Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Can someone just give Zack a good shake.

Whining is not how you endear yourself to the higher-ups. And that is whining. Hell, the amount of bitching he does about losing, I'm surprised they've not got him doing Doink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

Can someone just give Zack a good shake.

Whining is not how you endear yourself to the higher-ups. And that is whining. Hell, the amount of bitching he does about losing, I'm surprised they've not got him doing Doink.
He doesn't care and it doesn't matter at this point.
It's not like Vince is waiting for X months of quiet acceptance before he'll push Zack.

Creative cares more about controlling what we like than making money.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Then, really, he needs poo poo or get off the pot. Either stay where he is and shut up about losing, or leave.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

VogeGandire posted:

Then, really, he needs poo poo or get off the pot. Either stay where he is and shut up about losing, or leave.

You really think WWE is going to let go of a guy who sells that much merch easily? I can see Zack getting another little push in a few months just to keep him happy before his heat gets killed again to keep Vince laughing. I think right now he's just trying for his release, gently caress a while back him and Hawkins were talking about how good it would be to go back to NYWC.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't see how "poo poo or get off the pot" is a reasonable expression here. He can't "poo poo" assuming that means actually doing something with his WWE career. He tried. No one in recent memory has tried to act as his own advocate more than Ryder. It failed and that seems to be why he's so frustrated. Can he "get off the pot" either? He's contracted. Even if he decided to forgo the payment, security, and merchandising cuts he gets working there If he just went to WWE and asked for his release would he get it? I know some have but surely others have been stuck.

But either way you can't really blame a guy for saying "I gotta keep this job because its smart for my finances, family, and life." He sounds like someone trying to come to terms with his "dream job" being "just a job." I'd guess part of him wouldn't mind getting fired and seeing what's out there, but he's probably not prepared to quit over it or burn bridges.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't see how "poo poo or get off the pot" is a reasonable expression here. He can't "poo poo" assuming that means actually doing something with his WWE career. He tried. No one in recent memory has tried to act as his own advocate more than Ryder. It failed and that seems to be why he's so frustrated. Can he "get off the pot" either? He's contracted. Even if he decided to forgo the payment, security, and merchandising cuts he gets working there If he just went to WWE and asked for his release would he get it? I know some have but surely others have been stuck.

But either way you can't really blame a guy for saying "I gotta keep this job because its smart for my finances, family, and life." He sounds like someone trying to come to terms with his "dream job" being "just a job." I'd guess part of him wouldn't mind getting fired and seeing what's out there, but he's probably not prepared to quit over it or burn bridges.

As far as I know, Zack is single and has no kids. So the only person he has any responsibility to is himself. I'd say he should go off and do what makes him happy, and if that's being back in NYWC with Big O then so be it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

njsykora posted:

As far as I know, Zack is single and has no kids. So the only person he has any responsibility to is himself. I'd say he should go off and do what makes him happy, and if that's being back in NYWC with Big O then so be it.

This is what I meant. I mean, if jobbing in WWE is REALLY bothering him that much, he could just ride out the rest of his contract then go back to NYWC or whatever.

Because his endless droning about how he's not getting TV time and having to job is really irritating me, when there are plenty of guys who'd love to be in his position.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well, there's lots of reasons to stick with a job you hate even beyond a wife and children. Debt. Aging parents. Dependent siblings. Future plans. Who knows?

Point is quitting might not be a really viable option for the guy when there are other factors involved. But at the same time maybe he's unhappy enough to risk rocking the boat and letting someone else force a change.

I'm not a big Ryder fan but I have sympathy for the guy more than I would for most in his position considering how much he did to try and make something happen. He really did try and make this work, we all saw that. You can't accuse him of being lazy or unmotivated or asking for a break. He created a push for himself and got them chanting his name with absolutely no help from WWE. That it didn't really work has to sting and I feel bad for the guy.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 26, 2012

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Thunder Hammerfist posted:

When a hamstring gets strained, it is also almost always torn. Probably not much, but people with a slight hamstring strain usually can walk without it looking too different. He was probably exaggerating to make it seem worse than it was.

Yeah a superficial tear is the same as a strain and playing through a strain is common. Calling it a tear definitely sounds tougher than calling it a strain.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Ryder in TNA wouldn't just be a feud with Robbie E. They would probably love having him for merch and social media.

Problem is, he likely does not own the gimmick or character.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lone Rogue posted:

Ryder in TNA wouldn't just be a feud with Robbie E. They would probably love having him for merch and social media.

Problem is, he likely does not own the gimmick or character.

Dude made up the character himself, might be another MVP situation.

I don't know what it is about the WWE but they tend to get really great personalities and guys that can get over on their own and then they decide to do nothing with them. Zack should threaten to leave if he's making that much money for them on merch. You've got to use the leverage when you're dealing with Vince.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gonzo McFee posted:

I don't know what it is about the WWE but they tend to get really great personalities and guys that can get over on their own and then they decide to do nothing with them. Zack should threaten to leave if he's making that much money for them on merch. You've got to use the leverage when you're dealing with Vince.

