Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Do you even train?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bike Lane Closed
May 26, 2006

Mistakes were made
How much do you bench?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Do you even have a winning mma record?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
What DVD's have you watched?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Trick question: don't watch fights.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I wish I had more confidence in this before the fights:

Also had 5 on both of them to win so ended up turning 15 bucks into 110, not a bad night

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Just to give you guys something to laugh at tonight.

Ticket#:9229829
Aug 11 10:35 PM
INTERNET / -1 Aug 11 10:54 AM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24063] B. ROBERTS +425
(B. ROBERTS vrs Y. OKAMI)

20 / 85

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i just hope we get some fresh 'u mad' gifs afterwards

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
This is the first fight i can remember in Okamis career where he is a favorite to win inside the distance, bodog has him at even odds to finish Buddy Roberts and him winning by decision I got at +150. I took Okami by decision just to be safe

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'd love to see Bendo win tonight, but the +170 that Frankie is at seems like he's undervalued to me. Something will probably happen that will make me look stupid, but I think the line should be pretty close to even.

The easiest bet I've ever made was Frankie by decision for +450 or so in the Penn rematch. Dude never gets respect from odds makers.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
What are the lines on it being a draw?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

niethan posted:

+3500 i think, become what you were born to be

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I added this for tonight.

Ticket#:9236898
Aug 11 10:10 PM
INTERNET / -1 Aug 11 09:57 PM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24068] J. LAWRENCE +127
(M. HOLLOWAY vrs J. LAWRENCE)

20 / 25

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I placed a cautious bet on jake shields not being very good

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

niethan posted:

do it

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Thanks for the laughs jase1.

(I lost 40 on Frankie)

Doctor Nick
Dec 27, 2003

jase1 posted:

Just to give you guys something to laugh at tonight.

Ticket#:9229829
Aug 11 10:35 PM
INTERNET / -1 Aug 11 10:54 AM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24063] B. ROBERTS +425
(B. ROBERTS vrs Y. OKAMI)

20 / 85

ahahahahahahahaha

tzorilla
Jul 23, 2007
Okami-Shields-Cowboy-Edgar parlay worked until the decision was announced..

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Rousey cant strike for poo poo and she's a -600 favorite. Bet on Kaufman, ya'll.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah but her only loss was an armbar from Coenen, and that's the best thing Rousey has

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I will take Kaufman as a long shot.

Ticket#:9266248
Aug 18 11:35 PM
INTERNET / -1 Aug 16 12:46 AM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24301] S. KAUFMAN +425
(S. KAUFMAN vrs R. ROUSEY)

100 / 425

MacDeuce
Oct 23, 2010
jase1 I like your style and hope to see you throw a grand on Hendo at 151 and have it pay off bigtime.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

MacDeuce posted:

jase1 I like your style and hope to see you throw a grand on Hendo at 151 and have it pay off bigtime.

My bookie only allows $100 max bets so that would be the max if I decide to bet on him. I know practically nothing about MMA except what everyone posts in the MMA threads that I read and I don't think I would bet against Jon Jones unless of course he drives to 151 with a girl other than his wife.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

jase, what site do you use? mine uses the exact same format and ticket numbers.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

tdsports.com my bookie uses that and only pays a fee to use the site. No real money is ever put online it just keeps track of my bets then I pay or collect once a month.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

jase1 posted:

tdsports.com my bookie uses that and only pays a fee to use the site. No real money is ever put online it just keeps track of my bets then I pay or collect once a month.

It sounds like you are paying a shady guy for something you could do yourself.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Captain Log posted:

It sounds like you are paying a shady guy for something you could do yourself.
Well I have been friends with him for a long time and know him really well so I don't think he is shady. I also enjoy betting on credit and not having to worry about funding my account with a credit card online. I am paranoid like that. To each his own though.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

jase1 posted:

Well I have been friends with him for a long time and know him really well so I don't think he is shady. I also enjoy betting on credit and not having to worry about funding my account with a credit card online. I am paranoid like that. To each his own though.

So you are paying more for something you could do yourself? You crazy.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I don't understand how I would be paying more. I pay only what I risk how am I paying more? I don't pay my bookie a fee and I get the same odds as any other site. In confused.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
jase1 if you a real gambler (and it sounds like you are), you should just do it all yourself so you can shop lines and stuff. Kaufman is +575 right now on Sportbook.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

Why is your bookie doing this if he is not being compensated?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

heeebrew posted:

Why is your bookie doing this if he is not being compensated?
My bookie is being compensated by me losing bets and anyone else who loses. He also can lose money to when he has to pay people who win. Do you understand how a bookie works?

Also to answer Dumb White Guys question I don't really care about shopping lines to much because then I would have to have my credit card and personal info on line. I prefer to keep my gambling offline.

Tdsports has none of my info it has real time lines that move and instead of me texting my bookie my picks which I use to do I go online and bet. It's like online bookkeeping without names associated with it. He pays a fee every month to use the site but he gets no extra money from the players only what we win or lose. Whatever I lose in a month he gives me 10% free play for the next month through the site.

jase1 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 18, 2012

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

jase1 posted:

My bookie is being compensated by me losing bets and anyone else who loses. He also can lose money to when he has to pay people who win. Do you understand how a bookie works?

Also to answer Dumb White Guys question I don't really care about shopping lines to much because then I would have to have my credit card and personal info on line. I prefer to keep my gambling offline.

Tdsports has none of my info it has real time lines that move and instead of me texting my bookie my picks which I use to do I go online and bet. It's like online bookkeeping without names associated with it. He pays a fee every month to use the site but he gets no extra money from the players only what we win or lose. Whatever I lose in a month he gives me 10% free play for the next month through the site.

I think it's pretty clear they don't understand how a real life bookie works.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

whoops didn't mean to post

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
If you want to make lots of money, bet big on Rich Franklin over Cung Le. He's around -275 right now and going to murder a small asian man.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
NOOO!!

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Frank Mir is +275 against Cormier. I'm really tempted to put a few dollars on this. Can anyone convince me otherwise?
I do realize Mir falls down quite abit when someone throws a punch in his direction BUT I'm really hoping he uses his ground game before that happens.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Frank Mir won't be able to get Daniel Cormier down. And Mir will get punched, and Cormier is pretty good at punching people. Mir can't seem to take a punch too well.

sooooo yeah

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009

iLikeMidgets posted:

Frank Mir is +275 against Cormier. I'm really tempted to put a few dollars on this. Can anyone convince me otherwise?
I do realize Mir falls down quite abit when someone throws a punch in his direction BUT I'm really hoping he uses his ground game before that happens.

Cormier is a far superior wrestler, is faster, and has more fluid footwork. He also hits pretty hard and has really solid striking technique. You'd have to bet on Mir knocking down Cormier because he isn't likely to get a takedown.

The fight is gonna look like Cormier vs Bigfoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Skip My Posts posted:

I think it's pretty clear they don't understand how a real life bookie works.

Just stick to making fun of people for losing money, guys.