Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

I'm not up on my Japanese comedians like many of you in the thread are, so who can tell me who these gentlemen are:

There's a gaming related reason I'm asking...

The next episode will be Spy vs. Spy?! :derp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Bocc Kob posted:

The next episode will be Spy vs. Spy?! :derp:

I... don't even remember there actually being a game to beat there. Probably because my entire time was spent torturing/being tortured by my little brother. :3:

I'd love to see it though.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

From left to right is comedy duo 2700, Nabeatsu of the World (of counting game fame) and Moody Katsuyama. It helps that they all always wear the same thing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

From left to right is comedy duo 2700, Nabeatsu of the World (of counting game fame) and Moody Katsuyama. It helps that they all always wear the same thing.

Always?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

That's just a traditional Japanese outfit for special occasions.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Random Stranger posted:

The real question is did they make him play pinball for their amusement?

I'm not up on my Japanese comedians like many of you in the thread are, so who can tell me who these gentlemen are:

There's a gaming related reason I'm asking...

I know the 3rd guy in the grey suit has a gimmick where he counts and every multiple of 3 he makes a funny voice and face. That's about it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

When arino was playing Kato and Ken he kept referencing some act they did and he kept saying daijoubu in a wierd, goofy voice. Ive always wondered what routine he was referring to.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Here's one instance of it, I think. I guess it was his catchphrase or something.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Since I love throwing out vague, useless hints about what's coming up; hardly anyone has asked about the two most recent translations but zari-gani has been a real tear of translating all the recent stuff that I think is incredible lately. You're got two featuring Katayama and two featuring Takahashi coming up...

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

Random Stranger posted:

Since I love throwing out vague, useless hints about what's coming up; hardly anyone has asked about the two most recent translations but zari-gani has been a real tear of translating all the recent stuff that I think is incredible lately. You're got two featuring Katayama and two featuring Takahashi coming up...

Calling Tower of Babel and F-Zero (I'm hoping for the last quiz game, but I'm pretty sure that would kill everyone on the team, and you're saving that for later).

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

F-Zero and Megaman 4? That would be awesome.

Dinosaur Satan
Oct 27, 2005

Helen, I'll love you always.

Hahaha is he going to interview Miyamoto dressed like that?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
For the AD Katayama episodes, I would love to see Megaman 4, Super Poyo Poyo, or Super Star Force. It is always a great episode when Arino plays a shooting game.

For the AD Takahashi episodes, I would love to see Battletoads, Super Spy Hunter, or Gradius.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Which Takahashi? Is this a trap? I bet two of them are Paris-Dakar Rally Special and Detective Sabourou Jinguuji: Shinjuku Central Park Murder Mystery. :catstare:

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
I thought after the deluge things would die down for awhile. I was wrong.

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!
Hey rdbbb, could you repost the link/info you have on Arino's suit that you referenced here? I don't have an archives account and I want to be a cheapskate and not pony up the cash to see this old post. I would greatly appreciate this kind sir.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

FireCar posted:

Hey rdbbb, could you repost the link/info you have on Arino's suit that you referenced here? I don't have an archives account and I want to be a cheapskate and not pony up the cash to see this old post. I would greatly appreciate this kind sir.

quote:

Diggy Mo posted:

Also, I was wondering if there was a place online t get Arino's particular outfit for uh.. scientific reasons.

Short answer, yes; Long answer, yes, but it's not going to be cheap.

SECRETS REVEALED:

Fuji doesn't sell the official (embroidered logo) ones anymore, so you're out of luck there it seems. What I did originally was just get the actual plain uniforms from an online retailer. You want the Aitos AZ5320, which I got from here (funny how they say it's the GCCX uniform right there too). The problem is getting it shipped out of Japan, and this is the "not cheap" part: what I did was go through a proxy service (I think it was OohJapan), and they understandably tack on a service fee to the whole deal. If you do do that, be as specific as you can in what info they ask for, and you should be good to go. Just be careful with sizing -- I wish I threw in another pair of pants a size larger than I thought it was, because I ended up having to make a new order for pants I could actually fit my big rear end into.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I'm watching the Super Mario World episodes now (I was away from my fast Internet for a while), and I'm puzzled. While I haven't seen the first episode before, I could swear I've seen the first game corner segment before (where he visited Super Potato). I know he's been there on other occasions, but I remember him checking out the different 'grades' of used Famicoms, and I'm pretty sure he checked out the Rockman 4 cartridge too. Did this happen in another episode as well, or was it in a clip show or something?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
There's a new made-for-Wii-channel challenge translated by a random Youtuber by the name of DarknessSavior. Linking to his video instead of GamingCX's ripped video because credits should go where credits are due. He's apparently also looking into turning this into an actual project, acknowledging SAGCCX's existence and wishing to translate episodes you guys haven't done yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpGrgdKCFZU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yeesh, he did not seem happy with RS' answer to his application.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm watching the Super Mario World episodes now (I was away from my fast Internet for a while), and I'm puzzled. While I haven't seen the first episode before, I could swear I've seen the first game corner segment before (where he visited Super Potato). I know he's been there on other occasions, but I remember him checking out the different 'grades' of used Famicoms, and I'm pretty sure he checked out the Rockman 4 cartridge too. Did this happen in another episode as well, or was it in a clip show or something?

