Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The House of the Dead 2 cabinet at my local movie theater is a buck a credit and only takes quarters. poo poo like that is why the arcade is dead asshats. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I got off work and wanted some Pringles only to find out my roommate had eaten enough so that they're just out of my reach in the can. Now I have to pour it out and get the crushed bits at the bottom everywhere.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm watching an LP stream that I absolutely love, but I loving hate the co commentator with every fiber of my being. It's making me not want to waste time watching the stream.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I got off work and wanted some Pringles only to find out my roommate had eaten enough so that they're just out of my reach in the can. Now I have to pour it out and get the crushed bits at the bottom everywhere.

I can fit my hand all the way down the pringles box :smug:

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

If your hand's big enough that you can't reach pringles far enough down, it should also be big enough to catch the crumbs.

That or just use a bowl or something, dang.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

We don't get cold water in the summer. All the pipes in the neighborhood are too close to the surface, so the water is the same temperature as the hot water coming out of the heater.

Bloody Mayhem
Jan 25, 2007

Victimology is all over the place!
The pizza delivery guy is getting familiar with me ("Don't drop it like last time!", "You really like this pizza, eh?"). Please, don't point out how often I order out. I want to pretend it's not yet enough for you to recognize me in a large city :smith:.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
I dropped one of my jujyfruits on the floor. It was a black one, so it's not that bad, but I still didn't get to eat it.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
Last night when I checked my TV guide track cycling was on three times today: 10:30am, 12:00pm and 2:30pm. Now it's only on at 2:30. Hey NBC t:mad:

NBC showed two minutes of one half of one race of the four events that happened in the last 24 hours :shepicide:

I Am Not Spor has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Aug 7, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Ambiguatron posted:

I dropped one of my jujyfruits on the floor. It was a black one, so it's not that bad, but I still didn't get to eat it.

Not having to eat a black Jujyfruit is like not having to eat a yellow Starburst, a blessing that gets you out of following candy etiquette.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Not having to eat a black Jujyfruit is like not having to eat a yellow Starburst, a blessing that gets you out of following candy etiquette.
Don't be hatin on yellow Starburst now. Second only to pink in deliciousness.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Death Bot posted:

If your hand's big enough that you can't reach pringles far enough down, it should also be big enough to catch the crumbs.

That or just use a bowl or something, dang.

I got a plate. It was just a pain in the rear end to go back upstairs after an 18 hour work day, especially since I still had to do homework.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I had to cancel a pre order of a game I wanted cause I have bills to pay, and the stupid light bill is due and I don't have the 60 bucks to throw out the window on a video game but I TOTALLY WANT IT GGGGOOOOODDDDD WHY IS MY LIFE SO HAAAARRRDDD?????

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Having recently switched to making most of my entertainment purchases via the internet, it puts incredible strain on my life that I don't get to even play the games or watch the movies until I get home from work at 10pm :argh:

Boxing Snatcher
Jul 4, 2011

I have been looking for some great Beef Jerky since my local convenience store changed owners.
My student email is being annoying. Now I have to do two things this Thursday instead of just one.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Boxing Snatcher posted:

My student email is being annoying. Now I have to do two things this Thursday instead of just one.

My student email is being annoying too, I get sent old messages so I think I have to do something but it's actually nothing. I almost did something today in my free time, can you imagine that?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Every D&D group I try out is filled with racist, anti-semitic, sexist, unbathed nerds that won't stop quoting Monthy Python/Archer/Family Guy.

God I miss my old group. :smith:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I can never check my heart rate accurately.

The moment I put my hand on a pulse point my heart starts to race because im actively trying to keep it at its normal level. Sort of like someone telling you not to blink and then that's all your body wants to do. Except I tend to go the extra mile and end up with some abnormally high (and inaccurate) heart rate. And because i'm usually on edge in doctors offices/hospitals, my heart rate will soar if a doctor comes in to check it. And then right as they leave to "come back and try again later" it drops to normal levels. Eventually they just have to ask me to watch it myself or they'll wait in the room a few minutes more until it slowly drops.

This may or may not have been caused by watching medical dramas at a very young age.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Wandering Knitter posted:

Every D&D group I try out is filled with racist, anti-semitic, sexist, unbathed nerds that won't stop quoting Monthy Python/Archer/Family Guy.

