Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I will no longer boo Vince Russo because I should never disrespect an author for his hard work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
That's like the time Bret Hart got pissed at DX for comparing Owen Hart to poop. Maybe it's a Calgary thing?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lance Storm's thing is being a whiner nowadays it seems

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Lance Storm's thing is being a whiner nowadays it seems

I never gave a poo poo about Lance Storm in the ring so why should I give a poo poo what he says outside of it? He's just another guy whose career never advanced past glorified midcarder.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Frot Lesnar posted:

I never gave a poo poo about Lance Storm in the ring so why should I give a poo poo what he says outside of it? He's just another guy whose career never advanced past glorified midcarder.

His matches were pretty good but his views are pretty bad

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

Well we know that LA does not have the most respectful fans in wrestling! I don't even understand the author thing... or any of this, people chant that all the time.

The match was pretty loving boring too. The crowd actually booed after the 10th time the Kimura was locked on half way into the match, and when HHH kicked out of the F5.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

KungFu Grip posted:

The match was pretty loving boring too. The crowd actually booed after the 10th time the Kimura was locked on half way into the match, and when HHH kicked out of the F5.

Is this the first time the fans have turned on face Triple H?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Lance Storm is dumb.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Frot Lesnar posted:

Storm was a lot like a poor man's Mr. Perfect. Slick in execution but he never went anywhere with it. You always felt like he had potential for more but he never ended up showing it. I don't think the guy has had a four star calibre match in his career. Maybe in a tag match or something later against a guy like Bryan Danielson but the only time I thought to myself, "This is going to be a great match" was his TV match with Kurt Angle and that was Kurt at his peak.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

Well we know that LA does not have the most respectful fans in wrestling! I don't even understand the author thing... or any of this, people chant that all the time.

I think he's saying "If you don't like it don't buy it" but that doesn't make sense since you'd have to purchase it to have seen it (legally). Is he arguing against Piracy? That would make no sense in the context. Is he saying that no one should criticize art? Is he saying we should all be thankful to HHH for not screwing over a company that he has a huge amount of stake in? Are we supposed to applaud people for not being massively stupid now?

I liked Lance a lot better when he was just shouting at Vince Russo. Now Russo's gone a lot of people are a lot more obviously stupid.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Is this the first time the fans have turned on face Triple H?

Second. They sang the Goodbye Song at him when Orton punted him.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Second. They sang the Goodbye Song at him when Orton punted him.

They also sat on their hands at Wrestlemania X-8 but that was totally Jericho's fault not the creative team.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

The crowd actually booed after the 10th time the Kimura was locked on half way into the match
Should clearly have thrown a few overhead suplexes in there to mix it up.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I didn't like the tapped out chants simply because it means that tapping out will remain something that top faces will never, ever do.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Miles O'Brian posted:

I didn't like the tapped out chants simply because it means that tapping out will remain something that top faces will never, ever do.

Exactly. There's even going to be less of a chance of Cena or Sheamus ever tapping out now because they're not going to want to risk their top faces receiving that chant.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Thauros posted:

Exactly. There's even going to be less of a chance of Cena or Sheamus ever tapping out now because they're not going to want to risk their top faces receiving that chant.
There's always the 'trapped in submission hold long enough for them to pass out from the pain' spot. But Cena's ABOVE passing out too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lance is pretty much the personification of "No Fun Allowed". Dude seems to hate anything that isn't SERIOUS WRESTLING, which explains why he's had so many Ring of Honor appearances.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Dave Meltzer posted:

Drug addicts always get their Twitter hacked. I'm not talking about Kurt Angle, but Twitter hackers always seem to prey on drug addicts

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

"I'm not saying Kurt Angle is a drug addict, but drug addicts get hacked often and so does Kurt."

Meltzer, you catty bitch, occasionally I love you.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I think he's saying "If you don't like it don't buy it" but that doesn't make sense since you'd have to purchase it to have seen it (legally). Is he arguing against Piracy? That would make no sense in the context. Is he saying that no one should criticize art? Is he saying we should all be thankful to HHH for not screwing over a company that he has a huge amount of stake in? Are we supposed to applaud people for not being massively stupid now?

I liked Lance a lot better when he was just shouting at Vince Russo. Now Russo's gone a lot of people are a lot more obviously stupid.

It looks like he was saying don't be a dick to someone who's invested a lot of time and effort into something, but he worded it in an odd way.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Man, no wonder Abraham Washington lasted so long in WWE. He is WWE's terrible comedy personified.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bocc Kob posted:

It looks like he was saying don't be a dick to someone who's invested a lot of time and effort into something, but he worded it in an odd way.

So then it WAS ok to mock HHH for his performance in that match?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

njsykora posted:

Lance is pretty much the personification of "No Fun Allowed".

Well, he does ask if he can be serious, for a moment.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bocc Kob posted:

Unless that is anti-psychotics as those are all bullshit and trying to kill our children

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Man, no wonder Abraham Washington lasted so long in WWE. He is WWE's terrible comedy personified.

Can someone explain what the joke is? Also you don't get to cruise around as a crusader against censorship and block people.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gonzo McFee posted:

Vince Russo is the Ric Flair of wrestling personalities. He went out there and made everyone else look better. Now that he's gone, everyone is exposed.

Where did you go, Vincent Russo? Wrestling turns its lonely eyes to you. Woo woo woo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

Can someone explain what the joke is? Also you don't get to cruise around as a crusader against censorship and block people.

He's saying the guy is inspirational because AW WAS INSPIRED TO BLOCK HIM!!!! HAHAHA SEE IT'S FUNNY!!!

Good Lord AW is painfully unfunny.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I hear Tony Atlas laughing as I read every AW tweet, it makes things better

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I'm gonna try this now, thanks for the awesome tip buddy. :)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

triplexpac posted:

Welp, I'm going to have to now.

HUHUHUHUHU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Welp, I'm going to have to now.

HUHUHUHUHU
Close, but we need audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AT9luJUReY

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

triplexpac posted:

I prefer him serving as the chorus rhetorically asking "Man why everyone gotta be so mean to Abraham?" after each tweet.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

Joey Ryan posted:

The Young Bucks ‏@NickJacksonYB
Crazy to think it's already been a year since @BookerT5x blackballed us from @WWE.

Joey Ryan just retweeted this.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

El Patron posted:

Joey Ryan just retweeted this.

What's the story behind this?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

maniacripper posted:

The Young Bucks disrespected Booker T and RVD by not shaking their hands and not introducing themselves.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

maniacripper posted:

They asked Booker T if he could pick them up some food from Wendys.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Frot Lesnar posted:

The Young Bucks disrespected Booker T and RVD by not shaking their hands and not introducing themselves.
And Goldust.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

maniacripper posted:

All I know is they had a try out last year when they left TNA and then I never heard anything else about it until they turned up on ROH.

Shame really, the WWE is crying out for a decent tag division.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Perigryn posted:

And Goldust.

Can you really blame someone for not wanting to shake Goldust's hand? Do you know where it's been?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Frot Lesnar posted:

Can you really blame someone for not wanting to shake Goldust's hand? Do you know where it's been?

Terri?