, but only present in 10) until Cao Cao grew fond of me and swore brotherhood after he invited me over for drinks. I advised two (very boring) campaigns which quickly united the land and ended the game.

The year that I moved from my home town, I had nothing but a PS2, a copy of GTA3, Dynasty Warriors 3, and ROTK VII. After I got used to all the poorly documented features, I spent all of my days playing warlord, which pretty much gives you free reign over a nation, raising troops here, planning attacks there. You could also cheat in 7 by controlling more than one officer, which you aren't able to do on the fly in 8 and 10. It's good for getting yourself out of jams caused by some janky gameplay decisions, or to custom build your own faction by annexing regions wholesale.

ROTK VIII is what I've been playing recently. It's also the one that I've never legitimately beaten because it seems too easy to get into a stalemate. But it feels like there's more depth to its strategy than 10, and a better "life-simulator" than 7. It's kind of like a stepping stone, though more similar to 7.

If I were you, I'd check out any footage you can find on YouTube for either 7 or 10. If you want to screw around and debate pirates into letting you across the river, 10 might be a better choice. If you want to gradually push your territory across the Yangtze River, one city at a time, 7 or 8 (or XI or XII for that matter) might work out for you.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Is it just me or are the strategists the best characters in the series? I love how most of the stories end up "drat you Zhuge Liang I've got you this tim- GODDAMMIT HE GOT AWAY! :argh:"

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

The GIG posted:

Is it just me or are the strategists the best characters in the series? I love how most of the stories end up "drat you Zhuge Liang I've got you this tim- GODDAMMIT HE GOT AWAY! :argh:"

If I recall correctly, Zhuge Liang is seiging a Castle Sima Yi is hanging out, so he just starts sending ancient Chinese insult gifts (I think women's clothes was one) to him to get Sima Yi to come out.

Zhuge Liang is pretty much the best dude.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
It finally took Zhang Fei and Guan Yu to get their hands on him :haw: (Context: Zhuge Liang had "hung up the badge" after Guan Yu and Zhang Fei almost mutinied during Liu Bei's time spent in Wu after the marriage with Sun Quan's sister)

OneDeadman posted:

If I recall correctly, Zhuge Liang is seiging a Castle Sima Yi is hanging out, so he just starts sending ancient Chinese insult gifts (I think women's clothes was one) to him to get Sima Yi to come out.

Zhuge Liang is pretty much the best dude.
Too bad the scheme (yeah it was women's clothes) didn't work... and he could be a massive dick to his own side, see what I posted in the last thread about Guan Yu:

Chortles posted:

Reading the novel, and Zhuge Liang is a hilariously cruel dickbag to Guan Yu regarding the Huarong Valley encounter: Whereas the game has it being so that the threat of a living Cao Cao would allow Liu Bei's force to snatch up Jing, in the novel he "knew" that Cao Cao wasn't fated to die yet, but he picked Guan Yu in particular to get him to stop complaining about not being sent on the pursuit in the first place (and admitted both of these to Liu Bei), had Guan Yu put his life on the line in writing, then he basically gave the returning Guan Yu a verbal handjob, knowing full well that Guan Yu believed he was returning to his own execution.
And here's Zhuge Liang rubbing it in:

the novel posted:

After having allowed the escape of Cao Cao, Guan Yu found his way back to headquarters. By this time the other detachments had returned bringing spoil of horses and weapons and supplies of all kinds. Only Guan Yu came back empty-handed. When he arrived, Zhuge Liang was with his brother congratulating him on his success. When Guan Yu was announced, Zhuge Liang got up and went to welcome him, bearing a cup of wine.

"Joy! O General," said Zhuge Liang. "You have done a deed that overtops the world. You have removed the empire's worst foe and ought to have been met at a distance and felicitated."

Guan Yu muttered inaudibly, and Zhuge Liang continued, "I hope it is not because we have omitted to welcome you on the road that you seem sad."

Turning to those about him, Zhuge Liang said, "Why did you not tell us Guan Yu was coming?"

"I am here to ask for death," said Guan Yu.

Chortles fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 25, 2012

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Jibo posted:

They've expanded on the Orochi series exclusive characters so much that I feel like they could flesh out a game just about them.

I would be totally down for a Mystic Warriors game or whatever, especially if they expanded the roster to start including western mythological figures.

You could have King Arthur, Merlin, and Morgan Le Fay. Maybe some Thor, Loki and Odin. Hercules would probably be a shoo-in if they went for Greek Mythology. I actually had a weird thought along these lines a couple days ago while playing WO3, what if, in an attempt to appeal to American audiences they started including American folk heroes? Paul Bunyan, John Henry and Pecos Bill (with a special mountain lion mount).

God could you imagine? :allears:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm actually amazed they haven't done something involving zombies with the system. Not that I want them to, mind you.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Alacron posted:

I would be totally down for a Mystic Warriors game or whatever, especially if they expanded the roster to start including western mythological figures.

You could have King Arthur, Merlin, and Morgan Le Fay. Maybe some Thor, Loki and Odin. Hercules would probably be a shoo-in if they went for Greek Mythology. I actually had a weird thought along these lines a couple days ago while playing WO3, what if, in an attempt to appeal to American audiences they started including American folk heroes? Paul Bunyan, John Henry and Pecos Bill (with a special mountain lion mount).

