Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

I think it's more like he can't get rid of the show.

He fled the country and he still can't avoid them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

You're in luck then since Toujima is the AD who has appeared on the show the most. They can't get rid of that guy.

My friend and I joke that he sleeps out by the bins next to the studio.

SirLarr
Mar 21, 2003

High tech, low class.
So this is returning to a previous topic, but I was playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 the other night, and I got to a Boo House level that has the EXACT SAME angry blocks that scroll by themselves from Super Mario World. I guess they were purple instead of brown but still.

I dunno I got a big kick out of it. Super Mario is one of those series that, despite moving through several different systems and controllers, has spiritually stayed exactly the same. Also holy hell Galaxy 2 is amazing.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
They're doing a thing over at Kotaku where you can ask a localizer from Xseed various questions and this exchange came up.

[Person] What was the biggest flop you brought over?

[Xseed] Don't know exactly which, but Retro Game Challenge and Half-Minute Hero were not particularly popular. :(

[Other Person] Retro Game Challenge 2 please? Kotaku needs more Arino

[Xseed] Sorry, man. That ship has sailed.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Sounds like someone needs to be strung up by his pull-string. :clint:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Vlaphor posted:

They're doing a thing over at Kotaku where you can ask a localizer from Xseed various questions and this exchange came up.

[Person] What was the biggest flop you brought over?

[Xseed] Don't know exactly which, but Retro Game Challenge and Half-Minute Hero were not particularly popular. :(

[Other Person] Retro Game Challenge 2 please? Kotaku needs more Arino

[Xseed] Sorry, man. That ship has sailed.

Man, those were both amazing games with sequels, too. What the hell, America?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
If I recall, Xseed said they would need to sell at least 100k copies of RGC for it be profitable (and warrant bringing over the second). The actual sales numbers were less than 60k.

EDIT: Was off by an order of magnitude. Ouch.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 16, 2012

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
drat, that's depressing.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Warioware DIY is really awesome and everyone should own it. Oh yeah also a new episode!

8 years in, and they just NOW decide to make Arino challenge a racing game. They could have made no better choice than Paris Dakar Rally Special. This translation brought to you by Zari-gani

Download torrent81 (1 file; 511.43 MB)
View torrent stats

http://depositfiles.com/files/spapdv0wv

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Deluuuuuuge: redux?

Thank you!

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I got a Severe Weather Alert for a flood warning on my phone. I should learn to take these things seriously, because now I'm wading through a Deluge.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I got a Severe Weather Alert for a flood warning on my phone. I should learn to take these things seriously, because now I'm wading through a Deluge.

"Failed SAGCCX Pickup Lines"

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I remember watching the raw of this and thinking that Paris Dakar Rally Special is one of the strangest games ever made. Thank you guys again for these episodes. :)

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

What's up horrible weather in the Midwest buddy?

(p.s. thanks for the new ep!)

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Just when I head out for the evening...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sorry. No deluge.

Because we're going to be releasing roughly every other day for a little while.

Sorry about that.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Random Stranger posted:

Sorry. No deluge.

Because we're going to be releasing roughly every other day for a little while.

Sorry about that.

How are we supposed to survive on just 15 episodes a month?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, my favorite lovely Game!

Bless God in heaven (and the GCCX team), for they have gifted us with Paris Dakar Rally Special.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
As long as we get an average of 1 sub a week, I will be happy. I am just glad to have at least 50 subbed episodes a year. More is just a bonus. Thanks for all the hard work SA Team.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Useless people make for excellent target practice.

joek0 posted:

As long as we get an average of 1 sub a week, I will be happy. I am just glad to have at least 50 subbed episodes a year. More is just a bonus. Thanks for all the hard work SA Team.

Honestly, I am happy we get more than one a year.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I want you guys to just think about those poor Japanese fans who are going a whole month without a Game Center CX episode. Well... unless they go to the live Odaiba stage show; I think that's what they're doing on the 26th since they have had one every August for the past four years or so.

And even when those Japanese fans have episodes coming they have to wait two weeks between them.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Does this mean that the Kirby's Dream Course is coming up for release. I know many are waiting for it.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

I want you guys to just think about those poor Japanese fans who are going a whole month without a Game Center CX episode. Well... unless they go to the live Odaiba stage show; I think that's what they're doing on the 26th since they have had one every August for the past four years or so.

And even when those Japanese fans have episodes coming they have to wait two weeks between them.

On the other hand, those Japanese fans could be hanging out in some arcade one day and the film crew could show up for a segment. They could get to meet Abe. :derp:

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!
Man, that game completely jumps the shark. Calling it a racing game is like calling Punch Out a boxing game. I would be breaking controllers playing that. Still, it was a very enjoyable episode.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Bocc Kob posted:

On the other hand, those Japanese fans could be hanging out in some arcade one day and the film crew could show up for a segment. They could get to meet Abe. :derp:

Man I want to meet Abe he'd yell at me to get in shape or something i dunno :allears:

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

Phuzzy posted:

Man I want to meet Abe he'd yell at me to get in shape or something i dunno :allears:

I bet you were the one who yelled "Scold me Abe!" before one of the meet and greet things. Don't worry, I would yell that too

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Oh my god, that was the best game ever. :aaaaa:

The best part was when the password broke and Papa Kan stuck his head in the door all angry and everybody got scared.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

FireCar posted:

Man, that game completely jumps the shark. Calling it a racing game is like calling Punch Out a boxing game.

If Punch-Out!! had platforming stages where you chased your ring coach through the sewers while dodging rats and joining the Nintendo Fun Club was mandatory to progress, then perhaps.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Bocc Kob posted:

Oh my god, that was the best game ever. :aaaaa:

The best part was when the password broke and Papa Kan stuck his head in the door all angry and everybody got scared.

"I hear he did something again"
".....nope, everythings fine!"

Its one of my favorite moments in the show now.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Man, Paris-Dakar Rally is so amazing. It's the epitome of the NES school of design theory where you put gameplay over setting or story, and things end up nonsensical and madcap as a result. The NES wasn't good enough to go with a realistic theme and stick with it.

Naturally, they end up botching the actual gameplay parts and the game ended up horrible and not fun to play at all, but still. The way they just throw everything about the subject matter out the window and just do whatever the hell they want because they think it would be fun is almost inspiring.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
That last part was the best, but the whole episode was awesome. Thanks for the release.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
God drat, what an amazing episode. What an amazing game.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
what the gently caress did I just watch

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can I have a link to the original thread?
I have archives, and I want to read your reactions when you guys heard an episode was going to be taped in the US. :allears:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Pharohman777 posted:

Can I have a link to the original thread?
I have archives, and I want to read your reactions when you guys heard an episode was going to be taped in the US. :allears:

Here's the old thread from when the US trip was first announced. In addition, here's when he came to the US and photos and videos began emerging.

I didn't think anything could come even close to the excitement of that event, but this year's live Pilotwings challenge with the acknowledgement of international faxes was pretty amazing too. I hope there's more in store next year.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 17, 2012

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
Oh thank god! A new episode. I was hoping to god when I saw 97 new posts that this would be the case. drat near about to start learning japanese.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

That Ninja Gaiden poster is amazingly bad.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

You don't like anime grandma love interest?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
I thought I'd wait until more people had seen it to ask this -- but I hope that this doesn't depict what I think it might.

Also "To Catch A Catch Line" is one of the best segments on this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

redmercer posted:

I thought I'd wait until more people had seen it to ask this -- but I hope that this doesn't depict what I think it might.

Also "To Catch A Catch Line" is one of the best segments on this show

:japan: