Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Azure_Horizon posted:

Really? All I've ever seen it called is Shadow Forest or Forest of Illusions. Either way, it was obviously a reference to Guardia Forest from CT but about ten times better.

I blame iTunes for giving me so many lovely translation options, I was a young boy unwise to the ways of the world, like Dany, you see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Posted in the Breaking Bad thread, oddly enough:

Omnicarus posted:

Walt: Rita, you asked me if I was in the lemoncake business or the money business. Neither. I'm in the empire business.
Rita: Is a lemoncake empire really something to be that proud of?

...she's looking pretty rapey.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Oh god, I've written 500 words in my chapter now. I feel ill. Sensa hasn't even met with Jeffery yet. I'll get through this, I will. You bastards.

e: and gently caress IRC tonight, I can't write anymore and I need a hug :smith:

IRQ fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 22, 2012

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

You're a braver man than I to ask for a hug in this thread. Keep up the good work (with the chapter, too)!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Seriously, I think this chapter may have made him....well-adjusted.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

IRQ posted:

Oh god, I've written 500 words in my chapter now. I feel ill. Sensa hasn't even met with Jeffery yet. I'll get through this, I will. You bastards.

e: and gently caress IRC tonight, I can't write anymore and I need a hug :smith:

What really gets me is how loving easy this is to write. Were we always sick inside, and just never knew it?! :ohdear:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

whowhatwhere posted:

Seriously, I think this chapter may have made him....well-adjusted.

No, I think I just made him want to kill himself. I'm sorry, IRQ! :ohdear:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

What really gets me is how loving easy this is to write. Were we always sick inside, and just never knew it?! :ohdear:

It's like drilling a hole to get the demons out.

It's wonderfully therapeutic.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
I'm worried it's more like a Pandora's box situation. You can't put the genie back in the bottle, man.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Captain Mediocre posted:

Has anyone got that direct link to the current compilation of chapters? It seems to have been buried deep in the disgusting quagmire that is the bad thread.

Here you are sir.

A Game of Bones on Google Docs

You have to be a contributor and have sent an email to agameofbones@gmail.com from a gmail address to get access.

And yes, re: writing this poo poo, it was disturbingly easy. I'll labor for weeks to find the inspiration and pick out just the right words for a 2000 word chapter in the novel I'm trying to write, but give me erotic fantasy fiction to pen and I'll spit out 3000 words in four hours. WHILE AT WORK.

It doesn't make me feel good about myself.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

thornghost posted:

It doesn't make me feel good about myself.

Very little about this thread should make anyone feel good about themselves.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
This thread is the tiger force at the core of all things. When you cry out in your sleep, it is the bad thread that you read.

71-Hour Morfans
Jun 23, 2006

ork ork
70% finished with my forced re-read of ADWD, and Jeyne Poole just admitted to having had sex with a dog.

Oh, good. My memory seems to have scabbed over that gem.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

71-Hour Morfans posted:

70% finished with my forced re-read of ADWD, and Jeyne Poole just admitted to having had sex with a dog.

It's actually worse than that.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

71-Hour Morfans posted:

Are we just pretending that the prologue chapter never happened? Cause I distinctly remember Varamyr thinking about how he warged into a female beast just to get shagged. That seems like a thing this thread would lap up.

71-Hour Morfans
Jun 23, 2006

ork ork
I'm not sure that Varymyr getting it on with his bitches counts as Legitimate Rape.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ambiguatron posted:

It's actually worse than that.

...how? :stare:

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

71-Hour Morfans posted:

I do not remember this at all. Details?

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

PROMISE ME, NED.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

71-Hour Morfans posted:

She just says she would do it if it would mean Ramsay would leave her alone.

Quote for convenience for everyone else:

quote:

Jeyne pulled the wolfskins up to her chin. "No. This is some trick. It's him, it's my... my lord, my sweet lord, he sent you, this is just some test to make sure that I love him." A tear ran down her cheek. "Tell him, you tell him. I'll do what he wants... whatever he wants... with him or... or with the dog or... please... he doesn't need to cut my feet off, I won't try to run away, not ever, I'll give him sons, I swear it, I swear it..."

