Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

The Hulu version, at present, is Japanese with subs. If they use the original cast (or as close to it as you can, see: Chie) for the Blu-Rays I wouldn't feel too miffed on English only considering the generally stellar job they did, but it's still such a bizarre decision not to include the Japanese audio. It makes no sense, considering the typical anime audience.

vvvvvvv Ahhhh, okay.

LiquidRain fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

LiquidRain posted:

The Hulu version, at present, is Japanese with subs. If they use the original cast (or as close to it as you can, see: Chie) for the Blu-Rays I wouldn't feel too miffed on English only considering the generally stellar job they did, but it's still such a bizarre decision not to include the Japanese audio. It makes no sense, considering the typical anime audience.

Well the decision is "The Americans get the same product but for less money, what's to stop Japanese fans from reverse importing?"

Basically, Japan's entire entertainment industry is corrupt and rear end-backwards as hell. Hell, this is pretty much why Bandai shut down their entire US operation.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

404GoonNotFound posted:

Ahahaha holy poo poo. I assume that's either a fake or for Time Out victories, but either way it's loving incredible :golfclap:

Yea its an edit of naked teddie winpose and akihikos falling animation, but I thought it was funny and wanted to share.

Elec
Feb 25, 2007
Interestingly I have caught snippets of the P4 anime on cable TV here. Unfortunately I must have caught a bad episode because the cast literally did nothing but sit around in a VIP lounge and get "drunk".
I cannot handle watching anime, it just bores me to tears and I just have a lot of issues with it. I can handle it in a game though, if the game is good, and P4G is super popular so I may get that down the line. Thanks for the tips though. :)

I do have to say that Arena has a lot of mechanics that are pretty new to my fighting game experience, so it's been somewhat of a challenge to get some of these things down like 2AC for hop, and the whole all-out rush attack thing. I love auto-combos though! I was never good at JoJo's and Stands but I do a bit better here with Personas.

Also, I really, really don't like playing as Naoto, and while Aigis is a little fun her bullet management kind of makes me nervous. I don't quite have a grasp on Yosuke yet, but I'm doing all right with Yu and for some reason I'm really responding to Yukiko.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Elec posted:

Interestingly I have caught snippets of the P4 anime on cable TV here. Unfortunately I must have caught a bad episode because the cast literally did nothing but sit around in a VIP lounge and get "drunk".

That actually happened in the game. It was either hilarious or stupid with very little middle ground.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh Japan. For a country that's given us so many technological and artistic advances in human culture, your economical system is so backwards it might as well have Nobunaga as it's chief finance minister :allears:.

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008

The GIG posted:

That actually happened in the game. It was either hilarious or stupid with very little middle ground.

The episode in question was actually way more entertaining than the same scene in the game.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

Nobunaga as it's chief finance minister.

I wish. In any case I want this game out already so I can figure out who I want to play as more than anything else. But I gotta bunch of real rear end poo poo to do on release week so i probably won't be able to play until the weekend.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Kuma 10k touch of death combo. I love these anime fighters.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18498647

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Getting 1st place is impossible...

Killer Queen posted:

Kuma 10k touch of death combo. I love these anime fighters.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18498647

Teddie has to use an item that's randomly generated(I think) while his opponent spaces out waiting in the corner, then uses 150 SP. That's what I got from that, could be wrong but I don't think this will ever be used.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

ShooterHeart1CC posted:

Teddie has to use an item that's randomly generated(I think) while his opponent spaces out waiting in the corner, then uses 150 SP. That's what I got from that, could be wrong but I don't think this will ever be used.

