Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Big Willy Style posted:

This is what always get me, thinking loving teenagers were writing this kind of ground breaking music. When I think to what I was into when I was 18 I cringe.

Here's a song featuring a 15 year old and an 18 year old...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Sooo, apparently a Converge, Torche & Kvelertak U.S. tour may be in the works for this fall. How sweet would that be? The only dates confirmed thus far are...

11/02-04 Austin, TX – Fun Fun Fun Fest
11/09 Philadelphia, PA – Union Transfer
11/11 New York, NY – Highline Ballroom

Yeah, it's official...

CONVERGE "ALL WE LOVE WE LEAVE BEHIND" U.S. TOUR ANNOUNCED
This Fall/Winter, Converge will be heading out on tour in support of their new album "All We Love We Leave Behind".

The album will be released on October 9th, 2012 on Epitaph/Deathwish.
More news on the release coming soon.

Converge U.S. Tour w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails*, and Whips/Chains*
(* Appearing on select dates only)

09/01: Los Angeles, CA @ FYF Fest w/ American Nightmare, Quicksand, and more
10/12: New Britain, CT @ Club INT w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
10/13: Rochester, NY @ Water Street Music Hall w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
10/14: Pittsburgh, PA @ Altar Bar w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
10/15: Columbus, OH @ Skully's w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
10/16: Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theatre w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
10/18: Chicago, IL @ Metro w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
10/19: Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock Social Club w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
10/20: Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theatre w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Coalesce, and more
10/21: Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
10/22: Salt Lake City, UT @ Club Sound w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
10/24: Seattle, WA @ El Corazon w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
10/25: Portland, OR @ Branx w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
10/26: San Francisco, CA @ Slim's w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
10/27: Pomona, CA @ Glasshouse w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
10/28: Los Angeles, CA @ EchoPlex w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
10/30: Mesa, AZ @ The Nile w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
11/01: Dallas, TX @ Sons of Herman Hall w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
11/02: Austin, TX @ Fun Fun Fun Festival w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
11/03: Houston, TX @ Fitzgerald's w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
11/04: Little Rock, AR @ Downtown Music w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
11/05: Birmingham, AL @ Zydece w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
11/06: Nashville, TN @ Exit/In w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
11/07: Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
11/08: Durham, NC @ Motoroco Music Hall w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
11/09: Philly, PA @ Union Transfer w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
11/10: Asbury Park, NJ @ Stone Pony w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
11/11: New York City, NY @ Highline Ballroom w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
11/12: Cambridge, MA @ The Sinclair w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 20, 2012

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Sooo, apparently a Converge, Torche & Kvelertak U.S. tour may be in the works for this fall. How sweet would that be? The only dates confirmed thus far are...

11/02-04 Austin, TX – Fun Fun Fun Fest
11/09 Philadelphia, PA – Union Transfer
11/11 New York, NY – Highline Ballroom

Goddamn I hope they play a Baltimore show, I got my wife to agree to come to a metal show with me for a college course and this would be perfect.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Napalm Death, Municipal Waste & Exhumed with various special guests depending on the date (wish I could see Speedwolf, stuck with Dayglo Abortions).

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

I am absolutely SHOCKED to see a New London date, I guess I know where I'll be absolutely.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Napalm Death at GRAND loving CENTRAL? I am going to seriously injure someone. That show is gonna rule.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Defleshed posted:

I always think of this when I listen to Decapitated's "Winds of Creation", which is a loving great album created by a bunch of teenagers.

Not only getting their poo poo together together to write insane music, but being able to stick together, write a fuckload more amazing albums and tour a shitload, cop a log to the head in Russia and still keep on raging.

Are many of you guys into Converge as well? I am keen to hear their split with Napalm Death. Barnies voice is like a fine wine and only gets better with age.

Also, as cool as Municipal Waste are, did shake my head a bit when I saw them above ND on that poster posted below. The same feeling I get when a person doesn't offer a elderly person a seat on the bus.

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

Big Willy Style posted:

Not only getting their poo poo together together to write insane music, but being able to stick together, write a fuckload more amazing albums and tour a shitload, cop a log to the head in Russia and still keep on raging.

Are many of you guys into Converge as well? I am keen to hear their split with Napalm Death. Barnies voice is like a fine wine and only gets better with age.

Also, as cool as Municipal Waste are, did shake my head a bit when I saw them above ND on that poster posted below. The same feeling I get when a person doesn't offer a elderly person a seat on the bus.

Converge fan here, eagerly anticipating the new album. I'll check out the split even though I'm not very familiar with Napalm Death's material. I know who they are, just :effort:

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I don't know if this would be better placed in the Metalcore thread, but any Doomriders fans here? Buddy gave me Darkness Comes Alive to listen to, and I'm really diggin' it.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'm totally down for Napalm Death.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Napalm Death and Converge are both coming to Connecticut :swoon:

lordblytzkrieg posted:

I am absolutely SHOCKED to see a New London date, I guess I know where I'll be absolutely.

I'm surprised to see it, but the El is back and they still don't have a proper website. There's also a three day almost-extreme metal festival there with a bunch of bands on October 12-14, called the "Winter is Coming Festival".

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

railroad terror posted:

I don't know if this would be better placed in the Metalcore thread, but any Doomriders fans here? Buddy gave me Darkness Comes Alive to listen to, and I'm really diggin' it.

Doomriders rules. Anything with Converge members is a good thing.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

railroad terror posted:

Definitely a groovy album. Haven't listened to that album in a while though. Will have to give it another spin.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
No Pittsburgh date for Napalm Death. Bleh.

At least I have the option of going to see Kvelertak and Torche. Altar Bar has been putting up some good shows for the fall, they have a Morbid Angel/Grave/Dark Funeral date in September and Deicide is also coming in October

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Roasted Donut posted:

No Pittsburgh date for Napalm Death. Bleh.

I was really surprised to see that there weren't any dates in either Pittsburgh or Philadelphia because I would drive to one of those in an instant since the tour is skipping Ohio all together. The closest show to me is in Chicago, and that is 6 or 7 hours away. :(

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Turk February posted:

The closest show to me is in Chicago, and that is 6 or 7 hours away. :(

Do it. Reggie's is a sweet venue.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Zodijackylite posted:

Napalm Death and Converge are both coming to Connecticut :swoon:

I'm surprised to see it, but the El is back and they still don't have a proper website. There's also a three day almost-extreme metal festival there with a bunch of bands on October 12-14, called the "Winter is Coming Festival".

Agalloch and Fen are both playing during this fest.

Holy loving poo poo, this is amazing. When did this place come back? Why did it go away?

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

Doomriders rules. Anything with Converge members is a good thing.

Anything that Kurt Ballou touches turns to gold. I really can't wait for All We Love We Leave Behind to be released now, and it looks like it is sharing it's release date with the new BTBAM and potentially the new Anaal Nathrakh. Basically on October 9th (10th if you're Stateside) I think my head is going to explode. I'm really looking forward to catching them on their Euro tour though, although the US lineup of Converge/Torche/Kvelertak/Nails seems vastly preferable to me over Converge/Touche Amore/A Storm of Light/The Secret. Also they're playing Koko in London, which I think is the biggest venue I'll have seen a hardcore show in. It's quite a grand venue stylistically as well, so it's going to be really weird, especially for TA, where I get the impression that intimacy is a big part of their live show? Oh well, Converge will bring the riffs, and it will be amazing.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Steve Harris is going to release a solo album.

Really drat interesting news. Despite some good moments, the two last Iron Maiden albums have been somewhat meh overall, gonna be interesting to hear what he can do with a little change of pace.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Agalloch and Fen are both playing during this fest.

Holy loving poo poo, this is amazing. When did this place come back? Why did it go away?

I'm not a fan of Fen and I fell asleep next to the PA last time I saw Agalloch at a festival, so I'm not really interested in the festival.

I think it disappeared once or twice between 2006 and 2011, but the problem is that they have almost zero promotion, to the point where they don't have a complete schedule online in 2012. I remember hearing about a re-opening at some point, other than that, they have been inconsistent with booking - every once in a while I heard about a punk show there through other people, but it is an ordeal to find out who is playing there. I don't recall them booking metal in the past. It's not exactly a premiere venue either.

