Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

haljordan posted:

Leno still does stand-up gigs all over the fuckin' country.

Who the gently caress pays to see Leno do stand-up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

Artie has talked about this -- I guess there are a lot of corporate gigs that you can do for big money if you can do clean, friendly stand-up comedy. Plus, I'm sure people are willing to go out to a comedy club to see Jay Leno -- he's famous. The Tonight Show isn't the juggernaut it once was, but I would not be surprised at all to find out he draws more people than multiple edgy comedians combined.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Oh god, more bashing Gary's music choices this morning.

Pure gold.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Why haven't I watched the Gary tape every day for the past 7 years?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xij1cfhyj48

Holy poo poo Gary is hiding his face for the entire video, this is so loving awesome

This will always be funny as hell but holy poo poo is it ever creepy.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Vakal posted:

Oh god, more bashing Gary's music choices this morning.

Pure gold.

"These aren't necessarily songs I like or are good, but they tell a story, bawf!"

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

Brocktoon posted:

Never under-estimate the power of those with big hair and big wallets.

You do realize who his target audience is, right? It's definitely not us.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Brocktoon posted:

Looking at his schedule, its places like Atlantic City, Vegas and even Mississippi.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Brocktoon posted:

"These aren't necessarily songs I like or are good, but they tell a story, bawf!"

"It's not that they are the best songs I've heard bawf, but they are the best songs for a first date. And they still hold up."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

"It's not that they are the best songs I've heard bawf, but they are the best songs for a first date. And they still hold up."

I can only imagine some poor rear end in a top hat who paid $30 for Fa Fa Flofly's audiobook and a huge portion of it is just him reading off song names.

edit: Gonna fire up that clip on YouTube right now and use it to ride out the workday.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Gary just seems to have a penchant for embarrassing himself over and over and over again.

The baba booey, the tape, the pitch, the book.

Oh and technobeaver, REE-SEES, the stools, his caps.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

chiz posted:

Gary just seems to have a penchant for embarrassing himself over and over and over again.

I still don't see what was wrong with the stools. Howard's argument was completely ridiculous. "Who eats while watching a sporting event?!"

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I don't think this has ever been linked in here before... But here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb2TeLUfmI4

I PRANK

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Brocktoon posted:

I still don't see what was wrong with the stools. Howard's argument was completely ridiculous. "Who eats while watching a sporting event?!"

That was more hilarious because it really showed Howard's disconnect with normal people, but it was still good Booey beating.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Was Howard live today?

I spent most of last night listening through Tradio calls. The one where the two women go on about a jungle bunny and Artie laughing in the background is mah favvooritteee.

And for some content, here is "Richard's dad is a real man p1" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBesB3sbGA4

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I get annoyed every time I think about the fact that I spent money on Gary's book. It was harribly boring. He's the worst story teller - he includes all of this superfluous information that is not in any way needed to tell the story.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
I thought this was the one book where Baba Booey went from being a pop producer to becoming the producer we all know and remember them for

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Brocktoon posted:

Oh I agree with you on that, I think sometimes people are more into eating and the commercials.

Also: Oh Kelly you poor thing :(

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

chiz posted:

Also: Oh Kelly you poor thing :(

I was getting progressively more angry as I read it too. By the end, I was hoping there was a twist and his crazy mother ended up killing him or something.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Does Robert A. Booey go into his days as a lothario or is he saving that for the sequel?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

I don't think this has ever been linked in here before... But here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb2TeLUfmI4

I PRANK

Wow Howard was furious, that's the most angry I think I've seen him.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

I was getting progressively more angry as I read it too. By the end, I was hoping there was a twist and his crazy mother ended up killing him or something.

it's selling for seventy five bucks signed on ebay.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I just hope that before the show ends, someone will dig up the Gary MTV VJ audition tape.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

an adult beverage posted:

Wow Howard was furious, that's the most angry I think I've seen him.

I'd probably be really upset if Scott the Engineer and Ronnie the Limo Driver tried to do something funny too

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
I stopped listening a while back, has Artie been on?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

I stopped listening a while back, has Artie been on?

No, but his and Nick's show is pretty funny. I laughed way more at that than I have at Stern in the past......Jesus I don't know. He's a little harsh with them sometimes but I love his dynamic with the Twins on his show.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Artie is like a trainwreck on the air, it's pretty good if you can stop yourself from cringing too much, just pretend he is totally putting on his horrible stuff for comedic effect.

Then get depressed that Nick isn't.