Teddie's items are only seemignly random, there is a set pattern they follow, so if you know the character enough you can know what comes next by what items have recently appeared.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I think the first time you use an item it's random, but after that it is a set pattern and the following item is always going to be the same. So like Ixiggle said if you know the order of the items you can plan around that after using the first one.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

ShooterHeart1CC posted:

Also on a fatal counter!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Teddie's item's are not random AT ALL. His first item is always the green rocket, every single time. Resets each match obviously. This is the order they appear in:

Green Rocket
SP Drink
Ice
Parachute Bomb
Barrel
Smoke Bomb
Yellow Rocket
Lightning Drum
Muscle Drink
Pinwheel
Red Rocket
MYSTERY FOOD X
Meteors

Also yes, for that combo he needs all of this stuff:

Rage (extra damage)
Fatal Counter (extra hitstun)
2C starter (not that easy to get)
One More Burst
Awakening Mode
150SP
Corner

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Getting 1st place is impossible...
I blame Platinum the Trinity for my mistake. Holy crap that's a long list, and I can only assume everyone will have to know it if they want to know what he can do next. :bang:

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
So apparently Mitsuru is now solo S tier, I wonder why :allears:

http://www.dustloop.com/guides/p4arena/hitbox/Mitsuru/5A.html
http://www.dustloop.com/guides/p4arena/hitbox/Mitsuru/5B.html
http://www.dustloop.com/guides/p4arena/hitbox/Mitsuru/BD.html

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo, how big can you make a hitbox?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

She isn't solo S-Tier though? Aigis is still up there with her. Her hitboxes are certainly ridiculous on top of her having everything else though.

Honestly the hitbox on the 5A is smaller than I was expecting it to be. The 5B looks dumb because there is a special effect not being shown.

And I doubt anyone cares about the numbers, but P4U is now the fastest selling traditional fighting game. Not including stuff like Final Fantasy or Smash of course.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

As if anyone needed any more reasons to hate this character. gently caress.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

She isn't solo S-Tier though?
I heard something about a newer list with Mitsuru solo S and Aigis/Chie in A with a bunch of other characters. May it's just another list that's been floating around from some other top player or something

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Holy poo poo, how big can you make a hitbox?

To be fair most of the non-counter dps have huge hitboxes like that.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I'm sure different people will have different opinions on it. But Stunedge agrees that she's S-Tier, and I'd trust his opinion pretty far seeing as he's an SBO qualifier. The SBO qualifier numbers pretty much give the same conclusion as well.

As far as the hitboxes go, the 46A one is way, WAY more offensive than any of those ones. Because the 46A is also stupidly fast, travels the whole way across the screen, is safe on block, and leads to huge combos on CH.

And honestly hitbox size is just one factor in all of it anyway. It's really the fact that her hitboxes are loving gigantic on top of being super fast and everything being safe or advantage.

Edit: ALSO as I suspected, it looks like that the Bufudyne change actually was kind of a nerf for Mitsuru. The hitbox doesn't extend behind her at all anymore, even if the forward hitbox is a lot bigger.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 2, 2012

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Teddie laughs at that 5B
http://www.dustloop.com/guides/p4arena/hitbox/Teddie/5B.html

Really, it looks like most of the cast has really good normals.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Edit: ALSO as I suspected, it looks like that the Bufudyne change actually was kind of a nerf for Mitsuru. The hitbox doesn't extend behind her at all anymore, even if the forward hitbox is a lot bigger.

I figured that's what the change was when they announced it. Good to have definitive proof. Don't use it like a dummy Mitsuru players.

Also I should probably just play Mitsuru.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I'm torn. I'm awful at technical fighters...fighters in general, really, and yet... and YET.... I love Persona 4.

Maybe I'll learn how to get good at fighters for this. It almost worked for BlazBlue!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Speedball posted:

I'm torn. I'm awful at technical fighters...fighters in general, really, and yet... and YET.... I love Persona 4.

Maybe I'll learn how to get good at fighters for this. It almost worked for BlazBlue!

I know how you feel. I was the same way for MvC3. But don't give up and maybe you'll beat someone online and it will feel good.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Speedball posted:

The benefit of it being an anime fighter is that they usually do a fairly good job with providing single player content that's at least amusing, so even if you're a complete and utter failure at online play you can still mash around by yourself and have a good time.

Very excited myself despite still being trash at fighting games. And they apparently made Mitsuru beastly which is awesome as a fan of the character from 3.

blue font
Feb 28, 2011

Speedball posted:

I get the feeling that this game will be pretty popular with other beginners. Probably won't be too hard to find other people who are also bad. Never played an ASW game before so I doubt I'll fare any better tbh

Psyched for this game, though. Planning on repping Persona 3. Akihiko and Mitsuru were always mainstays in my party, so they'll be the first I'll take a test drive with. I usually avoid jumping on s-tier character bandwagons in most fighting games just out of personal preference, but I don't think that'll dissuade me from using these two this time.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

blue font posted:

Psyched for this game, though. Planning on repping Persona 3. Akihiko and Mitsuru were always mainstays in my party, so they'll be the first I'll take a test drive with. I usually avoid jumping on s-tier character bandwagons in most fighting games just out of personal preference, but I don't think that'll dissuade me from using these two this time.

I'm not a bandwagon fan myself, but be damned if I'm not going to give Mitsuru the running start.

She was my favorite too in P3, so I got really excited when they announced her for this. Then the game dropped and I started watching all these fights and reading up on Dustloop and realized that Arcsys basically used BlazBlue's Jin as the starting point for her moveset. I'm one of those sad, sad people who poured way too much time into BBCT, specifically as Jin, and the idea of having a super-charged version of it in a game that's actually good was pretty much all I needed to see. I'm probably gonna get stomped online but be damned if I don't want to make my friends get mad all over again.

Elec
Feb 25, 2007
I might be misremembering since I haven't touched Mitsuru that much so far, but that 5B animation also comes with her jumping back a little, doesn't it? Also all the BD moves have similar if not comparable craziness involved, and it's not like anyone has zero options for getting around those long pokes.

(I'm really bad with charge characters though so maybe I just haven't seen her True Potential yet)

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

blue font posted:

Yea, I am going to use Mitsuru, Naoto and Elizabeth (with Yu every now and again). Manly because I loved all the characters from Persona 3 & 4. drat this may be one of those games where I HAVE to master every character.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Elec posted:

I might be misremembering since I haven't touched Mitsuru that much so far, but that 5B animation also comes with her jumping back a little, doesn't it?

4B hops backwards before the attack, 5B stands still, 6B hops forwards. IIRC all three versions have the same startup so they're all comboable :allears:

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE

First frame has Teddie walking real hard.

I'll be honest, I wasn't crazy excited for this. But it could have been because I followed like, nothing on it other than a few system writeups and a couple of vids early on. Catching up now, I think this game looks pretty dope and there are a slew of characters I wanna play with.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

E-Tap posted:

Hahaha, FinestKO is hosting a Persona 4 Arena tournament, and Shadow Labrys mirror matches are some of the craziest poo poo fighting games are capable of. :psyduck:

I am always a little excited for a new anime fighter, but this has me giggling like mad.

I mained Taokaka in BB in part because I enjoyed landing the Tuna Super. What the properties on that bro-fist, anyway? It looks a bit like Gief's running bear grab? Except if it grabs, it goes into super.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Boxman posted:

I am always a little excited for a new anime fighter, but this has me giggling like mad.

I mained Taokaka in BB in part because I enjoyed landing the Tuna Super. What the properties on that bro-fist, anyway? It looks a bit like Gief's running bear grab? Except if it grabs, it goes into super.

HNK Fatal KO Theme NEVER gets old.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

sadly his IK brofist is not really useful cause he walks for a little too long in my opinion. but feel free to wreck fools on days 1-5 with it. also I guess if you're psychic then do it on oki when you think the opponent is gonna reversal super like with Yu or Chie's invincible supers.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I just found out that you can't chip people to death, and they brought back that stupid "wiggle the stick to escape freeze" thing from CT.

arcsys why

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Not dieing by chip is in a ton of games.

And I'm pretty sure there's no stick wiggling at all in this game, they even took that out of BB last time I checked.

Edit: Yup they took that out in BB:CS1.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 2, 2012

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Not dieing by chip is in a ton of games.

And I'm pretty sure there's no stick wiggling at all in this game, they even took that out of BB last time I checked.

They did take out ice shaking in BBCS. According to people on the FinestKO stream a few days ago, shaking is back, but it only requires 4 inputs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Recall who it was that said that? Or just stream monsters?

I'll ask a few people tonight just to make sure, but I haven't heard anything about any wiggle recovery so far.

• Locked thread