Oh yeah, and there were a few stabbings there. Now that I remember that, the rest seems inconsequential, though still enough to explain a place closing.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
We interviewed Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) about his tea party-ish band, Sons of Liberty. You can see it here: http://www.metalblast.net/2012/08/jon-schaffer-iced-earth-sons-of-liberty-interview/

Quote from the interview: "Everything that has been taught about the Confederacy is a lie"

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
So Robert E Lee wasn't a confederate general?

My whole life has been a lie

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Non Serviam posted:

We interviewed Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) about his tea party-ish band, Sons of Liberty. You can see it here: http://www.metalblast.net/2012/08/jon-schaffer-iced-earth-sons-of-liberty-interview/

Quote from the interview: "Everything that has been taught about the Confederacy is a lie"

That's interesting, he's got some things right, but it feels like it's in that lolbertarian way where they have correct opinions for bugfuck crazy reasons. So I wasn't surprised when he outed himself as a Paulista. And then 9/11 was an inside job and the Civil War wasn't about slavery.

And that interviewer was pretty bad (sorry if it's you).

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

The only time politics and metal works is with Gwar.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Non Serviam posted:

When I was living in the US I went to metal concerts twice and there were enough of these people around (Illinois) that it made me pretty uncomfortable. I remember some lovely local act in Illinois Deathfest starting a song with THIS IS WHAT TERRORISTS SAY... IN GUANTANAMO BAY... BEFORE THEY DIE but there were like 10 people in the audience anyway

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

When I was living in the US I went to metal concerts twice and there were enough of these people around (Illinois) that it made me pretty uncomfortable. I remember some lovely local act in Illinois Deathfest starting a song with THIS IS WHAT TERRORISTS SAY... IN GUANTANAMO BAY... BEFORE THEY DIE but there were like 10 people in the audience anyway

Actually, I believe Jon Schaffer is quite the opposite. Since he turned libertarian we can assume that he has a pro civil rights approach (like Ron Paul) in terms of civil liberties and torture. He used to be pro Republican though, defending Bush and the war in Iraq, so I guess he would have defended waterboarding back then.

I honestly agree with many of the things he says. In terms of civil liberties I consider myself a libertarian, and actually admire the US for what it has done with courts protecting Freedom of Speech, even when used by retarded, offensive morons such as the Phelps family idiots. As a foreigner I also like the idea of a controlled foreign policy since, you know, it's good to know that the US wouldn't bomb us into democracy and would preach by example. Regarding the Fed... I'm not from the US so I don't know (nor care) about it.

Sadly we had to cut the interview short, since I really wanted to see if he believed vaccines cause autism and all that crap, as I would have liked to call him out on it

In the interviewed we linked the word "Zeitgeist" with a page the debunks it and added links to show Alex Jones' insanity and that vaccines don't cause autism. As I mention there, conspiracy theories are addictive for some people, and once they believe in one (perhaps with some good reasons) it's easy to just go for all of them. You start complaining about the Gulf of Tonkin incident and end up saying that the UN is going to kill billions (see: Jesse Ventura).

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

You can listen to a small sample of a new Pig Destroyer song called "The Underground Man" here.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Caught Vektor on their tour last night. Go see 'em, they're really loving good. The vocalist broke a string during the second song so while he was running around getting it replaced the rest of the band played Death's "Scavenger of Human Sorrow", which was fun.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
I found that Exhumed/Waste/Napalm Death tour poster super hard to read, all the openers/additional bands' dates are in super tiny print. Someone I know posted this and it's much easier to read.