God I miss my old group. :smith:

It definitely sucks, but being on the internet should have taught you that 99% of nerds are lovely people years ago. Try to see if there's a board games group(NOT a wargaming group, grognards are even worse than D&D nerds) around, they tend to be less terrible than D&D groups but still run pen and paper games.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

It definitely sucks, but being on the internet should have taught you that 99% of nerds are lovely people years ago. Try to see if there's a board games group(NOT a wargaming group, grognards are even worse than D&D nerds) around, they tend to be less terrible than D&D groups but still run pen and paper games.

The board game groups around here are worse than the D&D groups. :v: I just want to sit in a basement and pretend to be an elf without having to hear a single "Ugly monster? I BET IT'S JEWISH!" comment for an evening. Is that too much to ask?

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
I'm reading Harpo Speaks! right now and it's really good, but if I read at night then I can't watch the Olympics :( And I HAVE to watch the Olympics every night because if I don't then my DVR will be too full to record stuff for the next day. Pity meeeeeee

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!
I made extremely tasty hash browns last night, just crusted with black pepper like I love it. Every morning, I drink two to three cups of black coffee. My burps taste... interesting.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.
"Try again. This song does not have enough related songs to create a Genius Playlist"

But I've updated Genius so many times and you have over 2000 songs to choose from! COME ON you stupid iPod! What do you want from me?!

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I have to go out but I enjoy being a shut in.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The topical medicine my dermatologist used on my plantar warts left huge blisters on my feet. My parents made me mow the lawn anyways. I really can't wait til I move back out again.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Ugh, Skyrim is going to take a whole half hour to download from Steam? What am I, on a 14.4 modem?!

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
I burned my wrist taking pizza out of the oven and now it's difficult to rest it comfortably.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

My girlfriend won't watch Star Wars with me until I read Harry Potter (despite already watching the movies with her) as punishment for choosing Event Horizon on movie night. Dammit woman I just want you to see Star Wars, you're missing out!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It's too cloudy to watch the meteor shower, so now I have to do actual stuff.

Edit: So I checked Google to see if there were any areas around here where it was less cloudy to watch, maybe on a mountain somewhere, and almost every single website referred to this area as the Rocky Mountains. IT'S THE loving BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS. Hell, I would've settled for Appalachian. And now I'm pissed.

Rabbi Raccoon has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Aug 12, 2012

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
Buttwizard does not post enough boobs in the pyf boobs thread.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, he's not called Boobwizard :colbert:

hypnotoad
Dec 16, 2007

But shakin' its all I know!
I wanted to check out a game from work last night but I was the only manager working so I had no one else to sign for my check out. :( Now I'll have to wait until I work today to play my game. Abloobloobloo. :'(

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
The incredibly expensive, internet-regulated, free coffee robot at work cheats when making mocha lattes. It just pours into a bit of hot chocolate powder into my cup before adding the coffee. What is this bullshit? Why isn't it melting chocolate inside its burnished metal shell at the very moment of mocha latte inception? I'm complaining to HR.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The resort here in Bonaire won't have lobster until tomorrow :(.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Theres a really good looking burger in the fridge but I don't want to eat it :negative:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
My massage isn't until after work and I don't want to wait.

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.
Coming from cable on the east coast, Direct TV on the west coast sucks because I had a headache last night and couldn't see Breaking Bad at 1:38 AM and the next time it's showing is 4:56 AM on Wednesday morning. I can't search for it on demand because my brother and his wife won't like it if my nieces catch a glimpse because on demand is only on the living room tv. :argh:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

The workmen refurbishing my windows took one of my dustsheets.

Also everything got covered in dust anyway.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

We got new office phones at work today and the ridiculously large 8510t is crowding out my mouse, keyboard, 4 monitors, Cintiq tablet, and 3D mouse because my new desk hasn't been delivered yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Faerie Fortune posted:

My girlfriend won't watch Star Wars with me until I read Harry Potter (despite already watching the movies with her) as punishment for choosing Event Horizon on movie night. Dammit woman I just want you to see Star Wars, you're missing out!

To be fair, so are you. The books are way better than the movies. You're not missing out as much as she is, but nevertheless.

My problem is I want to read so many things but I'm terrible at taking time to read things.

• Locked thread