Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

Tewratomeh posted:

Not really sure what this means. Is Dredmor on floor 10 but you can go deeper, or is he only on floor 10 if you uncheck the Realm of the Diggle Gods expansion?

And if he's on floor 10 of the 15-floor option, can you just ignore the dude? Because I think that'd be for the best.

He's only ever on the bottom floor, you just get to choose how many floors are in the dungeon when you start a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Goodpancakes posted:

So I found a fun bug!

Its pretty easy, have a wyvern pet out and then go to your pocket dimension. Save the game and quit. Load your save, exit the pocket dimension, summon another wyvern. Gonna roll floor 3 4 deep with my wyvern bros. :hist101:

Afaik this is a "old" glitch and it's just caused by reloading and can be done with any pet.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Tewratomeh posted:

Not really sure what this means. Is Dredmor on floor 10 but you can go deeper, or is he only on floor 10 if you uncheck the Realm of the Diggle Gods expansion?

And if he's on floor 10 of the 15-floor option, can you just ignore the dude? Because I think that'd be for the best.

Since you started the game before you bought the expansion, he's going to be on Floor 10, the bottom floor, as if you started a new game without the 15 floor option checked.

Getting the expansion doesn't magically retrofit your saved games.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

DarthJeebus posted:

Is there a bug with the Unfriendly A.I mob types? They suddenly seem unkillable, and I swear I was actually healing it with my attacks at one point.

They are immune to a lot of things, I've noticed. Sometimes fighting one on floor 1 can be almost impossible. I've even had them be immune to melee attacks of the standard slashing/bashing/piercing type. No idea what's up with that.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

BobTheJanitor posted:

They are immune to a lot of things, I've noticed. Sometimes fighting one on floor 1 can be almost impossible. I've even had them be immune to melee attacks of the standard slashing/bashing/piercing type. No idea what's up with that.

They have 10 piercing resist and 4 Armor absorption, so if you can't do more than 4 standard damage (of which piercing is not) then you will not hurt them.

Additionally they have 10 Asphyxiative (Narcosomantic Induction, Gag Order), Putrefying and Toxic resist.

But they're weak to Voltaic, so Viking Wizardry works well against them.

There's a reason why they're always behind doors on floor 1.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

VietTam posted:

They have 10 piercing resist and 4 Armor absorption, so if you can't do more than 4 standard damage (of which piercing is not) then you will not hurt them.

Additionally they have 10 Asphyxiative (Narcosomantic Induction, Gag Order), Putrefying and Toxic resist.

But they're weak to Voltaic, so Viking Wizardry works well against them.

There's a reason why they're always behind doors on floor 1.

Well yeah, but one would assume that if you burn some cooldowns and some potions and some ranged attacks you could probably kill one. Just seeing immune a lot is kind of lame. Especially when the weapon rack that they're guarding usually has some crap 3 damage axe or something.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

BobTheJanitor posted:

Well yeah, but one would assume that if you burn some cooldowns and some potions and some ranged attacks you could probably kill one. Just seeing immune a lot is kind of lame. Especially when the weapon rack that they're guarding usually has some crap 3 damage axe or something.

You typically kill them for the EXP, not the item.

Or because you're a funhaver. :v:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I love this game but oh my god am I tired of not getting rewarded for clearing out a monster zoo because some monster teleported through a door and ran away, or into a wall, or just glitched out, or whatever the hell happens.

I swear it's a freaking coin flip on whether they acknowledge you cleared it or not.

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Agent355 posted:

I love this game but oh my god am I tired of not getting rewarded for clearing out a monster zoo because some monster teleported through a door and ran away, or into a wall, or just glitched out, or whatever the hell happens.

I swear it's a freaking coin flip on whether they acknowledge you cleared it or not.

