Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Casu Marzu posted:

Was at Road America on Saturday for the ALMS race. Owned so hard.

Thanks for the photos. That was a great race with an exciting finish, but even though the corvettes are 1 and 2 in points, I never seem to catch the races they win. Also what is wrong with ESPN that they make us stream the races live on the website and not show them on tv until a day later? Also will anyone here be at the Baltimore race?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Devyl posted:

I feel your pain :( This was the last good-looking BMW:

Counterpoint:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Bojanglesworth posted:

I rode around in this Icon FJ yesterday to find a suitable place for photographs. While it is pretty drat cool I don't know how I feel about the $150k+ price tag.

Are there more photographs? Tell us more! I irrationally want an Icon FJ so bad.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Safety Dance posted:

Are there more photographs? Tell us more! I irrationally want an Icon FJ so bad.

Yeah, I just uploaded a few more. I have about a half dozen more to edit still but here is the gallery:

http://shootjoec.photoshelter.com/gallery/Designo-Icon-FJ/G0000CmoLX5yyMEE/C0000AYoE3JXKbsQ

It is definitely a really sick vehicle and was a ton of fun to have out in the rain/mud. If I somehow fell into $150k I would go for the Bronco personally, but the FJ is awesome.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Do you have a picture of the dash that doesn't have the aperture stuck wide open? It looks gorgeous and I'm curious what gauge is below what I think is the speedo.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Devyl posted:

I feel your pain :( This was the last good-looking BMW:

I've been looking at these, and I dare say it's one of the last of the models focused solely on going fast too. The Z4M doesn't compare because it's not as focused. Knowing BMW somehow they'll make the USS ///M6 run the 'ring faster.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

davebo posted:

Also what is wrong with ESPN that they make us stream the races live on the website and not show them on tv until a day later? Also will anyone here be at the Baltimore race?

That is the tv package ALMS negotiated with ESPN this year. It makes a lot of sense actually - the people that want to watch the whole thing live will (getting direct viewership stats in the process), and the casual fan who goes "oh hey some cool cars" while flipping through channels the next day get a nicely edited highlights package that can play up the excitement a bit. I love endurance racing, but it's more of a background noise kind of thing than something I actively watch most of the time. Listen for the announcers to get excited, then pay attention.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Do you have a picture of the dash that doesn't have the aperture stuck wide open? It looks gorgeous and I'm curious what gauge is below what I think is the speedo.

I'm sure if you spent one minute on Google you could probably find all of the photos you want that don't have "the aperture stuck wide open."

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
I already posted these samples in the previous thread right before it was closed, but the rest of the images are now here: https://picasaweb.google.com/111416010640150292517/GrandRace2012?authkey=Gv1sRgCIPd8qza-LujzwE

Here's an incar video: Last on the grid to first to off the track on a damp track with a approx. 250hp ja 750kg Hilmann Imp. I think it has a supercharged Hayabusa engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwGWObVC_9w

Edit: Two more incars:

1. Locost on a dry track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYsi09shQtI

2. FIA pre '66 Spitfire giant slaying on a wet track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6kDw3xZI6g

The sample pics:

DoLittle fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 21, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bojanglesworth posted:

I'm sure if you spent one minute on Google you could probably find all of the photos you want that don't have "the aperture stuck wide open."

Hey, buddy, your pictures suck dick. Could you please be so nice as to provide me with the angle and f.stop I'm looking for?

THANXIES

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Das Volk posted:

I've been looking at these, and I dare say it's one of the last of the models focused solely on going fast too. The Z4M doesn't compare because it's not as focused. Knowing BMW somehow they'll make the USS ///M6 run the 'ring faster.

What about the E92 GTS? Good on BMW for continuing the "hardcore track variant" of the M3, the GTS seems like an evolution of the CSL.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
http://bringatrailer.com/2012/08/20/ferguson-ff-prototype-1965-ford-mustang-4wd/

Prototype 4WD Mustang.

Pictures aren't all that great, but it's quite an interesting concept.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hey, buddy, your pictures suck dick. Could you please be so nice as to provide me with the angle and f.stop I'm looking for?

THANXIES

Basically. Next time I am on a shoot Ill be sure to PM Maker of Shoes to make sure I am doing it right.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwiywGK7frY

I would rock the poo poo out of that Brat.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Das Volk posted:

The Z4M kinda sucked at everything but looking at.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

kastein posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwiywGK7frY

I would rock the poo poo out of that Brat.

This makes me sad that I did not buy the '80s GL wagon that had a lift kit on it and a ej22 motor swapped in it. Also makes me want to buy/install a lift kit on my girlfriends outback while she is out of town.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

:downs: The car. Who's a special lil' guy? You are!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bojanglesworth posted:

Basically. Next time I am on a shoot Ill be sure to PM Maker of Shoes to make sure I am doing it right.

Would you? You seem to be around neat cars far more than I am. :3:

(It looked like that dash was a one off so I didn't GIS it, thanks for the heads up. And I didn't mean to sound crass, I was actually curious what the cluster looked like)

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 21, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

gently caress

I've got such a boner for Panteras.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Casu Marzu posted:

Was at Road America on Saturday for the ALMS race. Owned so hard.

Did you see a bunch of assholes on scooters and a rented (and de-governed!) golf cart with a huge pirate flag hanging off the back? Because that was us :buddy:

Anyway, this is my favorite picture my buddy took that weekend. Granted it looks like rear end because I stole it off of his facebook for the sake of a picture thread. I can probably get the full rez version if someone really wanted it.

Preoptopus posted:

I feel like such an rear end in a top hat living in Wisconsin and having never been.

We've been going for the last four years or so. This year we had a group of six, and between us, we each payed about $200 bucks-which payed for the entire race weekend, four campsites, and all of our food and beer. It's such a great time, and the area and scenery is beautiful. Not to mention all of the awesome cars people drive up there.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
How loud was it? I'm going to the ALMS race in a few weekend's time and would rather keep my hearing intact.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

gently caress

I've got such a boner for Panteras.

Oh good.

The first one is an old point and shoot from a bajillion years ago at Pavilions (Phoenix). I'm pretty sure the GT40 was a kit but it was still gorgeous despite my Pantera boner.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

The :420::420::420: on the spoiler is a nice touch :catdrugs:

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
The ICON Bronco really is something amazing. The Singer Porsches too

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Olivil posted:

The ICON Bronco really is something amazing. The Singer Porsches too

I agree, I really like them a lot. Its nice to have reliability in something "old."

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
That "new" e-type that was on TGUK was quite cool too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I understand what the new E type was going for but I actually really, severely didn't like it. Not that I'm in the market for one anyways though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Negromancer posted:

This makes me sad that I did not buy the '80s GL wagon that had a lift kit on it and a ej22 motor swapped in it.

That video makes me sad that there aren't more people out there 'wheeling the poo poo out of their Bajas. Seriously. One Baja in the entire video.

Goddamnit I miss my Baja. :(

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Phone posted:

How loud was it? I'm going to the ALMS race in a few weekend's time and would rather keep my hearing intact.

It's goddamn loud. Bring earplugs.

T-Square posted:

Did you see a bunch of assholes on scooters and a rented (and de-governed!) golf cart with a huge pirate flag hanging off the back? Because that was us :buddy:

Anyway, this is my favorite picture my buddy took that weekend. Granted it looks like rear end because I stole it off of his facebook for the sake of a picture thread. I can probably get the full rez version if someone really wanted it.

We've been going for the last four years or so. This year we had a group of six, and between us, we each payed about $200 bucks-which payed for the entire race weekend, four campsites, and all of our food and beer. It's such a great time, and the area and scenery is beautiful. Not to mention all of the awesome cars people drive up there.

I believe I did see you. :hfive:

Next year I'm gonna plan for the whole weekend. So much fun and there's so much going on.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Casu Marzu posted:

It's goddamn loud. Bring earplugs.

Yep - the ALMS cars were easily the loudest the entire weekend at Long Beach. I'd say the Patron Ferraris might've been the single loudest cars there. The turbocharged Indycars can easily be done without earplugs, the naturally aspirated Indy Lights and other sports car series can maybe be done without them, but those big uncorked NA engines in the top level ALMS cars are just deafening.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Apparently cell-phone pics are ok here so long as the cars are cool, so I'm X-posting these from the terrible pics thread:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I could swear that white car is a late 50s Buick of some sort, but I'm honestly not sure.

e: definitely a 1959 Buick. The slanted "angry eyebrows" were new for 1959 and they made them a lot less prominent and brought the headlights further forward for 1960.

e2:
original filename "59buick-front.jpg" on GIS

kastein fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 22, 2012

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Hah, figured it out at the same time /\/\

Yep, it sure is. It's a Buick Electra. Dunno why I had it in my head that it was a mopar, must be the swoopy front end, Dodges from that era had ridiculous(ly awesome) looking front fascias.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
If I didn't lurk in AI all the time, I never would've learned about one of the coolest car projects ever:

The Kirkham Motor Sports Aluminum Shelby Cobra.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Some random pics I've found, being sick and at home.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
The year is 2006.
This is the future that never was, thanks to the Great Recession.

This is a past that was. Rent on Friday, steal the engine, race on Saturday.

Just for the hell of it, a quick tribute to SAAB.

Can anyone identify this happy man? Hint: he is not astride one of his company's products.

Yes, this is the 2006 New York International Auto Show. The reason nobody's there is that it's Press and Industry Day. I get to be Industry. I've got a few more years. Shall I continue to post the highlights? The museum pieces are most excellent.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Aug 22, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Warcabbit posted:

The year is 2006.
This is the future that never was, thanks to the Great Recession.
:(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

Hot Wheels anyone? :getin:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Warcabbit posted:

Just for the hell of it, a quick tribute to SAAB.

"Dammit, who let Sven run the louver-press again? :argh:"

Really cool car otherwise, I had no idea SAAB made a swedish-corvette thing. E: oh it's Sonett prototype, only 6 were made. Cool.

The rest of the pictures are awesome as well, keep posting them.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

I will never get tired of this car. Ever. I know there are only a few pictures of it, but I love them every time I see them. There's a Mangusta done up like this as well, yeah? Those old Avons are sex.