Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

evilalien posted:

And there it is, 1:46:23!

Death, death, death, missed throw, Worst WR run ever :razz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

AnacondaHL posted:

Death, death, death, missed throw, Worst WR run ever :razz:

Yeah there is still plenty of improvement possible. I think he said he would still keep trying to improve the 120 star record for the rest of the month if he got it this quickly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
He says he's going to go for 1:44

He has 14,000 viewers!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He has 14,000 viewers!

I saw ~16.4k at the end.

edit: Maybe it was 14.6k? :confused:

pksage fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 6, 2012

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He has 14,000 viewers!
I saw 14,500 at the peak. 1:44 should go down in a few days. Might have gotten it without the deaths and missed throw.
edit: 16.4k? drat

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Wow, I can't believe he beat the WR with so many deaths. I wonder how long it will be until someone else manages to get 1:45, Sig will probably manage to get it in a day or two.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When he says that, does he mean 1:44:59 or 1:44:00? Seems like actually cutting 1:44 would be really tough.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

wa27 posted:

When he says that, does he mean 1:44:59 or 1:44:00? Seems like actually cutting 1:44 would be really tough.

Any 1:44:xx time.

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A Stately Pleasure Dome Decree
I believe what he said [meant] is that he believes 1:43:XX is possible and once he gets 1:44:XX he'll figure out if he wants to try for 1:43:XX

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Silento posted:

Wow, I can't believe he beat the WR with so many deaths. I wonder how long it will be until someone else manages to get 1:45, Sig will probably manage to get it in a day or two.

As far as I know no one else is really running 120 as actively as Sig is right now, at least yet.

e: and by anyone, I mean Nero and Honey.

Brett824 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 6, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Japanese speedrunner 0xwas is trying to beat his Kirby 64 record. He was really close at one point but Miracle Matter was a dick.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

evilalien posted:

Yeah there is still plenty of improvement possible. I think he said he would still keep trying to improve the 120 star record for the rest of the month if he got it this quickly.

I thought someone said he was gonna move on to Sunshine, but considering the apparent sloppiness of his new WR it'll be good to see him go for a cleaner run.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I thought someone said he was gonna move on to Sunshine, but considering the apparent sloppiness of his new WR it'll be good to see him go for a cleaner run.

He did say that earlier on day 1 or 2, but it seems he changed his mind. I'm guessing that botched run yesterday that was on pace for 1:44:xx is a big reason for him wanting to do better.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

And Bowz3r ponying up 1200 dollars bounty for a better time. That's pretty good motivation too.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Shabadu posted:

And Bowz3r ponying up 1200 dollars bounty for a better time. That's pretty good motivation too.

What is this about?

Karsh
Dec 22, 2004

this is my destiny
Plaster Town Cop

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What is this about?

Bowz3r is a dude that has donated hundreds of dollars to Cosmo after he has broken world records. Someone donated $600 to Sig this afternoon, so Bowz3r offered him double if he could beat his record by 30 seconds tonight (or will match $600 if he does it tomorrow).

His motive? He wants the US to have the best speedrunners in the world. He also believes that speedrunning is the future of eSports :v:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I wish I had more money than sense.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Karsh posted:

Bowz3r is a dude that has donated hundreds of dollars to Cosmo after he has broken world records

I remember when Cosmo brought him onto Skype after he donated, what was it, $300? It was pretty hilarious. "murrica", indeed.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Someone youtubed Moltov freaking the gently caress out after dying in OoT and I just remembered how funny it was. Now you're all reminded. Again, lower your volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcrbH5ZSnWE

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Holy poo poo - if the chat was recorded along with that it'd probably be my favourite video on youtube

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Karsh posted:

He also believes that speedrunning is the future of eSports :v:

Throw enough money at it and it will be.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

Karsh posted:

Bowz3r is a dude that has donated hundreds of dollars to Cosmo after he has broken world records. Someone donated $600 to Sig this afternoon, so Bowz3r offered him double if he could beat his record by 30 seconds tonight (or will match $600 if he does it tomorrow).

That's just mean.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

Someone youtubed Moltov freaking the gently caress out after dying in OoT and I just remembered how funny it was. Now you're all reminded. Again, lower your volume.

Jesus, you weren't kidding. This is almost as terrible as the UltraJMan incident.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
World of Goo TAS is some crazy poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIPVzJBlgkc

Sadly the gameplay/cutscene ratio is very poor as there is nearly 20 seconds of waiting between the levels and most of them are beaten under ten.

Probably not very appealing if you haven't played the game (you should).

e. SDA has a single segment run: http://speeddemosarchive.com/WorldOfGoo.html

Kennel fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 7, 2012

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Well that's certainly a thing. It's funnier too because when I heard him do commentary on his Chrono Cross speedrun he was very chill and not at all like you hear him here.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Kennel posted:

World of Goo TAS is some crazy poo poo

What trick/glitch enables him to break off a small section of normal (black/green) goo and fly it up to the pipes? (Without balloons.) He does this in a ton of levels, but it goes by so fast that you can't tell what's happening, and he doesn't mention it in the submitter comments.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I want to see the chat log so badly.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

absolutely anything posted:

First I'm seeing of this, and I like watching the guy. To me this is just further entertainment. I watch him cause he's generally more amusing than the rest.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011
I looked on Moltov's twitch page yesterday and that same video is the first thing that comes up. So it doesn't seem like he's embarrassed by it or anything if he keeps that specific clip uploaded on his own account.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is this really Sig?

Saphire_flames
Sep 24, 2010
no this is

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic

Last stages of a potential new WR run. Remember he died 3 times on RR last time.

Currently -10 heading into TTC. TTC and RR were pretty sloppy in the record run.

evilalien fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 8, 2012

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

evilalien posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic

Last stages of a potential new WR run. Remember he died 3 times on RR last time.

Currently -10 heading into TTC. TTC and RR were pretty sloppy in the record run.

Magic Carpet; so bad, so bad, so good.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Funkdoc practicing CV4 right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

AnacondaHL posted:

Magic Carpet; so bad, so bad, so good.

This made me think he was running Magic Carpet, the amazing Bullfrog game. WAYYY ahead of its time. Now I'm looking up runs on SDA.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Well it's a new record I guess, but that could have been a lot better than just 2 seconds saved. 1:46:21

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

evilalien posted:

Well it's a new record I guess, but that could have been a lot better than just 2 seconds saved. 1:46:21

Underwhelming but still cool.

Holy poo poo though, that chat sucks.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

factorialite posted:

Underwhelming but still cool.

Holy poo poo though, that chat sucks.

The process is this: turn off slow mode for the final boss to attempt the Twitch chat server load WR, turn on subscribers only mode after the main credits start... watch as the subscribers spam "mod toufool"... then go back to the normal spam. Sigh.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Sig's chat is the best I have no clue what people always complain about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Seriously why do any of you care about stream chats?

• Locked thread