Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

This is pretty great, and I think I'll grab it. Any ideas for text?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I think I'll take this.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Staggy posted:

Any ideas for text?

"Congratulations on not getting fit in 2012!"

Great page as usual. Hope the plot will progress in this chapter, but with Coyote shenanigans taking central stage, I'm not too sure that will be the case.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mediation is actually glorified doggy day-care.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
What happened to the wise trickster, Coyote. Big baby coyote is boring.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Dyllyn posted:

What happened to the wise trickster, Coyote. Big baby coyote is boring.

You do not abandon a tool just because it is undignified. You save it for appropriate occasions.

Besides, what fun is manipulating people if they can't even tell they're being manipulated.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

"Remember me, Eddie? When I killed your brother, I talked... just... like... THIS!"

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I am seriously looking forward to seeing the way Tom illustrates a series of stories about Coyote. I can't wait for this.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Time to start a pool for Coyote's Big Secret

$10 on "Stories are the source of his powers.. or something"

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Mido posted:

Time to start a pool for Coyote's Big Secret

$10 on "Stories are the source of his powers.. or something"

Every power of his described in a story becomes his power.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Coyote is actually just a plain old domestic dog pretending to be a coyote because they're cooler.

Still a god, though.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
I'm sticking with my "whining always wins" theory.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
His eyes are not naturally reddish and he wears colored contacts in all 7+ of them.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

He's actually a girl.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I still don't trust Coyote, especially considering that look in his eye on panel 2. He's certainly up to something, and I fear he may be playing the long con with Annie to get her to drop her guard around him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Oh Annie don't fall for Coyote's tricks! His "great secret" is going to be something super disappointing like he's allergic to peanuts or something

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Maybe the secret is that if you learn a secret of Coyote's, you enter into an obligation, magical enforced, to keep it...

My sense here is that Ysengrin is worried for Annie's sake...

Fangz fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 23, 2012

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Greatbacon posted:

Every power of his described in a story becomes his power.

My god :aaa:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

Oh Annie don't fall for Coyote's tricks! His "great secret" is going to be something super disappointing like he's allergic to peanuts or something
A peanut allergy is no laughing matter!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
He's not really American at all.

Foomin
Feb 14, 2005

DarkCrawler posted:

He's not really American at all.
Where's the long form birth certificate, Coyote?

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Coyote's tax returns for the last two years. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO HIDE

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's that in college Coyote always ate pizza with a knife and fork. Ysengrin doesn't want the story out because back then he was going through a neck beard phase.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The secret is his front is his back and he's been talking out of his butt the whole time vetriloquist style.

I mean, just look at it. It's all he can do to not burst out laughing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's no secret that Coyote is a butthead.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's just a fursona. He's actually a middle-aged white guy with a holoprojector. If the forest knew they would be incensed.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Coyote broke the forth wall to help future-Annie narrate. He is indeed very powerful.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I wonder if Annie actually told any stories, or if Coyote just started narrating at the fourth wall immediately after the events of the last page...

Also, drat your cliffhanger, Tom.

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 25, 2012

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Aaaand cliffhanger.

If anyone wants to animate the odd frame from last Friday here's a rough job of the important bits snipped out. Can't think of anything myself though.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Parts Kit posted:

Aaaand cliffhanger.

If anyone wants to animate the odd frame from last Friday here's a rough job of the important bits snipped out. Can't think of anything myself though.

That'd look pretty neat animated like one of the pokemon from B/W. I suck at it, though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wow, Coyote is so powerful he can see the reader.

(I do like that this was done with the character for whom it's entirely plausible that he'd just narrate to a nonexistent audience anyway)

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
So, this chapter is a story about Coyote telling a story about Annie telling a story about Coyote.

I suspect Coyote's secret relates to Ysengrin's ear.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Coyote made humans as the biggest prank of all. :v:

jfjnpxmy
Feb 23, 2011

by Lowtax
His secret is that they're almost guaranteed to get interrupted and have yet another slightly tiresome Mystery That Is Perpetually Teased But Never Explained.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Stupid cliffhangers.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Going on a rant here for a moment, but Coyote breaking the fourth wall is something that does not work and I hope we'll never see again. It took me away from the story immediately. Coyote can take the mooon out of the sky, create a whole race of people, make a sword out of a tooth, or split into bits and untangle himself in impossible ways. That's great, that's what we love about him. But he is part of a story, and breaking the fourth wall to remind me that I am indeed reading a story is not something I wanted to see. It's not clever and is passé as hell now that everyone and their dog already did it.

And even if he was being "so meta" that he was merely pretending to break the fourth wall, it still breaks the flow. Sorry for being picky like this, but this really annoyed me. It broke the flow. Do not break the flow -- it feels like a posh orchestra being interrupted by a bunch of hooligans with vuvuzelas. And I have a headache now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You must really hate it when Tea appears.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

^ Tea's appearances are between chapters though, they do not break the flow of the story since they are made only when the flow is already broken.

Saoshyant posted:

Going on a rant here for a moment, but Coyote breaking the fourth wall is something that does not work and I hope we'll never see again. It took me away from the story immediately. Coyote can take the mooon out of the sky, create a whole race of people, make a sword out of a tooth, or split into bits and untangle himself in impossible ways. That's great, that's what we love about him. But he is part of a story, and breaking the fourth wall to remind me that I am indeed reading a story is not something I wanted to see. It's not clever and is passé as hell now that everyone and their dog already did it.

And even if he was being "so meta" that he was merely pretending to break the fourth wall, it still breaks the flow. Sorry for being picky like this, but this really annoyed me. It broke the flow. Do not break the flow -- it feels like a posh orchestra being interrupted by a bunch of hooligans with vuvuzelas. And I have a headache now.

Agreed, though I didn't let it bother me as much as it did. I suppose there could have been a better way to skip through all the story-telling (a purely graphical, like two or three panels in place of the first showing the sun's passage through the sky for instance), but we're about to learn Coyote's Great Secret here so I'd rather focus on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Saoshyant posted:

I think you're crazy and it worked great. It's a very Coyote thing to do, and I don't see how it broke the flow at all. Plus that second panel is just hilarious. if it was any other character I could understand this complaint a little bit, but not Coyote.

Not to mention he didn't actually break the fourth wall.

edit: It's like the ending of part1 of Who Shot Mr. Burns. When Dr. Hibbert goes "We can't solve this mystery. Can YOU?" and is pointing at the camera. But then it reveals he's actually pointing at Chief Wiggum.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jul 25, 2012