Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

AXE COP posted:

Well thank god for that.

My wife actually really hates the click click click of my semitsus, so that's actually a legit selling point for me. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I'm thinking about getting the Tekken 6 stick, but I've heard some reports, including the link in the Op, that it is fragile and unresponsive. Can anyone here personally vouch for it, and whether the stick and game are worth 50 total?

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.
The T6 stick will make you hate sticks.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Yeah, the T6 is garbage. You're better off getting a cheap TE than that.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Whelp. Got my PS360+ in the mail today. Going to wire up the Hori VLX and give it a trial run. Will report back eventually on how the board performs.

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

Shadow225 posted:

I'm thinking about getting the Tekken 6 stick, but I've heard some reports, including the link in the Op, that it is fragile and unresponsive. Can anyone here personally vouch for it, and whether the stick and game are worth 50 total?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-74104241-L024D

edit: lol whoops http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-79216230-L024D

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
I would seriously consider contacting Gamerbee on Facebook or some such. He's a totally awesome guy and I have no doubt he'd at least attempt to help out when it comes to good places to play. He speaks English well so if your Mandarin isn't strong it's no biggie.

From what he's said, the TW scene is a little odd, so it's no surprise that you're having a tough time.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

AXE COP posted:

Well thank god for that.

I want buttons that are twice as loud as normal ones.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

I've been to Singapore and Hong Kong arcades and that is by no means acceptable behavior anywhere else, least of all in Asia where ego is nominally less at play than in the west. Is this a small arcade in a shady alley populated by gangsters or something?

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I want buttons that are twice as loud as normal ones.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
A bunch of Russians managed to get the old DOAOnline working trojan free on a private server. Apparently LAN games work too.

Video and download link

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 22, 2012

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
Is it really trojan free? There's too many complaints about trojans in the video's comments for me to be sure about it.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

I have an old Neo Geo AES Pro stick that works, but I want to get it upgraded. New stick and new buttons. Anyone have an idea of a stick that's easy to drop in and replace with minimal modding to the stick case? Also it looks like the buttons are 24 mm, so I should be able to find drop in replacements yes?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Could you link a picture of it? A stock picture that you find on google is fine.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

rivals posted:

Could you link a picture of it? A stock picture that you find on google is fine.

This is the stick I have. It's fairly thin and light.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
It's possible to mod with better parts, but it's not exactly easy.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

rivals posted:

It's possible to mod with better parts, but it's not exactly easy.

Looks doable with what I have. Thanks!

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

HKR posted:

This is the stick I have. It's fairly thin and light.

Oh, yeah, this stick is the poo poo, especially for KOF. Button layout is weird, but it's old Neo Geo. The stick itself on the other hand feels super light and very smooth.

Personally, I wouldn't modify this thing unless it's faulty or damaged.

BurningCourage posted:

Is it really trojan free? There's too many complaints about trojans in the video's comments for me to be sure about it.

I ran it through both Norton and AVG. If your antivirus still complains, then just don't download it.

So far, I got no issues, unlike the other time my other PC's display drivers died for a while.

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post

Goodpart posted:

I would seriously consider contacting Gamerbee on Facebook or some such. He's a totally awesome guy and I have no doubt he'd at least attempt to help out when it comes to good places to play. He speaks English well so if your Mandarin isn't strong it's no biggie.

From what he's said, the TW scene is a little odd, so it's no surprise that you're having a tough time.

Oddly enough, I actually met him at the Taipei Game Expo a few months ago. He was super nice, but he basically just said "I mostly play online with Japanese guys." He mentioned one specific place, but his directions were a little vague. He also told me that SF doesn't have that big of a following in Taiwan, but that KOF has a solid following, which is obvious the minute you walk into an arcade. The arcade I go to has more KOF 98 machines than SF4, KOF13, and TTT2 combined, and they're usually pretty busy. I think I'm gonna try and dabble in that game for a while. Maybe that's where all the cool kids play.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
This is going back a few years, but the way I understood what he said is that Taiwan is pretty free because they don't really give a poo poo about SF4 and the playerbase isn't big enough to encourage improvement. Things may have changed, but I think you're screwed. Get good at KOF and then use the superhuman reactions you acquire to body people who only play SF4.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Smegmatron posted:

This is going back a few years, but the way I understood what he said is that Taiwan is pretty free because they don't really give a poo poo about SF4 and the playerbase isn't big enough to encourage improvement. Things may have changed, but I think you're screwed. Get good at KOF and then use the superhuman reactions you acquire to body people who only play SF4.

Shouldn't that be the other way around? Use your Street Fighter reactions to body people who only play KOF.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Dyllyn posted:

Shouldn't that be the other way around? Use your Street Fighter reactions to body people who only play KOF.