God could you imagine? :allears:

I'm all for a Warrior John Henry wielding a train car for a weapon or something equally ridiculous and completely missing the point.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
... well, I have just been horrified to find that the yaoi fangirls aren't limited to Dynasty Warriors or even to English or Japanese speakers... apparently the Chinese fanbase for "slash" of the 2010 series is loving massive. :stare:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Chortles posted:

... well, I have just been horrified to find that the yaoi fangirls aren't limited to Dynasty Warriors or even to English or Japanese speakers... apparently the Chinese fanbase for "slash" of the 2010 series is loving massive. :stare:

How anyone could spend more than... let's say six months or so on the internet, and still be surprised by this, I have no idea.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Chortles posted:

It's a massive amount of men of power who do lots of things, some manly, some not. Why is this surprising?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also, and this is an interesting thing about musou games compared to other popular Japanese games, the characters actually have actual relationships, just by virtue of the source material. There's anime-ized but nowhere near to the extent of other Japanese games.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Bloodly posted:

It's a massive amount of men of power who do lots of things, some manly, some not. Why is this surprising?
I suppose because I didn't expect how the Chinese fanbase to take as strongly to it as they apparently/evidently did... though I'm not surprised that apparently the great majority of it is Liu Bei/Zhuge Liang... I suppose because it requires the least :effort: short of Koutetsu Sangokushi where the slash appears less than five seconds into the opening.

At least I ended up finding why the Chinese fan nickname for Cao Cao is "bunny" (perfectly work safe and NOT yaoi)

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also, and this is an interesting thing about musou games compared to other popular Japanese games, the characters actually have actual relationships, just by virtue of the source material. There's anime-ized but nowhere near to the extent of other Japanese games.
This isn't surprising at all considering that adaptation pretty much guarantees some degree of acknowledging the source material's relationships, even if just by virtue of "same kingdom" and general plot points relying on these relationships.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

abagofcheetos posted:

I'm actually amazed they haven't done something involving zombies with the system. Not that I want them to, mind you.

Well, Kiyamori Tiara is technically a zombie. :goonsay:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

First look at Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2.

Promo materials really seem to emphasize that one dude from later in the show being here. You know, that one defender of the last successor or whatever and there were like 6 of them and each of them had a weird feature and he was the one who was really lazy and stuff. I've forgotten who he is. Anyway they show off a little of the "manga style" here.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut do you know if the Saint Seiya game will be put out on psn(NA)?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ulio posted:

Policenaut do you know if the Saint Seiya game will be put out on psn(NA)?

I don't think Bandai Namco is going to release Sanctuary Battle in North America. It's no big deal though, you can just buy it from Europe in English for a decent rate.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Policenaut posted:

First look at Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2.

Promo materials really seem to emphasize that one dude from later in the show being here. You know, that one defender of the last successor or whatever and there were like 6 of them and each of them had a weird feature and he was the one who was really lazy and stuff. I've forgotten who he is. Anyway they show off a little of the "manga style" here.

Juza of the Clouds. The one guy to truly screw with Raoh-insulting him half the time, stealing his Horse, and in the anime lasting the longest of anyone against him.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Hold on a second here, are there only three weapons (power, speed, normal) for each general in Samurai 3? And there's no way to upgrade their damage? I'm going to be doing poo poo damage forever?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Hold on a second here, are there only three weapons (power, speed, normal) for each general in Samurai 3? And there's no way to upgrade their damage? I'm going to be doing poo poo damage forever?

Sengoku Musou 3 has a really big equipment upgrading system, you can upgrade weapons in lots of different ways to boost their strengths.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Sengoku Musou 3 has a really big equipment upgrading system, you can upgrade weapons in lots of different ways to boost their strengths.
Well yeah, I see that there are a few different kinds of weapon damage upgrades but I have so few of the materials they want, the highest I can get is level 2 and it doesn't seem to make a very big difference, nothing like between a rank 1 weapon and a rank 2 weapon in any other game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well yeah, I see that there are a few different kinds of weapon damage upgrades but I have so few of the materials they want, the highest I can get is level 2 and it doesn't seem to make a very big difference, nothing like between a rank 1 weapon and a rank 2 weapon in any other game.

The ranks can go up to 3 in total, and there's a bunch like "Attack up against officers" and "Attack up while juggling enemies" you can keep stacking onto it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

The ranks can go up to 3 in total, and there's a bunch like "Attack up against officers" and "Attack up while juggling enemies" you can keep stacking onto it.
Oh, only 3? I thought they went up to rank 10 or something and I was going to need absolutely stupid amounts of materials.

Anyway, I'm seeing the complaints people have with this game, it really isn't anywhere near as much fun as Orochi 3 or DW7. It just seems scaled down and made more bland in a lot of ways. I still love having an Okuni story mode though. Good old Okuni, the woman who made the Tokugawa government ban women kabuki performers.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 26, 2012

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

abagofcheetos posted:

Are zombies a big thing in Japan? I thought that was mostly a Western fad.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Anyway, I'm seeing the complaints people have with this game, it really isn't anywhere near as much fun as Orochi 3 or DW7. It just seems scaled down and made more bland in a lot of ways. I still love having an Okuni story mode though. Good old Okuni, the woman who made the Tokugawa government ban women kabuki performers.
Didn't this involve homosexual performers in her troupe?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Chortles posted:

Didn't this involve homosexual performers in her troupe?
Oh I dunno, I read that they were entirely too heterosexual and the Tokugawa government banned them for being too burlesque.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh I dunno, I read that they were entirely too heterosexual and the Tokugawa government banned them for being too burlesque.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izumo_no_Okuni

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Get ready for Samurai Warriors 4

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Belzac posted:

I'm all for a Warrior John Henry wielding a train car for a weapon or something equally ridiculous and completely missing the point.

I seem to recall there being a legend of a Mormon man who stopped cutting his hair and became invulnerable to bullets, we could probably fit him in there somewhere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I understand that its a 10th anniversary thing but announcing a game a year and a half out is pretty ridiculous, even if it isn't "official".