Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Holy poo poo.
They have American Voices on it too.

Holy loving poo poo. I love the onion when things get heated, like the "God Angrily Clarifies "Thou Shalt Not Kill" rule". They do well at making you laugh at the poo poo you can't live with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
More! MORE!
Republicans Condemn Akin's Comments As Blemish On Party's Otherwise Spotless Women's Rights Record

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

They're just going to loving town on him, and I loving LOVE IT.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

This is the best one.

EDIT: Also the comments on the Onion Facebook page from people upset that they're not bashing Joe Biden hard enough and that the liberal bias of the Onion rages on.

HackensackBackpack has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Aug 21, 2012

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:catstare:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Republicans literally think a little gaffe by Biden is equivalent to hate speech.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Leofish posted:

This is the best one.

EDIT: Also the comments on the Onion Facebook page from people upset that they're not bashing Joe Biden hard enough and that the liberal bias of the Onion rages on.

The Republicans just wish they had a Diamond Joe of their own :smugbert:

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

Joe's too busy doing sick stunts at the Vietnam Memorial to be involved in such horrific affairs.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Parents Don't Remember Enough Colors To Help With Kindergartner's Homework:

quote:

BEDFORD, NY—Parents of 5-year-old Haylee Risser reportedly sat around their dinner table stumped Monday night, unable to recall enough colors to help their daughter with a homework assignment from her first day of kindergarten. "I definitely remember red and yellow, but when she started getting into that brown and green stuff, that's where I'm lost," said Deborah Risser, 36, who admitted that shoelaces and days of the week were always more her forte. "It's one of those things they drill into you in kindergarten, and then you never use it again. When the hell am I going to need to know purple, anyway?" At the suggestion of her increasingly frustrated husband, Risser picked up the phone to call her older brother, who sources confirmed is "great at colors."

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Ugly In The Morning posted:

They're just going to loving town on him, and I loving LOVE IT.

It really is wonderful and helps take the sting out of knowing this man is a legitimate contender for a leadership position in the United States.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Jesus. This is it. This is the Onion article that is too hosed up for me to read.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Myanmar Ends Media Censorship
Restrictive Voter Laws On The Rise

It's a little jarring to see these two stories side-by-side in my news feed. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
:love: Today Now!

Country Artist Sings About Real America And Its Meth Addicts

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
2nd-Grade Teacher Can't Believe How Much Fatter They Keep Getting

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Incredible post + avatar combination.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I know some Onion stuff is written to just be funny, but the fat kid article really missed an opportunity to exam obesity as the systemic class issue it is and not as a "hurr these kids don't run and just eat junk like their lazy parents". Like, at least have a line about school lunches or something.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Danger posted:

I know some Onion stuff is written to just be funny, but the fat kid article really missed an opportunity to exam obesity as the systemic class issue it is and not as a "hurr these kids don't run and just eat junk like their lazy parents". Like, at least have a line about school lunches or something.
Maybe Study: Abstinence-Only Lunch Programs Ineffective At Combating Teen Obesity is more your speed?

Also, Poll Reveals You Live In Country Where Mentally Ill Man Still Has Good Chance Of Being Senator.

SpiderHyphenMan has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Aug 22, 2012

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

I especially like the new rule for the state of Arboria!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tampa Bay Gay Prostitutes Gearing Up For Flood Of Closeted Republicans

Oh, Onion, never change :allears:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
This is literally not satire.

The Darlok
May 25, 2006

I am watching you.

Zugzwang posted:

This is literally not satire.

Show me a horse that can do math and I'll believe this.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
U.S. Military Sends A Few More Of Those Things Over To Afghanistan To Replace Dead Ones

Absolutely brutal.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

“After all,” he continued, “they’re just things.”

:stare:

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

The best is the marquee at the bottom. Kansas rules that evolutions must be taught by apes.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNdhFi3MHZQ

Horrifying Planet shows us the positive side of our horrifying planet with help from Sky Energy.

Also I keep laughing like hell at the end previews for Sex House when Frank talks about exploring each other's bodies.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Onion is beginning to transcend satire. It's amazing.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
Women relived to find out her rape was illegitimate

I deeply fear The Onion writing staff is going to off itself soon.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

http://www.theonion.com/articles/mom-unaware-little-note-she-packed-with-sons-lunch,29281/

Jesus, that last line...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

:stare:

I'm just waiting for the Onion to just collectively commit suicide soon.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

The acting in Teens Hold Clothing Drive For Classmate Who Dresses Really Ugly was so dead-on it was almost painful at times

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

The acting in Teens Hold Clothing Drive For Classmate Who Dresses Really Ugly was so dead-on it was almost painful at times

Those are "Meghan and Katie," recurring charaters on Today Now. Here's another: Missing Teen's Friends Go On TV To Plead For Her Release, Gossip About Ugly Classmates

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
Hey, The Onion isn't all horrific stuff

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
:stare: Sex House Episode 7

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Well, they certainly are committed to making each episode more disturbing than the one before.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I still love the Today Now! with the 5-year-old writer of Fast Five.

http://www.theonion.com/video/today-now-interviews-the-5yearold-screenwriter-of,20188/

"The cars go fast and then they explode!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Well, they certainly are committed to making each episode more disturbing than the one before.

I have no idea how it can not end in on-camera murder suicide at this rate.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Brother Jonathan posted:

Those are "Meghan and Katie," recurring charaters on Today Now. Here's another: Missing Teen's Friends Go On TV To Plead For Her Release, Gossip About Ugly Classmates

Courtney Baxter, the actress who plays girl bully extraordinaire Meghan, was actually the guest of honor at an anti-bullying event last year (wearing her crown as "Miss National Sweetheart", an actual not-made-up teen beauty pageant she won):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueefNQobr44

On her YouTube channel, she also posted some of the videos of her and Jessica Rothenberg at the Teen Choice Awards "interviewing" celebrities in character as Meghan and Katie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p95xTUcIKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAnC06v9_1g

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Are those supposed to look super fake? Did they actually do this or was it all staged?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
In light of what happened this morning, The Onion just changed one of their headlines:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I think that's the first update I've ever seen.