Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

maniacripper posted:

What's the story behind this?

They apparently never broke character once during their entire try-out with WWE. There were similar reports during their time in TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

El Patron posted:

All I know is they had a try out last year when they left TNA and then I never heard anything else about it until they turned up on ROH.

Shame really, the WWE is crying out for a decent tag division.
I imagine this twitter rant didn't help their case:

quote:

It’s funny how everyone on the dirt sheets get so mad about unprotected chair shots. They say its to dangerous to the head. It’s to dangerous to the head?! Obviously. But if you guys were so worried you should be more worried about a normal back bump. Falling on the mat from any type of impact is like a small car crash. R heads bounce from the mat and it’s extremely more dangerous. Should we stop taking back bumps than? In my opinion it’s the same impact to the head. I should know because I’ve taken both before. But I’ve never gotten a concussion from chair shots. They’ve mostly been from bumps on the ring mat. Everything in wrestling is dangerous. If ppl were really concerned about us wrestlers health, than wrestling all together would be banned.
As Lance Storm said, "If you're hitting your head on the mat every time you take a back bump, you've been trained wrong".

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the last Young Bucks match I saw in ROH it was pretty noticeable that they never tucked their chins in.

It's like a hockey player never learning to keep their head up. You kind of deserve the concussions if you think you're so beyond fundamentals.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

Former WWE superstar Chris Masters Tweeted a photo on Sunday afternoon that got a lot of people questioning his mental state and his well being.

Masters tweeted a shirtless picture of himself holding a gun to his head with the caption, "My only fear of death reincarnation!" If holding a gun to his head isn't a bad enough sign, he was also holding a drink in his other hand, which could mean he was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the stunt.

Masters posted an apology on Monday:

"I apologize to those who took the gun pic serious.Wasnt real!And I am not suicidal at all.But why are we all so uptight nowadays.Just a pic!"
:stare:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Memento 2: Masterpiece Theater

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Memento 2: Masterpiece Theater

John C killed my push.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Frank Turner's really bulked up. And let himself go.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

quote:

My only fear of death reincarnation!

Chris Masters posted:

I apologize to those who took the gun pic serious.Wasnt real!And I am not suicidal at all.But why are we all so uptight nowadays.Just a pic!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Send those pics to TFR.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
This better not hurt his status for Aces and Eights.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

gently caress, another wrestler I would have been better off not knowing more about. :(

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Oatgan posted:

They apparently never broke character once during their entire try-out with WWE. There were similar reports during their time in TNA.

What character?

His breasts look weird.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

William Regal posted:

Watching #Raw and have just seen The Ryback use the reverse suplex that I used to do and realised I used to be his mentor on NXT.#Skippy

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

William Regal posted:

William Regal @RealKingRegal
Or was it yup yup yup.It doesn't matter,it was double rotten.

William Regal William Regal @RealKingRegal
Now giggling like a nutter thinking about when The Ryback used to have to come out to my music.#Yippedyyipyipyip.
:allears:

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Whooaaaa did you guys know Shad's twitter display picture is him with an armful of puppies?

https://twitter.com/Shadbeast

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

DannoMack posted:

Whooaaaa did you guys know Shad's twitter display picture is him with an armful of puppies?

https://twitter.com/Shadbeast

That may very well trump the best Cena picture.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I love that Regal's calling The Ryback by his proper name too.

:allears: Shad looks like such a great guy from his tiwtter feed. Respectful, fun, friendly, and puppies (Not the kind Lawler likes)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Flameingblack posted:

:allears: Shad looks like such a great guy from his tiwtter feed. Respectful, fun, friendly, and puppies (Not the kind Lawler likes)

My girlfriend and I met Crime Time at a WWE event a few years back. They were both very nice dudes. My girlfriend said she was a big fan, which she was, but then they asked her what the "Crime Time word of the week" was (or whatever they did on their WWE.com video). Of course we didn't know that and looked like FOOLS

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Chris Masters has several poorly formatted thoughts to share about the reaction to his gun pics.

quote:

Considering wrestlings history and recent events I do regret that posting.I know the dark history of this Buiz.So to my fans I am sorry.

There ya go pic changed.But am I the only one who yearns for a society pre Janet nip slip,and 9-11.Weve become so sensitive and timid.

But to play devils advocate there is responsibility that comes with being a wrestler.Kids look at us as heroes.I have made some bad choices!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Poor Chris Masters, the true victim of 9/11

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
He says this despite it being almost a year since Matt Hardy went off the deep end and everyone was concerned about his well being until he said he wasn't serious.

...and that begat one of the best threads of the past year.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Perigryn posted:

He says this despite it being almost a year since Matt Hardy went off the deep end and everyone was concerned about his well being until he said he wasn't serious.

...and that begat one of the best threads of the past year.

Chris Masters is a meathead. He isn't some hillbilly redneck with too much money like Matt Hardy, who also had this incredibly misguided amount of self worth. Masters is a pretty humble guy, but he's also a meathead doing a gang war storyline in TNA and in thinking everyone wants mature stuff in wrestling again, pulling out a gun was acceptable.

So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Until I hear his concussion history.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lone Rogue posted:

Chris Masters is a meathead. He isn't some hillbilly redneck with too much money like Matt Hardy, who also had this incredibly misguided amount of self worth. Masters is a pretty humble guy, but he's also a meathead doing a gang war storyline in TNA and in thinking everyone wants mature stuff in wrestling again, pulling out a gun was acceptable.

So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Until I hear his concussion history.

So you're saying Chris Masters is really, really dumb? That's a relief.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

CM Punk posted:

I did it for Andy Kauffman.

lol

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Twitter really is a wonderful thing. Thanks to Twitter I am talking with Sugar Dunkerton about a mutual love of WCW.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

The Batiri posted:

Who can possibly hate these guys? :allears:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The child being molested, probably.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

dsriggs posted:

The child being molested, probably.

That child isn't being molested. The Batiri are checking for ripeness before they serve her for dinner.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The more I look at it, the funnier it gets. The kid looks like she's one incantation away from becoming Delirious' sidekick.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What makes it even better is Kobald photobombing.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why isn't Yoshi a bigger deal? He beat the poo poo out of Sheamus in a backstage fight once!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Flameingblack posted:

Why isn't Yoshi a bigger deal? He beat the poo poo out of Sheamus in a backstage fight once!
Beat him up over using Yoshi's blender and not cleaning it, actually, lol.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Perigryn posted:

You will never comprehend the seriousness of this offense unless you work out.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Perigryn posted:

Could be worse, could have been this guy who used it and then didn't clean it...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

apsouthern posted:

Could be worse, could have been this guy who used it and then didn't clean it...

"Whaddaya gonna do about that, TOUGH GUUUUUYYYY?! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! U-S-A! U-S-A!"

And then Yoshi still clocks him for good measure.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I love it when wrestlers are just goofing off talking poo poo about each other.

@tdonst posted:

Im not a 'Technico', Im not a 'Rudo', Im a loser. Ask society

:smith:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

quote:

let's change people's Wikipedia page. I heard Gail Kim is 65 years old

loving got me. I love when we get glimpses of wrestlers just shooting the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I really hope that when they get the new tag division rocking that Yoshi's dream can become a reality. Mostly because I think they'd be pretty awesome together.