Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I loving love SA22 RX-7s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Paul Boz_ posted:

That's what I get for posting from my phone :( I was so excited, too :(

In your defense, it is a pretty good photoshop. It probably gets everyone the first time they see it.

I just noticed that whoever did it also removed the Acura badge.

Fimbulvetr
Sep 3, 2007
Hardest metal known to man.

Boomerjinks posted:

Just posting my favorites from my favorite thread. You guys find the best stuff.

What car is that?

Adding this;

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

I need that as a poster for the garage I don't have. Awesome.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

bolind posted:

Stumbled upon this on my way home yesterday:

Some sort of stretched, Ute'd Mercedes. Possibly an old hearse? It had ads for a body shop on the back and was sprayed in that color changing purple paint.

Edit: a lookup in the rego db says it's an E280...

It's a flower car, used in Mafia funerals everywhere!

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Blinken posted:

The most dangerous thing in the world is when you start feeling like your current cars are too dependable and rust free so you start looking around the web for "inspiration".

What model car is this? I know it is a Toyota.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Third gen Celica liftback. IMO the high point of Celica design.

VVVVV Ahh yeah, that's even more correct. But the Mk II Supra was still a "Celica Supra" back in the day.

Guinness fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 20, 2012

Doctor Londom
Feb 24, 2006
I'm gonna get to the bottom of this and I don't give a fuck if you're at the top.

b0nes posted:

What model car is this? I know it is a Toyota.

MkII Supra

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

If this isn't AI, I don't know what is:

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Also:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Countdown to when Boomerjinks makes money off a Sockington calendar.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

:colbert:

Nathan Explosion
Aug 14, 2006
A whole new rainbow of pain!

Fimbulvetr posted:

What car is that?

Thats a GAZ M20. An old soviet car. Cant pin down the exact year though. I found another photo of it.

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
Austin sprites always look so happy!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Sat behind this thing on the Holloway Rd this evening. Have never, ever appreciated the stop-start nightmare of that road until today.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Was at Road America on Saturday for the ALMS race. Owned so hard.

Full set here

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ugh, there should've been an Indycar race to go with it. :sigh:

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Casu Marzu posted:

Was at Road America on Saturday for the ALMS race. Owned so hard.

Looked through the entire album; great pictures! I'm absolutely in love with both of those ZR1s. That Viper front end is fantastic too. Needless to say, I'm super jealous and would have loved to be there.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I feel like such an rear end in a top hat living in Wisconsin and having never been.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

http://btwl.tumblr.com/

Couple of nice car shots at that tumblr

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Couple of my favorites from work:

Dream cars... :allears:

:black101:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Preoptopus posted:

I feel like such an rear end in a top hat living in Wisconsin and having never been.

This was my first time at Road America. It's so loving awesome. Already planning to make it back down for the SCCA runoffs in September.

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

IOwnCalculus posted:

Ugh, there should've been an Indycar race to go with it. :sigh:

Maybe we can consolidate Indy into this thread too!

Content:

jvick fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 21, 2012

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

ACEofsnett posted:

Saw this earlier today in a commuter parking lot. Having found his build thread, this is exactly what it appears to be. A VW tdi swapped 1974 Corvette.

It's a pretty brutal swap in execution, but appears to be completely functional.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=319973

Edit : My hosting

So what's the silver tank for? Fuel?

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

Throatwarbler posted:

So what's the silver tank for? Fuel?

My guess is coolant or oil. Don't know why the resevior had to be there though.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

So, this trailer showed up today...

Something awesome was inside.

It's a Agera R!

Dive planes on the front for additional downforce. They're also the same awesome blue carbon fiber the stripes on the hood are. Depending on which way you look at them, they're blue or black. Once saw a whole Veyron in this color. It's a lot cooler in small doses.

The trunk / boot upfront is VERY small. Then again, it's big enough to fit the roof or a couple of bags of press material. So if you're looking for a family car. This is not the car for you.

With crazy doors you can open next to a curb! They're high enough a normal curb won't bother you. Actual millage may vary. The doors are VERY cool. They actually have a damper in them that means they can't "slam" open. You can throw them with all your strength or loose them in a gust of wind but they won't open that hard.

Inside is hard to see. It's mostly Alcantara with a splash of leather. Very luxurious. The back wall is white leather, amazing. You can also see the "blue" side of the carbon fiber from this angle. You can also see the door release button and they key slot. The key is a proximity fob, but just in case the battery is dead, there is a hole. Was not allowed to sit inside. The car isn't mine after all.

Twin tubo V8 putting out a piddly 1170 hp. If you look to the left of the gear box, the silver you see is the floor of the car. There is NOTHING back here but engine and frame. The weird crooked bar seemingly asymmetrically placed on top of the gear box / suspension housing is actually the antiroll bar equivalent.

Holy poo poo! It's Christian von Koenigsegg. Awesome guy, really into his car and it shows. He spent a lot of time just showing us everything about the car and answering all our silly questions about it. He had a dream and went for it. I really admire that and I'd love to buy a car off him but I'm not that rich.

The cap on the left is washer fluid. It has the Koenigsegg shield on it, but the picture washed it out. The brake cooling duct is kevlar. You can also see that the harnesses for the car apparently come with it. I was also told the wheel bearings are off a helicopter as they could not find a normal car bearing that was stiff enough.

Left parked next to a Prius. Somehow fitting. You can also see the blue stripes from this angle.

Today was a awesome day.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I like how each new model is the natural progression from the previous without losing the aesthetic appeal that makes it so recognizable and iconic.

If only other manufacturers would do the same. I'm looking at you BMW. :smith:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

FIRST TIME posted:

I like how each new model is the natural progression from the previous without losing the aesthetic appeal that makes it so recognizable and iconic.

I feel your pain :( This was the last good-looking BMW:

Iconic Racism
Apr 8, 2009

FIRST TIME posted:

I too shared this sentiment until I was fortunate enough to attend a seminar hosted by Mr Bangle himself. He explained that basically design at BMW was stagnating, a point he proved by putting a 3 series, C Class and A4 next to each other and deleting their 'iconic' features aka, grill, headlight, etc. All the cars were identical. He had to do things the way he did. Porsche's iconic feature is its body, so they have it real easy when maintaining brand identity.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
I rode around in this Icon FJ yesterday to find a suitable place for photographs. While it is pretty drat cool I don't know how I feel about the $150k+ price tag.

Fimbulvetr
Sep 3, 2007
Hardest metal known to man.

Nathan Explosion posted:

Thats a GAZ M20. An old soviet car. Cant pin down the exact year though. I found another photo of it.

It's wonderful. Thank you very much :).

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I love this film so much. It's just so loving stupid.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
So a buddy of mine has been working on this 240
Its kind of dusty.

He put in a screen

Oh thats neat. Its a custom built touch screen running TunerStudio hooked up to Megasquirt.

He put some brakes on it to be safe.

Cause this poo poo is quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Is there anything on that car that isn't knockoff ebay special? Those brakes terrify me.