Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Then:

And now:

Same driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm still butthurt that the G8 Camino never happened.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Oh, but it did. Just not in the American market, you'd have to travel to Australia to get one. It was the Holden SS Ute: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Ute

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Never thought I'd see an IFS/IRS Jeep concept I actually don't hate on first sight.

Body styling isn't really my type, but ground clearance looks great and it appears that it would be pretty drat good in a high speed desert environment if the suspension was tuned properly.

e: Just read the placard :aaa:

40 mile lithium ion plus a DIESEL aux engine? :aaaaa:

IN AN AMERICAN BRANDED AUTO? :aaaaa:

110mpg? :hawaaaafap:

No one wake me up, don't tell me it's just a concept vehicle, I'm just fine right where I am.

kastein fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 23, 2012

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Never thought I'd see an IFS/IRS Jeep concept I actually don't hate on first sight.

Body styling isn't really my type, but ground clearance looks great and it appears that it would be pretty drat good in a high speed desert environment if the suspension was tuned properly.

e: Just read the placard :aaa:

40 mile lithium ion plus a DIESEL aux engine? :aaaaa:

IN AN AMERICAN BRANDED AUTO? :aaaaa:

110mpg? :hawaaaafap:

No one wake me up, don't tell me it's just a concept vehicle, I'm just fine right where I am.

This. Please dear god make this!

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Rhyno posted:

Seriously, some form of a new El Camino/ute probably would've been my next vehicle. I don't need ground clearance, prefer driving cars, and 1,000lbs haul would be enough for motorcycles and scooters.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Don't you need two utes?

Yes, the placards are worth reading sometimes. Oh, while I have some time...

This is not the last flying car you'll see.

I don't know what.

Eh. Pedestrian.

Now THIS is something.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 23, 2012

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
Edit: I saw one of the Thunderbolts a few years back undergoing a restoration, apparently, one was in "barn find" condition, I wish they had left it like that.

Not to completely disregard Jungle Pam, but this is fresh as hell.

A quote from someone over at the HAMB, years ago Re: Jungle Pam

"If you had hooked a generator up to me, Jungle Pam and I would have kept the entire city of New York powered for months."

content:

55 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham show car.

And finally this "New" 1937 Cadillac Fleetwood body

the car was never built in the 30s, but built recently from original Fleetwood plans.

like this 34 cadillac...

LobsterboyX fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 23, 2012

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

LobsterboyX posted:

And finally this "New" 1937 Cadillac Fleetwood body

the car was never built, but built recently from original Fleetwood plans.
Hey, I got something like that. Bugatti Royale, made decades later from original parts and plans. It's the 41.111 duplicate.

There is NOTHING more awesome than being the only dudes in a mostly shut down museum where the attendants are bored enough to let you touch the cars... and even start one or two up.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

Its honestly because none of my friends are car guys at all and I would really have no one to go with. Also Id be camping for sure. :rock:

::Jungle Pam and her fine friends::

Simple: New friends.
Where would you be coming from and why camp?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

gently caress

I've got such a boner for Panteras.

Haven't we all? Trouser-tighteningly sexy cars.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Preoptopus posted:

Its honestly because none of my friends are car guys at all and I would really have no one to go with. Also Id be camping for sure. :rock:

Jungle Pam is kind of goofy looking in today's world but goddamned if she's not hot.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 23, 2012

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Random poo poo in my image folder

edit: This appears to be from Forza 4

Needs more k's

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

http://www.obviouswinner.com/obvwin/2012/8/22/this-metal-dinosaur-triceratops-tractor-looks-drivable-and-a.html

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ugh, I want to get rid of my E46 sedan for a G35 sedan....

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

G Sedans can be so nice if done right.

For content:

my friends super clean s2000

Ovechkin's S65

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bojanglesworth posted:

my friends super clean s2000

uuuunnnnfffff I've always had a soft spot for S2000's. There's a kid down the street from me that has a turbo one and turbo RHD EK Civic.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Maker Of Shoes posted:

uuuunnnnfffff I've always had a soft spot for S2000's. There's a kid down the street from me that has a turbo one and turbo RHD EK Civic.

Me too, he just had the whole thing cleaned up and shaved a bit, rolled and pulled fenders and had the entire thing repainted the factory color. Looks incredible.

Here is another one. Flame suit is on.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
"Once the last kitten was safely wrapped in one of Biden's many denim jackets, the vice president then gunned his Trans-Am and in what meteorologists are calling 'the most badass loving peelout ever man' drove through hurricane Issac, dissipating the storm system to a nice smelling breeze. Romney's campaign calling this the gaffe of the century and a further extension of current President Obama's failed policies."

Source: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=406824268#post406824268

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Here's something to offset those:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/s5K5T.jpg :nws:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/1gIzj.jpg :nws:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

keykey posted:

Oh, but it did. Just not in the American market, you'd have to travel to Australia to get one. It was the Holden SS Ute: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Ute

As soon as the 15 year time comes up, I think I'm going to check out importing some of those into Canada and flipping them.
and probably go broke in the process

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I get you guys are trying to be funny or something, but it would be great if you just used the tags for what they are actually meant for. Not trying to back seat mod or anything, but it just defeats the purpose and isn't funny. I also probably have OCD or something for letting it bother me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

Ugh, I want to get rid of my E46 sedan for a G35 sedan....

Doooooo it!! Great cars!!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Hashal posted:

I get you guys are trying to be funny or something, but it would be great if you just used the tags for what they are actually meant for.
Yeah I thought this was probatable like years ago. Can't we keep it in the Top Gear thread where it might actually be appropriate?

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
I like blue better than red.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
So, we're getting closer to the end of '08.

Remember how I said the first SMART cars showed up in 2008? Yep, there's one here. Or... some of it. How smart are these cars? Let's find out.

I'm not sure what this Mada was, but it was freaking gorgeous. I don't think I really caught the LED strips they had in the front.

For some reason, though, this specific perspective below reminds me of a cat. Can't imagine why.

But let's get to something American.

You don't get more American than that.

Stately!

Gee, that old LaSalle ran great. And looked good too.

I think that's a Monza GT in the corner there, but the other shots didn't come out.

And how could I resist this Studebaker?

Now, here's something for the Europhiles. The Type 718 , I believe... and a modern interpretation. Right, the RS60. Old and New.

I love the grille here.

Sorry about the fuzzy nature of some of these, the light was... intimate. I did try to match perspectives on some shots.

And I think that's basically it for 2008. Oh, wait. No. How do you guys feel about turning left for 500 miles?

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 24, 2012

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Warcabbit posted:

I'm not sure what this Mada was, but it was freaking gorgeous. I don't think I really caught the LED strips they had in the front.

For some reason, though, this specific perspective below reminds me of a cat. Can't imagine why.

That's the Furai. 3-rotor awesomeness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Xl0i4uNGU

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

speedtek posted:

That's the Furai. 3-rotor awesomeness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Xl0i4uNGU

I would give the rest of my life earnings to be able to drive that car for a day.

rotaryfun fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 24, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

extreme_accordion posted:

For lack of trying or for lack of a lift to the track? You are missing out. I can recommend the VSCDA event in September if you are looking for something relatively inexpensive. If you need a hotel many of the sleepy towns just a few minutes away from the track have nice motels and hotels. Portage being one.

There's also a great bar in Plymouth that makes one hell of an Old Fashioned.

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

rotaryfun posted:

I would give the rest of my life earnings to be able to drive that car for a day.

Wasn't this car in GT4?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
It's in Forza 4 as well.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
And here I thought the Harley Earl custom was going to get all the attention. Hm. Might be some more stuff in 08 people'll like than I thought. How do you guys feel about staring at engines?

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

2005 Ford GR-1 Concept :hawaaaafap:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

SouthLAnd posted:

The first thing I thought of when I saw those pictures: "Holy poo poo, blind-spots."

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
If you're in a car like that and are worried about blind-spots, you aren't driving it properly :colbert:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I wish this had gone into production so much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SouthLAnd posted:

I love that thing to bits. Ford makes so many awesome concept cars.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Ever since that car was in Test Drive Unlimited, I've wanted one. It's so goddamn awesome.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Sadly, Mr. Shelby couldn't be there himself, he was feeling poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3227202641.html

This... is pretty loving bad rear end. I love the modern twist on an old classic. Even the dash looks almost like it belongs in there. Though the center console kinda blows.

Edit: http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3227201056.html

This is a drat good price for a relatively clean wagon. It would be easy to throw something decent under the hood, a little bit of body work and a nice paint job, it would be a drat fine boulevard cruiser.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 24, 2012