Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why's he whining about that. He wasn't even on the card. Should count himself lucky he got a pay off considering he's nothing more than a jobber
Apparently it's something most of the lower card guys aren't pleased with because it was smaller than may have been promised/expected, especially since he's been on NXT/Superstars/houseshows for the most part. He did get some attention from officials backstage after he calmed the hell down but we'll see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why's he whining about that. He wasn't even on the card. Should count himself lucky he got a pay off considering he's nothing more than a jobber
The wrestling industry is a business. A lovely, shady business, but it's still a business. Doesn't it suck that people who do much less are making four times as much as you just because they knew the right people and showed up in the right place/time?

The wrestling industry might be the only business where working your hardest doesn't necessarily pay off at all. Well, Wrestling and working in Retail.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Perigryn posted:

Meltzer explained the JTG situation. He was upset over how low the Wrestlemania payoff was despite how well the show did financially.

:lol:

Guys getting mad at not being paid for shows they aren't even on. Why not go to TNA where you can get mad for not getting paid for shows where you actually worked.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

:lol:

Guys getting mad at not being paid for shows they aren't even on. Why not go to TNA where you can get mad for not getting paid for shows where you actually worked.

I'm 99% sure he was in the pre-show battle royal, which exists entirely so those guys can get a paycheck for the show. Its lovely if the show did the most money in Mania history and they got less than they have for past Manias, regardless of their status.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

njsykora posted:

I'm 99% sure he was in the pre-show battle royal, which exists entirely so those guys can get a paycheck for the show. Its lovely if the show did the most money in Mania history and they got less than they have for past Manias, regardless of their status.

Why you gotta bring stuff like facts, stats and logic into this discussion

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

Yeah, it's a terrible situation. It's also been said that it's an issue with Creative pretty much not willing to do anything with the undercard guys that's adding to it and that it's turning more people into Bob Holly level jackasses (and JTG is apparently not very well liked backstage).

Maybe John Cena should intervene because he truly represented the locker room's frustrations in those promos against The Rock.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I don't think we've ever gotten a look at a legit salary breakdown for WWE wrestlers, but the guaranteed money for JTG and other NXT/Superstars guys can't be that high and it's not like he's receiving any cut of merchandising revenue whatsoever. poo poo, they don't even put him in the video games anymore, which is a very nice paycheck from what people were saying when Jericho got left out.

I think guys in that position depend on the usually generous Wrestlemania payout to make sticking with WWE worthwhile. The longer you're there and mis-used, the less you probably hope to be pushed and given something to do and start breaking things down on a cost-benefit analysis level. Since he's not on TV, has no real hopes of being used on TV, and didn't get the money he was expecting, I can see how he would be pissed off and thinking of plying his trade elsewhere to make a living. Not sure it's the best decision, but I understand it.

JTG should look on the bright side. His WM payout may be down, but social media metrics are up up UP!

Tato fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 7, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Nice to see it isn't just TNA loving over the undercard.

Wait, no it isn't.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Tato posted:

I don't think we've ever gotten a look at a legit salary breakdown for WWE wrestlers, but the guaranteed money for JTG and other NXT/Superstars guys can't be that high and it's not like he's receiving any cut of merchandising revenue whatsoever.

I remember seeing one a couple years ago, but I don't know if it was accurate or not. It reported Melina being paid more than half the mid-card.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lone Rogue posted:

Nice to see it isn't just TNA loving over the undercard.

Wait, no it isn't.

JTG not getting paid a lot for a card he was barely on is a bit of a far cry from your women's champ having to work at Hot Topic, wouldn't you say?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

flashy_mcflash posted:

JTG not getting paid a lot for a card he was barely on is a bit of a far cry from your women's champ having to work at Hot Topic, wouldn't you say?

Let me know when TNA makes the kind of profit WWE makes and their Diva's Champion has to work at Hot Topic.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lone Rogue posted:

Let me know when TNA makes the kind of profit WWE makes and their Diva's Champion has to work at Hot Topic.

TNA is also my favourite indy fed

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA is also my favourite indy fed

It would be nice if TNA got rid of Sting and then spent the Sting money on giving their midcarders more money. At this point he's an exhausted commodity. They at least actually create merch for their Knockouts and midcarders but who knows how much money they actually get out of it.

However, that's the ugly nature of the business. The guys they assume who can make money for them make more money than anyone with potential to make money for them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lone Rogue posted:

It would be nice if TNA got rid of Sting and then spent the Sting money on giving their midcarders more money. At this point he's an exhausted commodity. They at least actually create merch for their Knockouts and midcarders but who knows how much money they actually get out of it.

