Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, when I think about it, I agree with Troll King and Emo Troll being interesting, but I just care so little about this fight between Demaro and Garry that I've actually lost track of why this is happening. I think Silver's about to carry out a plan and Demaro wants to stop him and Garry's trying to keep Demaro from stopping Silver?

Neither of them know anything about Silver's plan. Garry is a Troll, he certainly wouldn't want to help Silver. They're fighting for two reasons: 1. Demaro wants to kill Fudd and eat his brain so he can find out where Wile E. Coyote is. Garry won't let him because the trolls need Fudd to control Robotnik. 2. They're brothers who have hated each other for a long time and this is an excuse to finally try to kill each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

bbf2 posted:

It still amazes me that they got a successful hip hop artist to write lyrics to a 16-bit video game song.

Also the Sonic 2 ending credits theme wasn't even like one of the 20 best songs from the Genesis Sonics.

:goonsay: incoming: Sweet Sweet Sweet was an actual song by Dreams Come True from their 1992 album The Swinging Star. Their bassist, Masato Nakamura, composed all the music for the first two Sonic games and included the song himself. So it actually didn't start out as a 16 bit song. The Akon version actually samples the album version.

Edit: gently caress it, might as well add some more :goonsay: : The Swinging Star was the biggest selling Japanese language album in the world for years - it would be like Michael Jackson composing the music for the game and using a song from Thriller as the end credits theme.

Which is doubly relevant because he did just that for Sonic 3. (except for the Thriller part - the end credits of Sonic 3 are a sped up version of Stranger in Moscow.)

Zonekeeper fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 19, 2012

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I think this has been a good fight, but it should wrap up in a page or two to avoid becoming not good.I hope LB realises that though this fight was enjoyable, it isn't some sort of magic formula he can roll out every time. The crazy one-liners and out-there moves work here because they're unusual. If it was repeated, it wouldn't work.

Fight scenes are hard.

simplefish fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 19, 2012

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

I may be an odd one out but I really kind of dig the originals. It makes it into some weird bizarre Roger Rabbit-like universe where everything co-exists.

Butthole Milk
Sep 26, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Regy Rusty posted:

Neither of them know anything about Silver's plan. Garry is a Troll, he certainly wouldn't want to help Silver. They're fighting for two reasons: 1. Demaro wants to kill Fudd and eat his brain so he can find out where Wile E. Coyote is. Garry won't let him because the trolls need Fudd to control Robotnik. 2. They're brothers who have hated each other for a long time and this is an excuse to finally try to kill each other.

Not to nitpick here, but couldn't Gary just get Demaro to control Robotnick for the trolls in exchange for Elmer? From what I understand, anyone with that neutral necromancy power could do what Elmer is doing.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

FrenchToasty posted:

I may be an odd one out but I really kind of dig the originals. It makes it into some weird bizarre Roger Rabbit-like universe where everything co-exists.

Same here, I like Demaro's ambition. He's a great foil for the Troll King without being anything close to an ally for Shadow, Silver or Tails.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

FrenchToasty posted:

I like to think that the Guy With No Ears, Troll King, Demaro et all are just copyrighten characters from another world; and that in this other world it's Bugs Bunny and Cheetoman who are the original characters.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Butthole Milk posted:

Not to nitpick here, but couldn't Gary just get Demaro to control Robotnick for the trolls in exchange for Elmer? From what I understand, anyone with that neutral necromancy power could do what Elmer is doing.

Maybe all the neutral powers are a little different and he's really good at plant control and other poo poo, but bad at necromancy? I dunno, it's probably something that Lazerbot either plans to address or, more likely, just kinda forgot about during planning.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Butthole Milk posted:

Pretty sure the reason Demaro wrecked Garry's face in the first place is that Garry was trying to get him to work with the trolls.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
For me, it's not that I prefer his originals or the videogame(et al) characters. It's seeing them all together that makes things work for me.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Eeevil posted:

Pretty sure the reason Demaro wrecked Garry's face in the first place is that Garry was trying to get him to work with the trolls.

Yeah Lazy B mentioned that Demaro has entirely different goals then the trolls both in the comments and in the comic.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

What I like is that it's not as if his characters are "fancharacters" or the ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL types of the average fanwork. They're just...his characters, and they just happen to be interacting with Shadow the Hedgehog and Elmer Fudd from time to time.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

bbf2 posted:

Also the Sonic 2 ending credits theme wasn't even like one of the 20 best songs from the Genesis Sonics.

