Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Musicfest NW: Melvins Lite, Big Business, Old Man Gloom @ Hawthorne Theater Sept 7.

Holy. loving. poo poo.

Move to Portland for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I hope it's appropriate to ask this here, but does anyone know where I can buy the Fuzz Manta album from 2009, Smokerings. Or, hell, any of their others for that matter, but especially Smokerings.

I've done internet searches, had a look at Kozmik, etc., but can't find it anywhere. Am I missing someplace obvious? (I'm in the USA). Thanks for any suggestions.

Here's why I want this album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URQiJ3hhTdU

dang, i'm liking this song a whole lot

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007

I want to go to the LA show for that pretty badly, I have to admit.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong
Are people talking about the new Conan album, Monnos yet? The first track had me headbanging within ten seconds of the fist riff and it only gets better from there.

e: Looks like it leaked months ago so I'm late on this but drat it's good.

ethan
Dec 16, 2004

bleedbackwards posted:

Are people talking about the new Conan album, Monnos yet? The first track had me headbanging within ten seconds of the fist riff and it only gets better from there.

It was released in Europe in April, it just recently got a proper US release.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

bleedbackwards posted:

Thanks for bringing this up. Just bought it. Love this iTunes review "HAWK AS A WEAPON MADE ME WEEP BLOOD AND SEE THE ANCIENT PAST".

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

bleedbackwards posted:

I think the album is great up to "Golden Axe" but the last two tracks lose me a bit. Battle in the Swamp is probably my favourite track on the album, but Hawk as Weapon is great as well, obviously :D

Has anyone else heard the new Evoken album, Atra Mors yet? I got it when it came out and god drat, it's amazing. It has the pace of a diSEMBOWELMENT album and the atmosphere of a Skepticism record. It is basically my idea of a perfect funeral doom record and I can't get enough of it. The keyboards really do enhance the atmosphere, and when they want to go all out with a bludgeoning riff, they really do. Even though, like many doom albums, it clocks in at over an hour, it never feels that long, as the pace is good enough that it never drags.

If you were left disappointed by Ahab, and are hankering for some more straight up funeral doom, get this. If you loved the new Ahab, and you want another great funeral doom album, get this.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Went to see Baroness last night. Sadly on their way out of Bristol this morning, their coach had a nasty crash which fell 30ft: http://www.itv.com/news/west/update/2012-08-15/american-bands-tour-bus-crashes-in-bath/

No word on how bad everyone in the coach was injured (except two people "seriously injured" apparently) I hope they're okay :( they were on an unbelievable high yesterday, too. Both the crowd and band were euphoric.

Idioteque Dance fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 15, 2012

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Idioteque Dance posted:

Went to see Baroness last night. Sadly on their way out of Bristol this morning, their coach had a nasty crash which fell 30ft: http://www.itv.com/news/west/update/2012-08-15/american-bands-tour-bus-crashes-in-bath/

No word on how bad everyone in the coach was injured (except two people in critical condition apparently) I hope they're okay :( they were on an unbelievable high yesterday, too. Both the crowd and band were euphoric.

Came to post this pretty much. Let's hope there are no fatalities and everyone recovers.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

Came to post this pretty much. Let's hope there are no fatalities and everyone recovers.

The rest of the European tour has been cancelled as a result, and the band are receiving medical attention

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Very sad to hear about Baroness, hope everyone's OK, saw it on Sky News earlier.

On a lighter note,

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

This is amazing. I wonder if they had to explain to Matt how to put a shirt on.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Very sad to hear about Baroness, hope everyone's OK, saw it on Sky News earlier.

On a lighter note,

I can't stop staring at this and laughing. I want it as a poster.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Idioteque Dance posted:

Goddamn that sucks. Hopefully everyone recovers okay...

On a lighter note,

That is awesome.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Colliding heavy poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 15, 2012

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

According to The Mirror, authorities don't believe that any of the injuries are life-threatening, but there are reports that the two that were hospitalized are being treated for broken bones.

Terrible news, but hopefully everyone gets out in one piece.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

blue.eyed.ash posted:

According to The Mirror, authorities don't believe that any of the injuries are life-threatening, but there are reports that the two that were hospitalized are being treated for broken bones.

Terrible news, but hopefully everyone gets out in one piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZKPpeuHvJk

Too soon?

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

Colliding heavy poo poo.

Dude in the middle is rocking a mad Carl Sagan look.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

vanov posted:

Dude in the middle is rocking a mad Carl Sagan look.

Al really likes Carl. They often project his face behind them, and when I saw them in Seattle they had the middle portion of "Inside The Sun" listed as "And Sagan" on the setlist.

