Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
I find this awesome because I'd always wondered why there were chains hanging underneath the rear differential of vehicles like school buses and other trucks. I assume that you guys already know this but just in case someone doesn't I think the answer should be shared. The engineering is straightforward but the thought process that came up with the idea in the first place just kills me. Makes me feel like a completely uncreative idiot. I had to actually see it in action to understand what the hell was going on.

Gentlefolk I present you with; the RUD ROTOGRIP Fahrzeugintegration;

Here it is in action;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2la-N1OoPg

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

Kenneth Anger?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

They are commonly called "on spots" in my neck of the woods. And when you get tired of hearing the chains dangle around you put a single zip tie around the bundle and it solves the problem. The added bonus is that when you turn them on again the zip tie breaks so you don't have to worry about crawling under there to undo it in the snow.

Edit: OK, so they are called onposts everywhere....here's a pretty interesting site on their history: http://www.onspot.com/indhisfr.htm

Motronic fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 25, 2012

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ChlamydiaJones posted:

I find this awesome because I'd always wondered why there were chains hanging underneath the rear differential of vehicles like school buses and other trucks. I assume that you guys already know this but just in case someone doesn't I think the answer should be shared. The engineering is straightforward but the thought process that came up with the idea in the first place just kills me. Makes me feel like a completely uncreative idiot. I had to actually see it in action to understand what the hell was going on.

Here it is in action;

As narrated by the G Man's European cousin.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

ChlamydiaJones posted:

Here it is in action;

I never knew about this before. That is brilliant, and I agree with you: I feel like a dull-witted moron. Yes, I know that is redundant.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

I would drive this everywhere. It's so well done, and I'm sure it's a blast.

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas
International Scout, a rarity in Australia

Aston Martin parked out the front of my work.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Except for the RHD road and the slightly off vegetation, that scene looks like the US. All the cars are available here.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 25, 2012

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Could easily be the UK, but it doesn't appear to be raining.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Take a look at the ride height difference between sitting still and 150mph

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Well, at least it looks retarded for a reason!

plecostomus
Oct 17, 2009

Toned down for your pleasure
This could have easily been a Top Gear prop, but they are actually a real company.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I saw a plumbing/drain company truck the other day with the registration "SH11 JOB", the second "1" being edited into a "t" with screwheads.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

My dad's now street legal Chevelle. The engine used to make over 700hp but it has been detuned to a modest 615hp in order to run pump gas.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

That engine is beautiful.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That kind of power and a stick in a Chevelle? Not something you see every day.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Sometimes a manual is the only way to fly, baby :smugbert:

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Root Bear posted:

Is that a goat in a goat?

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
A really nice alfa from the other day

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Yeah when it was a drag only car it had a built reverse manual valve body TH400 with a 5000rpm stall torque converter. The 5spd has changed it a lot. Driving it now is very interesting, almost feels wrong (in the best way possible) to drive on the street.

Root Bear posted:

:smug:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
What color is that Chevelle? I really like it. Any other pictures?

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

SFH1989 posted:

Yeah when it was a drag only car it had a built reverse manual valve body TH400 with a 5000rpm stall torque converter. The 5spd has changed it a lot. Driving it now is very interesting, almost feels wrong (in the best way possible) to drive on the street.

:smug:

Where's the stick on the LTD? :colbert:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

kimbo305 posted:

Except for the RHD road and the slightly off vegetation, that scene looks like the US. All the cars are available here.

Except for the mid 90's commodore Ute you can just see the corner of in front of the Aston.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Oh, Lord I love those widened steelies.

Hey, didn't someone say they liked Panteras? Spotted this nice one at a local car show last year.

Oh, what's that back here?

Yep, twins.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Happened to have a few more Jungle Pam pics to add to the previous guy's:

and my personal favorite (because I like boobs):

Ah, the '70s.

Sirveaux
Aug 26, 2004
<=>

ZippySLC
Jun 3, 2002

~what is art, baby dont post, dont post, no more~

no seriously don't post

Where's the OCC logo?

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Definitely the coolest Icelandmobile I saw while over there last week

For size comparison, I believe that's a 2006-2010 Ford Explorer next to it

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Raluek posted:

What color is that Chevelle? I really like it. Any other pictures?

It's called black pearl. You can't really tell from the pictures but in needs a paint job. I was actually surprised I don't have that many good pictures of it. My dad sold it five years ago and only got it back last last year.

The '66 that replaced the '69. He later traded this car to get the '69 back. The guy who bought the '69 wanted to go faster and my dad wanted a car he could drive on the street so they traded.

And why not, the '68 Camaro my dad owned 30 years ago.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Your dad is so much more AI than mine, not fair :saddowns:. My dad would maybe impress the guys in SH/SC but this is soo much cooler, goddamn.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

SFH1989 posted:

It's called black pearl. You can't really tell from the pictures but in needs a paint job. I was actually surprised I don't have that many good pictures of it. My dad sold it five years ago and only got it back last last year.

No I can't tell it needs a paint job! So if I understand correctly, a black pearl arrangement is where you spray a black base coat, then the colored pearl in the clear, then more clear over that? Looks like it has a really neat effect. Does it look black in indirect lighting?

e:

Terrible Robot posted:

Your dad is so much more AI than mine, not fair :saddowns:. My dad would maybe impress the guys in SH/SC but this is soo much cooler, goddamn.

Haha yeah. Mine just does not understand vehicles as being anything more than reliable transport, and actually complains when I try to put more tools in his garage.

Raluek fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 26, 2012

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

screenwritersblues posted:

Is that a goat in a goat?

Yes. :iiaca:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

So is this the automotive equivalent of those image macros that have several hot girls then the last picture has one with a cock?

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Das Volk posted:

So is this the automotive equivalent of those image macros that have several hot girls then the last picture has one with a cock?

Yeah but this one stops right before the cock part so its all good. No worries.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Gilmore?

Gilmore.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

SouthLAnd posted:

2005 Ford GR-1 Concept :hawaaaafap:

I saw one of them in person when Ford brought it to our school's engineering recruiting expo. So beautiful:

Along with the Shelby Cobra concept:

Also, I hope car artwork counts in this thread:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Saddamnit posted:

Also, I hope car artwork counts in this thread:

It counts double if it's art of a car that itself counts as art.