It sounds like he just threatened her with it and she'd rather do that than be mutilated.

FooBot
Aug 16, 2012

71-Hour Morfans posted:

I give GRRM his due, he knows how to make a character hated. I use to hate on Theon a lot, but by the end of ADWD and with the preview chapter on GRRM's site I was really rooting for the guy.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
He knows how to turn a character around, as well (giving someone even worse to foil them against), which is why Ramsay is so loving ridiculous.

I eagerly await the villain who makes Ramsay Bolton our new beloved character.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

Azure_Horizon posted:

PROMISE ME, NED.

Now I am imagining Priscilla, Queen of the Godswood.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Maybe I just missed this, but even if it's already been linked it deserves to be relinked:

THERE IS NOW A WILD CARDS THREAD

It's already gotten to the first Fortunato story, which makes The Pear Shaped Man look like light reading :allears:

whowhatwhere fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 23, 2012

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

I still don't get why "The Pear Shaped Man" has the reputation it does, it's a fairly solid horror story that didn't strike me as being unintentionally creepy.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Mainly because its description of the villain lines up almost exactly with the description of GRRM that the Bad Thread spent years creating.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

I get that, but the story doesn't present the cheeto monster is sympathetic at all. Unless you read it as some weird commentary on how cheeto monsters all have beautiful people inside them and it's only by luck that you're not in their place. I suppose you could read it that way, but it's not a bad message.

The worst thing GRRM has done is create three distinct teenage/preteen girls for him to fetishes and have his self inserts paw all over.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
You say this as if this thread doesn't have a history of intentional misreading of GRRM's work in order to find evidence for whatever our latest theory of GRRM is.

Besides, you can always say it's a work of self-loathing or something, in which GRRM is publicly castigating himself for his horrific ways.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I found this and posted it in the channel the other night. Oh lord, I want a shirt with the Lannister logo on it. Some of the names are awkward, though. It should really read "Dragonstone Targaryens" or "Storm's End Baratheons".

Azure_Horizon posted:

PROMISE ME, NED.

I threw this up on a buddy's facebook after you posted it, and I've been hurting myself laughing any time I scroll past it again.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That Arryns one looks kinda cool except it's way too easy to see "Aryans" and an eagle and well that might not be the best thing to wear around.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
What, nobody else saw the clear signs in the books that the Vale was actually the alien planet refuge for ex-Nazi officers?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Gurm is a secret wight supremacist.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Nothing secret about it. He combats the yellow peril by devouring those lemony lemony foreigners.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

That Arryns one looks kinda cool except it's way too easy to see "Aryans" and an eagle and well that might not be the best thing to wear around.

I can't not think of Vale, eastern Oregon or Vail Idaho. In either case there's a lot of Arryn pride.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

IRQ posted:

Gurm is a secret wight supremacist.

I'm trying to make a joke here that plays "lich" on "lick" but I keep coming up dry.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So my wife just read the Red Wedding and was obviously pissed like so many others have been...it felt good to know that she was coming up on it and then seeing her freak out was pretty funny.

She's calmed down now and she said to me 'Well dammit, Daenaerys better getting ready to gently caress some poo poo up!"

I answered 'Oh she loses her poo poo, don't worry.'

Am I a horrible person?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

No, you are a true Wild Card.

e: well... that may make you a terrible person too.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Wild Cards are the finest human beings I've ever known and it continues to be an honor to serve with you fine gentlemen (and lllllllllllllladies... )

:cheers:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
There are no ladies in GRRM-world. Only mothers who ruin everything, whores, underage sex objects and wannabe men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
So the next goal in Game of Bones is to work in a character named Legendaario or something with a huge protruding forehead full of mystical wizard spunk who is constantly punching his dick at climax.

WILDCARDS, GO! I CHOOSE YOU!