Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh poo poo the Enclave is apart of Umbrella now? drat I want a Fallout movie :(

Google tells me that Interplay Entertainment tried to develop a Fallout movie in 1998 but the project fell apart. You can read the second film treatment here. It's pretty awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itrorev
Sep 22, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

I haven't seen a Resident Evil movie since the second one(maybe some of the third) but the Retribution trailer looks kind of interesting. Oded Fehr, Michelle Rodriguez and Colin Salmon being in it again is kind of cool

Wait, wait, hold on there...(RE1&3 poilers) Didn't Michelle Rodriguez's and Oded Fehr's characters die? Ah hell why am I asking this... whichever way they're resurrected, no matter how utterly retarded it may be, will be the least ridiculous part about this film.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

itrorev posted:

Wait, wait, hold on there...(RE1&3 poilers) Didn't Michelle Rodriguez's and Oded Fehr's characters die? Ah hell why am I asking this... whichever way they're resurrected, no matter how utterly retarded it may be, will be the least ridiculous part about this film.

And how is Michelle Rodriguez a selling point to any film or TV show ever? She is emotional poison.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

itrorev posted:

I assume they will use an oldie from the series clones

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

BonoMan posted:

And how is Michelle Rodriguez a selling point to any film or TV show ever? She is emotional poison.

I think she's a cool lady.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Actually, from what I saw in the trailer, some of the movie takes place within a VR world where they have Alice trapped to learn whatever from her because I don't know why I haven't seen the last two but it's about the easiest way to bring back dead characters

That said, man did they get a good actor for Wesker.

So. Much. Smugness :smug:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 17, 2012

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

BonoMan posted:

Sounds like somebody's no fun.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I like to think the emphasis on "TAIL!" is someone angrily trying to teach their dog.

"No you stupid mutt, not your paws, shake your goddamn TAIL!"

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Hewlett posted:

Sounds like somebody's no fun.

No she is a terrible actress that ruins anything she's in. She's way too melodramatic and "hey look at me I'm a stone cold badass" in every. loving. scene. And not in a fun B/Campy kinda way, but in just a "lovely actor" kinda way.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It's not possible to be too melodramatic in a Resident Evil movie.

Talks To Cats
Jan 7, 2012
I hate my job and I hate you, but I'll put up with my job because it makes me a shit-ton of money. I can tell you how to do the same...but you won't listen.

I support charity:water with my erotica charity bundles. Water changes everything.
kaboom! entertainment, responsible for such gems as

It seems somehow familiar...

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Talks To Cats posted:

Disney/PIXAR wasn't playing around with them this time. Within a months time, they got that "Brave" subtitle pulled very quickly at least from the Redbox versions.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zzulu posted:

The 2nd resident evil movie is not good. There is nothing good about it. It's bad and it's boring.

Look at how wrong you are.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Talks To Cats posted:

More like Kiara the jaundiced zombie.

:stonk:

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I just watched the trailer for Doggie B, and it is not about a dog who is a DJ at all. I'm strangely disappointed.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

TheJoker138 posted:

Look at how wrong you are.

GTA MOTHERFUCKERS.

Seriously that guy was great.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Seriously. Last Crusade, aka a commercial for Young Indiana Jones, was terrible.

Plus: the wacky adventures of Sean Connery!

See? We'll always be friends, you and I.

Last Crusade blows. It takes all the edgy darkness out of the franchise, and is instead replaced with PG hijinks.

It's just Spielberg pussing out after Temple of Doom (The best Indy movie) was deemed "too dark."

Instead of melting faces and hearts being ripped out, we get a tongue in cheek Hitler joke.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
My brothers! I've finally found you!

Let's us celebrate in the notion that Last Crusade truly is the weakest entry in the series.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

My brothers! I've finally found you!

Let's us celebrate in the notion that Last Crusade truly is the weakest entry in the series.

:shobon: :respek: :shobon:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

So I was thinking about Indian Jones, and how The Last Crusade was unquestionably the best of the series and I figured I would post a poster!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

itrorev posted:

A significant amount of characters that Michelle Rodriguez plays tend to come back from the dead for some reason (Lost, Fast Five)

PS. Last Crusade rules and the tank scene is one of the best action scenes ever

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Kramjacks posted:

So I was thinking about Indian Jones, and how The Last Crusade was unquestionably the best of the series and I figured I would post a poster!

It's one thing to think Crusade is better than Temple, but if you think Crusade is better than Raiders, then you have mental problems, sir. Get a brain scan, get all the scans. PET, CT, MRI, for the love of god, find out what is wrong with your head.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's one thing to think Crusade is better than Temple, but if you think Crusade is better than Raiders, then you have mental problems, sir. Get a brain scan, get all the scans. PET, CT, MRI, for the love of god, find out what is wrong with your head.

I was just playin', lots of non-movie poster talk going on here.
Here's a cool poster!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I always loved the variant Temple poster. It makes men gay for Harrison Ford:

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I watched all four films over the past month or so and I totally agree on the Last Crusade; I still enjoy it, but it's such an obvious slapstick overreaction to Temple of Doom. In fact, I think I enjoyed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull more watching it inline with the others because it makes me appreciate that it isn't Temple of Doom. I remember not liking it as a kid, but rewatching it last week, I almost turned it off before the end. In fact, I kind of wished I hadn't watched them again because I can now only say that there's one and a half good movies in the Indiana Jones franchise.

