Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

plaindot posted:

^-- loving awesome
I'll throw in mine- I hope he wont lose the battle, poo poo!!!! CMON GARY!!!!!

"SUCK ON THIS, BITCH!"

This one's great too. Looks like he's about to burst into bees at any second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Someone send both of those to Lazerbot STAT!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
He'll see em. Don't worry.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Soonmot posted:

He'll see em. Don't worry.

Yeah, his second fanart video had some really recent ones.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

plaindot posted:

^-- loving awesome

"SUCK ON THIS, BITCH!"

He's like a psychotic Kamen Rider, I love it!

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm making an "anime op" fan video, would it be alright if I used those as stills for it?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

plaindot posted:

^-- loving awesome

"SUCK ON THIS, BITCH!"

poo poo man, it looks straight out TTGL! :c00lbert: Is Garry going to use a drill made of Earth beetles or what?

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Aug 20, 2012

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

As much as I like Lazerbot's characters, the funniest/best ones to me are the throwaway trolls he'll draw up just to be killed shortly after, like the obese trolls in Chapter 1 or the raspberry blue troll with the Fu Manchu mustache from Chapter 8. He just makes them look really lovely because he won't need to draw them again, and I mean that in the best way possible.

He's surprisingly good at making distinct-looking characters, anime as they may be.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Underbite troll will forever be my favorite. Still wish he didn't have to bite it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nice.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
The perspective and motion of the second frame is blowing my mind, it's like Garry's gonna jump right out of my monitor and punch me in the face.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

plaindot posted:

^-- loving awesome

"SUCK ON THIS, BITCH!"

Oh man, my piece looks like poo poo next to this. Although, I will admit, I really just wanted to draw Garry's mask.

If anyone's still interested, the high-resolution image is here.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I've been grappling with how a robot can Earth bend for a couple days now, but I think I've figured it out. I had to connect a few dots, but I think it's kinda air tight, now.

Bending is based on the manipulation of energy--it's unstated but since it's from an Asian fantasy world its clearly supposed to be chi gung. And in the world of Tails Gets Trolled what is the basis for chi gung? Why chee tohs, oh course. And the orange of the Garry robot's suit is the same color as chee toh dust.

Uh poo poo. I think I just won a no prize for a question nobody was asking.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I just think it's funny that the insult-of-choice seems to be "human being", which is exactly what "bender" means in the UK.

So Garry's a massive bender.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Awesome artwork fellas!

Just as a thing, has Garry's name ever been said in-comic?

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

Calico Heart posted:

Awesome artwork fellas!

Just as a thing, has Garry's name ever been said in-comic?

Demaro asks "what do you want Garry" when he first confronts him in Chapter 10. That's how we know there are 2 Rs!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Young Freud posted:

Oh man, my piece looks like poo poo next to this. Although, I will admit, I really just wanted to draw Garry's mask.

If anyone's still interested, the high-resolution image is here.

I thought the way you interpreted the mask was excellent.
It seems to take on a religious aspect, like it was the face of some primal war god.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fresh out of the oven

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

stop running human being

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Man is it just me, or does that emotionless mask of a face look kind of worried? And these action shots are sweet as gently caress.

e: I mean, can you picture the sequence from panel 7 on being the same comic as the first page that came out?

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 20, 2012

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Known uses of Satan String:
  • Animate the dead
  • Bind the living
  • Strangle your enemies
  • Swing from the ceiling like Spiderman
  • Totally kick-rear end yo-yo tricks (presumed)

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Schwarzwald posted:

• Animate the dead
  • Bind the living
  • Strangle your enemies

Add to that:

• Create a bubble shield

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Christ, LazyB has quite an imagination.

Garry, what the hell that is (as far as I can tell), is that he's running the Satan Strings through the vines as conduits soft enough to push through. You don't know where he'll try to hit you from next, because those vines are all over.

I really thought Garry had this sewn up.

Lazerbot, since I know you read the thread, just want to say that though many people have been harsh critics of the fights, I think this fight arc is excellent: innovative, lots of action, and an undiscernable outcome.