I can't get over how amazing these promo pictures are. My respect for the band just grows and grows.

EDIT: I should note that I finally got my hands on a bootleg of Sleep's original 2-day reunion at ATP, the last gigs they did with Chris Hakius. Really great stuff, and well worth seeking out. I believe these shows mark the final appearance of the fast "Cultivator," as well as the only time "Some Grass" ever got played live.

Juaguocio fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 16, 2012

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

When I saw them in Dublin earlier in the year, they projected pretty much a whole episode of Cosmos before they came on stage.

\/\/\/
Yep, he's Sleep's live drummer now for the last few years, he's great.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 16, 2012

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

That's Jason Roeder from Neurosis right? That dude is making the best faces in these.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008

Juaguocio posted:

It's much closer to Sleep than HoF's later material, and also happens to be one of the most devastating collections of riffs ever put to tape. I've heard good things about the reissue, too- folks are saying that the bass and drums are much clearer, without compromising any of the power.

I got my copy of it today and this description is spot on. Pick this up if you're into kickass riffs.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Baroness just posted this on facebook:

Baroness posted:

The band members of Baroness and their crew are recovering from injuries sustained after their tour bus crashed outside of Bath, England early on Wednesday morning.

John Baizley has broken his left arm and left leg. Allen Blickle and Matt Maggioni each suffered fractured vertebrae. All three remain in the hospital as of this writing. Pete Adams has been treated and released from the hospital.

Three of the five crew members who were on the bus have also been treated and released. One member is still undergoing testing. The driver of the bus remains in critical condition.

Please stay tuned for further updates. Thank you for all the support during this extremely difficult time.

loving suuuucks, man. Hoping for a speedy recovery for these guys.

doppler
Jul 10, 2006
Motor CIty Machine Music

colourhaze.de posted:

Dear Friends

it took a long time and was a hard way but finally we made it: the recording, mixing and mastering of the new Colour Haze album is finished and in the end all turned out quite good I`d say, despite all limitations and difficulties. In the next days we will cut the master and finish last details of the artwork, so next week the Double-CD is off to print and the Vinyl to cut. i.e. In latest 3 weeks the DCD and in abprox 4-6 weeks the DLP will be available. We hope to bring to you a lot of pleasure and joy with this album, we tried to give our very best...

:neckbeard:

Feels like I've been waiting for this for years and years. Colour Haze is definitely one of my favorite bands, their music is just so wonderfully hazy.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

This might be the most stoner metal video ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq1gb50iobU

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

aliencowboy posted:

I want to use whatever drug makes that happen.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

aliencowboy posted:

I'm not usually much on metal videos but this one is rad. I like that it doesn't have the band in it at all acting like they're playing the song. Plus it's loving rad.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

aliencowboy posted:

Cool

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

aliencowboy posted:

This might be the most stoner metal awesome video ever made.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That is so bitchin.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
On top of the video, Matt Pike's out of rehab!

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/CultureSpyBlog/archives/2012/08/16/matt-pike-out-of-rehab-sharper-and-stronger-than-before

Australia shows upcoming.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

aliencowboy posted:

oh my god

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

aliencowboy posted:

That was loving awesome. I want to be just like Jesus's twin now.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

aliencowboy posted:

Holy poo poo, what a great band backup Jesus has blessed us with.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

On top of the video, Matt Pike's out of rehab!

That was worryingly fast.

shiatza
May 15, 2005

the second part of ORO is out and holy poo poo

:O

Space Faggot
Jun 11, 2009
What are some other bands that sound like Warning? I've been listening to Watching From A Distance and I want some more depressing music.

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic
I've got the chance to do an interview of sorts with Ufomammut. It's just an e-mail interview, but hey. If anyone has any questions they'd like me to include, feel free to fire them my way.

And yeah, Opus Alter is loving killer. ORO is about as amazing as those Sleep pictures are hilarious (i.e. all-encompassingly).

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Space human being posted:

What are some other bands that sound like Warning? I've been listening to Watching From A Distance and I want some more depressing music.

If you weren't aware, 40 Watt Sun is Pat Walker's (Warning Vocals) new project, and it sounds pretty much exactly like Warning. The Inside Room is a very good album.

Warning are a pretty unique band IMO, but these bands are similarish I guess:
Pallbearer
Ahab's new stuff

Those 2 are the closest I can think of personally although you might find some more that you like in the Last.fm similar artists page This is done on genre tags so recommendations should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
Sleep has a new store open.

From their facebook page:

Sleep posted:

New Sleep web store is now up at Blue Collar Distro! Initial quantities are limited but more designs and styles will be added over time.

Praise Iommi.