Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

To be objective, Roddy: Hell Comes to Frogtown. They Live, despite being awesome, does not cancel that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VogeGandire posted:

To be objective, Roddy: Hell Comes to Frogtown. They Live, despite being awesome, does not cancel that out.

Hell Comes to Frogtown is awesome.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

VogeGandire posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Hell Comes to Frogtown is a cinematic masterpiece.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
They Live is the third greatest Carpenter film of all time. Which is high praise.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
To be fair, he was complimenting They Live while being totally wrong about Frogtown.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lone Rogue posted:

They Live is the third greatest Carpenter film of all time. Which is high praise.

What are above it? Halloween, Thing, Escape from New York are all classics and all tied for his best film.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

What are above it? Halloween, Thing, Escape from New York are all classics and all tied for his best film.

I put Big Trouble in Little China at the top :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lone Rogue posted:

I put Big Trouble in Little China at the top :colbert:

Oh poo poo I forgot all about that one, also Assault on Precinct 13 . He was so good in the 70s and 80s

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Halloween was definitely his best, then The Thing. After that it's pretty debatable.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Deadpool posted:

Halloween was definitely his best, then The Thing. After that it's pretty debatable.

I just watched The Thing again recently. I'm not a big fan of the horror genre so for me it tops it by a large margin. Not only that but MacReady is the smartest protagonist in horror history.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Deadpool posted:

You scrubs have never watched "Prince of Darkness?"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Lone Rogue posted:

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot all about that one, also Assault on Precinct 13 . He was so good in the 70s and 80s

Deadpool posted:

Edwardian posted:

You scrubs have never watched "Prince of Darkness?"

Now see, this is why this is the best forum on the Internet. Goons praising John Carpenter in a wrestling discussion thread (and that's not meant as a critical comment on the current discussion). It doesn't get any better than that. :c00lbert:

(also, don't let's forget his classic from the 1990s, "In the Mouth of Madness" :v:)

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Sydney Bottocks posted:

(also, don't let's forget his classic from the 1990s, "In the Mouth of Madness" :v:)

I don't know that I'd ever call Madness a good movie, but it's one of my favorite horror films.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
Cigarette Burns was easily the best of the Masters of Horror episodes I saw. Nice little return to form for Carpenter.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
How are you all forgetting John Carpenter's Vampires?

The only good vampire movie.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The Thing was BY MILES his best.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

VogeGandire posted:

The Thing was BY MILES his best.

Wanna see a "The Thing" remake with CM Punk as MacReady.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Edwardian posted:

Wanna see a "The Thing" remake with Daniel Bryan as MacReady.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Carpenter didn't write it, but I thought The Ward was better than it had any right to be.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

CM Punk's reaction to noted rear end in a top hat and drunk driver Jon "Bones" Jones being awarded a lucrative Nike endorsement deal:

quote:

@CMPunk
Let's reward more drunk drivers with endorsement deals! #responsibility

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

People are also calling him "racist" because he's attacked Jon Jones and Chris Brown, who are both black.

It's not like they're both assholes, it MUST be because they're black!

That, or people say it's sour grapes because they're more successful than him. More successful...than the world champion of the biggest wrestling promotion on earth...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VogeGandire posted:

People are also calling him "racist" because he's attacked Jon Jones and Chris Brown, who are both black.

It's not like they're both assholes, it MUST be because they're black!

That, or people say it's sour grapes because they're more successful than him. More successful...than the world champion of the biggest wrestling promotion on earth...

To be fair (as sick as it makes me) Chris Brown probably IS more successful, not Jones though. And either way the notion that Punk loses sleep at night because he's thinking "Oh, if only I was as successful as Chris Brown..." is laughable.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

To be fair (as sick as it makes me) Chris Brown probably IS more successful, not Jones though. And either way the notion that Punk loses sleep at night because he's thinking "Oh, if only I was as successful as Chris Brown..." is laughable.

If you're falling asleep next to Lita at least once a week you don't really have a right to complain about your own life.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

njsykora posted:

If you're falling asleep next to Lita at least once a week you don't really have a right to complain about your own life.

Or if you've previously fallen asleep next to Beth Phoenix, Maria Kanellis, Daffney, or Traci Brooks... :v:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Or if you've previously fallen asleep next to Beth Phoenix, Maria Kanellis, Daffney, or Traci Brooks... :v:

Let's be honest, with Punk's apparent mission to pork his way through every female involved in the wrestling industry, I can probably say his trademark eye bags are well-justified.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VogeGandire posted:

Let's be honest, with Punk's apparent mission to pork his way through every female involved in the wrestling industry, I can probably say his trademark eye bags are well-justified.

Where are Edges? :colbert:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

He's still a vampire, duh.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The last two people I've criticized were the Aurora killer and Nancy Grace.

I HATE WHITE PEOPLE I GUESS.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lone Rogue posted:

The last two people I've criticized were the Aurora killer and Nancy Grace.

I HATE WHITE PEOPLE I GUESS.

Well white people do stink.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

pretty disappointed that this thread gave zero coverage to AW's meltdown earlier :colbert:

for those who missed it:

quote:

"AWPromotions is no more ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for your support and hate, it's been a great run. Now I get to do me which isn't PG!
"@TitusONeilWWE & @DarrenYoungWWE thank you for allowing me to speak on your behalf. You guys are the best and I'm glad to call u my friends!

"I've offended the wrong people that taught me how to have ATTITUDE It was the #WWE that made me bold and now it has turned it's back on me

"Let this be a lesson to up and coming talent in the WWE don't try and be great like the Rock or Stone Cold. WWE isn't the same...

"Just be normal shut up and be a yes man so you can collect your check and feel like your special. #SELLOUTS!!

"I remember a time when the WWE didn't care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow. #RemeberTheFans

"Thanks to the fans who showed me support over the whole Kobe thing and to those I upset I apologize again. Remember It's entertainment folks."

"I really do hope Linda wins that election because If not then all of this BS has been for nothing. #GoLinda!!"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

nasboat posted:

pretty disappointed that this thread gave zero coverage to AW's meltdown earlier :colbert:

for those who missed it:

He's still going.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Yeaaaaah burn that loving bridge teach it a lesson.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I always like it when a guy gets fired and says they can go back to not being PG, like they walk around in everyday life swearing and making rape jokes. It is pretty funny that he's the second person in less than a week to really let rip on current WWE though.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
The worst part about it is that if he'd have kept his mouth shut, he'd probably have been hired back by December. But he just HAD to Tweet about how upset he was, and so while I wouldn't say he'll never get rehired, it won't be for a long time now.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Wait, Abraham Washington got fired?

Well, good riddance to bad rubbish.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TheHock posted:

The worst part about it is that if he'd have kept his mouth shut, he'd probably have been hired back by December. But he just HAD to Tweet about how upset he was, and so while I wouldn't say he'll never get rehired, it won't be for a long time now.
I completely disagree.
AW is not the best wrestler in the world or a very good agent/trainer they've kept around for over 10 years.

He wasn't coming back.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Well then, he's made a new Twitter account for some reason, rather than just changing his name. Follow him here, if you so choose. http://twitter.com/BJRatedR

Here's his first tweet.

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
It's WWE, your ability to keep your mouth shut when it comes to your grievences with the company is worth at least as much as your wrestling accumen or your ability to teach Kelly Kelly to run the ropes (just kidding, I loving love Finlay).