Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

SciFiDownBeat posted:

So if the multiplayer is following the single player chronologically in some way, and the Reapers are increasingly focusing on London, does this mean we're approaching the point where the Citadel is brought to Earth and Shepard fires the Crucible? I'm waiting for the Multiplayer DLC where we get to fight Reaper bosses...

Sigh :allears:

Man, I would love for the extraction wave to contain bosses. A Colossus for the Geth, Harvester for Reapers and Kai-Leng for Cerberus. And killing them wouldn't be mandatory but you'd get extra credit for doing so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Doflamingo posted:

Kai-Leng...killing...wouldn't be mandatory!
Sorry, these two things don't make sense?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I've come to the conclusion that when you guys are talking about the Typhoon, it must be code for some other gun that's really good and doesn't take three years to kill a single Marauder on Gold, despite being at level IV. So could you guys tell me what this other magic, actually decent gun is, please?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Doflamingo posted:

Man, I would love for the extraction wave to contain bosses. A Colossus for the Geth, Harvester for Reapers and Kai-Leng for Cerberus. And killing them wouldn't be mandatory but you'd get extra credit for doing so!

With a mandatory slomo killcam for everyone, with just enough time to get a witty one liner off.

"It's just been revoked" *kills Kai Leng with the weak Cerberus melee*

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

SciFiDownBeat posted:

So if the multiplayer is following the single player chronologically in some way, and the Reapers are increasingly focusing on London, does this mean we're approaching the point where the Citadel is brought to Earth and Shepard fires the Crucible? I'm waiting for the Multiplayer DLC where we get to fight Reaper bosses...

Sigh :allears:

Announcing Operation : Final Operation

Squad goal: Complete a match using a red, blue or green colored character.
Community Goal: Spend 1,000,000,000 collective hours bitching on the internet.

Squad Goal Success: All squad members receive a crushing sense of disappointment.
Community Goal Success: All players awarded an ending that is less terrible three months after the fact.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Doflamingo posted:

Should be a Cerberus Gunship.

Also, there should have been UT Assault-styled objectives that are relevant to the map (like disable Cerberus turrets, invade base, shoot terminals, explode whatever)...

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

JackMackerel posted:

Also, there should have been UT Assault-styled objectives that are relevant to the map (like disable Cerberus turrets, invade base, shoot terminals, explode whatever)...
It always saddens me that shooters have never seemed to be willing to revisit this idea.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

They should make it so that the X button on PS3 performs more actions. I mean, 7 things only? Come on, let's get that in the double digits.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Operation: The Boardgame

Admiral Hackett has butterflies in his stomach. Remove the pieces and collect your fee, but don't touch the sides!

Squad goal: Spare a rib or two
Allied goal: I'm, the doctor for you

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

VJeff posted:

So I've come to the conclusion that when you guys are talking about the Typhoon, it must be code for some other gun that's really good and doesn't take three years to kill a single Marauder on Gold, despite being at level IV. So could you guys tell me what this other magic, actually decent gun is, please?

Well, it has been nerfed twice over the past couple weeks, but I think the bigger problem is that you're using it on tiny little Marauders. The Typhoon is a boss-killer. You're supposed to empty the full clip into an Atlas or a Prime, or shred Ravagers and Brutes with it. It's a bit weird, but you end up spending about half the ammo and time killing a single Marauder as you would murdering a Banshee with it.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

VJeff posted:

Are you using accuracy boosts and stability boosts/gear? Without bonuses, the Typhoon is very similar to the Revenant, especially with the damage nerf. You need an accuracy bonus to hit a human-sized target at 10 metres, and you need accuracy and stability to consistently headshot at 10 metres.

The Typhoon also has a 1.5 bonus against everything except health, and a 0.75 second warm up time, which generally make it bad against small targets, even if it's great against bosses.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It's any difficulty so you could do it on Platinum if you really wanted to I guess.

I meant the Community Goal (which is apparently just B, S or G), but considering the Community Packs are pretty worthless for the most part it's a bit of a moot point I guess :v:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I was going to make a joke operation about the goal being successfully landing X amount of Batarian heavy melees for both squad and allied goal, but then I remembered that the joke was to make stupid lazy uninspired operations and not the greatest operation of all time.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.
Operation: Piņata

Kai Leng has been defeated by Commander Shepard and his brother Kool Leng is out looking for revenge. Watch out, this guy is trouble! Like, if you thought one katana was dangerous, this guy has two omni-taped together! Holy smokes!

Squad Goal: Deal enough damage that Kool Leng retreats in a puff of smoke and candy.
Allied Goal: Don't write mean things about our villains on the internet. We try dammit! :saddowns:

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Cheap Vodka posted:

Allied Goal: Don't write mean things about our villains on the internet. We try dammit! :saddowns:

If there ever was an operation that was doomed to fail before it even started ...

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

More Weekend Operation buffoonery:

Operation Cobra

Squad Goal: All squadmates must use all their missiles on an enemy with one bar of health left
Allied Goal: Waste a total of 200,000 missiles

Squad Goal Success: All squad members will be awarded with a Commendation Pack containing a Missile Capacity upgrade
Allied Goal Success: All players will be awarded with a Victory Pack containing two Missile Capacity downgrades

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Allied Goal Success: All players will be awarded with a Victory Pack containing two Missile Capacity downgrades

Nice thought, but couldn't you just...not open it? They even go away after a week.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Burning Mustache posted:

If there ever was an operation that was doomed to fail before it even started ...

B-but if you win your victory pack has an authentic Mac Walters hat cosmetic item for all your characters. The gaming media says it looks dapper and cool... :ohdear:

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
Good grief. My first game in weeks and it drops me into morons farming Firebase White/Geth/Silver. :argh:

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Cheap Vodka posted:

B-but if you win your victory pack has an authentic Mac Walters hat cosmetic item* for all your characters.

* Item is permanent and cannot be removed.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Ruin Completely posted:

I finally unlocked the Vorcha sentinal, but feel dumb 'cause I dye a lot despite how it's supposed to be goddamn invincible(I even took all the regen bonuses). I was using a Piranha, but I don't actually love it as much as everyone else. Every extra inch further you are away from a target, it's usefulness is cut way down; it might help if I had it past level 1 I guess.

You do have the smart choke on it right?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Operation: NOBLE

After discovering a great historical film, Admiral Hackett wants to create a groundswelling of support for the war effort by mirroring the events of the film.

Squad goal: Your team must go down in the following ways:
One must be shot through the back of the head.
One must die during the new variant of the hack objective - 'repair bomb timer'
One must be instakilled by a Phantom or Banshee and take advantage of the new half-second window to heavy melee the enemy as they drop to the ground.
One must be left standing in the extraction zone after the shuttle crashes, leaving them no chance of escape. The game will continue until this player is killed.

Snipers need fulfill none of these conditions, and will be automatically extracted in wave 8.

Allied goal: More games of Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer played for the weekend than Halo Reach. Assassination animations will be unlocked for all characters if this is achieved.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Damnit, this feels like another one of those Operation Weekends that they make really difficult on purpose so we can't complete it, but there isn't even an interesting Allied pack, so who cares? Everyone's just gonna do the Squad goal for their N7 promo gun and call it a day. And does that mean that for each group that finishes wave 10, it counts toward the total 4 times for each person in the group, or is it just one?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I'd be happy to help, how should I spec it?

From reading everything else, all I need is a bubble. The 30% DR in there will put me at 60 with the spec I currently have, and if what I'm reading about the Batarians is correct (in that they get a further 75% DR on heavy melee), then that will push me to 135% DR which is apparently what is needed for ludicrous shields.

I am interested to try this, not gonna lie.

So, who's up for a test-run? We need another Batarian to chill in the bubble with me, a Gethgineer with a turret specced for shield regen, and a Justicar. Team Falcon Punch!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Two Finger posted:

Operation: NOBLE

After discovering a great historical film, Admiral Hackett wants to create a groundswelling of support for the war effort by mirroring the events of the film.

Squad goal: Your team must go down in the following ways:
One must be shot through the back of the head.
One must die during the new variant of the hack objective - 'repair bomb timer'
One must be instakilled by a Phantom or Banshee and take advantage of the new half-second window to heavy melee the enemy as they drop to the ground.
One must be left standing in the extraction zone after the shuttle crashes, leaving them no chance of escape. The game will continue until this player is killed.

Snipers need fulfill none of these conditions, and will be automatically extracted in wave 8.

Allied goal: More games of Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer played for the weekend than Halo Reach. Assassination animations will be unlocked for all characters if this is achieved.

:golfclap:

Real talk, I would pay any amount of money to be able to stab a Phantom with a giant kukri knife when it sync-kills me.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Two Finger posted:

Surprise Survival Mode would be a nice event. "Survive Wave 11 for X minutes on Gold or Platinum without Medi-gel or teammate revival"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How hard would it be to implement something like that in the game? Enemies spawn, and don't stop spawning, every so often, you get X credit bonus that increases incrementally until you've got half a dozen banshees amorously pawing at you.

The lack of variety is the thing that bugs me the most about this game. Would it really be so hard to give us some new modes?

