Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

This is the best that could ever happen to this comic.

I love you, fellow goons. :)

EDIT: ComradeCosmobot, do you have PayPal or something?
I'd like to donate a few bucks for your expenses, and I think some others might want to do the same.

Sue fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

All external drama aside, Ronald McDonald looks absolutely terrifying. No, I'm not scared of clowns.

But yes, a TGT website is the best thing that could come of this.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Jackie D posted:

But yes, a TGT website is the best thing that could come of this.
I just had a vision of a TGT "webring" where we could partner with sites about Mr. T eating people's balls.

Then the Internet would implode because it had come full circle.

BTW, here's the mediafire link with the full comic for the new thread page:
Tails Gets Trolled Comic (as of 8/5/12)

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 5, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aramek, is the motion comic for Chapter 4 going to be uploaded soon?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
Lazerbot could teach us all something about handling trolls.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Whaddya mean "could"?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The MSJ posted:

Aramek, is the motion comic for Chapter 4 going to be uploaded soon?
Actually, he does the voices, I do the motion comic.
I was hoping to get around to it this weekend, but [enter excuse here].
Ch. 4, Part 1 should probably be done and uploaded within a week or so.

Part 2 will be special, because that's where Sonic dies and I want to make that scene count.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Video editing is far beyond my skill. :v:

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

JazzFlight posted:

Actually, he does the voices, I do the motion comic.
I was hoping to get around to it this weekend, but [enter excuse here].
Ch. 4, Part 1 should probably be done and uploaded within a week or so.

Part 2 will be special, because that's where Sonic dies and I want to make that scene count.

If the site's creation goes on schedule, you can run some select song choices by Lazerbot for that scene.

Kirbidimaru
Jun 28, 2008
Holy poo poo, I just caught up to this thread, after discovering it last weekend and chipping away at it in my free time, and it has been a loving magical experience. Just the slow transition from 'haha what the gently caress is this' to 'Hey, this is actually pretty good' and eventually '...Satanic necromancer Elmer Fudd, holy poo poo I need to know what happens next', and all the reactions and fanstuff makes this easily one of the best, if not the best, threads on the forum.

A big ol' high shovel to lazerbot, and all the goons that have been producing amazing fan content. Here's hoping Lazy B gets all his stuff back, even though the dude seems to be too chill to care that much anyway.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Come on Ronald McDonald, slap that name tag on!

Grainse
Jun 16, 2008
Man, Lazergate really had all the markings of being a gargantuan drama llama.

I'm really impressed by this kids remarkable attitude towards all this, as well my fellow goons :P

Also, I can't help but laugh at the fact Kermit wasted the air to tell Tails that some of the Troll Slaiyers were "Not to be trusted". With Trix Rabbit running around nude and Ronald flat out threatening to stab Tails to death, you almost have to wonder how simple Tails seems to his contemporary's.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Guys, I just realised a problem here. If (god willing) the animations ever reach this point in the series, then what do we do to Tails' voice? The voice/characterisation we have now is clearly not appropriate for Tails during/post training sequence.

Also, I too would like to contribute to the website, so if there was a Paypal account up or something like that it would be great.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

On the contrary, I think the situation is hilarious and part of what makes the whole TGT experience so grand. I've never seen an ED troll attempt just fail so spectacularly and it's clear Ponyguy is really desperately clinging to his shtick. He hasn't even gotten a rise out of anyone, he's just getting booed to hell and back and won't leave the stage. It's wondrous to behold.

Lazerbot is a loving champ. He's a bizarre, modern-day 90's Cool Kid.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ChaosSamusX posted:

Guys, I just realised a problem here. If (god willing) the animations ever reach this point in the series, then what do we do to Tails' voice? The voice/characterisation we have now is clearly not appropriate for Tails during/post training sequence.

Also, I too would like to contribute to the website, so if there was a Paypal account up or something like that it would be great.
Haha, actually, I think Aramek's current take on Tails would be hilarious with the stuff he has to say by Chapters 10 & 11. That goofy, warbling high falsetto will be amazing.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Hm. ComicPress looks like it won't work well because LazyB sometimes posts comics several times a day. I'm going to have to look into other options.

EDIT: Comic Easel is working much better, but it's slow in getting everything set up.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 6, 2012

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

nerdbot posted:

On the contrary, I think the situation is hilarious and part of what makes the whole TGT experience so grand. I've never seen an ED troll attempt just fail so spectacularly and it's clear Ponyguy is really desperately clinging to his shtick. He hasn't even gotten a rise out of anyone, he's just getting booed to hell and back and won't leave the stage. It's wondrous to behold.

Lazerbot is a loving champ. He's a bizarre, modern-day 90's Cool Kid.

He's the Anti-Chris-chan. Save for squashing other people's IPs together in strange ways, crude drawings and unique manner of speaking (and trolls, of course) lazyB is the polar opposite of CWC. If they were cars, CWC would be the top-heavy SUV flipping itself over in a perpetual trainwreck, and Lazy "Thunderbolt Greaseslapper" B would be the jalopy lovinging pieced together from stolen parts, built for picking up chicks, drag racing, and most especially hot-boxing. Hear me out.

