Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Bumping the thread for a new episode!

I watched Fellini Satyricon last night. I still don't know what was going on in that flick. At the same time, it spawned a good, if lengthy, discussion. Look forward to that tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

:siren: NEW EPISODE! :siren:

Fellini Satyricon (1969)

Oh boy, we had a field day with this one - a disjointed, bawdy tale of Roman debauchery, pedophilia, cannibalism and rape, Fellini's 1969 film was definitely a treat to watch, if not frustrating at times due to its fractured narrative (which was intentional, since the original work by Petronius is only available in fragments to this day). Fair warning: This is one of our drunker podcasts, and our confusion and awe at the film left us even more tongue-tied than usual. I think we managed some good discussion, though, and it was again nice to tackle a lesser-known film. You can check out the podcast and the drink/rules here.

Alcohollywood posted:

THIS EPISODE'S DRINK: The Bacchanalia

4 parts pinot grigio
2 parts Aperol
splash, blood orange bitters
peaches, diced

Pour over ice and stir. Top with peaches.

RULES:

1) Drink anytime you see tits or asses
2) Drink anytime a character uncomfortably stares in the direction of the camera
3) Drink whenever characters have inappropriately loud and oddly placed laughter

FINISH YOUR DRINK WHEN:

Encolpio (Martin Potter) says, "Dear Minotaur, I will love you if you spare me...."

On another note, Alcohollywood was just mentioned on TVTropes. While I'm glad others are listening, and any publicity is good publicity, it's only a matter of time before Jared/Clint slash fanfiction is upon us.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
I've always kind of wanted to see Satyricon and always kind of not, since my dad's always been a big fan. I guess watching it with a buzz on isn't the worst solution to this problem, so good call! The fact that your cocktail looks delicious doesn't hurt, either.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Shanty posted:

I've always kind of wanted to see Satyricon and always kind of not, since my dad's always been a big fan. I guess watching it with a buzz on isn't the worst solution to this problem, so good call! The fact that your cocktail looks delicious doesn't hurt, either.

The podcast won't help you get a good grasp of the plot, because we were forced to say, "And then this happens, and then this happens" as the only way to get from one scene to another, since it is so episodic and fragmented. We got pretty drunk, and about twenty-five minutes of tangents were cut out for time and obnoxiousness - so if the podcast feels just as disjointed as the movie, that's why. However, I think I did a good job of masking the cuts as best I could.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Thread bump - :siren: NEW EPISODE! :siren:

Since the new Total Recall is coming out, we thought we'd give the 1990 original the Alcohollywood treatment. Fair warning, we had recorded a podcast about five weeks ago because we had a guest (just a mutual friend of ours) with a limited schedule; I subsequently lost the file since I'm an idiot and Jared and I re-recorded a few days ago. As a result, we do get into a bit more of the various memorable elements of the film (effects, the score, the subtexts of identity and reality, etc.) However, we also go into tangents about Rachel Ticotin's acting career, spitball about what exactly happens to poop in the Matrix gel pods, and much more. You can check out the episode here.

Next week, though, I'm really excited, since we're doing Starcrash, one of my favorite new discoveries on Netflix.

Alcohollywood posted:

THIS EPISODE’S DRINK: The Triple-Nippled Space Hooker

2 parts kiwani juice
2 parts citrus cordial*
2 parts tequila

*HOW TO MAKE CORDIAL: Squeeze desired number of lemon, orange and limes into pan, add sugar, place under heat. Boil until syrup forms.

Combine and stir; garnish with kiwani peel.

RULES:

1) Drink whenever glass is broken
2) Drink whenever someone says “Mars”
3) Drink whenever someone (usually Arnold) gives a pained expression

FINISH YOUR DRINK WHEN:

Cohaagen (Ronny Cox) says “In thirty seconds you’ll be dead…and I’ll blow this place up and be home in time for Corn Flakes!”

WIZARD WORLD UPDATE: We're most likely going to be able to interview Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett), and we've got shots with James Hong and Sean Young, so if you guys have any reasonable questions you'd like us to ask, we're taking suggestions!