However, that's the ugly nature of the business. The guys they assume who can make money for them make more money than anyone with potential to make money for them.

Or at one point they were the ones getting paid first and if they ran out too bad.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

njsykora posted:

There was no pre-show battle royal, just a tag match that he was also not in.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I will never understand how so many people in this forum are so quick to say that a wrestler hating their position should shut up, and just let WWE do whatever they want.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
From the Observer:

quote:

-- JTG's Twitter rant last night read: "The camels back just BROKE ! I had enought of this ... As a pro athlete,Im tired of me and my lockerroom brothers being taken advantage of . Fans have no idea what we go through.#itsanillusion ... Yea I said it ... Nobody wants to speak up, everybodys afraid of losing their job or getting taken off TV." He was far from the only undercard wrestler who was upset about their WrestleMania payoff, which was said to be just a few thousand dollars.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

The_Rob posted:

I will never understand how so many people in this forum are so quick to say that a wrestler hating their position should shut up, and just let WWE do whatever they want.

It happens in sports as well. Most people are in love with the team, not the players. That way players can come and go and they still cheer the team. "How dare this player want more money, gently caress him he should take less so my team can sign even more players" kind of mentality.

Same poo poo happens when it's factory vs. union worker.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I imagine the Wrestlemania payoff is their version of a Christmas bonus, and JTG had a Clark Griswold-style meltdown.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Speaking up the way he is never ends well so really there is no point. He should just ask for his release and go elsewhere because as long as a McMahon is in charge talent relations probably won't change. They don't give a gently caress what the midcard thinks.

I would also normally say that speaking up on twitter like an idiot will make future employers see you as less desirable as well but it's the wrestling business and the only other game in town is TNA - the company that employs Jeff Hardy among others so it doesn't really apply.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

I imagine the Wrestlemania payoff is their version of a Christmas bonus, and JTG had a Clark Griswold-style meltdown.

really should've ended his Twitter rant with HOLY poo poo, WHERE'S THE TYLENOL

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Incredibly, this might mean the guys angry about The Rock were right in the end because he didn't make them all more money.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Speaking up the way he is never ends well so really there is no point. He should just ask for his release and go elsewhere because as long as a McMahon is in charge talent relations probably won't change. They don't give a gently caress what the midcard thinks.

I would also normally say that speaking up on twitter like an idiot will make future employers see you as less desirable as well but it's the wrestling business and the only other game in town is TNA - the company that employs Jeff Hardy among others so it doesn't really apply.

So the options are literally just shut up, or leave your main source of income? Better not upset the fine upstanding company that WWE is.

Jtg is out there hurting himself on a nightly basis, and is getting nothing to show for it. He should just be happy with that because WWE is a popular company?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The_Rob posted:

So the options are literally just shut up, or leave your main source of income? Better not upset the fine upstanding company that WWE is.

Jtg is out there hurting himself on a nightly basis, and is getting nothing to show for it. He should just be happy with that because WWE is a popular company?

I don't think you get it. What happens if he throws a fit? He gets future endeavored. WWE is a lovely company with lovely management who isn't going to buckle and overhaul the way they treat their talent because of some easily expendable midcarder that they never use.

It'd take someone on Cena's level speaking up to ever get anything even looked at for a change. The two options for JTG in WWE because of how the company works and who is in charge are literally shut up and keep collecting checks or ask for your release and go to TNA or break your back on the indies for even less pay until you give up. FCW is full of guys that would replace JTG without a complaint at any time they're called up.

That's what happens when the devil has a monopoly. If you think JTG flipping out on twitter with a bunch of midcarders is going to make WWE stop mistreating their talent behind the scenes you're the markiest mark of all. In a perfect world sure the #occupyWWE movement by a midcarder would get poo poo done but the wrestling business is run by the worst people.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

a couple thousand dollars for a show he wasn't on.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I don't understand people writing off JTG as some jobber. He isn't a bad worker at all, and is only a jobber because WWE Creative "has nothing for him".

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jelq Swagger posted:

I don't understand people writing off JTG as some jobber. He isn't a bad worker at all, and is only a jobber because WWE Creative "has nothing for him".

And when WWE is the only major game in town even when TNA does seem to be slowly picking up steam this is what makes him easily replaced. It has nothing to do with ability level.

