Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Robbie E does this better though.

Robbie E is bad at everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Minidust posted:

What you described is exactly what his character was like on ECW. The gimmick was completely designed around being an obnoxious heel. It's an awkward fit as a face; all he could really do with it is turn the fist pump into a crowd participation thing.
I'd disagree. I think Ryder's gimmick is a great face gimmick. All he wants to do is party and be your bro. Plus I can't be mad at his big ol' poo poo-eating grin.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flameingblack posted:

Robbie E does this better though.

I refuse to believe Robbie E does anything better than anyone.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Glitterbomber posted:

He sold Edge's chops well in that "Edge reenacts Flair's road rage incident' skit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmm7J0e4xpk

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Glitterbomber posted:

I saw him at a crappy Indie show in Wolverhampton where the only entrance music they could find for him to fist pump to was Poison by Alice Cooper. That was quite entertaining.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I'm in the hospital with a 103 fever and a bunch of IVs plugged into me. Don't read Twitter in that condition. It's ... weird.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Timby posted:

I'm in the hospital with a 103 fever and a bunch of IVs plugged into me. Don't read Twitter in that condition. It's ... weird.
Get well soon.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

AJ Lee posted:

Huge thank you to @playstation for sending me a giant box of games. It's just like Christmas, but with actual presents and less crying.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Timby posted:

Holy poo poo, Timby. Feel better soon.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Perigryn posted:

What of D-lo's frog splash?

D-Lo's frog splash was awesome. D-Lo in general is underrated as gently caress.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

D'Lo is one of those dudes who everyone thinks is more awesome than he really is (Including me. Love the guy). In reality he was perfect where he was. Shouldn't have been any higher or any lower.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, he was perfect in the mid-card. Pretty entertaining to watch, but not entertaining enough to be a main-eventer. A solid worker.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

Curt Hawkins ‏

Just watched @MattJackson13 & @NickJacksonYB vs The SSB from the latest PWG DVD. Ridiculously innovative & entertaining.

Player Uno

@TheCurtHawkins thanks for the kind words!

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Hawkins is a massive indie fan. If I remember correctly he was the one that turned The Rock onto Kevin Steen recently

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

apsouthern posted:

Hawkins is a massive indie fan. If I remember correctly he was the one that turned The Rock onto Kevin Steen recently
It still blows my mind that The Rock is friends with Curt Hawkins, but Hawkins will never make it to the midcard in the WWE.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Flameingblack posted:

It still blows my mind that The Rock is friends with Curt Hawkins, but Hawkins will never make it to the midcard in the WWE.

If I'm not mistaken, Hawkins was one of the guys working the ring rust off the Rock before his return to the ring.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Writer Cath posted:

If I'm not mistaken, Hawkins was one of the guys working the ring rust off the Rock before his return to the ring.
Along with McGillicutty.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, he was perfect in the mid-card. Pretty entertaining to watch, but not entertaining enough to be a main-eventer. A solid worker.

The thing about D'lo was that he had a window of time where he was a heat magnet. Even when he was in that bad tag team with Chaz, he could still get a "D'lo sucks" chant going.

I always thought his ring work was pretty good, but I may have been blinded by the fact that I just kind of loved all his signature spots.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Glamorama26 posted:

The thing about D'lo was that he had a window of time where he was a heat magnet. Even when he was in that bad tag team with Chaz, he could still get a "D'lo sucks" chant going.

I always thought his ring work was pretty good, but I may have been blinded by the fact that I just kind of loved all his signature spots.

He had a pretty sweet moveset, and moved really well for a guy his size. When I first started watching and with no frame of reference, I assumed he was a lightweight from the way he got around the ring, only learning later he was 6'6" or something.

And he had utterly bitching music.

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003

Perigryn posted:

Along with McGillicutty.

I thought Hawkins worked with the Rock and Hawkins and McGillicutty worked with Brock because Brock was good friends with Mr. Perfect.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BigDanRTW posted:

I thought Hawkins worked with the Rock and Hawkins and McGillicutty worked with Brock because Brock was good friends with Mr. Perfect.

Lesner was who Perfect tried to wrestle on the plane ride from hell and that lead to perfect getting fired.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

bobkatt013 posted:

Lesner was who Perfect tried to wrestle on the plane ride from hell and that lead to perfect getting fired.

Friends wrestle friends at 30,000 feet. Well, friends who are insane pro wrestlers do anyway.

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Lesnar wrote this about Perfect in his book:

quote:

I wish he practiced what he preached. Curt got in and really got out. He died in 2003. Nice rib ... I really think about him every day. We could have had so much fun together. I miss him so much, because with Curt you were never just passing time. You were enjoying every minute of it. Why did he have to go and die?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I really do not know how much I believe that. Perfect and Brock were only on the main roster for two months. So who knows if they were actually friends.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

I really do not know how much I believe that. Perfect and Brock were only on the main roster for two months. So who knows if they were actually friends.

Lesnar worked with Perfect on the road a lot. You can find one of their dark matches on YouTube.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Lone Rogue posted:

Lesnar worked with Perfect on the road a lot. You can find one of their dark matches on YouTube.

They travelled together too, didn't they?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Right, what's on the Twitters right now?

@ColtCabana posted:

JUST DID GUT CHECK .............................. Yup, it's still there :-(]

Cabana in a nutshell right there. Wonder how Zack's doing?

@ZackRyder posted:

Just wrestled...for those wondering, there were 24 lights...

Oh dear.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
With how Zack has been carrying on, how has he not been released yet?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't really understand Ryder's endgame. Is he wanting to go to the indies? Does he think he'll be a better paid jobber in TNA where they already have a Zack Ryder?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I don't really understand Ryder's endgame. Is he wanting to go to the indies? Does he think he'll be a better paid jobber in TNA where they already have a Zack Ryder?

Dude can go back to his parent's house and live off his WWE money.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
The dude just really, really likes wrestling and wants to get the ball and run with it. He got himself over and got his heat killed, was off Raw for weeks and weeks and when he finally got back in the ring, he got horrendously squashed by the SAME guy that helped kill his heat in the first place. Meanwhile, he still sells merch and is the SECOND most followed WWE person on Tout. I can't blame him for being bummed about it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Perigryn posted:

He sold Edge's chops well in that "Edge reenacts Flair's road rage incident' skit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmm7J0e4xpk
The eye poke after the dance is the best.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

The Rock posted:

Cena leaps 15ft & crashes down on the back of my neck - tearing my right hamstring. Intense pain.. #IFinishedTheMatch

drat it, Cena!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
That can't be true. Right?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Atticus Finch posted:

Well that move was a huge botch as Cena overshot and landed on Rock's neck and back with his rear end which then drove Rock head first into the mat.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Atticus Finch posted:

With as many steroids as The Rock is on, I'd believe it. His muscles will be about as strong as tissue.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

VogeGandire posted:

Agreed, still underrated by most and will be historically overlooked.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

Correct. It's possible he at least hurt it, but far from tore it. Especially considering he was moving fine the next night.

Edit: Upon thinking about it for a minute, there's no way Meltzer or somebody else would not have heard about this when it happened. Unless of course, Rock no-sold a legit hamstring tear in the back and did not mention it to anybody, even the doctors.

TLM fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 26, 2012

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Maybe he'll try the Colt Cabana method of being a merch and shill machine on the indies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

TLM posted:

Correct. It's possible he at least hurt it, but far from tore it. Especially considering he was moving fine the next night.

When a hamstring gets strained, it is also almost always torn. Probably not much, but people with a slight hamstring strain usually can walk without it looking too different. He was probably exaggerating to make it seem worse than it was.