Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

SamBishop posted:

Also, I just finished the campaign and it told me to have a nice day. This game is classy.

Way to spoil the ending Sam.

The editor seems pretty cool. I don't have any musical sense but it definitely looks like it should be fun for those that do. I just hope that people can make it fun to play and listen to at the same time consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Aphrodite posted:

The text in the box that also contains the game's logo, screenshots and non-representative trailer is untrustworthy, yes.

Haha, OK. :downs:

quote:

You see about monthly and think a month, give or take a couple of days. I see it as give or take a couple of months.

If you really think this (assuming you aren't trolling) then you're either really stupid or you don't have enough of a grasp on the English language to know what words mean. I use the dictionary meanings of the words "about" and "monthly." You obviously use something different.

quote:

Is this your first Telltale outing?

No, but this is the first game of theirs that I've bought that missed their release date by such a huge window and it's also the first one where they've given such poor customer service. When people ask when the next episode comes out, then they need to be told that "about monthly" is not the truth, because it isn't.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Like SamBishop said, the Beck levels, especially the first one, left me with a much better opinion of SoundShapes than the rest of the levels. I think overall I like Everyday Shooter better, but this is obviously a bit more complex and definitely a nice change-of-pace game.

The modes that unlock after you beat the game are both neat too.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Wowzers, Uncharted 3 was fun but it felt like a real step backward from Uncharted 2. First go around in Multiplayer was a lot of fun.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've just ordered inFamous 2 and was wondering whether people recommend the good or evil playthrough? I went good in inFamous but I'd rather play whichever has the more fun powers in 2

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Scott Bakula posted:

I've just ordered inFamous 2 and was wondering whether people recommend the good or evil playthrough? I went good in inFamous but I'd rather play whichever has the more fun powers in 2

Honestly you should go back to Infamous 1 and do an evil playthrough because the game is better as evil.

But if you have to choose just one in Infamous 2, the good powers are way better. Evil has a few cool tricks but the mobility ability alone in the good playthrough makes it better.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Scott Bakula posted:

In inFamous, I didn't really feel that the Good/Evil choices really had a major effect on the game aside from short story snippets. The powers themselves weren't different enough.

I felt they really fixed that and made the differences more pronounced in inFamous 2, especially with the ending segments of the game. It seems like they lean on you to go Good, based on some of the powers and options they give you.

I would recommend a playthrough of each, honestly.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The ending to the evil playthrough in InFamous 2 is the loving best but at least you can just save scum or (I think) it rolls you back to before the final choice after you beat it once.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Scott Bakula posted:

If you are going for a platinum, do your first play through on normal/evil and then the second on hard/good. Like they said, the good powers are a little bit better than the evil ones.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
How good was Portal 2? Did it live up to the hype? (I never played Portal 1 either)

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Yes. It is excellent.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

eightysixed posted:

How good was Portal 2? Did it live up to the hype? (I never played Portal 1 either)

Portal 2 is a bit more linear from a puzzle solving perspective, since they took a much more story-based approach to the game. It's probably one of the best games from this year, so you should probably play it. Run through Portal 1 first, since it's only a few hours long.

The voice acting in 2 is off the charts amazing and wonderful.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

eightysixed posted:

Yes, both of these games still deserve to be played. Play 1 before 2, the overall experience will be much better.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Please play Portal 1 before you play Portal 2. They're both great games.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Then play Quantum Conundrum. About halfway into it on PC and although it's not quite as good as Portal, it's still a fantastic puzzle game.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Wow, okay. Portal 1, before 2 it is :)

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
I've been thinking about picking up Resistance 3, I really enjoyed 2, and even played it online a few times, but I'm wondering is it worth getting it with the MOVE peripheral (I don't have a MOVE at all, just the old PS3 eye) or should I just get the game and play through it regular R2 style? How did it compare with Resistance 2? Was it a major improvement like R2 was to R1? Does it have a lot of replay value?

Hearing so many say Uncharted 3 isn't as good as 2 is disappointing, I absolutely loved Uncharted 2, I daresay it is the ultimate adventure-action game of all time. It's disheartening to hear 3 was perhaps a step backward.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Wait, where can I even find Portal 1? It did come out on PS3, right? :ohdear:

GameStop shows nothing.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You have to buy The Orange Box.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Harlock posted:

Ah, that'd be it. Thanks :cheers:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Dvlos posted:

I've been thinking about picking up Resistance 3, I really enjoyed 2, and even played it online a few times, but I'm wondering is it worth getting it with the MOVE peripheral (I don't have a MOVE at all, just the old PS3 eye) or should I just get the game and play through it regular R2 style? How did it compare with Resistance 2? Was it a major improvement like R2 was to R1? Does it have a lot of replay value?

Hearing so many say Uncharted 3 isn't as good as 2 is disappointing, I absolutely loved Uncharted 2, I daresay it is the ultimate adventure-action game of all time. It's disheartening to hear 3 was perhaps a step backward.

I don't know about the Move for R3, but the game itself was my favourite of the series. It's pretty different to R2 (No regenerating health at all, no limit on guns carried) and plays more like half life 2. As for reply value, there are intel files to find and some cheats for things like giving enemies better weapons and such.

And don't worry about Uncharted 3, just because it's not as good as Uncharted 2. It's still a fantastic, brilliant game. Just not the revolution that U1 -> U2 was.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Harlock posted:

It's not on PSN solo? I know it's on Live that way.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

eightysixed posted:

Ah, that'd be it. Thanks :cheers:

Also, it's a three hour game and you MUST play it in a single session as it's so much better that way.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Question Mark Mound posted:

Then play Quantum Conundrum. About halfway into it on PC and although it's not quite as good as Portal, it's still a fantastic puzzle game.
Does the voice acting / "feel" get better than it seemed in the demo?