I'm not arguing that it's bullshit and that they shouldn't be paid more. I'm just saying that he's stuck and flipping on twitter isn't going to help that given the current business situation.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
In the past everyone gets payed more for Wrestlemania, if they weren't booked or not. Also there was no dark match battle royal, its was that one Tag Team match.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jelq Swagger posted:

Jelq Swagger posted:

is...a jobber

:ms:

But seriously, nobody is saying JTG is poo poo at his job and deserves to be treated like poo poo, all people are saying is JTG bitching about a bonus size for a show he wasn't even on accomplishes nothing, for him or for anyone he's supposedly speaking on behalf of.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Suppose JTG knows he has no other avenue for change given his status in the company and his only way of actually changing anything is through public awareness? WWE has been shamed into change before.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But seriously, nobody is saying JTG is poo poo at his job and deserves to be treated like poo poo, all people are saying is JTG bitching about a bonus size for a show he wasn't even on accomplishes nothing, for him or for anyone he's supposedly speaking on behalf of.

Personally, "wrestler bitching" to me is Shane Douglas bitching about Ric Flair not pushing him or Kenny Dykstra bitching about John Cena loving his girlfriend. If the company you work for tells you that you're going to receive a bonus based on the success of a show and it's the most successful show in the history of the company yet you receive a small rear end cheque, is it really bitching? Was Jericho bitching when he complained how HHH got a bigger WMX-8 payoff than him? Were ECW wrestlers just bitching when Paul Heyman was bouncing their cheques?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

People were expecting to be paid more. Wrestlemania 28 did the biggest business of any single WWE show in history by all accounts. Guys were expecting to get more and instead got less thus they are a little understandably upset. JTG's not the only guy mad about it just the only one actually saying anything and it's pretty lovely on WWE's part to lowball guys on pay despite whatever you may think of guys getting at base a couple thousand whether or not they were on the card.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

The wrestling industry is a business. A lovely, shady business, but it's still a business. Doesn't it suck that people who do much less are making four times as much as you just because they knew the right people and showed up in the right place/time?

The wrestling industry might be the only business where working your hardest doesn't necessarily pay off at all. Well, Wrestling and working in Retail.

This is true of most anything that has to do with acting.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lone Rogue posted:

Personally, "wrestler bitching" to me is Shane Douglas bitching about Ric Flair not pushing him or Kenny Dykstra bitching about John Cena loving his girlfriend. If the company you work for tells you that you're going to receive a bonus based on the success of a show and it's the most successful show in the history of the company yet you receive a small rear end cheque, is it really bitching? Was Jericho bitching when he complained how HHH got a bigger WMX-8 payoff than him? Were ECW wrestlers just bitching when Paul Heyman was bouncing their cheques?

Chris Jericho is Chris Jericho. A main eventer at that point with pull and legs to stand on in a dispute with a McMahon.

People complained about getting shafted by Paul Heyman and he laughed all the way to the bank as ECW burned and went out of business and there were probably still guys to this day who never saw that money. He was in charge and he wasn't going to change how he did business because he was the head honcho.

Anyway this is going to go around and around and my point isn't anything near the notion that these guys shouldn't get paid what they're worth so I'm moving on from it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suben posted:

People were expecting to be paid more. Wrestlemania 28 did the biggest business of any single WWE show in history by all accounts. Guys were expecting to get more and instead got less thus they are a little understandably upset. JTG's not the only guy mad about it just the only one actually saying anything and it's pretty lovely on WWE's part to lowball guys on pay despite whatever you may think of guys getting at base a couple thousand whether or not they were on the card.

I feel you, I guess all I'm saying is as lovely as it is (and I honestly agree it sucks rear end) it's a little hard for me to not think "jobber" when I think JTG. That (other than the fact that he wasn't on the show himself) doesn't invalidate the criticism but a guy bitching on Twitter who a lot of people probably don't even remember is employed doesn't carry as much gravitas.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm guessing these guys that hardly ever get used are probably sold on the Wrestlemania payout as a sort of complacency-batting measure.

In a vacuum, I'd agree with the "why is he whining about a show he wasn't on" crew, but knowing the business, I'm sure he was probably sold a bill of goods in regards to it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm guessing these guys that hardly ever get used are probably sold on the Wrestlemania payout as a sort of complacency-batting measure.

In a vacuum, I'd agree with the "why is he whining about a show he wasn't on" crew, but knowing the business, I'm sure he was probably sold a bill of goods in regards to it.

That's a fair point, and really I'm with Carlisle, what I'm posting is absolutely coming off in a way I don't mean to.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
In other news...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

In other news...

Chuck Taylor is a great man, this isn't news. But then this isn't a news thread, so YAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
That really was 140 characters. All that fancy book-learning did him some good! :haw: