Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

JazzFlight posted:

Oh, hoo hoo, don't worry, chum. I have something special planned for poor Sonic's departure from this earthly realm.

Is there any chance Lazerbot might re-work Sonic into the story vis a vis necromantic brain eating powers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think coyote specifically said something about decapitation making that impossible.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

OrangeGuy posted:

Is there any chance Lazerbot might re-work Sonic into the story vis a vis necromantic brain eating powers?

I don't know about necromantically reviving Sonic, but all the training Tail's is getting is supposed to lead up to a soul-bind with Sonic's soul or however that works.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gently caress that Jazzflight video had me rolling. Jesus its good. I'm so glad I held off in listening to the Aramek VO, because it is simply amazing. Its kind of a shame that pink animal thing has this fantastic British accent, considering what happens to him. Seems like a waste.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Shageletic posted:

gently caress that Jazzflight video had me rolling. Jesus its good. I'm so glad I held off in listening to the Aramek VO, because it is simply amazing. Its kind of a shame that pink animal thing has this fantastic British accent, considering what happens to him. Seems like a waste.
Well, remember, you know who has a British accent and will be featured in Chapter 8?

WIIIIIIILE EEEEEE COYOOOOOOOOOTEEEEEEE!

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

JazzFlight posted:

Alright, alright, alright...
Chapter 4, Part 1 is here, dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwLapAwIwkk

More on the way soon.

Nice use of Wolf's Rain music. Never imagined I'd be seeing Sonic and friends getting the crap beaten of of them to the tune of Darcia's theme. As always, Aramek's voice acting is incredible. I eagerly await Knuckles' return, I think his voice is my favorite of them all.

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009
I'd like to say that I get a kick out of the voiced sound effects. When I was a little kid and drew warriors and robots and poo poo punching and killing each other I'd make my own sound effects as I was drawing. They just seem to fit this material.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Nice use of Wolf's Rain music. Never imagined I'd be seeing Sonic and friends getting the crap beaten of of them to the tune of Darcia's theme. As always, Aramek's voice acting is incredible. I eagerly await Knuckles' return, I think his voice is my favorite of them all.
I think part of the fun of posting each new video is seeing if every piece of anime/game music is identified, no matter how obscure.
I was must surprised by (a lot of) people spotting the Zeta Gundam theme in the last video. I watched that series last year and would be hard-pressed to associate the song with the show off the top of my head.

Maybe that says more about the blandness of Gundam shows...

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JazzFlight posted:

Oh, hoo hoo, don't worry, chum. I have something special planned for poor Sonic's departure from this earthly realm.
Does it involve using Open Your Heart from Sonic Adventure or Sweet Sweet Sweet (credits song from Sonic 2) as the background music? Both contain three times the recommended daily maximum amount of cheese and would fit TGT perfectly.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

quakster posted:

Does it involve using Open Your Heart from Sonic Adventure or Sweet Sweet Sweet (credits song from Sonic 2) as the background music? Both contain three times the recommended daily maximum amount of cheese and would fit TGT perfectly.

I'm hoping it will involve a certain acoustic guitar remix.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

mmmm watcha saaay

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

quakster posted:

In the Rain from Cowboy Bebop is the best sorry.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Undead Unicorn posted:

In the Rain from Cowboy Bebop is the best sorry.
Shhhhhhhhh! You're getting dangerously close to guessing!

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

kidcoelacanth posted:

mmmm watcha saaay

It's all for the best.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
What happened to the Sonic that I used to know?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

gently caress YOUR COUCH!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
"So he was just grinding his muddy rear end earth bending boots into my couch, screaming 'gently caress YO COUCH!' the whole time."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

JazzFlight posted:

Shhhhhhhhh! You're getting dangerously close to guessing!

I know EXACTLY what you're using now, and I have to commend you.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I can't help but visualize Demaro's strings as those cheap fiber optic light-up toys.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mary Annette posted:

I can't help but visualize Demaro's strings as those cheap fiber optic light-up toys.