Oh, and some great one-liners too.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Add to that:

• Create a bubble shield
You both forgot an important ability.
  • Hanging yourself

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

^^^ what he said

DrSunshine posted:

Add to that:

• Create a bubble shield

• Create a noose to hang yourself

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

simplefish posted:

I think this fight arc is excellent: innovative, lots of action, and an undiscernable outcome.

Personally I find the composition of some of these panels to be very good. Especially the top panel and the action panels at the bottom.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol whatever man they won't do anything.

That perspective change on panel 1 was pretty cool from Lazey's. You might gripe about this fight but he's experimenting more on drawing than on the other combat parts before!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yo OP add the site to the first post, peoples gotta know.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Schwarzwald posted:

• Animate the dead
  • Bind the living
  • Strangle your enemies
  • Raise omnipresent thorned/poisonous vines up from the earth despite not being dead.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
I was gonna say, some of the angles in this are actually really good. This fight is way better than the last one. Keep on trucking, Lazy-B.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

plaindot posted:

^-- loving awesome

"SUCK ON THIS, BITCH!"

Just thought you'd like to see this...

lazerbot posted:

this is one of the best fanart pictures ever, awesome work plaindot, this is just so badass :D great job you skilled bastard

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

kidcoelacanth posted:

Yo OP add the site to the first post, peoples gotta know.

I think we should start a new thread just so we have an OP that is still here. Op hasn't posted here since March.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

simplefish posted:

I just think it's funny that the insult-of-choice seems to be "human being", which is exactly what "bender" means in the UK.

So Garry's a massive bender.

Not the case: 'Bender' is usually used for a massive party/pub crawl. Never heard 'Bender' as refering to homosexuals, and I live in London. As a side note, it's interesting how this worked out, given I've just gone through all 224 pages of this, and seen how it's evolved. Went from general mockery to something to admire.

I just can't help but wish he could type right. For all that it's his style...

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 20, 2012

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009
The bad spelling, grammar, language and formatting are the best parts. They're what seperates lb's comic from a million Sonic fan-works that take themselves too seriously.

When the comic first made it's rounds I felt sorry for lazerbot. I thought he had some real problems. By about page 3 I was rolling, though. It became obvious it was just some anime freak/dude from highschool who liked wrestling too much/stoner having fun.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Bloodly posted:

Not the case: 'Bender' is usually used for a massive party/pub crawl. Never heard 'Bender' as refering to homosexuals, and I live in London. As a side note, it's interesting how this worked out, given I've just gone through all 224 pages of this, and seen how it's evolved. Went from general mockery to something to admire.

Hmm. Midlands boy myself. Words like "Woofter" were getting out of vogue by the time I was growing up, so as well as location, perhaps it was out of fashion by your teenage years (depending on your age)?

But I know it's certainly in parlance, as a Google search for "he's a bit of a bender" (with quotes) readily shows. Or, you know, on this very subject, read here:
http://screenhead.com/2010/08/british-audiences-laugh-at-last-airbender-due-to-mistranslation/

I'm going to quit derailing here, and go back to the comic.

I have to say, I love the particle-type effects in panel 14. Anybody else care to speculate for Garry on just what the hell that it by his foot?

simplefish fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 20, 2012

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Bloodly posted:

You live in London and you've never heard bender referring to a gay person? That's pretty odd, because I'm in London too and it's a commonly used word, almost depressingly so.

Maybe discussing homophobic insults in this thread isn't such a hot idea now that I think about it.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
I wonder if Demaro was inspired by Hiei from Yu Yu Hokusho.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

MustelaFuro posted:

I wonder if Demaro was inspired by Hiei from Yu Yu Hokusho.

That was my thought when he first appeared, too. I'd consider it likely.

\/\/\/\/\/ Yu Yu Hakusho wasn't that obscure, was it? It was on Toonami, at least.

How old is Lazerbot, anyway?

Well Manicured Man fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 20, 2012

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Well Manicured Man posted:

That was my thought when he first appeared, too. I'd consider it likely.

I don't think Lazerbot's seen 20 year old anime that got passed around on VHS tapes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009
Yu Yu Hakusho was popular as hell in the States back in the early to mid 2000s.