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"
Changes are up:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 8, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemy Shields and Barriers
- (Platinum) The delay before enemy shields/barriers start regenerating increased from 4 to 6 seconds

Cerberus Atlas and Geth Prime
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 65% to 75%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 16.5% to 20% per second

Cerberus Phantom
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 75% to 85%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 25% to 30% per second
- (Platinum) The force threshold to cause Phantoms to stagger lowered to Gold levels

Reaper Marauder and Cerberus Engineer, Turret, Nemesis, and Centurion
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 85% to 90%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 33% to 40% per second

Reaper Banshee
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 16.5% to 20% per second

Geth Rocket Trooper, Hunter and Pyro
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 85% to 90%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 33% to 40% per second

Arc Grenade Power (Male Quarian)
- Base damage decreased from 450 to 400 to match the N7 Demolisher

Ballistic Blades Power
- Base damage increased from 800 to 900

N7 Piranha Shotgun
- Damage decreased from [70.9-88.7] to [61.7-77.1]

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

VJeff posted:

How hard would it be to implement something like that in the game? Enemies spawn, and don't stop spawning, every so often, you get X credit bonus that increases incrementally until you've got half a dozen banshees amorously pawing at you.

Wow, this would be fantastic.

I'd love to see this and Huskopalypse.

Eckertmania posted:

Ballistic Blades Power

:getin:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Piranha only 87% as good as it was before.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to think that Huskopalypse will be a done in October for a Halloween-themed event with some Banshee's thrown in for good measure. If not that, then any weekend as a "Zombie Survival" type deal.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Eckertmania posted:

Changes are up:

Ballistic Blades Power

N7 Piranha Shotgun
- Damage decreased from [70.9-88.7] to [61.7-77.1]

Dammit, dammit, dammit! I wanna be the one to post the balance changes, just once.

I saw this coming--Pirahna only got a damage reduction, but it was reduced lower than its original (pre-buff) levels. Should still be very effective thanks to its high ROF--if they ever lowered its ROF then the Piranha would be done for.

Also, Ballistic Blades buff? Really? Was that really necessary? I mean, now there's no reason not to use the BatSol on anything that's not Platinum.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Ballistic Blades still have the lovely hit detection so they are far far worse than the stats claim.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

AngryBooch posted:

Piranha only 87% as good as it was before.

Fight Club Sandwich weeks ago posted:

Maybe a minor unnoticeable nerf like the first krysae nerf, but check out this :tinfoil: theory

1st DLC) Kishock is overpowered
2nd DLC) Krysae is overpowered, Kishock patched the same day
3rd DLC) Piranha is overpowered, Krysae nerfed the following week

The newest DLC weapons will always be OP so that players will buy packs to obtain them. I'd expect a piranha nerf around the time that the next DLC is released.

edit: should also be noted that the Falcon was nerfed right before the 1st DLC came out

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

When was the Kishock overpowered? The headshotting banshees thing? Pfff

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Don't hate!
I love the Kishock.

It just feels RIGHT on a Batarian.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

VJeff posted:

half a dozen banshees amorously pawing at you.

That is the worst mental image :gonk:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Also, Ballistic Blades buff? Really? Was that really necessary? I mean, now there's no reason not to use the BatSol on anything that's not Platinum.
I'm going to need you to back this one up.

I mean, I love BatSol. He's my very favourite class but he's outshined in terms of performance by, well ... lots. If a 100dmg increase somehow inches him into overpowered, then there's also a problem with:

All Asari, all Drell, all Salarians, both Phoenix operatives, Krogan Vanguard, Geth Infiltrator (all infiltrators, in fact), N7 Destroyer, N7 Demolisher, N7 Shadow, N7 Fury and anything else I've forgotten.

He's good but he's not great and 100 damage isn't going to suddenly have every pubbie soloing goldwith him.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

DatonKallandor posted:

Ballistic Blades still have the lovely hit detection so they are far far worse than the stats claim.

It's also cannot be used from behind cover despite the conical AOE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

He's good but he's not great and 100 damage isn't going to suddenly have every pubbie soloing goldwith him.

Let me rephrase: now there's no reason not for me to use the BatSol on anything under Platinum (and when I'm hosting). I'm really warming up to him.

Heads up for anyone who doesn't know: there are two ways to remove the Cobra's visual presence from your back. One is the ladder trick (equip the missile launcher, unequip it, and while unequiping go up a ladder) and the other is the heavy melee trick (equip the missile launcher, unequip it, and while unequiping use heavy melee).

kalel fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 8, 2012

• Locked thread