The final part of my Elmer Fudd cosplay costume has been found.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Come on Lazerbot, please finish this fight already.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Frankston posted:

On the contrary, I'm enjoying this fight a lot more than the Mario vs Troll King fight.

I would love to see an animated series where fighters screaming "gently caress YOUR COUCH!" at each other is made a reality. :allears:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Why... Why does he shout "gently caress you couch"?

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I assume it's a reference to something. My friends in high school would shout it all the time.

Grope-A-Matic
Nov 16, 2008

sigh... you really suck at hand
to hand combat i wont lie and
this is way more challenging
then i thought it would be. to
teach you hand to hand combat,
alright i will try to teach you
some more hand to hand combat

Daionus the 23rd posted:

I assume it's a reference to something. My friends in high school would shout it all the time.

Chappelle's Show. It was the Rick James skit. Also the source of "I'm Rick James, bitch!" and "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Frankston posted:

I agree. This is better than the first fight but now that everyone's showed off their crazy hidden powers it needs to wrap up. It just doesn't feel like anything really funny or important is happening on this page. I've never been a fan of long, complicated fight scenes, though.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The problem is that the fights seem plotted like a manga fight (well like a Naruto manga fight, I can't really compare it to anything else) but those things release 17 pages per week, in one shot, where as the one page per day absolutely hamstrings the momentum of the fight here.

I'd rather he just release the bulk of a fight all at once, and then return to daily pages during everything else. It would add some small breaks, but I think it would be worth it.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
I like the fight, or at least I would if I wasn't on a Mac and was actually able to see it

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Valex posted:

I like the fight, or at least I would if I wasn't on a Mac and was actually able to see it

if you weren't* on a Mac, and seconded.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Daionus the 23rd posted:

It's from this classic Chappelle's Show sketch. Cut to 5:10 for the specific line, but the whole thing's pretty funny.

I gotta say, even in this comic where Elmer Fudd is a necromancer, a Chappelle's Show reference was one of the last things I expected to come up.

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

I can't even front. For me, Lazerbot's original characters just aren't as entertaining to watch in action as the copyrighted guys. I mean except Rob of course.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Robotnik DDS posted:

I can't even front. For me, Lazerbot's original characters just aren't as entertaining to watch in action as the copyrighted guys. I mean except Rob of course.

What about Alex the Emo Troll? He needs no anime power poo poo to kick rear end.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Robotnik DDS posted:

I think it just would have been more fulfilling if he saved some of these "out-of-nowhere" powers like earthbending and robot clones and cloud-beetle forms for the established characters. Like, if he had Arthur be the one to show off the earthbending/cloud-bug power to Tails.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

I really hope the last page of this fight is just spouting awesome one liners.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

quakster posted:

You should use the Akon remix of Sweet Sweet Sweet for something, JazzFlight. It's amazingly terrible.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

You should use the Akon remix of Sweet Sweet Sweet for something, JazzFlight. It's amazingly terrible.

It still amazes me that they got a successful hip hop artist to write lyrics to a 16-bit video game song.

Also the Sonic 2 ending credits theme wasn't even like one of the 20 best songs from the Genesis Sonics.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Robotnik DDS posted:

I just don't care about his original characters at all. Except Rob of course. I didn't even remember Demaro and Garry's names until you guys brought them up.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I just don't care about his original characters at all. Except Rob of course. I didn't even remember Demaro and Garry's names until you guys brought them up.

I don't entirely agree, Troll King and Emo Guy are definitely interesting and well-rounded characters. But as for Gary and Demaro, I can't really bring myself to care. I had a hard time even remembering how they fit into the narrative (though one of them did give us the memorable line 'noobs better run').

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, when I think about it, I agree with Troll King and Emo Troll being interesting, but I just care so little about this fight between Demaro and Garry that I've actually lost track of why this is happening. I think Silver's about to carry out a plan and Demaro wants to stop him and Garry's trying to keep Demaro from stopping Silver?