Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Troffen posted:

Ok I'm dumb as hell, where do I go with Sora after Neku and cloak guy run off? I remember hitting some electric thing on the wall and that did something but uuuh I wasn't really paying attention.

Also I agree with the complaint that the camera is zoomed in way too close. KH's combat is chaotic enough when you can actually see poo poo.

It opened a door nearby. look for the glowing pink line on the minimap. If you can't see it, try zooming out. (The minus icon on the minimap)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Figured it out, I had to talk to the mailbox. I swear these games just completely shut my brain down, I was going in circles around the 3 districts for like 20 minutes.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Troffen posted:

Ok I'm dumb as hell, where do I go with Sora after Neku and cloak guy run off? I remember hitting some electric thing on the wall and that did something but uuuh I wasn't really paying attention.

Also I agree with the complaint that the camera is zoomed in way too close. KH's combat is chaotic enough when you can actually see poo poo.

Actually the camera is just as close as it ever was. It's just that at a lower resolution, the HUD elements remaining the same size make the screen feel a bit cramped.

Reive
May 21, 2009

For the cramped screen just make liberal use of lock-on to keep the camera at a distance in battle, helps lots.

This game is charming as hell and I'm loving the mechanics, can't wait to see how the story goes.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Troffen posted:

Figured it out, I had to talk to the mailbox.

People have said that the games have been crazy. But now we're talking to mailboxes to advance the plot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Haquer posted:

Actually the camera is just as close as it ever was. It's just that at a lower resolution, the HUD elements remaining the same size make the screen feel a bit cramped.

The camera is close but the areas are much larger and there's a greater emphasis on movement which hurts it a lot more than 385/2 Days or Re:Coded. I appreciate the large areas but keeping the camera that close in them is a pain in the rear end.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Reive posted:

This game is charming as hell and I'm loving the mechanics, can't wait to see how the story goes.

hahahahahaha

gently caress I just finished Hunchback world and something in the journal reminded me of a spoiler I read. "His condition remains unstable" with the now human Org members

And now I remember why I was really mad at the plot even before I started this game. Of course, maybe it will play out a lot less retarded than I think.

EDIT: I liked that they used the CAT mural in Traverse Town, I with they had done something with it, though. Unless you go back later and there's more TWEWY stuff! :haw:

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 2, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

DapperDinosaur posted:

I just finished Traverse Town with Riku and I'm currently at Sora's Traverse Town boss. I'm really enjoying it so far but I'm kind of dissapointed in how little the World Ends With You characters were used.

Funny, I was getting irritated with how much they were used :v:

Behonkiss posted:

I have to say that I'm guessing quite a few people who play this who never played The World Ends With You will either burst out laughing or have a very confused look when Joshua sprouts angel wings out of nowhere and flies away.

Yeah, I didn't know what the gently caress but I put it down to Square being Square and forgot about it.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

hahahahahaha

gently caress I just finished Hunchback world and something in the journal reminded me of a spoiler I read. "His condition remains unstable" with the now human Org members

And now I remember why I was really mad at the plot even before I started this game. Of course, maybe it will play out a lot less retarded than I think.

EDIT: I liked that they used the CAT mural in Traverse Town, I with they had done something with it, though. Unless you go back later and there's more TWEWY stuff! :haw:

I just finished this section: you DO go back to Traverse town and there IS more TWEWY cast interaction :3:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I feel like Rhyme and Joshua somehow got voice swapped, given how she sounds very boyish and he sounds like the smuggest 11 year old girl in the universe :smuggo: It does want me to punch him in the face, so props if that was intentional. Beat remains amazing :swoon:

Ludicrous G. Gibs
Jan 28, 2012

Drinks?

Ludicrous G. Gibs posted:

Does the North American version of KH3D push a system update? If so, what version does it push? I'm interested in the game, but less interested in losing the ability to read PDFs on my 3DS and so on.

I picked it up yesterday and just in case anyone else was wondering, it doesn't push anything so your firmware is safe.

It's also amazing and if you own a 3DS and enjoy RPGs at all you should probably just grab it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Solaris Knight posted:

I feel like Rhyme and Joshua somehow got voice swapped, given how she sounds very boyish and he sounds like the smuggest 11 year old girl in the universe :smuggo: It does want me to punch him in the face, so props if that was intentional. Beat remains amazing :swoon:

All the voice actors are the same as the ones in TWEWY, except Rhyme who didn't have one. She does now, though!

EDIT: Beat owns, yo

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Ludicrous G. Gibs posted:

I picked it up yesterday and just in case anyone else was wondering, it doesn't push anything so your firmware is safe.

It's also amazing and if you own a 3DS and enjoy RPGs at all you should probably just grab it.

Wait, is there custom firmware for the 3DS now?

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Wait, is there custom firmware for the 3DS now?

No, Nintendo's been making efforts to block DS flashcarts with firmware updates.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Troffen posted:

No, Nintendo's been making efforts to block DS flashcarts with firmware updates.

Ah, I never used my R4 with the 3DS anyway what with Nintendo being able to tell what you've been playing!

Back to KH chat: Is the secret ending worth unlocking or should I just Youtube it?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Back to KH chat: Is the secret ending worth unlocking or should I just Youtube it?

It's your choice. The secret ending implies that something will happen in KHIII that I know some fans have been waiting for.

The requirements are piss easy compared to the last games' secret ending requirements this time around, so you may as well make the extra effort. Youtubing it is fine too.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Folt The Bolt posted:

It's your choice. The secret ending implies that something will happen in KHIII that I know some fans have been waiting for.

The requirements are piss easy compared to the last games' secret ending requirements this time around, so you may as well make the extra effort. Youtubing it is fine too.

Don't tell me.

Sora and Riku finally get together.:allears:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Folt The Bolt posted:

Well to be honest I've been waiting for just about anything to happen in KHIII

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

All the voice actors are the same as the ones in TWEWY, except Rhyme who didn't have one. She does now, though!

EDIT: Beat owns, yo

Honestly, my favorite part of watching the playthroughs on YouTube has been seeing the TWEWY kids in fully rendered models and they look (and sound) fantastic. I kinda just want a sequel with just them in 3D, none of this KH kerfuffle of a plot that makes no sense.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Don't tell me.

Sora and Riku finally get together.:allears:

No. :lol:

The ending would probably only succeed in making that group (and certain others) go ballistics instead.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gaseous Snake posted:

Well to be honest I've been waiting for just about anything to happen in KHIII

I've never understood this. They've released several games since KHII, including two (this and BBS) which Nomura has said are as important as numbered titles. Who cares if it has a III at the end? Also, he has said that III is gonna end this plot cycle.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Who cares if it has a III at the end?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Also, [Nomura] has said that III is gonna end this plot cycle.

You answered your own question there friend. The cycle of madness needs to end, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Watched the secret ending cause I'm poor and can't afford all these systems and all these games.

That is a pretty big deal. But all I care about is if they are going to do a Tangled world in KH3 :v:

edit: also you got Mandy Moore once, you can do it again for Rapunzel SQUARE

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

C-Euro posted:

You answered your own question there friend. The cycle of madness needs to end, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hopefully they can make another TWEWY game or something after the madness ends.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Watched the secret ending cause I'm poor and can't afford all these systems and all these games.

That is a pretty big deal. But all I care about is if they are going to do a Tangled world in KH3 :v:

edit: also you got Mandy Moore once, you can do it again for Rapunzel SQUARE

This almost feels like a given. It and Princess and the Frog (Which I'm betting on appearing in some way as well) are the most "traditional" Disney films of the past decade, and I read it was their most successful animated film since The Lion King. They'd be nuts not to include it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sora, Donald & Goofy all turning into frogs YES

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I've never understood this. They've released several games since KHII, including two (this and BBS) which Nomura has said are as important as numbered titles. Who cares if it has a III at the end? Also, he has said that III is gonna end this plot cycle.

Well I'd just like to see the end of the story before I turn 30.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So according to the secret ending.

Its gonna be Sora, Riku and Kairi as playable dudes and Ventus and Aqua are coming back?

Also DARKNESS.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Behonkiss posted:

This almost feels like a given. It and Princess and the Frog (Which I'm betting on appearing in some way as well) are the most "traditional" Disney films of the past decade, and I read it was their most successful animated film since The Lion King. They'd be nuts not to include it.

I think it's clear at this point Square doesn't care about the Disney side anymore and only uses new worlds when its hand is forced.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Coming soon to Kingdom Hearts III, Agrabah! This time it's the one with John Rhys-Davies!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think it's clear at this point Square doesn't care about the Disney side anymore and only uses new worlds when its hand is forced.

Saying this immediately after the release of KH 3DS seems an odd choice.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Saying this immediately after the release of KH 3DS seems an odd choice.

I can't wait to play Tron Legacy world. I wish I hadn't traded my 3DS in for the XL pre order yet. The Mark of Mastery box is staring at me, telling me I failed its exam.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

RagnarokAngel posted:

I know Pureauthor basically said this already, but every single world in KH3D is new. Well, I guess Pranksters' Paradise is debatable, but still.

Gaseous Snake posted:

Coming soon to Kingdom Hearts III, Agrabah! This time it's the one with John Rhys-Davies!

I had to look this up, and now I want to rewatch that movie (it owns)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Robin Williams voiced Genie in the original Aladdin and in that one, but not the second :eng101:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I had to look this up, and now I want to rewatch that movie (it owns)

That's the 40 Thieves one, right? Yeah, awesome movie.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
There's a whole lot of not mentioning Treasure Planet going on here. Just shameful. :colbert:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I know Pureauthor basically said this already, but every single world in KH3D is new. Well, I guess Pranksters' Paradise is debatable, but still.

Every single Disney world is new, though we go to new locations in both Traverse Town and The World That Never Was. Makes me want a game where you can go into Hollow Bastion with Flowmotion. :allears:

While Tron appeared in KHII, the world itself is new, since Tron in KHII is a copy of the original who appears in this as Rinzler. Not to mention that The Grid is canonically different from the original Space Paranoids, sharing only Tron and Kevin Flynn, as well as a successor to CLU.

Prankster's Paradise is new. The Monstro part is not. However, Monstro itself has gotten all-new areas that you can explore. Additionally, Monstro is not nearly as overused as other Disney Worlds are (*cough* Olympus Coliseum *cough*).

Basically, if something's not new, it will at least not intentionally feel stale.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
Ok... I having trouble understanding how abilities work in this game, if I unlock them on the dream eaters and I remove the dream eater do I still have the ability or do I have to link with the dream eater and a random unlocked one is made permanent?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Notinghamington posted:

Ok... I having trouble understanding how abilities work in this game, if I unlock them on the dream eaters and I remove the dream eater do I still have the ability or do I have to link with the dream eater and a random unlocked one is made permanent?

Support and Spirit Abilities are permanent. Stat Abilities are not. Second Chance and Once More belong to the Support Ability category so no worries there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The GIG posted:

There's a whole lot of not mentioning Treasure Planet going on here. Just shameful. :colbert:

If I had any hope of Treasure Planet being in it when this series started, it's gone now :smith: