Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Donst hasn't been the same since he lost to Hallowicked at C-Rex.

There's a backstage segment with him and Jakob on the Chikara "Give 'Em the Axe" show (July 29, 2012), where he practically shatters Jakob's confidence and decision to follow in his footsteps. It sums up the turn his character has taken fantastically.

I have it on MP4. I'll have to see about uploading it later when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MVP posted:

Hey @SamoaJoe you got a white shirt & black suit. I want to grab @OneWorldWarrior & recreate that "King of Colosseum" cover.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Liar Lyre posted:

I really hope that when they get the new tag division rocking that Yoshi's dream can become a reality. Mostly because I think they'd be pretty awesome together.

Tyson Kidd's tag team partners are cursed!

- DH Smith: fired
- Justin Gabriel: injured in their first or second match as a team
- Trent Barretta: injured before they even formally started teaming

Yoshi had better watch what he wishes for.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Time to team him with Kofi, or would the curses cancel each other out?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

bobkatt013 posted:

Time to team him with Kofi, or would the curses cancel each other out?

They'd both get wellnessed for continuity reasons.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Sugar Dunkerton started an impromptu poll among his followers:

@sugardunkerton posted:

Sharpshooter or Scorpion Deathlock

@sugardunkerton posted:

RKO or Diamond Cutter?

@sugardunkerton posted:

5-Star Frog Splash or Eddie Guerrero's Frog Splash?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Sharpshooter, Diamond Cutter, Eddie's splash.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I really like the team of Tyson and Justin hopefully they can stay together I love their Hart Attack Blockbuster tag team finisher.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Flameingblack posted:

Why isn't Yoshi a bigger deal? He beat the poo poo out of Sheamus in a backstage fight once!

I guess the moral is don't kick someone's rear end if said someone is Trips' workout buddy.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Sharpshooter, Ace Crusher, Eddie's.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
As silly as RVD selling his ribs after the 5 star frogsplash is, I do love his execution of the move.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Eh, it's a bit too sloppy for me. Eddie's splash was crisp as hell.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

VogeGandire posted:

Eh, it's a bit too sloppy for me. Eddie's splash was crisp as hell.

RVD's sloppiness was part of his charm. To me, sometimes he'd be sloppy as hell, but sometimes he'd do amazing things where you'd be like "HOW DID HE HIT THAT MOVE FROM THERE???"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, by all means, I love RVD, and the Five-Star is still drat impressive, especially from the kind of distances he can hit it from, but Eddie just had the perfect frog splash.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

triplexpac posted:

RVD's sloppiness was part of his charm. To me, sometimes he'd be sloppy as hell, but sometimes he'd do amazing things where you'd be like "HOW DID HE HIT THAT MOVE FROM THERE???"

Did RVD ever flog splash out of a window after he got into a car accident?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, by all means, I love RVD, and the Five-Star is still drat impressive, especially from the kind of distances he can hit it from, but Eddie just had the perfect frog splash.
You've really chilled out, it's awesome.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Atticus Finch posted:

You've really chilled out, it's awesome.

Was I NOT chilled out?

And really, if there's one thing I can be chilled on, it's two awesome frog splashes.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I agree :hfive:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
What of D-lo's frog splash?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Perigryn posted:

Not as good as his running powerbomb

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Perigryn posted:

I just got to the time in 2000 where Lo-Down is a tag team, and I think this might be my favourite era for D-lo frog splashes outside of the chest protector time.

Mosh sets the opponent up for a superplex, suplexes him to the middle of the ring, meanwhile D-Lo is already in midair with his frogsplash and finishes the opponent off.

It's awesome.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It was alright. Prefer his flying lariat though.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
you guys judged the splash part...but goddamnit d-lo looked the most froglike for his jump

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
It helps that D-lo looks like a giant frog to begin with.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Sionistic posted:

It helps that D-lo looks like a giant frog to begin with.

He should have said "Thou" a little more and wielded a big sword.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
how many pages was that between video game references

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

@ZackRyder posted:

Just finished Episode 81 of Z! TLIS...ugh...I still make these things......

Something tells me the dude isn't happy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

njsykora posted:

Something tells me the dude isn't happy.

He's just getting tired of trying to replicate the magic of the one or two legitimately funny episodes of that show and so far hasn't been able to do so.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

As I've said before, Zack Ryder is the worst part of his own show. Whenever Ziggler, Trent or Kofi are on it, they steal the entire show.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I bet Ryder would be more into doing the show if WWE pushed him in any way, to reward him for the extra work.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Twitter's full of good stuff today.

@MattJackson13 posted:

I just tried to get laid but my wife refused, telling me she could care less that I was ranked 172 in the PWI 500.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

Ricardo Rodriguez posted:

If I ever had a shirt it would be me as a Piñata and it would probably say "Come at me, Bro" or something lol

So someone made this:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

njsykora posted:

Twitter's full of good stuff today.

Other than the forever misuse of the phrase "Couldn't care less" that's pretty funny

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

triplexpac posted:

I bet Ryder would be more into doing the show if WWE pushed him in any way, to reward him for the extra work.

He started doing it to think outside the box and get himself noticed and over in a company where he wasn't being given an opportunity.

18 months and 81 episodes later he's pretty much the same place he was, a little more popular and slightly more used but still just an unused talent. That's an easy path to getting bitter.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Especially since for a while it looked like he was being rewarded for his hard work, but then he had the rug pulled out from under him and a lot of the heat that he had generated for himself was killed.

I'm sure it's made Zack a good deal more money than he would have if he hadn't started it, but it's still really easy to see why it would get frustrating for him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Goog posted:

Especially since for a while it looked like he was being rewarded for his hard work, but then he had the rug pulled out from under him and a lot of the heat that he had generated for himself was killed.

I'm sure it's made Zack a good deal more money than he would have if he hadn't started it, but it's still really easy to see why it would get frustrating for him.
He made the most of a pretty forgettable gimmick, then the Jersey Shore got big, he started to put himself over with a webshow, became one of the most over guys on the roster and most importantly, he was self-made.

Unfortunately that's the keyword that made Vince have a poo poo fit and wanted him buried because he's Vince McMahon godammit and he'll tell YOU who to cheer for.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Goog posted:

Yea if I had to guess I'd say that'd be the main factor in any bitterness/apathy he has to the show. For a bit it looked like the idea was working and people were rewarding him, but then he got his crush swooped on and thrown down stairs by Kane and I imagine had to think 'welp, gently caress this'.

edit: You know, I bet he woulda done well as a heel. Take his generic 'ey I'm from Jersey Long Island!' thing but make him this obnoxious rear end in a top hat who tries to say his fake joke belt is worth more than the 'real' belts and basically just behave like a Jersey Shore character and I imagine he would at least join the ranks of Midcarders Vince Mostly Forgets About but Sometimes Gives a Short Title Run to.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 24, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Glitterbomber posted:

Yea if I had to guess I'd say that'd be the main factor in any bitterness/apathy he has to the show. For a bit it looked like the idea was working and people were rewarding him, but then he got his crush swooped on and thrown down stairs by Kane and I imagine had to think 'welp, gently caress this'.

edit: You know, I bet he woulda done well as a heel. Take his generic 'ey I'm from Jersey Long Island!' thing but make him this obnoxious rear end in a top hat who tries to say his fake joke belt is worth more than the 'real' belts and basically just behave like a Jersey Shore character and I imagine he would at least join the ranks of Midcarders Vince Mostly Forgets About but Sometimes Gives a Short Title Run to.

At this point they should put Curt Hawkins back with him and just make them a midcard tag team. They could turn heel (well Zack could) on Kofi and R-Truth.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Glitterbomber posted:

What you described is exactly what his character was like on ECW. The gimmick was completely designed around being an obnoxious heel. It's an awkward fit as a face; all he could really do with it is turn the fist pump into a crowd participation thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Minidust posted:

What you described is exactly what his character was like on ECW. The gimmick was completely designed around being an obnoxious heel. It's an awkward fit as a face; all he could really do with it is turn the fist pump into a crowd participation thing.
Robbie E does this better though.