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
How do you guys go about picking guest podcasters? I ask because I live in the Midwest suburbs, I love to drink and I love to talk, and well, poo poo, I have no movie nerd friends.
At the very least I'd buy a round. :)

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Quad posted:

How do you guys go about picking guest podcasters? I ask because I live in the Midwest suburbs, I love to drink and I love to talk, and well, poo poo, I have no movie nerd friends.
At the very least I'd buy a round. :)

You're in; basically, we love having a rotating third on as many weeks as possible, so we'd love to have you on :) Here in the next day or two, I'll post our upcoming schedule when we decide it, and if there's a movie we're doing on a week you feel like coming up, don't hesitate to let me know! (We usually record on Tuesday nights etc., but we are usually able to work out rescheduling stuff.)

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
Yo, just listened to your Total Recall episode. The science segment needs to be called "Hard Science" and you know it. :colbert:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Love the site, glad to see you guys are going to Wizard World Chicago. I'll be there and keep an eye out for you / make you buy me a drink.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Love the site, glad to see you guys are going to Wizard World Chicago. I'll be there and keep an eye out for you / make you buy me a drink.

Absolutely, we'll be the guys with lanyards running around trying to talk to celebrities. However, that may not make us stick out too much.

OK Octopus: "Hard Science" may well have to be the name of the segment. I yield to the inevitability and objective correctness of this suggestion.

Hewlett fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 4, 2012

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

We're getting ready to post the Starcrash episode tomorrow, but I thought I'd let you know a few bits of news:

First, we're going to be livetweeting the strange horrors we see at Wizard World, and we'll be having a podcast special about our findings/whatever interviews and audio clips we get on Monday.

Secondly, since next week is :rock:SHARK WEEK:rock:, and we don't want to do another campy movie in as many weeks, we're tackling The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou to get our feet wet (ha!) with Wes Anderson. Furthermore, on Friday we'll be livetweeting all four Jaws movies in a row so look out for that.

Thirdly, in about three weeks or so we'll be having our 50th episode; as a result, we're going to have a bit of a contest. In addition to having as many of our previous guests on as possible (with the movie TBD), I want our listeners to come up with a drinking game for the podcast itself. They should be Alcohollywood-style three drinks/Finish Your Drink Line games. Jared and I will judge the entrants, and the person who wins will get a $10 Amazon gift card. Cool, right?

Here's our tentative schedule for the next couple months, as well:

8/13: Wizard World Special Podcast
8/16: The Life Aquatic w/Steve Zissou
8/23: Vampire's Kiss
8/30: 50TH EPISODE SPECIAL (Movie TBD)

9/6: Duel
9/13: The Dead Pool
9/20: DOUBLE FEATURE - District B13/District B13: Ultimatum
9/27: Ever After

OCTOBER: Horror Oct-hor(b)er (All Stephen King adaptations)

10/4: 1408
10/11: It
10/18: Silver Bullet
10/25: The Shining
10/30: DOUBLE FEATURE: Misery/Dolores Claiborne

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

One of the favorites a bit ago in the Netflix thread was/is the sci-fi wonder Starcrash, which is just one of the best, most wonderfully bad movies - as a result, we decided to give it the Alcohollywood treatment. The drink is pretty good, I'm proud of the rules, and the episode itself is a fairly entertaining though sometimes incoherent attempt to piece together just what happens in the flick itself. Hope you enjoy! (OK Octopus, you might be proud of the name of our science segment :3: ). You can check out the episode here.

Alcohollywood posted:

THIS EPISODE’S DRINK:The Deadly Ray

3 parts absinthe
2 parts jasmine liqueur
1 part pear liqueur
muddled mint
1 part sweetened lime juice
2 parts tonic water

Pour liquor and lime juice over crushed ice; finish with tonic water.

RULES:

1) Drink for every ponderous, awful shot of a model spaceship
2) Drink every time Stella Starr changes outfits
3) Drink every time Akton reveals a new power, ability or important piece of information

FINISH YOUR DRINK WHEN:

The Emperor of the First Circle of the Universe (Christopher Plummer) says, “IMPERIAL BATTLESHIP….HALT…THE FLOW OF TIME!”

NOTE: We're definitely on to interview James Hong this weekend - potentially tomorrow - so I would absolutely appreciate if you guys had questions that you'd want the venerable Asian-American actor to be asked. There are some good ones from the general chat thread that I'll likely incorporate, but others are certainly appreciated. Thanks!

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

Hewlett posted:

NOTE: We're definitely on to interview James Hong this weekend - potentially tomorrow - so I would absolutely appreciate if you guys had questions that you'd want the venerable Asian-American actor to be asked. There are some good ones from the general chat thread that I'll likely incorporate, but others are certainly appreciated. Thanks!

Well, it'd certainly be interesting to hear his thoughts on how he's essentially being cast in parody roles of his very own earlier roles given that he established many of the cliche characters he's now famous for imitating. It'd be like Schwarzenegger being cast in children's cartoons as a large Austrian meathead instead of the countless voice actors.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm glad I read this thread because I wouldn't have stumbled upon your podcast any other way. I've gotten about halfway through and I'm really digging it. I've done something I rarely do by recommending it to some people.

For you podcast I'd like to recommend Hausu (1977) or Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (2009). They're both enjoyable to watch and I think they'd make great, fun drinking games. I'd probably recommend Hausu more than Bad Lieutenant since you're doing a Nic Cage movie in the near future with Vampire's Kiss. Also it'd give you a chance to experiment with shochu or sake, which are two forms of alcohol I'd love to see in more cocktails.

Some ideas for them would be

Hausu
-Drink every time a "haunting melody" plays
-Drink every time a cat is on screen
-Drink every time something happens in slow motion
-Drink every time Kung Fu uses kung fu
-Drink every time a bad special or practical effect shows up
-Drink for every matte painting
Finisher: "Bananas? Bananas?! Bananas!"

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
-Drink every time someone uses drugs
-Drink every time someone is threatened
-Drink every time someone lies
-Drink every time things get worse for Cage's character
Finisher: "His soul is still dancing!"

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

TTBF posted:

I'm glad I read this thread because I wouldn't have stumbled upon your podcast any other way. I've gotten about halfway through and I'm really digging it. I've done something I rarely do by recommending it to some people.

Thanks so much! Yeah, I think I saw you pimping it out to some folks on Twitter, which I very much appreciate. I got your suggestions; I've always wanted to watch both movies, so now we have context to do so. Those are also good rule suggestions - you're probably right in that we'll do House long before we get around to Bad Lieutenant since we're already set to do a Cage movie coming up.

Look out Monday for our Wizard World coverage thing: fair warning, our voices sound WEIRD because of the different microphone we used for live interviews. We sound way more nasally than usual.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Hewlett posted:

Thirdly, in about three weeks or so we'll be having our 50th episode; as a result, we're going to have a bit of a contest. In addition to having as many of our previous guests on as possible (with the movie TBD), I want our listeners to come up with a drinking game for the podcast itself. They should be Alcohollywood-style three drinks/Finish Your Drink Line games. Jared and I will judge the entrants, and the person who wins will get a $10 Amazon gift card. Cool, right?
Here's one I'm sure would make for some contentious discussion:

Scott Pilgrim vs The World (2010)

1) Drink for recognizable sound cues. Whether this includes the licensed soundtrack is up to the folks at home, but you better be thirsty for the Seinfeld scene.
2) Drink for Canada.
3) Drink for visual onomatopoeia.
Finish your drink on "We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to watch Scott Pilgrim kick your teeth in!"

And this totally isn't a backdoor way to put myself in the running for guesting, why would you think that?

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

General Ironicus posted:

And this totally isn't a backdoor way to put myself in the running for guesting, why would you think that?

I'm insulted that you would say I would think such a thing. Absolutely no problem, we'd love to have you on - but be sure to suggest it on the website, since we keep track of our "official" requests through that.

I'd love to do one for Scott Pilgrim, but it will probably be way down in the queue since another guest has dibs on Shaun of the Dead - we don't want to do too many Edgar Wright films too close together. Keep in mind, though, you're not precluded from guesting on any of the other ones on the schedule or beyond.