He went there again in the Ultra Seven episode.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Oh god... aaaagh! What is the music that plays in GCCX 017 SMW pt1, 13:50 to 14:10? I've heard it like a million billion times before, like it was in a video I had as a kid maybe. It's driving me insane :catstare:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dinosaur Satan posted:

Hahaha is he going to interview Miyamoto dressed like that?

Well, he is in front of Nintendo HQ (I'm a touch disturbed that it's gotten to the point that I recognize the building).

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Random Stranger posted:

Well, he is in front of Nintendo HQ (I'm a touch disturbed that it's gotten to the point that I recognize the building).

Well, it does say nintendo on the sign there. ;)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Keito posted:

Well, it does say nintendo on the sign there. ;)

Yes, it does (or at least I can make out the ninten; the third character is too blurry). But I actually recognize the building.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Corridor posted:

Oh god... aaaagh! What is the music that plays in GCCX 017 SMW pt1, 13:50 to 14:10? I've heard it like a million billion times before, like it was in a video I had as a kid maybe. It's driving me insane :catstare:

That's the hook from somebody's cover of "Land of 1000 Dances".

Here's the most popular version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWoQ_pZtXCY

And here's the part of my childhood that I know it from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue_mMXeDjg4

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Just started watching the Pheonix episode and wow, Arino straight up calling a game bad! That's a rare thing.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Drakkel posted:

Just started watching the Pheonix episode and wow, Arino straight up calling a game bad! That's a rare thing.

Just to clarify, he wasn't calling the game "terrible" as in it's of poor quality, but as in displeasing/disturbing/horrific (due to the hero having to kill himself at times).

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Terrible game: That horrible shitheap 'rpg' he's playing in the call the viewers segment, holy god that game looks awful

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

zari-gani posted:

Just to clarify, he wasn't calling the game "terrible" as in it's of poor quality, but as in displeasing/disturbing/horrific (due to the hero having to kill himself at times).

Ah, I see! My mistake!

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

victrix posted:

Terrible game: That horrible shitheap 'rpg' he's playing in the call the viewers segment, holy god that game looks awful

Seriously. I consider it a minor miracle that viewers were willing to subject themselves to that pile just to help him out with it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Not clear why he's playing it, it's not even funny to watch :( So many other more interesting titles they could have chosen that might require viewer input.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

victrix posted:

Not clear why he's playing it, it's not even funny to watch :( So many other more interesting titles they could have chosen that might require viewer input.

Daibouken Monkey Fart Challenge whatever you call it is among the shittiest games released for the Famicom. That's why he's playing it.

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

victrix posted:

My understanding was that its very notorious in Japan for being a crap game.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

victrix posted:

Super Monkey Adventures along with Takeshi's Challenge and Ikki are the most infamous games for the famicom. For Japanese gamers it's like the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. Arino never playing it would be a huge oversight.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hey hey heeeyyyyy.

I liked the first TMNT game. :smith:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I think something like Super Monkey Adventures would be more akin to Action 52 rather than the first TMNT game, which isn't totally awful.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cultural nostalgia for shared pain would be an interesting anthropology paper :eng101:

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Hey hey heeeyyyyy.

It's a good game that's just ridiculously hard.

Arino really should challenge it some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Hey hey heeeyyyyy.

I don't think it's that bad myself. I mean not good but there's so much worse.

But in the past few years it's gained a reputation of being the most horrific game to come out in the NES era. A game so awful that no one could stand to gaze upon it for long.