Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

AccountingNightmare posted:

Have they shown any boss besides the hideous worm thing yet?

I guess it's possible that all the other ones will be great, it's not like each game didn't have at least one terrible boss. Can stay optimistic anyway right? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
I did like that the camera almost swings through the level geometry about a minute in. And that he gets an almost bullet time thing, when he dodges an enemy attack, because that's what Bayonetta does, except in Bayo it has a point and actually allows the player to slow down time. It's not just "hey, have slow down for dodging that attack :downs:" it's a pointless indicator that doesn't really add anything...that we know of...yet.

Regarding bosses, I hope they go along the older DMC route of introducing the regular enemies as if they were like mini-bosses of sorts. You know, with a grandiose cutscene, allowing the player to get a good look at them before they attack.

If I had to guess other bosses, well, probably that Lilith woman, Mundus, and a handful of unknown others. Being optimistic.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 10, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Oh, those characters leaked from that Playstation Super Smash Melee Battle Brawl Royale with Cheese thing?

Pretty much confirmed as a genuine leak.

quote:

Today, SuperBot Entertainment President Chan Park posted on the PlayStation Blog to speak about the beta for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which is set to go wide before the game’s release.

But there’s an interesting tidbit buried in his post about the massive leak of information purportedly garnered from the beta. Essentially, Park confirms that the leak contains real information.

He notes that “there was an unexpected and unintended leak in our beta that allowed fans to be able to see some additional content. We’ve enjoyed reading all of the fan reaction and are thrilled that so many of you are excited to learn more our character roster and level mash-ups [sic], however we are still in development and the leaked content does not fully represent the final product nor the incredible efforts that were made to make these elements truly spectacular.”

Park concludes that “This will be evident in the coming weeks as the content is officially revealed, beginning with our next character announcement at Gamescom in the coming weeks.” So while Park has confirmed that the leak data is real and that it was indeed extracted from the PlayStation All-Stars beta, it may not reflect PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale’s final form come October.

As for Dante's other upcoming crossover:

Crossovers are strange beasts indeed.

Urgh. That is such a clusterfuck of things. It's made me realise I really don't like the art style either. Reminds me too much of Chaos Wars. And they're apparently calling it "Project Cross Zone", rather than "Project Echks Zone".

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Aug 10, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Capcom and DmC developer use 'hybrid system' to merge Western and Japanese styles posted:

Publisher Capcom and England-based company Ninja Theory have learned from each other during the development of DmC: Devil May Cry.

"Largely what Ninja Theory has been known for is what we’ve been impressed [with]," said Capcom producer Motohide Eshiro, speaking to Siliconera. "The quality of visuals, the cinematic camera work, facial animations, and their tech is really good. We learned some things there."

Director Hideaki Itsuno noted the differences between the two companies' approach.

He said, "Given our experience, it seems like with the West and Ninja Theory they focus on the visuals stuff at the beginning and then build the gameplay on top of that. Whereas at Capcom Japan, we focus on the game logic and getting the systems down in the beginning, and then we gradually build the visuals on top of that. The key to the feedback and the kind of advice we’ve been giving is we’ve been trying to find a hybrid system where we take a best of both worlds approach.

"It hasn’t been easy, but I think we’re happy with the results we have."

Source: http://www.gamezone.com/products/dmc-devil-may-cry--2/news/capcom-and-dmc-developer-use-hybrid-system-to-merge-western-and-japanese-styles

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
drat it Pesky, whenever I see this thread updated I always hope it's some news that'll give me hope, and the opposite always happens. :sigh:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Believe me, I wish I could post things and go "wow that looks really cool!", or "This makes me want to buy the game!". Or even something like "Platinum Games annouces Bayonetta 2 - Now with more assbutts and action!"

Not, any of the things we've seen, like the recent trailer, or the rehashed Heavenly Sword controls or the really smug, self-masturbatory attitude of the developers, convinced that they are making a wonderful thing that will be hailed as the next greatest innovation in video games.

There's five months still to go before the game will be released, but with every new thing they show, it just keeps looking to be loving boring and bland as poo poo. Less DMC, and more a DMC-lite clone. Less a chance for Ninja Theory and Capcom to show off that they've made a good solid game, than a chance for them to say "look at this artistic statment we've made. Aren't we both great." :smug:

I don't like posting things that make me cringe at how loving terrible the writing is (despite that being one of their primary focuses), or how so desperately hard they're trying to convince people that this is a DMC gamem, and not something that really should have been a new IP. I'd much rather be saying how much I'm looking forward to it, and how fluid the combat seems, and how the mechanics are fresh and innovative. But they're not giving me a chance, dammnit :mad:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 11, 2012

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel like it's kind of a waste that they paired Dante with Demitri instead of Frank West, but Frank West Hsien-Ko is almost good enough to make up for that.

Anyways, Capcom you already hired a company to handle a new IP with great visuals and whatnot, their names were CC2. They know ho well Asura's Wrath sold and why it didn't sell that well, beyond it being a niche game, nobody wanted to play a game that was all style and no substance. DmC is you guys retreading already trodden ground, although whereas Asura's Wrath at least had a unique story, interesting characters, and fantastic visuals, DmC manages to do gently caress all in any of those departments except good visuals. Really, this all could've been avoided if Capcom didn't think "Let's hand one of our most popular properties to some guys whose visuals we really like, a property that's all very gameplay" and instead just supported a new IP for them.

Knowing Capcom though, it was to for sure make the money back by just using DMC's name. And yes, I know this game was announced before Asura's Wrath, but it would help if Capcom actually looked at that and saw that this is a pretty similar case.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

drat it Pesky, whenever I see this thread updated I always hope it's some news that'll give me hope, and the opposite always happens. :sigh:

"Due to a manufacturing defect, all copies of DmC were mistakenly pressed with the contents of Bayonetta X Devil May Cry."

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

That loving Sned posted:

"Due to a manufacturing defect, all copies of DmC were mistakenly pressed with the contents of Bayonetta X Devil May Cry."

I poo poo you not, if Bayonetta x Devil May Cry started off with the tutorial/duel mission from DMC4, except with Dante fighting the "Woman in Crazy Demon Hair Catsuit", it would have all my GOTYs, all the years.

And the dude that gets assassinated would be DmC Dante, rambling how he's the "real loving Dante"

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

I poo poo you not, if Bayonetta x Devil May Cry started off with the tutorial/duel mission from DMC4, except with Dante fighting the "Woman in Crazy Demon Hair Catsuit", it would have all my GOTYs, all the years.

And the dude that gets assassinated would be DmC Dante, rambling how he's the "real loving Dante"

drat, I had exactly the same idea, except it's occurring during an all-out war between heaven and hell. This is of little interest to the pair in the centre of the battlefield, whose fight involves a pizza being sliced an eaten in mid-air, bullets being deflected by a blown kiss, and a sword being sliced in half, only to reveal a bigger sword inside.

Then some kid walks towards them, and says "My name is Dant..." just before he is shot by both of them simultaneously.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There really should've been a Pizza demon so Dante could fight with a pizza as a devil arm.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Who says there won't be?

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Seeing secret messages encoded in products/television, the clothes, the generally antisocial personality- Dante's coming off like someone with serious mental problems. Starting to think they way overshot their marketing, passed the OWS crowd, and went straight for the chemtrail believers.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
So on the likely occurrence that this game end up as crap how exactly do we bring people's attention to the rear end licking 'journalists' that were constantly fellating NT and as such are total loving idiots? I think we all know these pretentious douche bags need to be taken down a few dozen notches and I really want to see them squirm.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bushmaori posted:

So on the likely occurrence that this game end up as crap how exactly do we bring people's attention to the rear end licking 'journalists' that were constantly fellating NT and as such are total loving idiots? I think we all know these pretentious douche bags need to be taken down a few dozen notches and I really want to see them squirm.

poo poo like this is dime a dozen, especially when the dev has money to push that stuff, nothing will really come off it and business will continue as usual.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Bushmaori posted:

From the perspective of the developers/publishers, the rear end licking is a feature, not a bug. And they pay for the bandwidth for the journalism, so nothing will change.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Boxman posted:

From the perspective of the developers/publishers, the rear end licking is a feature, not a bug. And they pay for the bandwidth for the journalism, so nothing will change.

Well yeah I know that this is the way it usually goes but I swear with this and the whole Mass Effect 3 gamer privileged rants they must be getting close to approaching critical fellatiatory mass in the eyes of the common internet reader. Or am I placing too much faith in my fellow humans?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Bushmaori posted:

Well yeah I know that this is the way it usually goes but I swear with this and the whole Mass Effect 3 gamer privileged rants they must be getting close to approaching critical fellatiatory mass in the eyes of the common internet reader. Or am I placing too much faith in my fellow humans?

People don't really give a poo poo about reviews anymore. With more and more people playing games it's just more likely that a person will just ask someone if a game is good or impulse buy it on sale then go look up some IGN review or anything.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

randombattle posted:

People don't really give a poo poo about reviews anymore. With more and more people playing games it's just more likely that a person will just ask someone if a game is good or impulse buy it on sale then go look up some IGN review or anything.

cool i enjoy daydreaming too

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Bushmaori posted:

You can never place too much faith in other people.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

notZaar posted:

You can never place too much faith in other people.

True. Even if that faith means "I have faith that you'll inevitably gently caress this up".

This game may not be the DMC sequel fans want but I'm willing to believe, at the very least, it'll be an OK action game. Ridiculous and puerile politicking story aside, that is.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Yeah there's nothing really about it I'd call bad, it's hardly the worst thing ever made ever it just looks generic. The story and writing can go gently caress itself but eh that's not exactly rare in action games. If it were called Heavenly Sword 2 I'd be considering picking it up, as it is though it's firmly on my "I'll get around to renting this when I can't think of anything else I want from LoveFilm" list.

Jun 29, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

Oh, those characters leaked from that Playstation Super Smash Melee Battle Brawl Royale with Cheese thing?

Pretty much confirmed as a genuine leak.

As for Dante's other upcoming crossover:

Crossovers are strange beasts indeed.

Urgh. That is such a clusterfuck of things. It's made me realise I really don't like the art style either. Reminds me too much of Chaos Wars. And they're apparently calling it "Project Cross Zone", rather than "Project Echks Zone".

Woah, I wouldn't be sad if this didn't get a release over here. The fan service got turned to 11, seriously, nearly every female cut-scene was a shot of their panties and then a view of boobs defying physics. I was hoping to at least see Dante teamed up with someone a little more interesting, like Bayonetta, that would've helped redeem it a little.

AvatarSteve fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Aug 12, 2012

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Chris, Jill, Dante, Dmitri, Yuri and whats her name from Vesperia, Ryu, Ken, Kite, Black Rose, X, Zero, Akira, Pai-Chan, KOS-MOS, T-ELOS, Frank West, Hsien-Ko, Jin, Xyaou, 2 dudes from resonance of fate, Haken, Kaguya, Chun Li, Morrigan, Ulala, Sanger, Devilot(which special guest star Jin), japanese John Mcclane(yes from Die Hard), arthur from GnG, the japanese dude from zombie revenge.

gently caress kind of game is that and how do I get it, someone I doubt its coming to the US.

quote:

Woah, I wouldn't be sad if this didn't get a release over here. The fan service got turned to 11, seriously, nearly every female cut-scene was a shot of their panties and then a view of boobs defying physics. I was hoping to at least see Dante teamed up with someone a little more interesting, like Bayonetta, that would've helped redeem it a little.

Only one I noticed with any sort of fan service was Morrigan and she's pretty much designed for that.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 12, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
I'm so sorry I do this to you thread :sigh:

Who am I kidding? I love it :unsmigghh:

Questions are in italics.

DmC Producer Discusses Reboot And How They Made Gameplay Feel Like Classic DMC posted:

While DmC has a completely different look and a reimagined Dante, it feels like, well Devil May Cry. That was my first impression after slicing through enemies in the game’s tutorial level and defeating the Succubus boss in DmC. Since the core gameplay is essentially the same my first question for Motohide Eshiro, producer of DmC and the Ace Attorney Investigation games, and Hideaki Itsuno, director of DmC and Devil May Cry 2, was why they wanted to reinvent Dante.

Why do you feel now is a good time to reinvent the Devil May Cry series with DmC, which Ninja Theory is developing?

Motohide Eshiro (ME), Producer: As far as the timing is concerned, a big part of the motivation is not waiting for the series to fizzle out, but to do it while the series is still doing really well. We’ve done Devil May Cry 1-4 and they keep getting better with each iteration, but rather than waiting for things to go badly and then trying to give it a rebirth we thought it would be an interesting challenge to try to do something new with it while it’s still quite viable.

While we were doing this rebirth we decided on a new artistic direction to potentially draw in more Western fans. That was the motivation to work with Ninja Theory. We had the right developer, a good concept, and Itsuno-san to supervise and direct the title with Ninja Theory to make sure we have a proper DMC game while still trying to break new ground. As a company, we want to challenge ourselves rather than wait until the series is not viable. Let’s do it now and see what happens while it’s still quite big.

DMC’s gameplay is so much like the other Devil May Cry titles and at the least from the demo it feels like it’s just as responsive any other Capcom action game. Do you think fans, perhaps, have judged the book by its cover?

ME: You raise a good point, when people actually get to play it or see more of it they will understand its a proper DMC in every sense of the word. It’s difficult to get that across with screenshots and without getting more people to play it. Something we struggled with from the start is when you do something new with an established series is you do have a certain amount of winning people that needs to be done.

How do we win these people over? Part of that is increasing opportunities for them to play the game and part of that is releasing more assets that aren’t screenshots. Something they can see in motion. These are elements we need to engage in to get users interested. We’re not just looking for new fans, we’re looking to make the game for the standard DMC fan as well.

Hideaki Itsuno (HI), Director: I think when people get the controller in their hands and feel the responsiveness in the controls they will start to understand it’s a proper Devil May Cry game. In our discussions with Ninja Theory we haven’t given them a directive on how to do things, but we identified these pillars that are really important to the Devil May Cry series when it comes to the controls, responsiveness and gameplay. I can’t give too many specifics and reveal our secret sauce, so to speak, but we gave Ninja Theory these pillars so they can work these elements in the game and we’re pretty happy with their results.

It kind of feels like the angelic weapons, like the scythe, is a long range and fast weapon while the demonic weapon, the axe, is slow and heavy. Can you tell us about the angel/demon weapons and will it always be like that when Dante inevitably picks up other weapons?

ME: You picked up on something that is quite deliberate. Generally speaking, the angel weapons will be about speed, crowd control, and a wider range. The demon weapons will focus on big damage against a single foe, shorter range, and they’re slower, but more damage dealing. These themes will run throughout each side of the weapon selection.

I see. I like how you can switch weapons at anytime and continue the combo. So, you can switch between crowd control and heavy damage on the fly. Can you tell us more about the other weapons and how this will affect the game?

HI: I don’t want to talk to much about the specifics of the other weapons we haven’t revealed because it’s not time to address those. But, what I can say is the way the system is set up is you will always have access to all of your weapons. There isn’t a pause menu to equip different weapons.

In addition to the triggers to select angelic and demonic weapons, you can use the d-pad to pick weapons inside those categories. You’re right that you can link everything together. If you think about the kind of combos you can do and the three dimensionality of the combat this time – there is a lot more of a focus on aerial combos as well as ground based attacks the sky is the limit. The key is the freedom players have.

I noticed there were red orbs in the game. Can you tell us how Dante will develop?

ME: What you’ll see is similar to previous DMC games. You can use red orbs in shops, but it goes deeper than that. There are also other ways to upgrade moves and weapons, in a separate sphere, but there is a great deal of character growth on Dante’s part.

Will it be like Devil May Cry 3 at all where you have different styles?

HI: I would describe it as very similar to DMC3.

While some action games simply controls, DmC rewards players for specific actions like extending your devil trigger if you keep enemies in the air and a speed burst when you get a "S" ranked combo. Was Capcom trying to create an effective play style?

HI: That is definitely the case. We’ve seen similar systems implemented in Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 4 as well. For the players that are exceptionally skilled and can show off by doing cool things we feel they should be rewarded in some way and that continues in this iteration of Devil May Cry as well.

The idea for Malice, the morphing world came from Ninja Theory. Can you tell us your impressions when you first saw it and suggestions you gave them to fit this into DMC?

ME: I think at the beginning, the Malice mechanic was a visual motif. The advice, what we at Capcom wanted to see more of, was not just to look at this as a method of giving the game more visual impact, but to tie it into the gameplay. If the world is trying to kill Dante, let’s make that happen with traps and tie it into the way you have to make your way through the stage.

Let’s talk about the story. What are your thoughts on a half-angel and half-demon form? And it looks like the story has dark humor in it too from the demo and so forth. How do you feel about this tone?

ME: [The half-demon, half-angel concept for Dante] was Ninja Theory. Interestingly enough, we’re at the point where we are putting the finishing touches on the Japanese script so it’s hard to pick out lines or scenes since we’re cementing them for our version. What I can say is, we took a largely hands off approach with the script itself. We wanted Ninja Theory to have a sense of control over that. We wanted to see what Westerners could bring to the table, as far as the storyline, the character, and cool lines to speak. We’re pretty happy with what we’ve seen so far.

HI: We’re going through the script with a fine toothed comb revising it and we noticed there are a lot of homage lines. Dante will say things he said in previous Devil May Cry games, Easter Egg kind of stuff. I think fans will look forward to that.

Will we see any characters from the Devil May Cry series in DmC? Maybe Vergil…

ME: In the coming months, as we talk more about the storyline we can get into the characters that appear in the game. [Laughs.]

Moving forward with Devil May Cry as a whole, will we ever see I guess I should call him classic Dante again? Devil May Cry 2, which is the last game chronologically speaking shows Dante riding off into the sunset. Will we see a continuation from there?

HI: We see this branching off into a new path as an expansion in the Devil May Cry universe, rather than a replacement. Only the future can tell us where the series will head, but this doesn’t mean the old series has ended or we’ll never go back to it. We’re certainly eager to do new things with this new series as well.

source:http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/10/dmc-producer-on-the-reboot-and-how-they-made-this-game-just-like-classic-dmc/

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 12, 2012

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

What I pulled away from that last question was "In case this game flops real bad, we're fully prepared to go back to old Dante and forget this ever happened like we did with 25% of the franchise already"

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
It's a wonderful kind of damage control for them really.

A win-win; if this works out, they're laughing to the bank. If it flops harder than the Tameem's quiff, then it'll be, "look at those Ninja Theory fools! Look at what they did to DMC By the way, we had no part of this however, we have-LOOK DMC5! LOOKIT THE SHINEY! What DmC?"

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Alteisen posted:

japanese John Mcclane(yes from Die Hard)

Jesus Christ, I even checked the Wikipedia page, it really is Japanese John McClane.

And I thought the crossovers in MVC2 were already crazy obscure and bizarre.

Coughing Hobo posted:

What I pulled away from that last question was "In case this game flops real bad, we're fully prepared to go back to old Dante and forget this ever happened like we did with 25% of the franchise already"

Haha, fine, alright, let's do that. poo poo, Capcom ought to do that more, what with Resident Evil and its convoluted-rear end canon all the way from Survivor (not that it'll make a difference).

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Pesky Splinter posted:

It's a wonderful kind of damage control for them really.

A win-win; if this works out, they're laughing to the bank. If it flops harder than the Tameem's quiff, then it'll be, "look at those Ninja Theory fools! Look at what they did to DMC By the way, we had no part of this however, we have-LOOK DMC5! LOOKIT THE SHINEY! What DmC?"

In a perfect world (that still allows DmC to happen, mind you), DMC5 will start with the last scene from DmC, then with classic Dante waking up at his desk, bellowing "What the gently caress?" and then it's never mentioned again.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Coughing Hobo posted:

In a perfect world (that still allows DmC to happen, mind you), DMC5 will start with the last scene from DmC, then with classic Dante waking up at his desk, bellowing "What the gently caress?" and then it's never mentioned again.

As a bonus, it's one of only two times Dante actually gets angry/frustrated in the entirety of canon.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Coughing Hobo posted:

"Last time I eat pizza with olives, before bed."

In a perfect world, Bayonetta and Dante would already be kicking rear end together like That loving Sned's idea. We can but dream :allears:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 12, 2012

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Pesky Splinter posted:

I'm so sorry I do this to you thread :sigh:

Who am I kidding? I love it :unsmigghh:

Questions are in italics.

source:http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/10/dmc-producer-on-the-reboot-and-how-they-made-this-game-just-like-classic-dmc/

Is there a special school where you go to learn how to be a complete sniveling rear end-kiss reporter? Those aren't even questions, they're PR softballs strategically calculated to promote the game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Why does the game need so many evade buttons.

I also have a gif of the same slow attack being spammed 5 times for half the bosses health and a SSS style rank but its to big for imgur.

Ah here we go, video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=903X23ISK-o

High rank just for spamming the same move. :allears:

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 13, 2012

Dol
Feb 16, 2007

Well.. that is certainly a large amount of evade buttons.

Clearly using buttons is for lesser developers and inferior story tellers.

Dol fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 13, 2012

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Alteisen posted:

I also have a gif of the same slow attack being spammed 5 times for half the bosses health and a SSS style rank but its to big for imgur.

Yup.
I think what we all expected turned out to be true.

You know what. I have dreams of a God Hand x DMC x Bayonetta crossover.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You guys should really let Frank West join in on the fun with these mergers, he's easily up there with them in crazy rear end fighting styles.

EDIT: Also, what in the hell is with that video? Christ, do these guys think anything through at all?

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

What I'm taking away from this picture is that the game will be all about Dante rolling around like Sonic the Hedgehog.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Yeah Bro posted:

What I'm taking away from this picture is that the game will be all about Dante rolling around like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Bayonetta, huh? Take that, Sega!

vvv: I'm pretty sure that's a Photoshop, dude. Though both shoulder buttons are actually mapped to evade, which is a waste of button space.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 13, 2012

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

So how do you fire your guns? Y-button as well?
You can see in that video how the lack of lock on is already biting them in the rear end. That blue orb swing mechanic needs tightening as well. Seriously, without lock on you should just hook onto the closest one so long as you jump in its general direction and tap the whatever button hooks you on the drat thing. If they keep em as they are, it will cause no end of frustration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Alteisen posted:

Why does the game need so many evade buttons.

Apparently it's so that people can dodge when holding down the angel or demon trigger, without the need to grow an extra thumb.

It makes sense, but that doesn't excuse the fact that it wastes a valuable button because of their retarded "hold down the trigger to keep the weapon out" poo poo.

[e]: I just noticed all the EVADES on the X,A,B buttons. Hehehe

This is the "normal" controls:

It's only slightly less retarded than that edit.
Oh, and the D-pad is for weapon switiching, like they did with Dante's styles in 4.

Alteisen posted:

Haha, loving wow.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 13, 2012

• Locked thread