‎"Napalm Death, Municipal Waste + Exhumed Fall 2012 Tour Dates
Oct 26–Springfield, VA–Empire
Oct 27–New York, NY–Gramercy Theater
Oct 28–New London, CT–El N Gee
Oct 29–Boston, MA–Middle East
Oct 31–Montreal, QC–Les Foufounes Electriques
Nov 1–Toronto, ON–The Opera House
Nov 2–Austin, TX–Fun Fun Fun Fest**
Nov 3–Chicago, IL–Reggie’s***
Nov 4–St Paul, MN–Station-4*

with DAYGLO ABORTIONS
Nov 5–Winnipeg, MB–Osborne Village Inn
Nov 6–Regina, SK–Riddell Centre
Nov 7–Edmonton, AB–The Pawn Shop
Nov 9–Vancouver, BC–Rickshaw Theater

with ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT
Nov 10–Seattle, WA–Neumo’s, with MARTHA SPLATTERHEAD’S REVENGE
Nov 11–Portland, OR–Hawthorne Theater
Nov 13–San Francisco, CA–DNA Lounge
Nov 14–Santa Ana, CA-Observatory, with REPULSION
Nov 15–Hollywood, CA–House Of Blues, with DWARVES
Nov 16–Tempe, AZ–Rocky Point
Nov 17–El Paso, TX–House Of Rock*

with SPEEDWOLF
Nov 18–Ft Worth, TX–Rail Club***
Nov 20–Nashville, TN–Exit In
Nov 23–Richmond, VA–Kingdom
Nov 24–Charlotte, NC–The Casbah
Nov 25–Knoxville, TN–The Valarium
Nov 26–Birmingham, AL–Zydeco
Nov 27–New Orleans, LA–Siberia
Nov 30–Atlanta, GA–Terminal West
Dec 1–Tampa, FL–Orpheum Theater
Dec 2–Miami, FL–Grand Central, Barge To Hell Pre-Party**
Dec 3-7–Barge To Hell**

* = NAPALM DEATH, MUNICIPAL WASTE, EXHUMED only
** = NAPALM DEATH, MUNICIPAL WASTE only
*** = NAPALM DEATH, EXHUMED only"

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

So municipal waste isn't headlining? The layout of the poster I saw made me think they were even though it didn't make sense for them to be above Napalm Death

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Morbid Florist posted:

So municipal waste isn't headlining? The layout of the poster I saw made me think they were even though it didn't make sense for them to be above Napalm Death

Although I agree that it's pretty lame too, it has been advertised as a "co-headling" tour.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Municipal Waste, with such classics as:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"Horny for Blood"

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
"Wrong Answer" was pretty cool

and the title "Upside Down Church" kinda made me snicker

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Although I agree that it's pretty lame too, it has been advertised as a "co-headling" tour.

I couldn't really get into Napalm Death for whatever reason so I was kinda fired up that Municipal Waste would headline. They're funny and they're a good time live show.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
But Napalm Death is SO GOOD live. It'll be fun, I promise! :)

And not that you care, but Barney is really sexy. Just a bonus.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
Napalm Death has always been pretty boring to me, sorry dudes. Municipal Waste on the other hand is fun and awesome and makes me want to party and ride a huge ugly 1986 skateboard. But of course, they won't be coming to the Chicago stop, so gently caress those jerks. :(

e: but I just remembered I'll be in Austin, TX during this tour so gently caress yeah Municipal Waste!

Defleshed fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 22, 2012

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

thepitgoddess posted:

But Napalm Death is SO GOOD live. It'll be fun, I promise! :)

And not that you care, but Barney is really sexy. Just a bonus.

Agreed, Napalm Death are excellent live. When they get announced for fests or whatever, I kind of sigh and think "oh, ND again", but I always see them anyway, and I always have a great time.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

thepitgoddess posted:

Oct 26–Springfield, VA–Empire
Oct 27–New York, NY–Gramercy Theater
Oct 28–New London, CT–El N Gee
Oct 29–Boston, MA–Middle East
Oct 31–Montreal, QC–Les Foufounes Electriques
Nov 1–Toronto, ON–The Opera House
Nov 2–Austin, TX–Fun Fun Fun Fest**
Nov 3–Chicago, IL–Reggie’s***
Nov 4–St Paul, MN–Station-4*

Vektor are also playing these shows.

Weaponized Cum posted:

At least it's not Blackguard or Abigail Williams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Weaponized Cum posted:

Hazardous Mutation is a good loving album. Nothing they've done since has been amazing, but I've heard nothing but great things about their live show. And Napalm Death will be there so gently caress it.