Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I was using the random comic button on the new Tails Got Trolled website to find one to narrate. Naturally, the Kermit speech was the first one to come up.

The second one, however, was the troll-off between Silver and Underbite Troll. Here's what I managed before I shredded my vocal chords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

Bloodly posted:

Not the case: 'Bender' is usually used for a massive party/pub crawl. Never heard 'Bender' as refering to homosexuals, and I live in London. As a side note, it's interesting how this worked out, given I've just gone through all 224 pages of this, and seen how it's evolved. Went from general mockery to something to admire.

I just can't help but wish he could type right. For all that it's his style...

In that case it's northern slang, since I've heard it a lot.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I've been grappling with how a robot can Earth bend for a couple days now, but I think I've figured it out. I had to connect a few dots, but I think it's kinda air tight, now.

Bending is based on the manipulation of energy--it's unstated but since it's from an Asian fantasy world its clearly supposed to be chi gung. And in the world of Tails Gets Trolled what is the basis for chi gung? Why chee tohs, oh course. And the orange of the Garry robot's suit is the same color as chee toh dust.

Uh poo poo. I think I just won a no prize for a question nobody was asking.

Keep smoking that smart weed, bruv

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I think the funniest thing in this series is that actually the plan that worked best was Knuckles: Just chill and smoke some weed with the trolls.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
In a sense, you can thing of Tails Got Trolled as a sort of morality play.

plaindot
Dec 26, 2005
awesome
That's Lazerbot's plan all along- make peace with the trolls/violence wont solve anything!!!

Oh man, glad LB liked it haha, did he say it in his facebook? (Got none of his)

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Schwarzwald posted:

In a sense, you can thing of Tails Got Trolled as a sort of morality play.

Remember, the whole ordeal (E: by which I mean the comic) started with a couple of Trolls bullying Tails so hard he ran home crying and was scarred for life. Ergo, the ultimate point of "Tails Gets Trolled" is "Bullying is very wrong. Look at all the pain it causes! Look at what it makes people do to each-other!"

I salute thee, Laserbot. This is truly a tale for our generation.

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 21, 2012

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Rahonavis posted:

Remember, the whole ordeal started with a couple of Trolls bullying Tails so hard he ran home crying and was scarred for life. Ergo, the ultimate point of "Tails Gets Trolled" is "Bullying is very wrong. Look at all the pain it causes! Look at what it makes people do to each-other!"

I salute thee, Laserbot. This is truly a tale for our generation.

While the comic starts with the Trolls bullying Tails, the story starts when people of the past bullied the man who would become the Troll King. In seeking retribution on his oppressors, the Troll King himself became an oppressor. And now, many people seeks retribution on the Troll King.

If Shadow, Mario, Tails, or Silver succeed in defeating the Troll King, would it really change anything? Or would it have only replaced one troll with a greater troll?

Ultimately, the battle isn't with the Troll King, but with one's self.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It's not a new message, but one that people keep readily forgetting: 'The abused become abusers', 'An eye for an eye makes everyone blind' and so on.

And most are aware of how anonymity makes people become completely different people-both in the sense of being freer with more damaging with the insults along with being more willing to commit other actions(Hell, consider the mess Lazerbot ended up in-hacked, effectively having a minor case of ID theft), and more obsessive about being right, getting a reaction, or getting praise(Lazer didn't care(Which is really something), the other guy went completely ballistic).

Fighting it can work, but isn't the true answer.

Shine on, Sage Kermit and Sage Pac. And that in itself felt so damm right-they're so old in terms of reality and the comic.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 21, 2012

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

DrSunshine posted:

He's like a psychotic Kamen Rider, I love it!

So he's Kamen Rider Shin?

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

simplefish posted:

I have to say, I love the particle-type effects in panel 14. Anybody else care to speculate for Garry on just what the hell that it by his foot?
i got to lay out some
traps

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think Lazerbot's seen 20 year old anime that got passed around on VHS tapes...

I'm 19 years old and I own all four seasons. :colbert:

It was also on Toonami for a few years way back when.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Lazerbot just messaged to tell me there's a new page. :syoon:

if i lose him in my eye vision he can sneak attack my real me

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Coyote is more powerful than this guy?