LB is a natural storyteller, having a good sense of pacing (usually), foreshadowing, and character development, all things CWC didn't grasp or didn't care about.

LB also has his comic peppered with healthy doses of original content, or failing that, bends preexisting characters to the point they may as well be. Chris mimicked what he thought other people considered cool, but ultimately his characters were shallow, self-inserts at best and vapid shells at worst.

CWC loved pandering, and trolls loved him for it. Lazerbot does shoutouts and listens to suggestions, but canny enough to pick up on obvious trolls. It's telling how they got 'famous': Chris tried promoting himself on 4chan, overreacted and it snowballed from there. As far as I know, LB enjoys fans but doesn't really care. He has a story in mind and doesn't give two shits if you like it or not.

CWC 'fans' were strictly ironic or malicious - he alienated any real fans years ago by being rude or by not updating for months. LB pumps out several pages a week, he has as many genuine fans as ironic ones, and is basically rad as gently caress- the fact ED itself seemed annoyed by the dA account hacking as any speaks volumes.

Which comes the point: CWC has a wiki. It's more about him as it is about Sonichu, very creepily so. That's because no one actually gave a gently caress about Sonichu as a story- it was just a portal into what ever fell darkness lurks in a thirty-something autistic man's soul. Speaking for myself, I could give a poo poo about LB's private life- I'm strictly here for the yarns what he spins. And I would love a dedicated resource that tracks its characters and developments. We don't have one, as far as I know.

Is a TGT wiki that bad an idea? The OP is chock full of resources but we're getting to a point where there's enough content to warrant one. The major deal breaker is thinking if trolls tried to use it as a resource, but gently caress, man, if the last couple days are any indication, it's trolling on a CWC level is a group effort, and the only ones trolling LazyB are sad lonely ones that really suck at it.

Just food for thought, since setting up a website is on the 'to-do' list.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Good news on the website front: I am now in the process of automatically uploading all of the comics so far. Should be officially "up" in the next hour or two.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Good news on the website front: I am now in the process of automatically uploading all of the comics so far. Should be officially "up" in the next hour or two.

He is going to be very excited when he wakes up! :3:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Suzuki Method posted:

He is going to be very excited when he wakes up! :3:

Who wouldn't want a tailsgetstrolled.com e-mail address with your very own username?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
I'd stick that on my resume.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Cool, is it easy to replace older pages with better versions?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
The First/Previous/Next/Last buttons only work within the current chaapter and can't take the user any further. The only way to access all the comics is this unlinked page. Hopefully, updates are on the way.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Aug 6, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress yes TGT website. Now get me an RSS link.

http://www.tailsgetstrolled.com/feed/

Aaaw yeah TGT on my iPad via Flipboard I love you guys.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Aug 6, 2012

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
ComradeCosmobot you are the best. I was going to whine about how the Random button is a bit unnecessary since the story continues linearly from page to page, but the very first page that came up randomly for me was where the Troll King is revealed for the very first time and I understood that's the dumbest complaint I could make. Every single page of this comic is a masterpiece, in context or not.

what the? your an
actual a troll

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I say we have a "Legend" section that would act as like a timeline of Lazerbot/TGT events. From "discovery" to things like "First hiatus", "First Art Boom". Include some of the classic moments, like "Chill Your Pill" and the journal entry about TGT not being like DBZ. Oh, and we should have the failed trolled attempt be an event, but not actually use Ponyguy;s name so he doesn;t get the attention he craves.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

Haha, actually, I think Aramek's current take on Tails would be hilarious with the stuff he has to say by Chapters 10 & 11. That goofy, warbling high falsetto will be amazing.

Yeah, i want to hear a "so whats your amazing story, i
cant wait to hear it, wow!! oh
thats me being sarcastic if you couldn't tell." on that voice.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Life is good :allears:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Greetings, my brosurfs!

Opening bets on who the mysterious man in the shadow (talking to Shadow) is.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
10 bitcoins for Samus Aran.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
So I'm guessing Pori's going to betray everyone (trolls and defenders alike) and wind up being the real villain in the end.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Okay, we know it isn't Bobba Fett as Lazerbot has a Star Wars hate.

In the past, he's included people based on who we were excitedly chatting about (Spyro, MAYBE Doug)

We also know he likes his iconic videogame characters

Based on this, I am going to say it is either Samus Aran, or quite possible even Knack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper.

Judging by the eyes though, I'd say it looks like Captain Falcons visor.

loving hell.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I was going to go with Samus as well, but knowing Lazerbot it's probably going to be, like, Proto Man or Stimpy or Daria or something.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

The MSJ posted:

Opening bets on who the mysterious man in the shadow (talking to Shadow) is.

Edit: Forgot about the Star Wars hate.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I'm going with Count Chocula. Because this story isn't absurd enough already.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It could literally be anyone. Lazerbot: master of cliffhangers

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

Doubtful it's going to be Samus, that would be way too obvious. You guys forget that lazerbot is the guy who made Elmer Fudd into a necromancer.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Please be Samus Aran!

There's clearly not enough ladies in this comic anyway.

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
Captain Falcon is a bounty hunter, isn't he? Samus just seems too obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
If it involves Samus, then it's gotta be Kirby. Naturally, he copied her abilities during the giant interim since we last saw him.