Few things are as easy as picking apart an SF player in KOF. If memory serves, the first SBO in which SF4 was featured was won by a team of players known for playing KOF (I believe they were called "Team KOF," actually).

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 23, 2012

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Dyllyn posted:

SF4 is glacially slow compared to other fighting games. Older SF games aren't as slow, though.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah SF4 isn't nearly as fun to watch as some of the older games.

If only KOF13 had better online.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Everybody enter the hyperbolic time chamber and play Guilty Gear (AC+R please have good netcode please please please oh god)

hyung
Jul 22, 2012
I recently saw my first match of the new persona fighting game. Seems to me that it's a sped up Blazblue which could mean it won't be as terrible to watch, but the game itself has weak flow. There's also the problem of that annoying bitch popping up on top corner of the screen yelling inane poo poo. I guess the only thing I have left to be excited for is the new guilty gear coming onto PSN.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

P4U is as much like BB as BB was like GG. Which is to say it looks like it might be pretty much the same except it's completely different in actual execution.

Also you can turn off the announcers. No idea what you're trying to claim about the game's flow anyway, it's really good and fast.

hyung
Jul 22, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

P4U is as much like BB as BB was like GG. Which is to say it looks like it might be pretty much the same except it's completely different in actual execution.

Also you can turn off the announcers. No idea what you're trying to claim about the game's flow anyway, it's really good and fast.

What I meant by flow is that the combos and attacks you do don't "mesh" together nicely, as in going from one attack to another doesn't seem to be smooth and "flow." It's difficult to explain, and if I do try to explain it'll just sound like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4. It's true that I can't accurately judge how well the game will play without actually playing it for myself, so I'll reserve my complete judgement until I've actually tried it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

hyung posted:

I recently saw my first match of the new persona fighting game. Seems to me that it's a sped up Blazblue which could mean it won't be as terrible to watch, but the game itself has weak flow. There's also the problem of that annoying bitch popping up on top corner of the screen yelling inane poo poo. I guess the only thing I have left to be excited for is the new guilty gear coming onto PSN.

The flow is about a thousand times better than blazblue if videos of the game in action are anything to go by. Attacks come close together without seemingly much need for timing or pauses for most characters, and overall combo length is pretty short for most characters as well.

The game is also far faster, far more unforgiving, has a greater emphasis on good meter management, and easier to play from an execution standpoint.

I simply cannot see how this game could be worse than BB. I have no clue if it's as good as GG, but it's a far simpler game anyway, so comparisons will be hard. And hell, what is better than GG anyway?

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

hyung posted:

It looks way better than Blazblue. Weak flow? what the hell are you tlaking about. You hit the buttons in a combination and then the peoples on the screen do their little dances

Mejwell
Jun 5, 2004

Great!

uncleKitchener posted:

Oh, yeah, this stick is the poo poo, especially for KOF. Button layout is weird, but it's old Neo Geo. The stick itself on the other hand feels super light and very smooth.

Personally, I wouldn't modify this thing unless it's faulty or damaged.

I ran it through both Norton and AVG. If your antivirus still complains, then just don't download it.

So far, I got no issues, unlike the other time my other PC's display drivers died for a while.

I still use the neo-geo "claw" layout on my te:s for 4 button games :shobon:

WeakLad
Aug 30, 2008

I'm interested in buying a stick for my ps3.

Newegg and Amazon have a few good deals, but I was curious if anyone had an extra stick they'd be looking to sell.

I have a thread over in SAmart if you're interested in doing business with me.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3497805

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE
Rumble Fish 2 is getting an arcade rerelease, also getting changes (mebbe balance poo poo? Hopefully balance poo poo?). Supposedly the first step in a planned Rumble Fish revival. Yea boiiii, gonna get all up in them guts with Orville/Boyd.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah there is supposed to be balance tweaks. The rerelease is on Nesica. Pretty cool, TRF2 was a really fun game even if it is the jankiest looking thing ever.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Divekick reached its funding goal. :toot:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

DoA5 Combo footage from the testers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNh1w-6izmQ

Looks pretty nice, I really like the critical burst system in place now, it removes the option to mash out counters while chaining stuns in a combo, good to have more things that do that besides limbo stun.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
Well the command list system is pretty cool I guess, showing all the possible chains and junk

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
According to Fubarduck, Capcom will be announcing a new game on the second day of SBO.

Edit: In other fighting game news, Keits found a publisher for Divekick and has thus cancelled the Kickstarter (that was fully funded), so everyone can keep their $10.

fix yr hearts fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 31, 2012

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

kaujot posted:

According to Fubarduck, Capcom will be announcing a new game on the second day of SBO.

Edit: In other fighting game news, Keits found a publisher for Divekick and has thus cancelled the Kickstarter (that was fully funded), so everyone can keep their $10.

But what about my shirt and uncle sensei quote :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

RickoniX posted: