Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

sellouts posted:

Wow, another HZ illegal goal. Where's the video of this one???

If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_WXlHcCLoI

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Well after my game tonight, we only had 1 sub and still managed to bust out a 10-5 win. Our goalie played well and that new S19 felt amazing.

A little whippier than my usual Reebok 11k and the blade was a touch longer. Overall the feel was more supple and I felt like I had more control on the puck and more power on my shot.

I got 4 goals with it, cant complain.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Verman posted:

Well after my game tonight, we only had 1 sub and still managed to bust out a 10-5 win. Our goalie played well and that new S19 felt amazing.

A little whippier than my usual Reebok 11k and the blade was a touch longer. Overall the feel was more supple and I felt like I had more control on the puck and more power on my shot.

I got 4 goals with it, cant complain.

That score :psyduck:

Is this roller or dek or something?

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

Look Around You posted:

That score :psyduck:

Is this roller or dek or something?

roller .. their goalie was giving up endless rebounds and I was able to catch a few of my own and put them in after.

We would have played a much tighter D game if we had more guys, so I would imagine the score would have been far more lopsided in our favor.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I get my 11 stitches out of my shoulder today. Took a skate -under- my right shoulder pad as I followed a guy sliding into the boards. One in a million cut and I got it. Only missed two games though, and played this past Saturday and last night (two games).

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

trilljester posted:

I get my 11 stitches out of my shoulder today. Took a skate -under- my right shoulder pad as I followed a guy sliding into the boards. One in a million cut and I got it. Only missed two games though, and played this past Saturday and last night (two games).

For God's sakes, man, the picture!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I finally got back on the ice yesterday, and I was surprised at how it went. Took me some time to get warmed up, but I actually got decently back to form. Lots of new guys this time around.

I'd also like to take this time to bitch about how every damned time there's a cutie on the ice, she's taken in some way or another. :argh:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Every cute girl has at least one single friend.

Networking isn't just for jobs!

edit: skating related
I tried doing those sharp turns you were talking about the other day. I can kinda sorta do them when I turn to the left but I can't even begin to turn to the right. I have to get the balance and/or foot position right. I can't even seem to lean to the right well at all.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

JetsGuy posted:

I'd also like to take this time to bitch about how every damned time there's a cutie on the ice, she's taken in some way or another. :argh:

if you're playing hockey to try to meet women you're doing it wrong

edit: you go after puck bunnies, not fellow players

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Topoisomerase posted:

Oh no, I'm not playing to meeting women, that would be a stupid idea. Especially because aside from maybe a small handful of players, most players in the league are at least 10 years older than me.

I'm playing because I love hockey.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

And girls.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Topoisomerase posted:

and figure skaters.

and you'll eventually learn that they are either unobtainable or completely underwhelming and not worth your time.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

hockeymonkey.com has 20% off everything* (excludes a lot of stuff, still) now, TENT20 at checkout. Up until 8/13/12

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 9, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Nice! Just picked up an S19 helmet for $64. Can't beat that.

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

Don't worry, Tyler Myers is holding it for you...

Nice! Just picked up an S19 helmet for $64. Can't beat that.

can't fit it on your head, either.

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001
Stop the presses, my rookie league team won a game!

feels good man

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002
Playoffs start tonight, too bad we managed to loose half our roster over this season, mostly to injuries suffered playing other sports :( drat you baseball / ball hockey.

I'm not totally sure why our GM picked up 6 forwards to replace 2 forwards and 4 defencemen, but every game we play now feels like some kind of re-enactment of the Pittsburgh/Philadelphia series.

I also scored last week by managing to ricochet the puck up off the goalies inner thigh and then into the back of his jock.

No jock provides anyone with enough protection for a puck from that angle.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Doctor Butts posted:

hockeymonkey.com has 20% off everything* (excludes a lot of stuff, still) now, TENT20 at checkout. Up until 8/13/12

Anyone have thoughts on Easton pads? The Synergy line in particular. Most of the stuff I've been eyeing is excluded from the sale but I managed to find a cart full of Easton stuff that is discounted. It's a pretty good deal so I'm considering pulling the trigger for my first set of pads.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Teeter posted:

Anyone have thoughts on Easton pads? The Synergy line in particular. Most of the stuff I've been eyeing is excluded from the sale but I managed to find a cart full of Easton stuff that is discounted. It's a pretty good deal so I'm considering pulling the trigger for my first set of pads.

I've seen the EQ30 and EQ50 stuff, and you're armored up like Robocop. Probably can take a bullet and live. I wear Stealth S1 pads (circa 2008), and considering that was on their low end, it's held up really well.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Easton stuff has always been pretty solid. I have eq 50 gloves, pants which were under $100 bucks and feel very protective but also very unrestricted as far as movement goes. I have a pair of elbow pads from a few years ago but I don't really I like the style and they feel like they restrict my movement a bit,

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Teeter posted:

I used Easton gloves for the last few years. Also, since I was 14 I've used the same two pairs of Easton shin guards, I'm afraid of replacing them, even though the knee on one of them is now cracked.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Loqieu posted:

I've seen the EQ30 and EQ50 stuff, and you're armored up like Robocop. Probably can take a bullet and live. I wear Stealth S1 pads (circa 2008), and considering that was on their low end, it's held up really well.

I tried the stealth 65 elbow pads on in the store and really liked them so I'll definitely pick them up on this sale. What I liked the most in store was the Reebok 7k shin guards and one of the CCM pairs (08 maybe?), but the Synergy EQ30s have decent reviews on there and are on clearance + the 20% sale so that may be my best option right now. I've also got EQ20 pants in my cart since they're clearance +20% as well. I'm just waiting for my birthday to pass tomorrow before snapping it all up right as it ends.

It's not exactly what I was looking for but it seems that this gear is good enough considering I've never even held a stick before, and to get elbow, shin, and pants for under $100 is quite a deal. Thanks everyone for the help.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I have Easton shin guards, I like them.

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001
I'd been hanging my gear up to dry as soon as I got home with a combination of a liberal dose of Febreeze Sport to fight gear stank. It looks like the febreeze is being discontinued, is there a product like it thats cheap and will keep my basement and equipment from smelling like rear end?

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
Before tonight I hadn't scored a goal in 3 seasons

tonight I scored a hat trick

feels good man

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

My team had to forfeit our game last night because our goalie decided to flip the gently caress out and try to fight basically everyone on the other team at the end of the 2nd period. It was only 6-4 them and we were keeping up pretty well for having like 5 less people than they did. I also scored a goal and slid on both knees as a celebration :v:

We got a new goalie who hopefully doesn't go crazy for no reason at least!

toxicsunset posted:

Before tonight I hadn't scored a goal in 3 seasons

tonight I scored a hat trick

feels good man

This is awesome!

e: What do you guys do to celebrate? Any dickhead stuff or do you mostly just go for the team hug and fistbumps?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Look Around You posted:

My team had to forfeit our game last night because our goalie decided to flip the gently caress out and try to fight basically everyone on the other team at the end of the 2nd period.

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Green Submarine
Oct 21, 2000

There will come soft rains...

Look Around You posted:

e: What do you guys do to celebrate? Any dickhead stuff or do you mostly just go for the team hug and fistbumps?

I'm fond of the "turn around and skate to center ice."

Although if it's pickup and I'm feeling cheeky, I might break out the suspender snap.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

Look Around You posted:

My team had to forfeit our game last night because our goalie decided to flip the gently caress out and try to fight basically everyone on the other team at the end of the 2nd period. It was only 6-4 them and we were keeping up pretty well for having like 5 less people than they did. I also scored a goal and slid on both knees as a celebration :v:

We got a new goalie who hopefully doesn't go crazy for no reason at least!

This is awesome!

I didn't do anything. Just smiled and skated back to center ice/the bench. I didnt' know what to do. My teammates hugged me and kept smacking me in the head and stuff. It was a little weird. It's bizarre how such a dumb thing can make you feel so good.

It was great because my 3rd goal was complete luck, and 45 seconds after my 2nd. Our team wins the faceoff and enters the zone, I crash the net(thats all I ever do). Someone shoots it, it's blocked, right to my stick, and just as I go to shoot it a guy blindsides me (penalty called but..), my stick goes flying, the puck popped straight up in the air and somehow landed on the goalies back and slid in the net. I had no idea I scored until I saw everyone on my team coming at me freaking out. Though it started to feel a tad insulting the way they reacted, lol. I'm not retarded or something!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

None of the teams I have ever been on have done the team hug or skate along the bench. It has always been assorted fistbumps on the way back to center ice.

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
What's the point of scoring goals if you're not gonna celly?

Green Submarine
Oct 21, 2000

There will come soft rains...

Funkutron5000 posted:

What's the point of scoring goals if you're not gonna celly?

Winning.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

After I score a goal, I like to slide along the ice and pretend I'm paddling a kayak with my stick while shouting obscenities at the opposing team.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I like to taunt the 3 parents/wives/kids of players on the other team in the stands.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
I skate away from the net then spin and slide on one knee while using my stick as a mock rifle and 'shooting' at the goalie.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSRFLUBgvzc

Every goal. Every single goal.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

I like to taunt the 3 parents/wives/kids of players on the other team in the stands.

My friend seriously did this at a dek hockey game. It was kinda (very) ridiculous. I think he told them he had their grandmas on his dick... Surprisingly he didn't get kicked out or even talked to by the ref.

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
This is still the best celly ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSsE8gYO2hU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

If you play in a pro league or the OHL or something celebrate all you want.

Congrats on scoring a goal against a bunch of guys who play sports part time though, really rub it in their faces. Let 'em know.