Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Undead Unicorn posted:

Yeah, was on ED chatlogs. Ponygiotis Vavetsikas is claiming responsibility.

That guy has been a dick on LB's Facebook page for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Yep, looks like he's been hacked. Ponygongy whatever the gently caress has posted on LazeyB's facebook, and his account has linked to this new fake page. Now we gotta wait for Deviantart to reinstate LazeyB, or for a new account.

:fut:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Is their anyway to inform DeviantArt about the hack so they can stop anymore pages from being posted by Ponygiotis?

Also, the person behind it apparently being a brony is appropriate.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
This loving sucks. Is there anything we can do to help LazerB out?

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The real life drama of LB is nearly as compelling as his narrative.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
I wouldn't usually wish villains onto anyone, but in this case...

:fut:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Really, it's got everything. Current events, internet subculture clashes, cyber-espionage...

If they made a movie about freaking Facebook, this should at least rate an after-school special.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm sorry I outed him, he linked to this thread now he's getting all the internet fame he wanted out this. Congrats dude on managing to hack someone like Lazerbot's deviant art account, someone naive enough to have a password like "Tempassword"

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy
The worst part is the deliberate attempt to ruin lazerbot's reputation. Taking advantage of poor account security is one thing, but then impersonating them and making them look like a horrible person? That sort of thing is incredibly awful and cruel whether it's online or not.

I hope lazerbot doesn't take it personally. This is the sort of person it's better to not have the respect of.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this is sad. I just mentioned Tails Gets Trolled on Roger Ebert's facebook page after he posted an article about how to respond to trolls. :(

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
This is some unfunny bullshit. Keep your chin up, Lazerbot.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Guy was so mad Lazerbot wouldn't put his lovely joke in his comic that he had to HACK IT IN. This is unprecedented. I'm amazed.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
We have to do something. It is time to take action, following the path laid before us by this comic to defeat this pony troll.

Hey, I've got an idea. Does anybody have a cannon?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Olivia42 posted:

We have to do something. It is time to take action, following the path laid before us by this comic to defeat this pony troll.

Hey, I've got an idea. Does anybody have a cannon?

No, but
I have a ca->
nnan over here

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Haven't you learned anything you guys? Peace ain't poo poo.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

What I like is that his art is objectively worse than lazerbot's. You can also tell it's not intentionally bad since the style is entirely different.

Zotwoz
Apr 2, 2011
I saw the latest strip and got worried for a minute that Lazy-B had created a terrible, unfunny comic. Please get your account back soon, lazerbot :(

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
Ponygoon deleted his old comments because he realizes it can get him banned from facebook.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Man, don't even give this guy the time of day. There are two kinds of people who use ED, spineless 15-year-old nerds trying to feel self-important and adult by giving themselves power over the few people on the internet they're capable of bullying, and adults who never grew out of that phase and never will. And boyyyy do I know it.

As much as I enjoy the idea of goons coming to arms on behalf of Lazy B, I can only see such an effort becoming a dark mirror of the very comic we've read. Let's just hope we get Lazerbot back and handle these trolls Rob style. :colbert:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
guys no, the way to stop a troll is to become his friend. Show him the right path.

It's just some misunderstoo<
<d kids

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
At least this happened on the weekend when web traffic is lower and the only people on the Internet are shut-in losers.

(like us :smith:)

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Undead Unicorn posted:

Ponygiotis Vavetsikas
Bit of an odd name. Maybe that's why he was mad, his silly name has made him bitter. :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It sounds like a Homestuck character or something.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Aramek posted:

Bit of an odd name. Maybe that's why he was mad, his silly name has made him bitter. :(

Remember that old Captain Underpants silly name chart? He probably was forced to make a new name using that.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

So what's Facebook going to likely do about the account? I don't know how this stuff works.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

nerdbot posted:

Guy was so mad Lazerbot wouldn't put his lovely joke in his comic that he had to HACK IT IN. This is unprecedented. I'm amazed.

Because of this, we know he doesn't have a girlfriend, otherwise he'd go have sex with her so he wouldn't be so mad. Perhaps I should mention this to ~MY GIRLFRIEND.~

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Dumb rear end will learn, (to use better passwords)

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

His pill is very chilled about all this. He is the anti-troll.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

He was unaware his Facebook got hacked until a few minutes ago. He has recovered his Facebook but not his Deviantart account.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
On his facebook page he says he's "deeling with it." :unsmith:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

ThatPazuzu posted:

"deeling with it." :unsmith:

And that was when we all knew it'll be all right.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

FrenchToasty posted:

Seriously. I love how all this insane internet people come out of the woodwork to antagonize him and the most extreme response they get is a chill "you're weird I guess" or "lol what a nerd".

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Lazerbot posted:

thanks for the consern but the internet no matter how bad it sees is harmless no worries, when ever he gets off his high horse is his o mighty victory and realize that im still standing and only scratched alittle

This kid's a champ.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

You can't troll Lazerbot. He wrote the book on this poo poo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lazey's pill is absolute zero. :swoon:. That being said, can someone with a DA account try to report the hack? We need to get our regular show back in the road!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It wasn't a "yup" or "yes" or "yeah gently caress"

It was

"Indeed so"

so loving chill

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

FrenchToasty posted:

Seriously, he's like Ulillillia with his unflappable calm in the face of trolls. Or the Dalai Lama.

Edit: whoops spelled his name wrong

Well Manicured Man fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well Manicured Man posted:

Seriously, he's like Ulililia with his unflappable calm. Or the Dalai Lama.

Are we thinking of the same Ulililia????