I also get the same creepy vibe I got from Inglourious Basterds when watching them; particularly Raiders' melting Nazis scene. Knowing Speilberg went on to work on some of the most famous serious WWII projects and he supposedly took a Hitler jibe in such bad taste that he got rid of Megan Fox, I wonder if he watched the dailies of the Ark opening with a big, Eli Roth grin.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Handsome Dead posted:

Knowing Speilberg went on to work on some of the most famous serious WWII projects and he supposedly took a Hitler jibe in such bad taste that he got rid of Megan Fox,

Wasn't that Michael Bay?

Kramjacks fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 19, 2012

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
oh hey I found another cool poster

I like how it gives you an adventure vibe but still makes it seem pretty dark, which Raiders is (especially compared to the others)

Kramjacks posted:

Wasn't that Michael Bay?

now that's a poster

Handsome Dead posted:

I also get the same creepy vibe I got from Inglourious Basterds when watching them; particularly Raiders' melting Nazis scene. Knowing Speilberg went on to work on some of the most famous serious WWII projects and he supposedly took a Hitler jibe in such bad taste that he got rid of Megan Fox, I wonder if he watched the dailies of the Ark opening with a big, Eli Roth grin.

from Ebert's Great Movies thing (there's a lot more than this, it's a pretty good insight into the movie):

Ebert posted:

We know how deeply he feels about the Holocaust. We have seen "Schindler's List" and we know about his Shoah Project. Those are works of a thoughtful adult. "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is the work of Spielberg's recaptured adolescence, I think; it contains the kind of stuff teenage boys like, and it also perhaps contains the daydreams of a young Jewish kid who imagines blowing up Nazis real good. The screenplay is by Lawrence Kasdan, based on a story by Philip Kaufman, George Lucas and an uncredited Spielberg, whose movie is great fun on the surface -- one of the classic entertainments -- and then has a buried level.

Nazis were favorite villains of Saturday serials, prized more for their costumes and accents than for their evil beliefs. Spielberg here makes manifest their values, and then destroys them: "Raiders of the Lost Ark" has all the qualities of an exuberant serial, plus a religious and political agenda. That Spielberg places his message in the crevices of the action makes it all the more effective. "Raiders" may have an impersonal superstructure, but its foundations are personal, and passionate.

I make these points to place it more firmly in the mainstream of Spielberg's work, since "Raiders" is widely enjoyed but just as widely dismissed as something Spielberg tossed off between more important films. It comes between "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" and "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial," films Kael compared to "a boy soprano singing with joy." That voice couldn't be heard in "Raiders," she felt. I think I can hear it: not singing, but laughing, sometimes with glee, sometimes in triumph.

Xenophon fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 19, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Kramjacks posted:

Wasn't that Michael Bay?

Fox made the comment about Bay, and then Spielberg ordered Bay to fire her.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Xenophon posted:

When did Indy have a mustache?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

In honor of V/H/S/...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Ominous Jazz posted:

When did Indy have a mustache?

His facial hair is pretty dark in some scenes, probably because of the lighting or Harrison Ford was too lazy to shave that day

and on the full size poster you can tell he's just lookin' a bit scruffy

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Speaking of Indiana Jones,

Hope we get it outside of the US.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

"Sweet and savvy talking golden retriever, Bailey, is one doggone lucky pooch when his devoted owner, Constance Pennington, leaves him her entire billion-dollar fortune. Bailey is lucky, that is, until he becomes the target of an elaborately-designed dognap scheme hatched by Constance's nasty nephew Caspar and his money-hungry wife Dolores. The despicable duo's wicked plan is to ultimately gain custody of the canine so they can get their greedy paws on his inheritance. Unfortunately for them, there's a thing or two they don't know about Bailey. Not only does he have great street smarts, he has great pals too. Bailey's loyal guardian Ted, kind-hearted animal advocate Marge, her daughter Sam, and a clever border collie named Tessa set out on a hilarious madcap adventure to free their four-legged friend and put the nasty dognappers out of business-for good!"

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
an elaborately-designed dognap scheme

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Aatrek posted:

an elaborately-designed dognap scheme

The worst kind of Dognap SchemeTM.

TIM ALLEN IS: A MONSTER

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

Xenophon posted:

I like how it gives you an adventure vibe but still makes it seem pretty dark, which Raiders is (especially compared to the others)

Darker than Temple of Doom?

Can we just start an Indiana Jones mega thread so I can go into great detail and scream until I'm blue in the face on why Temple of Doom was the best Indy?

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
Here is a new trend in posters that i'm getting a little tired of.
Lets take a pic from the movie (a very low quality one) and use it for our posters.

We got this poster the other day and it's even worse quality then shown in this pic, think the same pic but its dimensions changed to a regular poster and all distorted.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I was hoping this was a sequel to Brewster's Millions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Legion of One posted:

Here is a new trend in posters that i'm getting a little tired of.
Lets take a pic from the movie (a very low quality one) and use it for our posters.

We got this poster the other day and it's even worse quality then shown in this pic, think the same pic but its dimensions changed to a regular poster and all distorted.

I like that poster and I want to see that movie.

Most of what I like about the poster being the placement of the text relative to the angle of the hedge.