Hewlett fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 12, 2012

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hewlett posted:

I'd love to do one for Scott Pilgrim, but it will probably be way down in the queue since another guest has dibs on Shaun of the Dead - we don't want to do too many Edgar Wright films too close together. Keep in mind, though, you're not precluded from guesting on any of the other ones on the schedule or beyond.

Can I call super super preemptive dibs on guesting for this one? Seriously one of my favorite movies of all time. I mean, I guess the dude who suggested it has dibs, but secondary dibs.

(I'm watching it now. This loving movie.)

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Can I call super super preemptive dibs on guesting for this one? Seriously one of my favorite movies of all time. I mean, I guess the dude who suggested it has dibs, but secondary dibs.

(I'm watching it now. This loving movie.)

We're all friendsgoons here; it may not be right out to have you both guest.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
If you guys ever do High Fidelity without me I would be very sad.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

:siren:SPECIAL COMIC CON PODCAST!:siren:

Our coverage of Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2012 is up, along with a short interview with James Hong, Lo Pan himself!

It's short and sweet, and the camera we had for the interviews made us sound weird, but whatever, we'll make it better next time. Hope you enjoy - we'll be putting up our Life Aquatic Shark Week special up on Thursday and livetweeting Friday through all four Jaws movies!

Also, the drinking game contest we're holding for the 50th episode is being upgraded so you'll win $20 Amazon gift card bucks instead of just $10. Cool, huh? Get to it!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Where would we submit our ideas for the podcast drinking game rules? Through the suggest a movie function on the alcohollywood website?

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

TTBF posted:

Where would we submit our ideas for the podcast drinking game rules? Through the suggest a movie function on the alcohollywood website?

You can post them here, or on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
So, thread, I need a favor. Next week is my bday and I need a drinking game for Last Starfighter, my favorite cheesy scifi adventure. Who's game?

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

OK Octopus posted:

So, thread, I need a favor. Next week is my bday and I need a drinking game for Last Starfighter, my favorite cheesy scifi adventure. Who's game?

I can whip up something special for that, I think:

1) drink whenever Alex rejects his surroundings or responsibilities
2) drink each time Xur shouts a line
3) drink each time you see an explosion

FYD line: "what do we do, Commander?"
"We die."

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Since it's Shark Week, and we just did a campy film, we decidd to jump into uncharted waters with our first Wes Anderson The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. You can check out the episode here.

Alcohollywood posted:

THIS EPISODE'S DRINK: The Belafonte

2 parts whipped cream orange-flavored vodka
2 parts spearmint schnapps
2 parts soda water
splash, blue curacao

Combine and stir; serve with Swedish Fish.

RULES:

1) Drink whenever a shot is made with a fisheye lens (i.e. it looks stretched out, like you're looking through a peephole or into a fishbowl)
2) Drink whenever you see an animated, stop-motion creature
3) Drink whenever the lights turn off/burn out on the Belafonte

FINISH YOUR DRINK WHEN:

Steve Zissou says, "We'll give them the reality this time. A washed-up old man with no friends, no distribution deal, wife on the rocks, people laughin' at him, feelin' sorry for himself."

Still doing the 50th episode drinking game contest, so feel free to email/tweet/FB/post here your suggestions, and you might win $20 in Amazon stuff!

Also, we're livetweeting the four Jaws movies tomorrow starting at noon CST, so look out for that @alcohollywood.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Does vodka just make for the best mixer, or does the mixologist just really like vodka? It seems to be in the vast majority of your drinks.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

TTBF posted:

Does vodka just make for the best mixer, or does the mixologist just really like vodka? It seems to be in the vast majority of your drinks.

He is, in fact, a big proponent of vodka - it tends to be his drink. I do think we need a bit more variety in the drinks, and I'll be mentioning it to him tomorrow.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

About done with the first Jaws movie right now as we live tweet from @alcohollywood. If you want to see us suffer through the rest, Tne in - we are not stopping till we finish Jaws: the Revenge.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

By listener request, we're finally tackling our first Nic Cage movie with Vampire's Kiss, a sort of American Psycho-esque piece where high-powered yuppie Peter Loew (Cage with the most wonderous sort of California surfer/Southern gentleman inflection) slowly falls apart under the veil of the pressure of the 1980s business world and increasingly empowered women around him. As a result, he becomes a vampire (or does he?).

This one's a bit of a one-ruler, since the vast majority of the movie is Nic Cage being Nic Cage; there were other rule candidates but they don't happen nearly often enough to make it worth it. It's best to just have the one rule and the Finish Your Drink line. You can check out the episode and game here.

quote:

THIS EPISODE’S DRINK: The Alphabetical

2 parts rye whiskey
2 parts cherry liqueur
4 parts Francis Coppola Cabernet Sauvignon
dash Aztec Chocolate bitters
lemon

Combine and stir; pour into wine glass. Garnish with lemon.

RULE:

1) Drink anytime you see a Cage-Out (Nic Cage has an overacting freakout in the middle of a scene)

FINISH YOUR DRINK WHEN:

Peter Loew (Nicolas Cage) recites the entirety of the alphabet, to the chagrin of his therapist – Waterfall through the recitation of the alphabet, the goal being to finish your drink by the time he says “That’s ALLL you hafta DO!”

Don't forget to post drinking rules for the podcast on here, on FB or on the website if you want a $20 Amazon gift card. The deadline is Sunday, since that is when we are recording our 50th episode, which will be a huge megasode with as many previous guests as we can muster to watch and talk about The Neverending Story!

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Yes... I was the one (one of?) who suggested Vampire's Kiss. I love the waterfalling rule.

I still think drinking whenever there's an establishing shot is a fine rule for that film though. :colbert:

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

TrixRabbi posted:

Yes... I was the one (one of?) who suggested Vampire's Kiss. I love the waterfalling rule.

I still think drinking whenever there's an establishing shot is a fine rule for that film though. :colbert:

Oh, absolutely. I mean, hell, the whole opening sequence is nothing but shot of New York city at sunset or sunrise....plus some shots of the Twin Towers. :america:

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Just wanted to remind you guys that I'm giving away a $20 Amazon gift card for the person who makes up the best drinking game to play to the Alcohollywood podcast itself, and the deadline is tomorrow night (since that is when we are recording our 50th episode). You can post them in here, comment on the site, put them on FB/whatever. We've already got some good ones, but I want to see more. I'm hungry for more! The winner will be announced on Thursday, when the 50th episode is posted.

EDIT: Again, to clarify - this is a semi-stupid metafictional game we're playing, where we want a drinking game to PLAY to the podcast itself. E.g., "drink when Jared does blah blah blah." You can use it, basically, to point out/make fun of things you notice that we do in the podcast as you listen to it. It's not for specific movies.

Hewlett fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 25, 2012

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Babies

You drink every time there is a baby.

Clement
Jun 30, 2007

I've met a working Yorkshire miner.

General Ironicus posted:

Here's one I'm sure would make for some contentious discussion:

Scott Pilgrim vs The World (2010)

1) Drink for recognizable sound cues. Whether this includes the licensed soundtrack is up to the folks at home, but you better be thirsty for the Seinfeld scene.
2) Drink for Canada.
3) Drink for visual onomatopoeia.
Finish your drink on "We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to watch Scott Pilgrim kick your teeth in!"

Haha, we came up with a Scott Pilgrim drinking game last year in our final year of undergrad; we just did it with cheap booze as we were too poor to buy proper alcohol. One guy did it with whiskey and was sick everywhere; that wasn't fun to clear up. We had around 17 rules, but we narrowed it down to 10 or so otherwise we would have died. Feel free to adapt them though. I'm directly quoting from Facebook there, so the formatting might be a bit weird.

‎1. Ramona changing hair colour- half a drink.
2. Sex bob-omb- Shout along with them. Last one to do so downs.
3. Stars- strike a pose for every star seen. Last to do so downs.
4. Young Neil rule- drink for every sight of Young Neil. (the worst rule)
5. Every KO- half.
6. Every videogame reference- drink.
7. Lesbian/love- for the duration of the film, every statement of the word love must be referred to as lesbian, and every reference to the word lesbian must be referred to as love. Half a drink if you mess up.
8. Wallace Time- everytime there is a bed scene, one finger for each person in the aforementioned bed.
9. Canada- with every overt Canadian reference, pause the film, sing the entirety of O Canada, and drink. Down if you don't know the words.
10. Every comicbook reference- drink.
11. Hat- if you see a hat/ every time someone changes their hat (choose one) you must drink unless you're wearing a hat.
12. Bass- every bass reference, drink. Bass battle- constant.
13. Hair reference (EXCEPT RAMONA)- two fingers.
14. US reference- Pause the film, sing the first verse of God Save the Queen (Not the Sex Pistols version. If you can't do this, down.
15. Every swearbox, drink.
16. First one to point at the Moon and shout 'MOON!' whenever it is onscreen gets to exempt themselves from ONE rule. Only able to be used once by one player; as soon as someone uses it, nobody else gets to exempt themselves.
17. Joker rule! Make up your own rule.

Young Neil rule was the worst.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Super Mario Brothers

1). Drink for every vaguely recognizable character/item/moment from a Mario game that got totally weirded out in translation.
2). Drink every time someone says the name Mario.
3). Drink whenever the sentient fungus does something.

Finish Your Drink when the brothers are finally suited up and use the jump boots for the first time.

Make sure you have another bottle handy for the credits, so you can drink while listening to Walk The Dinosaur.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
The Lizzie McGuire Movie

1) Drink every time there's a montage. (There are 10 in this movie)
2) Drink every time animated Lizzie shows up.
3) Drink every time a character has an impenetrably bad Italian accent.

Finish your drink: during the Lizzie/Italian Lizzie duet. You might want to make another one and finish it while that number is still going.

Almost killed my friends with this one.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

One I've always wanted to play. If you have a DVD of the stage version of Sweeney Todd (not the Tim Burton version).

-Drink every time they say "Johanna"

I recommend this version: http://www.amazon.com/Sweeney-Todd-...angela+lansbury

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

We're recording at 8pm CST for the 50th episode where we announce the winners of the contest, but we're still looking for a bigger pool of entries. Again, these aren't drinking games for specific films, but a sorta-dumb meta drinking game we're requesting for the podcast. Winner gets a $20 Amazon gift card!

Here's a couple good goon examples:

TTBF posted:

Alcohollywood drinking game

Rule 1: Drink anytime for laughter - It doesn't matter if it is laughter, a giggle, a snort, or any other audible form of finding something humorous. Drink for it.

Rule 2: Drink anytime technical aspects of a film are mentioned - Cinematrogaphy, blocking, lighting, mise en scene, and even motifs.

Rule 3: Drink every time someone goes off topic - Whether it to be discuss other movies an actor's been in, some hard science, or other such things. Optional addition: Include skipping around in the movie as being off-topic.

Finish your drink line: Finish your drink when you hear any variant of "And that brings us to our finish your drink line."

General Ironicus posted:

1) Drink when Jared and Clint disagree
2) Drink when someone mentions drinking
3) Drink when the film in question is compared to another film
Finish your drink when they give the 'Finish your drink' line

Good luck folks - I'll be taking submissions until 8 tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I can't believe I messed up the spelling of cinematography but got mise en scene correct.

I listened to your latest episode after finally watching Vampire's Kiss, which is something I should have done a long time ago. You said that Cage was overacting but in reality he was mega-acting, which is Nic Cage's own school of acting. The Nic Cage thread can cure you of all your Cage misconceptions and reveal in you a love for the actor you never quite realized you had. You also might find the answer about if Vampire's Kiss was meant to be funny or if that was pure Cage.

I really enjoyed you guys playing the entire alphabet clip when you got to the finish your drink line. I think doing similar with future finish your drink lines is something that would be nice to have in future episodes. I know it would have been pretty useful for the X-Files movie so listeners could know just how long of a pause you were talking about.

• Locked thread