Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voster Vox
Apr 19, 2012

A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
So has anyone speculated that Dexter is the third scientist that the Troll King is after? Because that's my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Calico Heart posted:

Why is Knuckles so loving cool with what just happened? I legitimately cannot understand. I'd call him a sociopath if he weren't so worried about his friends safety.
Knuckles is an extremely forgiving man.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Voster Vox posted:

So has anyone speculated that Dexter is the third scientist that the Troll King is after? Because that's my guess.

Dexter does seem to be pretty well implied to be the third scientist and that would also serve as his backstory on why he joined the Defenders. It'd also make a nice double-twist in that he's so obvious you'd overlook it (and it doesn't hurt that we've been somewhat conditioned to expect ludicrous twists either).

On the other hand, given the other two he doesn't quite fit. The dude from League of Legends (I don't remember his name) and Dr. Eggman both fit a small pattern in that they're video game characters whereas Dexter isn't. This is just me supposing here, but I doubt that's a coincidence. I'd wager that the third scientist is from a game that's primarily intended for 2 players; League of Legends is an MMO, whereas Sonic 1 was exclusively single player so some form of traditional co-op play would round out that quite nicely. Granted, that's a pretty big assumption to make, and two points of reference doesn't exactly indicate a pattern, but it does seem to make the kind of sense we've come to expect.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Calico Heart posted:

Why is Knuckles so loving cool with what just happened? I legitimately cannot understand. I'd call him a sociopath if he weren't so worried about his friends safety.
But he's...not really loving cool with any of this. Detached maybe, but he's still visibly upset. Knuckles was never official allied with the Troll Slaiyers, but he was at least friends with them all; for him to turn his back on them and Shadow, Shadow has to realize that he just royally hosed up.

Also, I want to see Lazerbot attempt Dexter freehand. Those poses are such obvious traces, he should experiment with him a bit.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Also, Shadow just vaporized an entire village. I wouldn't want to be particularly confrontational after something like that either.

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

Grey Skies
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Every page of this comic that features the characters getting drunk or high is always pure gold.

This happens a surprising number of times for a comic populated by beloved childrens cartoon and videogame characters.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Dragonatrix posted:

you keep looking down at me
like that ,im gonna punch you in
the balls

Claiming this.

This comic just keeps getting better and better.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

notoriousman posted:

Also, I want to see Lazerbot attempt Dexter freehand. Those poses are such obvious traces, he should experiment with him a bit.

From what I've noticed Lazerbot traces characters a lot when they first appear but draws them untraced after drawing them a lot--you can see this most evidently with the Neutrals, who were basically completely samefaced when they first appeared but became more Lazerbot-esque as he continued that chapter, but you can see this clearly with any character besides his original ones and Sonic, Tails and Shadow.

Similarly, I hope this means Cheeto Man will get some more dynamic poses than "grinning and smoking weed while the back of his head is just sliiiiightly out of the frame"

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Dexter looks so loving happy to tell Tails he's NOT going to tell him his backstory.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Let me just recap this. Cheeto Man says that Dexter is like the size of his penis. Tails goes outside, looks at Dexter, and says I KNEW CHEETO MAN HAD A TINY DICK!

God damned comedy gold.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
we saw tom kill jarry. wile e. got the roadrunner. fud got his wabbit. if we get to see a flashback where dexter kills deedee that will be the pinacle of this comic for me. what remains of my childhood self would be so happy.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

You know, that'd explain a lot …
Aikido might be a whole lot easier to learn if you could get high before training.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I figure Dexter's troll is going to be Mandark not Deedee.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Also like 90% of the defenders the trolls will have raped his sort of animal companion Koosallagoopagoop.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Let me just recap this. Cheeto Man says that Dexter is like the size of his penis. Tails goes outside, looks at Dexter, and says I KNEW CHEETO MAN HAD A TINY DICK!

God damned comedy gold.

Holy crap, I didn't even understand that line at first, just wrote it off as some "Tails is high and crazy" stuff. Amazing.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Looks like LB traced or copy/pasted Dexter. That's unfortunate.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gaseous Snake posted:

Also like 90% of the defenders the trolls will have raped his sort of animal companion Koosallagoopagoop.

I want to see LB try and spell "Koosallagoopagoop."

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Wojtek posted:

Looks like LB traced or copy/pasted Dexter. That's unfortunate.

please do not question His methods

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

You know, I'm 100% convinced Lazerbot doesn't have bad grammar, or typos. The way he writes his dialogue and posts on his deviant art page has transcended into something entirely unique. It's become its own dialect; like a Trans-Rural Interweb-Americana Brogue or something...