I'm becoming more curious as to what role Demaro is going to play in the larger conflict. Will the Trolls end up having to team up with everyone else to take him down???

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He's got the 'enigmatic final boss guy' thing in spades. Anyway, Garry is definitely going down at this point, R.I.P. you loving human being.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
Garry could probably win this fight if he didn't feel the compulsive need to shout "gently caress you human being" moments before each attack.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

spregalia posted:

Garry could probably win this fight if he didn't feel the compulsive need to shout "gently caress you human being" moments before each attack.

There are some things you should never surrender.

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

It's cool to see that Lazerbot is lightening the comic for those of us with dark screens. I can actually see things now.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I finally dug up my old dA account to personally give lazerbot some compliments on his wonderful comic only for an imposter(?) to rush in and attempting to convince me that he, in fact, is lazerbot. I suggested that they should have a troll off but I'm a little confused.

edit:
what the gently caress is this
poo poo?

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 21, 2012

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A few weeks ago some guy hacked the Lazerbot deviantart account. Tailsgetstrolled1 is the real Lazerbot now. The OP hasn't been updated because the guy who originally posted this thread hasn't been around since March.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
What kind of guy would hack a deviantart webcomic artist's acc- oh right, the trolls. Thanks for the heads up.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That first panel is actually almost a good drawing, like unironic artistic improvement.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
See, it's funny, because he draws better than I could ever do. I have no art powers.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
It might be worth it to make a new thread with an active op so we can update it with new links and poo poo.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It might be worth it to make a new thread with an active op so we can update it with new links and poo poo.
I'm gonna miss the rich history in this thread and all the reactions to each new piece of content, but I agree. We'll need a new OP with links to the comic website, lazerbot's facebook & deviantart pages, fan-art, music/videos, maybe all those character descriptions, etc...

plaindot
Dec 26, 2005
awesome
GARRY NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! My fav is dying :(

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

plaindot posted:

GARRY NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! My fav is dying :(

But will BOTH die? That is the question that should be asked...

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
That first panel blew me away when I scrolled onto it. I thought it was somebody's overachieving fan art for a second.

Christ, LB is getting good.

edit: I mean, I'm not even sure what's happening in this fight anymore but I'm totally swept up in it anyway.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can't a mod be cajoled into making someone else the OP or thread owner?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Or someone could just make a new thread and have a mod lock this one.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
I like the idea of a new thread, that links to this one as a history, but is run by an OP that is actually around.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm all for that as well.

Moreover, I'm rooting for Demaro in this - I've always had a thing for satanist villains.
also i drew this:

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 21, 2012

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
I say keep this thread until we break the SA servers. An easier solution would be someone creating a massive effort post (and maintaining the post) linking all the fan art, songs, and TGT strips and a mod just editing the OP to direct new readers to that post.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

spregalia posted:

I say keep this thread until we break the SA servers. An easier solution would be someone creating a massive effort post (and maintaining the post) linking all the fan art, songs, and TGT strips and a mod just editing the OP to direct new readers to that post.
And then when something else is added we have to ask the mod to add it to the op again?

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
No, just add it to the new post. All the OP needs is a link to that.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

So Garry and Garry 2 have linked vision and minds, basically? That's pretty cool. Shame they're about to die.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm betting that there will actually be more cyborg Garries and that he therefore won't die all the way.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I'm loving the return of fan art. Keep em coming. I may give one a try myself.

Adiesome
Aug 27, 2007
Portmanteaus are convenient
I think Lazerbot is making a conscious effort now to showcase his original characters. I mean they're still funny and everything, and I like Lazerbot, but the main reason I keep up with this comic is because I want to see nostalgic icons from my youth trying to kill each other in amusing ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Adiesome posted:

I think Lazerbot is making a conscious effort now to showcase his original characters. I mean they're still funny and everything, and I like Lazerbot, but the main reason I keep up with this comic is because I want to see nostalgic icons from my youth trying to kill each other in amusing ways.

We're only 8 pages into this chapter. The last chapter had a good deal of Troll Slaiyers and Defenders characters, so I wouldn't say he's given up on the others just yet.