I was listening to a show awhile back and he just straight up called one of the twins a bitch, like a reflex, nobody had any idea where it came from and he just pawned it off on him insisting he was calling Dan that instead. Nick is very bitter and angry.

When Artie was talking about Jeff Ross, Nick just hates him and was ragging on him big time, making fun of him for being uhh... funny and moderately successful. It sounded very sour grapes and was strange. Even Artie was like, "Uhh, okay... if you say so" about it. If you can get past some stuff (blatant woman hating and sport jock homophobia) it's a good show. Artie owns.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

chiz posted:

"mac-HINE"

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Smeep posted:

"mac-HINE"

Yet another.

We could do this all night I think.

Also as far as Nick and Artie go, the six and seventeenth of August shows were good. Yeah Nick and Artie can be a little misogynistic and homophobic but that is the demographic.

Maybe they should change it up though for the internet demographic. Maybe they should change their images, I'm thinking two atheist, transexual, vegan, anti-capitalist, anti-american, brony, pokemon playing Redditors.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

I'd probably be really upset if Scott the Engineer and Ronnie the Limo Driver tried to do something funny too
To be fair, Scott was responsible for one of the top show pranks - the Stuttering John Tonight Show audition tape. (Ronnie on the other hand...)

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I am honestly stumped as to whether or not Ronnie is in on the joke. Does he know the reason they gently caress with him is because of his over-the-top reactions? Or, does he really have no clue that he sounds like he sounds like he might be mentally ill when he strikes back at people?

This morning when he was striking back at John Leibermen, "HAHAH YEAH RIGHT JOHN YOU IDIOT" he was like, screaming at John - his volume was so much higher than everyone else he sounded mentally ill.

But then other times it seems like he has NO idea why he is being ridiculed.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Kelly posted:

I am honestly stumped as to whether or not Ronnie is in on the joke. Does he know the reason they gently caress with him is because of his over-the-top reactions? Or, does he really have no clue that he sounds like he sounds like he might be mentally ill when he strikes back at people?

This morning when he was striking back at John Leibermen, "HAHAH YEAH RIGHT JOHN YOU IDIOT" he was like, screaming at John - his volume was so much higher than everyone else he sounded mentally ill.

But then other times it seems like he has NO idea why he is being ridiculed.

Ronnie always gets on my nerves whenever someone tries to criticize him and all he does is parrot back what they say in a sarcastic tone of voice "Yeah I'm an rear end in a top hat", "Yeah I'm a jerk", "OK, whatever."

Vakal
May 11, 2008

haljordan posted:

Ronnie always gets on my nerves whenever someone tries to criticize him and all he does is parrot back what they say in a sarcastic tone of voice "Yeah I'm an rear end in a top hat", "Yeah I'm a jerk", "OK, whatever."

Ronnie isn't a very smart person.

Finklemeyer
Oct 29, 2004
Pants?

Smeep posted:

"mac-HINE"

I lost it at "Florence and the Mac-Hine" this morning. I'd have crashed the car if I hadn't been at a red light. There are few things I find more entertaining than Howard and Fred busting on Gary.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Listening to yesterday's segment busting on Gary's playlist. Holy poo poo is this funny stuff.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Two words:

Gary Puppet

Nothing else on the show compared to Fred working the Gary puppet and Billy working the Jackie puppet

Maybe one of the best segments ever was when Mike Judge did the news as Bevis and Butthead while Fred did the Gary Puppet and Billy worked the Jackie Puppet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zvnkWjE9_Y

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Nick and Artie were insufferable last night over women being allowed to play at Augusta.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Artie is like a trainwreck on the air, it's pretty good if you can stop yourself from cringing too much, just pretend he is totally putting on his horrible stuff for comedic effect.

Just to clarify this, he recently pissed in a cup in the studio and demanded an intern or one of the twins clean it up.

DirectTV wanted to suspend him for this so he rage quit instead.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Nick and Artie were insufferable last night over women being allowed to play at Augusta.

The last bastion... the last places a white man can go and smoke cigars and discuss vaginas and uteruses with other white male friends without having to hear some disgusting vaginaowner piping in with her two cents. RUINED

What's next, blacks in my White House????

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Remember that Artie had that argument years ago with Robin about how no one should have a problem with him going to a tennis match and start yelling and screaming because it's a sports and people should expect it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

Just to clarify this, he recently pissed in a cup in the studio and demanded an intern or one of the twins clean it up.

DirectTV wanted to suspend him for this so he rage quit instead.

Well, he is a diabetic, but he didn't rage quit, he still has his job.