Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

DoctorWhat posted:

That doesn't make ANY sense.

Slander is spoken. In print, it's libel.

I know, but it's the best I could do. :v:

None of the awful puns will ever reach the amazing level of SpelndorMan, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MXYC_jX2Wc

Edit: Also, has the possibility been discredited yet that Skimasky could be one of the lesser-known people from that episode/shoot at the gazebo? I seem to recall there were like 4 people there, and maybe one or two of them are accounted for. I could be mus-remembering, though, on that one. Either way though, maybe he's someone we've not yet 'met' yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

That drat Satyr posted:

I know, but it's the best I could do. :v:

None of the awful puns will ever reach the amazing level of SpelndorMan, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MXYC_jX2Wc

Edit: Also, has the possibility been discredited yet that Skimasky could be one of the lesser-known people from that episode/shoot at the gazebo? I seem to recall there were like 4 people there, and maybe one or two of them are accounted for. I could be mus-remembering, though, on that one. Either way though, maybe he's someone we've not yet 'met' yet.

I'm still thinking that it's Brian.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That drat Satyr posted:

We pretty much have no idea who it is v:v:v although we can do some elimination. It's not Tim or Alex for sure (both have been on screen with skimasky at the same time) and I feel pretty good that it's not Jay. Edit: wait I am a moron. Jay chased skimasky at the hospital, so it's definitely not him.

We've seen Brian and Seth get "taken" by Slenderman but honestly we don't know what that means. Maybe it means you go loving nuts and turn into a masky, maybe it means you're dead. We have no idea what happened to Sarah, though I want to say that they've stated OOG that she moved away and will not be reappearing? That leaves Jessica, Amy and a totally new character as other possibilities.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
TTA is obviously severely dyslexic, and "ark" is just "Alex" :tinfoil:

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

curiousTerminal posted:

Ark is Kar. To the kar!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Someone with free time and archives should go back through the older threads and pull out all the crazy theories that people stuck with and then abandoned.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Len posted:

Someone with free time and archives should go back through the older threads and pull out all the crazy theories that people stuck with and then abandoned.

That was like 50+% of the old threads.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

RagnarokAngel posted:

That was like 50+% of the old threads.

True but some of the crazier ones probably got missed by newer followers. Like there was the insistence that water could protect you based on the water bottle found in the closet someone was sleeping in.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
Maybe TTA is a separate being but can possess anyone? So anyone could have been TTA at anytime but not remember it

FuzzyWuzzy
Jul 16, 2009
:dukedog:

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Maybe TTA is a separate being but can possess anyone? So anyone could have been TTA at anytime but not remember it

I really like this theory. I got a very TTA vibe from this entry too so that might make sense.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
I am pretty sure TTA is just the voice of The Operator speaking through them to communicate with them. The last video very much gave me the feeling I was watching someone be possessed, what with the creepy as "babby's first human body" poo poo going on towards the end.

I think it is my favorite entry so far.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I used to have a crazy theory about TTA but I can't remember what it was. I think it had something to do with the fact that TTA was actually the mask itself and it would act through whoever was wearing it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Drunk Tomato posted:

I'm still thinking that it's Brian.

Where's Brian? :iiam: Turns out he was there the whole time, hiding in closets.

Remember this:
We will wait for you no more. Control is being taken away from you. From the start its been a game for us. Not anymore. I'm coming for you. And you will lead me to the ark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7QXQZjp5XM

That mix of plural and singular indicates that Tim is part of a group, but that perhaps only Tim is coming to be led to the ark. That was way back between entries 24 and 25.

Did they find the ark? Tim was okay for a while before Jay showed up again, so it seems that he had stopped looking for the ark. But the other masked fellow is still wearing his mask and lurking around. He ran from Tim and Jay, and left that folder marked "Liar" for Jay to find, which sounds like they aren't pals anymore. :(

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Here I was thinking that you guys would be going on and on over Entry[gobbeldygook], the negative space during the distortions, the obvious tearing, and the wrinkle in the carpet that are slendtricles or maybe a problem that Tim's landlord can't afford to fix.

Nope.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

You have no fucking idea how hungry I am
Yeah I mean, I'm not sure if we're supposed to be seeing a pattern in the writhing mass that shows up during "Look What You Have Caused", and I'm pretty sure there's a flash of Tim's face in one of the mini-distortion-spasms. Apart from those specific events, the whole thing had very Operator-esque effects running through it. I think someone suggested that untreated Slender-sickness turns you into the Operator based on that stuff. A less extreme theory might be just that extreme untreated sickness produces the same video glitches, simply because the Operator is present by virtue of his effects.

Or we're all dumb and he was nearby the whole time.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

curiousTerminal posted:

It's been mentioned in a few entries that Alex's last name is "Kralie". "ARK" could be his initials.

I'm not sure it would fit, though. The Maskies have pretty well been able to find and mess with Alex for a long time now, so I don't see why they would need Jay or anyone else's help. The other theory, that TTA is the Operator somehow, would fit even less, since he probably found Alex at that birthday episode at the latest (though Alex may have tried to escape him at least once, see entry 26).

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

sleeptalker posted:

It's been mentioned in a few entries that Alex's last name is "Kralie". "ARK" could be his initials.

Haven't they officially confirmed that Alex is not the Ark?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Requesting a Slendermom comic where she tells Tim to clean up his loving room.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

sleeptalker posted:

I'm not sure it would fit, though. The Maskies have pretty well been able to find and mess with Alex for a long time now, so I don't see why they would need Jay or anyone else's help. The other theory, that TTA is the Operator somehow, would fit even less, since he probably found Alex at that birthday episode at the latest (though Alex may have tried to escape him at least once, see entry 26).

Yes, but.... Jay talking to Alex and asking for the tapes are what started this whole mess in the first place. So maybe he already led them to the ark once, and they just want to go back :tinfoil:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I really liked this series when it first came out but it's really been dragging its heels for basically the last 40 installments. There have been a few isolated highpoints in between but so many entries are just needless exposition with some pretty embarrassing dialogue. I wish they would have cut all the non-scary/disturbing content and only put out entries that could entertain, instead of circling the drain around some vague cultist/mind control plot that falls apart under any serious scrutiny. Season 3 has been pretty disappointing so far; I appreciate that the creators are trying to wrap things up in a neat little bow but I think they tripped over themselves with Tim's character and his relation to the main plot. I do keep watching the entries though so I guess they got something right.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

exquisite tea posted:

I really liked this series when it first came out but it's really been dragging its heels for basically the last 40 installments. There have been a few isolated highpoints in between but so many entries are just needless exposition with some pretty embarrassing dialogue. I wish they would have cut all the non-scary/disturbing content and only put out entries that could entertain, instead of circling the drain around some vague cultist/mind control plot that falls apart under any serious scrutiny. Season 3 has been pretty disappointing so far; I appreciate that the creators are trying to wrap things up in a neat little bow but I think they tripped over themselves with Tim's character and his relation to the main plot. I do keep watching the entries though so I guess they got something right.

You know, I felt the exact same way about Season 2 way back when. When you watch the entries back to back on the DVD, though.... it's terrifying. And amazing. It doesn't plod at all. I think just the fact that there is so long between entries kills the tension a bit.

Can't wait for the Season 3 DVD, then gonna have a 4 hour Marble Hornets scarefest!

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Mitthrawnuruodo posted:

Yeah I mean, I'm not sure if we're supposed to be seeing a pattern in the writhing mass that shows up during "Look What You Have Caused", and I'm pretty sure there's a flash of Tim's face in one of the mini-distortion-spasms. Apart from those specific events, the whole thing had very Operator-esque effects running through it. I think someone suggested that untreated Slender-sickness turns you into the Operator based on that stuff. A less extreme theory might be just that extreme untreated sickness produces the same video glitches, simply because the Operator is present by virtue of his effects.

Or we're all dumb and he was nearby the whole time.

Well, Skimasky took Tim's meds, so I reckon we'll get to observe first-hand what happens when your SlendySicknes goes untreated now.

Touching back on the theory someone mentioned from before, about how water could protect you based on the bottle that was found in the closet - it wasn't just that. The fact that it's 'To The Ark' - an Ark of course traditionally meaning a gigantic ship that would save you from a flood. That kind of I think tied the whole water theory together, and then now with the thunderstorms thing... I dunno. The theory could still hold water (no pun intended!) but probably not.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Water as a weakness doesn't work in horror. It was dumb in Signs and it'd be dumb here so I give them more credit than that. The human body is 2/3rds water. You'd be virtually slenderman proof just by virtue of existing.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

SporkTSI posted:

Requesting a Slendermom comic where she tells Tim to clean up his loving room.

Dammit Slendermom, stop tidying, he'll clean his own room

Stottie Kyek fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 11, 2012

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
My favorite second (:spergin:) in this video is 3:43. Not only does it show a distorted picture of Tim's face, it also shows a single frame of the electrical socket near the door Tim steps through. Here are both of them.

These two frames can be found in between the frames of Tim sobbing with his head in his hands. Obviously they must have been spliced in there. I can see why TTA would splice in the frame of Tim's face, as it's creepy and fits well into the whole 'look at the mess you made' message. But why intentionally include some random shot of some wall? What I think it means is that Tim wasn't leaning against that wall the entire time. At some point he got up, and either he or skimasky moved the camera around for a bit. TTA spliced out this footage later, but missed that single frame of the wall socket.

Or more likely, Troy and co put it in there to make fun of their fans who watch entries frame-by-frame.

A Child's Letter
Feb 21, 2005

"¡No llores! Gracias por esas fotos."
\
:backtowork:
The thing that stood out the most to me was near the beginning, Tim's jacket was on the door knob. After his seizure and sobbing, as Skimasky is leaving, the jacket is gone.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
I know he's worn the jacket without the mask, but have we ever seen him in the mask without the jacket? It was like "Time to go be masky, better bring the jacket."

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Quinctia posted:

I know he's worn the jacket without the mask, but have we ever seen him in the mask without the jacket? It was like "Time to go be masky, better bring the jacket."

He was just cold :(

Timo
Jul 12, 2001

Suit up!

RagnarokAngel posted:

Water as a weakness doesn't work in horror. It was dumb in Signs and it'd be dumb here so I give them more credit than that. The human body is 2/3rds water. You'd be virtually slenderman proof just by virtue of existing.

If you watch Signs, picture the aliens as demons instead. Water makes perfect sense in that movie world. Ancient cure found in the middle east, a holy man's water kills them, ...

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

You have no fucking idea how hungry I am

A Child's Letter posted:

The thing that stood out the most to me was near the beginning, Tim's jacket was on the door knob. After his seizure and sobbing, as Skimasky is leaving, the jacket is gone.

Yeah, someone suggested that he becomes Masky without the pills, and I'd say that whenever we hear from Jay next, we'll be seeing Masky back in the game. Didn't notice the jacket thing but that sort of confirms it in my mind - wherever Tim is going, and whichever state of mind he is at the end of the last entry, when he gets there, he won't be Tim no more. Fuckin, hurry up guys.

Edit: Yes we have seen Masky without the jacket - the first time we see him in Entry 18 he's wearing black - though I think he might be wearing it in every subsequent appearance as Masky, in addition to wearing it during the interview with Tim in season 1.

Mitthrawnuruodo fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Aug 12, 2012

Weitz
Jun 16, 2008
I made a fan art! There's only so many things you can do while waiting for phylogenetic analysis programs to run...

I posted it to Troy's facebook where there is a lot of other fanart with a link to the bigger original on my tumblr. It's the first thing I've ever posted that's been reposted. Within...minutes. I don't know how I feel about that. I've only ever known the something awful fans and well, yeah.

Ah well. Publicity!

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
That is absolutely beautiful. Glad it's getting shared, it deserves the attention.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Weitz posted:

I made a fan art! There's only so many things you can do while waiting for phylogenetic analysis programs to run...

I posted it to Troy's facebook where there is a lot of other fanart with a link to the bigger original on my tumblr. It's the first thing I've ever posted that's been reposted. Within...minutes. I don't know how I feel about that. I've only ever known the something awful fans and well, yeah.

Ah well. Publicity!

This is fantastic, holy poo poo.

Tazzypillar
Sep 16, 2011

The best guy.
Thought I'd ask in here--I'm in synirc, I'm kind of a regular there, but I just caught up with marble hornets. Is the irc channel still active? I /joined in there a couple of times but its empty except for me. Just out of curiosity.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Last night I randomly ran into THE ACTUAL SLENDERMAN at a bar (kinda).

He played one of THE GENTLEMEN on Buffy and is totally aware that Marble Hornets/Slenderman is a thing.

Anyway that's my cool story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camden_Toy

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

So we haven't heard anything from Jay in-game since the 8th, when he said he wasn't going to post any more tweets that night when he was 'going after Tim' because he thought he knew where he was/was going.

I hope it takes longer than a week for SlenderSick to set in. :(

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Troy posted a blog: http://jtroyw.blogspot.com/2012/08/hold-up.html?m=1

Out of game, of course.

Unrelated: Anyone seen any good horror films lately? Got some free time this weekend and feel like vegging out.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

fullroundaction posted:

Troy posted a blog: http://jtroyw.blogspot.com/2012/08/hold-up.html?m=1

Out of game, of course.

Unrelated: Anyone seen any good horror films lately? Got some free time this weekend and feel like vegging out.

I don't buy their excuses for the next episode being delayed. :colbert: I think they actually spent the week at the gathering of the juggallos.

datingvolcanoes
Jan 22, 2006

getting real tired of your shit, steve

fullroundaction posted:

I've heard a bunch of good stuff about VHS, a found footage horror anthology, but I've yet to put it to the test. There's a CD thread for it.

I'm curious to check out that and Lake Mungo. I've yet to satiate my gullet on the genre. I just want a dozen GOOD ones, gosh darn it. That's about all I can offer, sadly. I have limited screening time and I'm a bit of an unearned snob about my scary movie-film things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I read a review of VHS and it sounds like a typical horror movie, as in not designed to be scary, just make you sick.

• Locked thread