Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

dans posted:

I was at Otakon this weekend and who did I chance to see?

Did he get a wig for it? 'Cause that is dedication right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

dans posted:

I was at Otakon this weekend and who did I chance to see?

I think that's the same guy that I found a picture of before.

Anyway, I completely forgot that the episode I'm working on has a tamage to a place that I've actually been to.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

We've definitely seen this guy before but I'm not sure what convention it was at.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

If I remember right, it was Anime Weekend Atlanta.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Six days ago a Japanese "visual TV magazine" called +act mini released an issue with an article about GCCX. It has interviews and a feature on the GCCX in USA DVD. Anyone in Japan able to pick that up?

vvv Cool. I don't think it comes out very often -- seems to be an offshoot of +act, which is a monthly -- so it should still be out.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 1, 2012

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

I'll have a look for it at lunchtime. If I find it, I may be able to scan the relevant pages this afternoon.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Was the size of the issue of Jump that was given to Arino indicative of the size of a weekly issue or was that an annual release or something? It must have been pretty drat expensive either way.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Was the size of the issue of Jump that was given to Arino indicative of the size of a weekly issue or was that an annual release or something? It must have been pretty drat expensive either way.

That's the average size of weekly Jump, and any weekly comics magazine for that matter. I think they're about 800 yen brand new or something? Back issues are worth next to nothing and are usually sold at used book stores for like 100 yen or less.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Yep, my friends and I like to call them phonebook comics.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Mister Chief posted:

They're usually printed in black and white on super low-grade-feeling paper so relative to their size, they're very cheap.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I guess it's lucky that Japan has a good recycling program. Does Jump have digital distribution applications like Marvel and DC have?

drunkninja
Apr 3, 2009
Hello everyone, first post in a while 'round these parts. Anyway, I've only recently got into the show, and I'm wondering if there's a good place to get all the episodes that have broken links in the OP. Any help is appreciated!

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
There's tons of episodes on YouTube if you don't mind the video quality getting mangled.

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Ryan Reynolds brings a brilliant new form of acting in every movie he does!
x

Bradster fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 8, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I just finished a bunch of episodes and after doing four episodes of platformers, I want to do something unconventional. Help me choose.

Paris-Dakar Rally Special - Arino tackles the most unusual racing game. Comes with GCCX at Tokyo Game Show and "To Catch a Catch Copy".

Ikki - This is a DVD special so it's challenge-only. Arino plays a beloved crap game by the makers of 53 Stations. The music WILL get stuck in your head and you will hate it.

Kirby's Dream Course - Arino learns the joy of golfing through Kirby. Watanabe returns for more friendly abuse. Comes with "Retro Read-Along."

Pilotwings - The second most recent episode! The first live stage challenge since Mighty Bomb Jack. Arino is determined to beat the last stage once and for all so that we may never have to see him play it again.

And yes, Princess Tomato is still being done by someone else and we still need an unbroken video file for Battletoads before we can release that one.

ETA: Voting's over; Paris-Dakar Rally wins.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 1, 2012

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Kirby's Dream Course

And a promise to someday have the episode where Yokio plays Kirby Super Star translated?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Is the Pilotwings one following on from the 40th birthday live show?
If so I'd like to see that episode to see if Arino can finally conquer that game.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.
Paris-Dakar Rally Special looks interesting. I can't remember a good racing episode. Does Arino even have a good track record for those?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

zari-gani posted:

Kirby's Dream Course - Arino learns the joy of golfing through Kirby. Watanabe returns for more friendly abuse. Comes with "Retro Read-Along."

How can I not vote for this? :v:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Give me Kirby's Dream Course.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Kirby's Dream Course please. I love the kirbies games.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
I'll go with Paris-Dakar Rally Special. I like "To Catch a Catch Copy".

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
I wanna see Paris-Dakar Rally Special too.

Baldrash fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 1, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Please do Kirby Dream Course next.

To Chi Ka
Aug 19, 2011
I vote for Paris-Dakar Rally Special. I enjoyed the episode a lot the first time I saw it.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Paris-Dakar Rally Special sounds cool.

Spaz Medicine
Feb 22, 2008

Azzur posted:

Paris-Dakar Rally Special looks interesting. I can't remember a good racing episode. Does Arino even have a good track record for those?

Seconding this. I can't remember watching any racing episode except the short little Super Mario Kart challenge.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
So I just recently started watching the show, and I can't decide which episodes are must sees, and which ones are just good. Can you guys recommend me which ones I should watch? I've seen Bomber Jack,BOMBER JACK LIVE , Ultraman, Tokimeki Memorial (favorite one), and Contra

EDIT: Oh also Kirby's Dream Course because that game would be great.

Dogbutt fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 1, 2012

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

I'd like to see Paris-Dakar Rally Special. It's gotta be really weird, right?

Caution Baby
Dec 26, 2006

you really don't remember anything important, do you, br'er lappin?
Kirby's Dream Course please.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Paris-Dakar Rally Special. Let's go weird game!

Jest3
Apr 27, 2010
Paris-Dakar Rally Special, Ikki or Kirby would be amazing.
Thank you!

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I'll go with Ikki.

I just love these weird crap games!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I would love to see Paris-Dakar Rally!

I have heard good things about this episode.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 1, 2012

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Paris-Dakar Rally is a pretty legendary lovely game and I'm legitimately curious as to how Arino will treat it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Going to throw my vote in for Paris-Dakar Rally.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
You're wonderful zari-gani! I vote for the Rally episode.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Totally Ikki.

I love watching Arino play Japanese games I have never heard of.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Paris-Dakar Rally Special looks interesting. I never want to see Pilotwings again. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Looks like Paris-Dakar Rally Special is winning so I'll do that, then Kirby's Dream Course next. Thanks! I'll then do Ikki and Pilotwings Live Stage Challenge if I feel like it.