Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Was there any reason at all for Shadow to think that that was a troll village?

Was it the baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nathander posted:

drat. This is one of the few scenes that just comes off as downright gruesome to me even with all the insanity that's happened before hand.

That's some Terminator 2 poo poo right there.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

Was it the baby?

Maybe the village is just located somewhere inside or near troll territory.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The real question is, if Shadow can do this dark cheeto ball that can singlehandedly level entire towns, why didn't he use it to take everyone out at the Bever concert?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I loving lost it when Knuckles said that wasn't a troll camp. I can't name a work of fiction where genocide was that funny.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!

GulagDolls posted:

Does being insane count?

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

nerdbot posted:

The real question is, if Shadow can do this dark cheeto ball that can singlehandedly level entire towns, why didn't he use it to take everyone out at the Bever concert?

They've all been training, maybe he just learned it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Shadow there was no need for this. There was no need for bloodshed....

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

nerdbot posted:

"wild tempes 7"

Oh man, I called it!

Jesus he just dark cheeto balled that town off the fukken planet

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
All I hear is this dead silence/heartbeat sound during all that. :ohdear: This is tragic.

AndItsAllGone
Oct 8, 2003

nerdbot posted:

I'd guess it has something to do with the escalation of his feelings of frustration and impotency--his plans have failed and gone nowhere; he's been betrayed by his only competent ally. At the Justin Bever concert he felt in control until the very end and he was probably too shocked and confused by what was happening to truly tap into this kind of power.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

I loving lost it when Knuckles said that wasn't a troll camp. I can't name a work of fiction where genocide was that funny.

It's hilarious because if he had just read the maps Knuckles printed out while he was high on smart weed this wouldn't have happened. Shadow's constant disregard of his stoned out echidna bro just caused thousands of innocent deaths.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Alright, so I've just sort of realised;

what kind of universe does TGT take place in where there is just this little village of people without roads in the middle of this giant field? We know there are cities just a brisk walk away due to the neutrals backstory (and that's not even including the Troll city). What gets me is that it's SO SMALL.

I mean if it were a TROLL CAMP it makes more sense. Just this little settlement right here strikesme as kind of odd. I expect that this may drive Shadow over the edge into full-on insane villain territory.

Someone should draw Shadow as Shiva the Destroyer.

AndItsAllGone
Oct 8, 2003

Somehow I doubt that verisimilitude is one of lazerbot's priorities.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I was expecting a massacre, but that was like something out of Barefoot Gen. I never expected that type of grisly detail.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Young Freud posted:

That's some Terminator 2 poo poo right there.

Reminds me of the "replace the movie's soundtrack" thread where someone added Kool & The Gang's Celebration to the nuke scene from T2.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Man I just watched some thing about nuclear disarmament and checked this thread to cheer up some. drat it.

Calico Heart posted:

Someone should draw Shadow as Shiva the Destroyer.

Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 11 verse 32 posted:

i turn them all to dust

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Welp, Shadow is either going to reform, be crushed by his own actions, or kill Knuckles in rage and go full Akira.

Or just go "oops. Well gently caress." Then find a real troll camp I guess.

I'm on the edge of my seat for the first time since we came back from the break.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

That reminded me of the scene of when the nuclear bombs were dropped on Hiroshima in Barefoot Gen.

Con Strife
Oct 22, 2010
This thread caused me to spend the last few days reading it and the comic while checking the youtube channel and also listening to the songs inspired by lazerbots masterpiece. I have laughed and become a silent supporter of this mans cause to provide the internet with his gripping tale involving cartoon, comic and video game characters. While smoking the gra gra I have come to realize the deep and inspiring comments that have sprung forth. This story in some ways has put me in the same place as Breaking Bad in the ways characters continue to get into hosed up and crazy situations and I am stuck wondering just how everything will come together or play out.

With that all being said; drat LB. That poo poo was hosed up bro.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

now i am be->
->come death
the shatter->
->er of worlds

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

now i am be->
->come death
the shatter->
->er of worlds
Well, I gotta say, the phrase "I am become death" sounds somehow more grammatically correct through Lazerbot's writing.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Holy poo poo, that's detailed. I thought it was just going to be a big explosion. It's very similar to the Atomic Bomb. :fireman:

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

now i am be->
->come death
the shatter->
->er of worlds

I am become villains, destroyer of trolls, and I have come here to destroy all people. With the exception of you, all the soldiers here on both sides will be slain.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Holy loving poo poo. This update really inspired me, so I made a thing.

Click here for the thing!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Look how many consecutive frames there are of the grisly mass death.

Like Beavis scribbling explosions onto stick figures on animation paper, the images coming to life as he grinds his pencil to a nub; reaching for another sheet, and doing it over and over and over.

There's a horrible beauty to what we've just witnessed here. All context considered, this is one of the most intense things I've ever seen.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
A couple of other people mentioned it, but all I can think of when I read this page is this scene from Barefoot Gen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJZ6nwxD38
(This video depicts the bombing of Hiroshima, it's pretty gruesome and probably :nws:)

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Holy poo poo I thought we were just going to get a DBZ smoke explosion. Not that.

Also the twist with it not even being a troll camp at all. Totally didn't see that coming at all. It'll be really interesting to see how Shadow really reacts to this.

As for why he didn't just use this power before - a few reasons make sense to me. First, he wasn't angry enough to tap into that kind of power, and second - it has a long charge up time. If he tried that against the trolls earlier they probably would've just stopped him.

I'm also curious if Lazerbot is ever going to have Knuckles actually fight anyone - Shadow is looking more and more like he might attack Knuckles and provoke him into having to defend himself. I wonder if he'd actually make Knuckles a threat or if he'd write him as a pushover.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
this is all you're fault shadow
do you feel like a hero yet

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

I'd assume Knuckles would be pretty tough, considering that his entire thing in the actual games is that he's the tough guy who can shatter stone and can climb walls by punching them repeatedly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Emong posted:

I'd assume Knuckles would be pretty tough, considering that his entire thing in the actual games is that he's the tough guy who can shatter stone and can climb walls by punching them repeatedly.

Yeah but he always bails out before the endgame, can't (usually) go super, and was like the weakest character in Sonic Battle. He's basically superficially tough, like Worf or Wolverine.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Yeah, but he's got like, magic radar powers because, as his rap song says: "Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece. I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet."

He can sense stuff in his feet!

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, but he's got like, magic radar powers because, as his rap song says: "Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece. I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet."

He can sense stuff in his feet!
More importantly, he carries a piece?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

woodenchicken posted:

More importantly, he carries a piece?

Duh, NO, he lost it dude. cant you read?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

El Belmondo posted:

Holy poo poo, that's detailed.

I actually gasped when I was reading it on the bus. That was brutal.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Knuckles steps out of the pool to give Shadow the bad news.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
My favorite part is Knuckles sighing in exasperation at his friend incinerating hundreds of innocent people.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

lazerbot posted:

just a idea i came up with, i hope you get it

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Knuckles steps out of the pool to give Shadow the bad news.

This is now my cannon.

What are you trying to tell us, Lazy Boy? :ohdear:

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

I guess he really did wonder into Anime Town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

nerdbot posted:

"wild tempes 7"

Oh man, I called it!

Looks like someone forgot his smart weed.