Edit: Also :
is the new :frogout:

hell astro course fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 26, 2012

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Calico Heart posted:

Someone should draw Shadow as Shiva the Destroyer.

I had a go.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Holy poo poo that's just so amazing my mind can't comprehend it :aaa:

This thread is the best thread

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

derp posted:

we saw tom kill jarry. wile e. got the roadrunner. fud got his wabbit. if we get to see a flashback where dexter kills deedee that will be the pinacle of this comic for me. what remains of my childhood self would be so happy.

This reminds me, I really hope when Silver and friends attack the Troll HQ we get to see Wile E. Coyote use his Neutral powers and dig into Road Runner's memories. We know that Shadow and Knuckles helped him kill the Road Runner together and I feel like that's something I need to actually see with my own eyes. I want to see what their plan was for murdering him.

It might even be a poignant look back to when Shadow and Knuckles were friends..........:negative:

EDIT: So who are the Neutrals we have left for Tails to train with, anyway? Arthur, Ronald McDonald, Vivian, Leap Frog and Frogger? I can't believe Arthur is ranked higher than Spyro and Batman, but I am also looking forward to hearing his backstory.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jul 26, 2012

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Schwarzwald posted:

I want to see LB try and spell "Koosallagoopagoop."

I imagine it will be so long and so full of arrows it will take its own balloon.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Desperate Character posted:

Holy poo poo that's just so amazing my mind can't comprehend it :aaa:

this will blow your mind into poo poo, my mind is turning into poop by this

That picture is horribly mesmerizing and terrifying.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

That's the first thing to genuinely unnerve me in quite a while. I think it's the lips and arse.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Get ready to :chillpill: if you're waiting for the next update

quote:

i don;t want to alarm you or anything by this post but im gonna take a personal day tommarrow, well technically its later today but anyways, probably won't upload a page, don't worry tho its not gonna be a long break just for the day and i will uplaod a page per day right after like nothing happened, hope you understand but if you don't what ever, one day and than i will have more awesomeness for you that will make your minds turn into poopoo i promise

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nerdbot posted:

EDIT: So who are the Neutrals we have left for Tails to train with, anyway? Arthur, Ronald McDonald, Vivian, Leap Frog and Frogger? I can't believe Arthur is ranked higher than Spyro and Batman, but I am also looking forward to hearing his backstory.

Unfortunately, I think Arthur might have a dog in his cartoon.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Stottie Kyek, that is truly an amazing piece of artwork. What did you use to make it?

Also, did anybody else notice that Tails has five fingers while Cheeto Man only has four?

produce
Apr 1, 2008

Julias posted:

Stottie Kyek, that is truly an amazing piece of artwork. What did you use to make it?

Also, did anybody else notice that Tails has five fingers while Cheeto Man only has four?

I don't think you should bother with finger counting in a comic like this, as it's so steeped in the cartooning idiom. Like stretchy limbs and giant eyes, the growth/loss of extra digits is a device of deliberate, expressive deformation.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

nerdbot posted:

When I try to get people to read it, I show them random, out of context panels from throughout the story. It's pretty easy for some people to get put off by the way the comic starts unless they have some idea of how distant it gets from your initial expectations.

Makes sense, since that's pretty much how anyone on SA gets introducted to the comic with all the avatars around. I was wondering for ages how and when Bugs Bunny MS Paint slash fiction had become a thing.

rubbe
Jul 19, 2008

Voster Vox posted:

Tails is a scientist too i think?

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
Considering that Lazerbot puts out more updates than the average webcomic, I'm willing to :chillpill: my pill while he takes a day off.

And Stottie, that is amazing.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Julias posted:

Thanks very much! :) I drew out some circles and lines and things for the skeleton and proportions and stuff in MSPaint and fleshed it out in GIMP. A bunch of spackle brushes were used for all his spines. The background pattern is a stock paisley print though with the colours changed, that bit wasn't my work.

IronyGuy6669
Apr 22, 2010
I like how Lazerbot has a more positive attitude about updating and people being impatient than like 90% of fan or independent projects I've seen. Also the fact that he's prolific helps.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Stottie you are one of the champions of this thread. Thank you.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I certainly find myself awfully jealous over how damned artistic all y'all are. :allears: Great job Stottie.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
I just plowed through this entire thing and...Jesus gently caress I have not laughed so hard in my goddamn life. The bit with Knuckles awesome plan from a while back had me in stitches.

This comic has actually made me concerned for Silver the loving Hedgehog's safety

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

rubbe posted:

Tails is a scientist too i think?

Tails is an engineer :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
There's another scientist in the story that we've been forgetting about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2y0euGMhiM