It was like they'd somehow managed to suck the life out of John de Lancie. I mean there he was, Q talking in my ear, but every single line felt rigid and banal.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I highly advise playing Portal 1 on PC if you can. The PS3 port of the Orange Box is pretty bad. It's playable, but the load times are abysmal.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Back when Portal was first released, I didn't have a computer capable of playing it. I don't remember it being too bad.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Parkingtigers posted:

Also, it's a three hour game and you MUST play it in a single session as it's so much better that way.

Is it really only 3 hours? If so, I'll knock it out this Sunday or something.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cbouncerrun posted:

I highly advise playing Portal 1 on PC if you can. The PS3 port of the Orange Box is pretty bad. It's playable, but the load times are abysmal.

It's really not that bad at all.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

EC posted:

It's not on PSN solo? I know it's on Live that way.

It sure doesn't look like it. I'll just pick it up Solo on Live then. Thanks for the heads up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
As I said, it's playable but from what I remember you're looking at a 10~ load screen after every death.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

eightysixed posted:

Is it really only 3 hours? If so, I'll knock it out this Sunday or something.

Pretty much. Plus or minus a bit depending on how quickly you pick up the idea of using portals. That's not a bad thing though, it's the perfect length for what it is and it builds to one of the greatest endings in any media. It's joyous. You would weaken it by putting it down midway through and coming back to it.

Oh you are so lucky, I'm about to replay it myself after 4 years but I wish I could play it again for the first time. Wonderful, wonderful game.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Spalec posted:

I don't know about the Move for R3, but the game itself was my favourite of the series. It's pretty different to R2 (No regenerating health at all, no limit on guns carried) and plays more like half life 2. [Snip]

And don't worry about Uncharted 3, just because it's not as good as Uncharted 2. It's still a fantastic, brilliant game. Just not the revolution that U1 -> U2 was.

I'll probably just get the game, IIRC Resistance 1 didnt have regen health either. The demo looked cool, seems like there's a lot more going on in each level than in R2 (which was fantastic I just hated that they killed off Hale)

User Friendly
Jul 19, 2003

Anyone can tell me whether Two World II is worth it for $10?

From the online reviews I can find, people werent too happy with it, but Im thinking it might be fun to spend some time with when I have nothing better to play..

Thoughts?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Shalinor posted:

It was like they'd somehow managed to suck the life out of John de Lancie. I mean there he was, Q talking in my ear, but every single line felt rigid and banal.

There are a couple of really interesting puzzles but overall it feels pretty flat. They really did suck the life out of him. The non sequitur style humor after every few lines goes over like a lead balloon every time. :(

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Dvlos posted:

I'll probably just get the game, IIRC Resistance 1 didnt have regen health either. The demo looked cool, seems like there's a lot more going on in each level than in R2 (which was fantastic I just hated that they killed off Hale)

R1 had regenerating health in segments, like if you had 80% health you'd regen to 100% but if you had 70% health you'd only regen to 75%. R3 has none at all, it's health packs all the way. (apart from a cheat mode you can unlock with R1 style health)

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

User Friendly posted:

Anyone can tell me whether Two World II is worth it for $10?

From the online reviews I can find, people werent too happy with it, but Im thinking it might be fun to spend some time with when I have nothing better to play..

Thoughts?
The second half was a disappointment that soured people, but the first half was apparently quite fun. Absolutely worth it for $10.

... and dude, I didn't realize it was down to $10 on PSN, thought it was $20 for some reason. Might have to snag that.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Shalinor posted:

The narrator voice guy is never too exciting, it always seems like he's trying to pull off a smug indifference but succeeds a little too well in that it just seemed like the voice actor was smug and indifferent to his lines.

The puzzles themselves are still fun, although because it's in a house rather than a sterile test environment like Portal then you kind of get bored of seeing the same dozen books on every bookshelf or the same chair/sofa/safe items for each puzzle.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dvlos posted:

Resistance 3 campaign is awesome, and can be played co-op locally or online. The multiplayer is pretty dead. Like someone said above, it plays like a mix of Half Life and R1. R2 plays like Halo and is the odd man out in the series campaign-wise.

I agree that the Uncharted 3 campaign has some problems, but the MP is far superior to UC2. I still think that the high points of the UC3 campaign are better than what 2 had to offer, it's just a less consistent game.

Dadjacket
Jul 23, 2004

HIPSTER PITCHFORK CARDIGAN SCARF
R3 feels more like a sequel to R1 gameplay-wise (with a focus on tension and isolation and using your cool weapons as "how do I kill this thing" puzzles) but is more refined in every way. It's the shortest of the three games and they all but abandoned the convoluted lore from the second game to tell a smaller-scale story (don't expect any revelations about the chimera), which was a bit disappointing, but it's definitely the best single player experience of the three

Multiplayer R2 still completely trumps it though.

E: also I know it's silly to complain about a six year old game, but having the first level be the hardest level in R1 for at least the first ten hours if not the entire game, while cool from a story perspective, was such garbage. It highlighted how important the regen health segments were and made me appreciate the level design of the rest of the game, but I died so many times on the rush downhill into those houses that I almost gave up on the game entirely.

Dadjacket fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Dadjacket posted:

Multiplayer R2 still completely trumps it though.

I loved the co-op in 2 and which it was kept and expanded for 3. :(

• Locked thread