I wish that added something where either blinking monsters couldn't leave the zoo or they can somehow be tracked if they do

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Throwing a monster icon on the minimap like for the quest monsters?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dice Dice Baby posted:

I wish that added something where either blinking monsters couldn't leave the zoo or they can somehow be tracked if they do

Or count monsters as "leaving" the zoo if they teleport. Then again, that'd probably be a lot harder to code.

The lack of a reward doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that I like the other tracks in Dredmor's soundtrack, too. :geno:

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I'm sure it could be set to track the monsters that are actually in the room and reward you once the room is empty. Similarly it would be convenient if the sort button put items at the bottom of your inventory instead of the top (so you can easily find recently picked up items) and if the Moldsmith ability targeted a random mushroom in you bag (but not on your belt) when used without a target.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Gabriel Pope posted:

I'm not sure I follow your logic here--going Werediggle means giving up +35 passive counter from swords and dual wield, which is an astronomically silly amount. Damage output is also generally less important for a counter build since your ability to kill things quickly is not going to be as much a matter of life or death as it is for conventional melee builds (and your damage output will be pretty decent to begin with just because of dual wield.)

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, I had a retarded moment there. Disregard it; I forgot that the passive bonuses from skill levels get nulled by polymorph too, not just the active skills. :saddowns:

Hmm, that's kinda the opposite of what I wanted from the build. But, I have to say that the diggle form carried me through a lot of things on the first two floors. The first zoo and a lot of the uniques would have killed me otherwise.

I went with Swords/dual/pirate/were diggle/smithing/artful dodger/burglary

The main drawback is that the build is very fragile and equipment dependant. Without the diggle skill I would have been killed by several of the uniqes. They will get hits in that do a lot of damage. With the boost from the diggle form I spend less turns killing them/taking damage. It sure isn't the most perfect skill choice, but I also can't think of another skill that is such a solid crutch.

After two deaths(against uniques) I made it to floor three. Spend my levels to have my utility skills up and now I'm going for combat. My gear is kinda meh, but I hope to smith somethings. Floor three will tell me if I keep that build running. :)

Agent355 posted:

Hear, hear!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I like getting to a Monster Zoo on floor 10+ killing everything effortlessly then sitting back and watching the combat log scroll down for half an hour.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"From outside of time and space... they plague us." maybe? Probably.

Edit: Another?

I've never seen foreboding scribbles before.

EditEdit: They're everywhere.

Not even going to upload all the rest I've been finding. I went into a room with three of them.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 22, 2012

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

You got a real problem in here, gonna cost ya extra.
A few pages back it was mentioned that a user of the GLG forums had solved them.

Problematically, there are now new ones.

Hooray!

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Rydash posted:

A few pages back it was mentioned that a user of the GLG forums had solved them.

Problematically, there are now new ones.

Hooray!

I think you are confusing them with the ones encrypted into one of the hotfixes' executables. These are new as far as I can see (there is a mention of them in the Gaslamp Forums, but they too were confused with the encrypted messages). More Project Odin stuff? :allears:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

All I can get from the second one is "He pickled the creatures for ?????????"

That is foreboding. :tinfoil:

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 22, 2012

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Don't be silly, it's clearly a Half-Life 3 release date hint.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nettle Soup posted:

All I can get from the second one is "He pickled the creatures for ?????????"

That is foreboding. :tinfoil:

He pickled the creatures for ***** b*** a* **e Ca**to** but something horrible happened on the supply zeppelin **m**

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

he pickled the creatures for ----- back at the capstone but something horrible happened or the supply Zeppelin ..m.. ..

Can't get the last word...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

KataraniSword posted:

what bothers me is that I like the other tracks in Dredmor's soundtrack, too. :geno:

No you don't. No you loving don't. If I could constantly alternate between listening to the Monster Zoo music, Dervish and Diggle Hell I would be deliriously happy.

I don't mean in the game I mean in real life.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Penguingo posted:

No you don't. No you loving don't. If I could constantly alternate between listening to the Monster Zoo music, Dervish and Diggle Hell I would be deliriously happy.

I don't mean in the game I mean in real life.

I bought the Dredmor soundtrack a while back and now they've added new music and I don't know how to get it :negative:

VV All I can find are the .ogg files? I mean, I bought the soundtrack off the Bandcamp link that was in the old thread's OP.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 22, 2012

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

C-Euro posted:

I bought the Dredmor soundtrack a while back and now they've added new music and I don't know how to get it :negative:

It's all in the game files.

Really hope the patch gets here before tomorrow since I have to go on a long rear end train ride with no internet.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Ryaomon posted:

It's all in the game files.

Really hope the patch gets here before tomorrow since I have to go on a long rear end train ride with no internet.

If it doesn't, grab http://patches.gaslampgames.com/dredmor/dredmor_hotfix_final_v5.zip and install it, it's essentially the RC version.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Do achievements not function with mods or are they just buggy? I should have just gotten the Archaeology tree achievement.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Met posted:

Do achievements not function with mods or are they just buggy? I should have just gotten the Archaeology tree achievement.

If you're using the hotfix, it doesn't talk to Steam so you won't get achievements.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Nettle Soup posted:

he pickled the creatures for ----- back at the capstone but something horrible happened or the supply Zeppelin ..m.. ..

Can't get the last word...

I think its "He pickled the creatures for stuck back at the capitol, but something terrible happened on the supply zeppelin home..."

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

delta534 posted:

I think its "He pickled the creatures for stuck back at the capitol, but something terrible happened on the supply zeppelin home..."

Probably not stuck, proof maybe? What's a five letter word for display?

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

ghetto wormhole posted:

Probably not stuck, proof maybe? What's a five letter word for display?

How did I write stuck, it should have been study.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Currently on level 11 and my character is a loving TANK. I'm blocking/countering almost everything and I'm pretty much self healing for the most part. I'm also doing around 120-210 damage depending if I crit or not.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Daynab posted:

If you're using the hotfix, it doesn't talk to Steam so you won't get achievements.

When the patch comes out, will it automatically overwrite the hotfixes, or will we need to delete/reinstall stuff?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Sloppy posted:

When the patch comes out, will it automatically overwrite the hotfixes, or will we need to delete/reinstall stuff?

It should overwrite, yes.

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance
As a random hint for those that care, I believe there are 25 ominous scribbles.

Collect them all!

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
So I found this. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with those ominous scribbles, but it certainly is something.

It's actually concept art for the collectable miniatures game Monsterpocalypse, but I can't look at it and not see a diggle.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I keep having a issue where my game freezes with my character running into a wall. The game does not respond to any commands or hotkeys, but animations continue to play. Twice now this has happend, on two different computers.

Any idea what causes this, or a fix?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Beat Dredmor pretty easily with a bunch of chainsaw discs, playing on Dwarven with Permadeath.

Then went back to my autosave and tried to find Vlad, but no luck this round.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

nvining posted:

As a random hint for those that care, I believe there are 25 ominous scribbles.

Collect them all!

Need more types of wall scribblings. All except the "What does Fair have to do with anything" in the Lockpick room and "Fish in a Barrel" seem to be foreboding now.

SO much mystical graffiti too.

Maybe there's a mod out there that adds a couple thousand new ones.

Edit: After a little bit of research in how to mod, I discovered that rooms have wall scribblings built into the room itself, rather than the game randomly tossing wall scribblings wherever.

I've yet to find where it stores the foreboding scribblings. Still working on it. Those might be randomly placed, but I don't know anything about modding or how the game works.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 23, 2012

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

If you manage it, I'd download it. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Fenn the Fool! posted:

So I found this. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with those ominous scribbles, but it certainly is something.

It's actually concept art for the collectable miniatures game Monsterpocalypse, but I can't look at it and not see a diggle.

This reminds me of the Diggle God statues. Can we have a MechaDiggle monster now please? I'm surprised it's not already in!

• Locked thread