Lies.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
This is getting boring. Lazerbot should probably focus on the main story, 'cause right now I have no loving clue what's going on, there's a ton of storylines on top of each other and nothing makes sense.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Attention Horse posted:

This is getting boring. Lazerbot should probably focus on the main story

Which would be?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Attention Horse posted:

This is getting boring. Lazerbot should probably focus on the main story, 'cause right now I have no loving clue what's going on, there's a ton of storylines on top of each other and nothing makes sense.
I see you haven't read the Wheel of Time yet, then.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lazerbot has something to say to you guys complaining about the fight:

Lazerbot posted:

like Tristan Kavanagh said: i say once a day, if someone wants to view the whole fight at once, they can wait a few days once a fight starts to pace themselves: i mean i really am in a confusing in why some of you are crying about this fight? i understand about the waiting and what not but that problem like tristan said ynnou can wait a while or so to look at it, and i actually see nothing wrong with this fight, i think im doing a pretty good job, i mean you guys are getting alittle anoying, you guys are still awesome, just anoying is all im saying, wait a weak or so and you won't be getting enpatient and you will have lots to see, i mean a page per day is pretty good if you ask me but some of you are way far from kermit its crazy, chill your pills and good day

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Did someone say fight?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

suck on
this bitch

alright never
mind

Okay, that's actually pretty good.

plaindot
Dec 26, 2005
awesome
So tempted to draw fanart of that precious earth bending orangey android... :allears:

This fight is hilarious, and Aramek your voice acting is the best. What did you use to create the robot effect voice?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I didn't care whether or not Gary lived or died until he said, "alright never mind"

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I didn't care whether or not Gary lived or died until he said, "alright never mind"

Screw Demaro, Gary is the most interesting brother.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I think Lazerbot can take as long as he wants with his own work, if you don't like it, then don't feel obliged to read it! Now chill your pills and good day :sun:

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
"Alright never mind"

Oh god that's so much funnier than it really should be.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

alright never mind.

:laffo:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
This fight is much better than the mario/troll king fight because I don't know who's going to win.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Did you guys notice how the laser shield is drawn in a slightly different style than the regular line art? The art that's used for the characters has this slightly fraying pixely quality, while the art for the laser shield is quite smooth and digital-looking. It makes it look a lot more energy-like.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Whoa did Demaro trained with Hello Kitty as well? Alright, never mind.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
Holy poo poo, avatar material much?

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Does anyone else care if I claim this?

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

The Fucky posted:

Welp. I have a new favorite moment. Can't wait til the next poll.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Fucky posted:

This is a man who heard of the Shaolin ideal of battle serenity, and decided to push the technique beyond that all the way to its purest form, battle apathy.

Forge_Pharaoh
Jul 4, 2010
I feel like I should speak up and say that I love the fight scenes just as much as every other part of the comic. Lazerbot seems to be able to insert anime or comic book fight-scene clichés in such a way that they come off as unexpected and really creative. It admittedly is a little more absurdly gripping when an established character like Porky Pig or Mario is involved, but the original characters add a lot of ambiance to the story. It's all a rich tapestry, guys.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

plaindot posted:

So tempted to draw fanart of that precious earth bending orangey android... :allears:

I just did...

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The only thing that I don't love about this fight is that I've been DYING to see Tails train with Arthur. Otherwise it's great.

Also that is some great fanart.

EDIT: Something that's been glossed over: Their plan to have Elmer manipulate Dr. Robotnik's corpse into making robots appears to have worked if Garry is to be believed. That's pretty silly.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 20, 2012

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Young Freud posted:

I just did...

Goddamn this is amazing.

plaindot
Dec 26, 2005
awesome
^-- loving awesome
I'll throw in mine- I hope he wont lose the battle, poo poo!!!! CMON GARY!!!!!

"SUCK ON THIS, BITCH!"

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Young Freud posted:

I just did...

plaindot posted:

^-- loving awesome

"SUCK ON THIS, BITCH!"
AHHHHHH, these two works of fanart are absolutely incredible! Higher resolution shots of either of these, guys?!

plaindot
Dec 26, 2005
awesome
ok, the original is about 3000 px width so here's the 1500x2208 px.. it's not that pretty since I only drew it quick like :shobon: http://i.imgur.com/XXT99.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Young Freud posted:

I just did...

plaindot posted:

"SUCK ON THIS, BITCH!"

:tviv: These are amazing!
It's times like this when I really appreciate that Lazerbot's characters aren't Sonic recolors.