I think Zack is a WWE fan and he wants to succeed in the WWE. So every time the company throws him a bone like being one of the main figures in Tout or a feud, he tries to put his best into it before they take the bone away and slap him with it. It's a constant struggle for him.

One hopes he didn't make the mistake of signing a new contract.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

MVP created his character outside of WWE and pitched it to them. If you create a character under contract it becomes WWE's intellectual property.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He still needs to threaten to leave. I mean look what it did for Punk's career.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

DannoMack posted:

Yeah a superficial tear is the same as a strain and playing through a strain is common. Calling it a tear definitely sounds tougher than calling it a strain.

It's like man flu.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Tommy Dreamer posted:

Vet gav my dog a time to live so we r going to hav a bday party everyday he is alive. He likes opening gifts & everyday is a gift

:(

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Tommy's gonna feel real dumb when he finds out this was a scam between his vet and his dog to get gifts.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

Tommy's gonna feel real dumb when he finds out this was a scam between his vet and his dog to get gifts.

Dog opens one of the gifts. It's Raven. Raven adds the dog to his new Nest/Flock.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lone Rogue posted:

Dog opens one of the gifts. It's Raven. Raven adds the dog to his new Nest/Flock.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Lone Rogue posted:

Ha, just imagine it, Raven is in the box. He opens the box and there is Raven. Raven is actually the present. The dog is all expecting a bone or maybe a squeaky toy, but instead there is a full sized human, and that human is Raven. And then the dog is in the Nest/Flock! Such an absurd and hilarious premise. I can't stop laughing at all the absurdity, and also the hilariousness. A dog opens a present, and it is Raven that is inside the present. Big time laughs had by all, except Tommy Dreamer because now his dog is in the Nest/Flock, so Tommy is kind of sad, but still has some little laughs, because the situation is so unexpected and humorous!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

This makes me kind of sad that the lady who re-designed the Jesus fresco didn't simply paint a picture of Scott Hall.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hirams Bitch posted:

Ha, just imagine it, Raven is in the box. He opens the box and there is Raven. Raven is actually the present. The dog is all expecting a bone or maybe a squeaky toy, but instead there is a full sized human, and that human is Raven. And then the dog is in the Nest/Flock! Such an absurd and hilarious premise. I can't stop laughing at all the absurdity, and also the hilariousness. A dog opens a present, and it is Raven that is inside the present. Big time laughs had by all, except Tommy Dreamer because now his dog is in the Nest/Flock, so Tommy is kind of sad, but still has some little laughs, because the situation is so unexpected and humorous!

I didn't know Shane McMahon was pitching children's movies.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hirams Bitch posted:

And who can forget all of the classic angles of members of Tommy's family joining up with Raven, so it's just all the more perfect! Tommy will love it. Plus the dog is dying so it will be even funnier!

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Hirams Bitch posted:

When you put it that way, it's like Lone Rogue actually made a funny post and didn't just do some semi-autistic babbling! I'm glad you explained it, because I would have just written it off as some more brain-damaged, uninteresting garbage from somebody who will happily admit they've written 10000 word fanfiction about dead wrestling promotions.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

And who can forget all of the classic angles of members of Tommy's family joining up with Raven, so it's just all the more perfect! Tommy will love it. Plus the dog is dying so it will be even funnier!

Like when his wife, Lori Fullington, or his son, Tyler Fullington, joined up with Raven. It will bring up so many memories for Tommy Dreamer, and then when the dog dies who cares he was a traitor anyway. Actually I will care because dogs are the best.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, maybe before they put it down, everyone in the room can take off their shirts revealing an NWO shirt. Lol!

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Hey, maybe before they put it down, everyone in the room can take off their shirts revealing an NWO shirt. Lol!

I don't get it. Is the dog now also in the nWo, or are they going to give the dog a beat down and spraypaint? Maybe you should check in with Lone Rogue about how to tell real good real funny wrestling jokes?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

be a * angry miz girl

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Enough Zack Chat.

@WWEAJLee posted:

Witnessing @mslayel dance and sing to a Justin Bieber song on this car ride makes me question a lot of the choices I’ve made in life.

@WWEAJLee posted:

I wish I was the general manager of this car.

I need to see video of this.

Edit since it just popped up and I nearly pissed myself laughing.

@CMPunk posted:

@TrueKofi please remind your partner that we're in Milwaukee tomorrow, not Green Bay. Say hi to little Jimmy for me...

gently caress just look at guys' Twitters tonight. Cody and Antonio are dropping some zingers and Natalya's smack talking pretty much the entire Divas roster.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 27, 2012

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Randy Orton posted:

Just watched True Blood finale. Pretty bad rear end!

Cody Rhodes posted:

@RandyOrton I'm sure you've got "Twilight" next...#iwantadangbus

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ugh, why do I follow JR? It might just be me reading too much into things, but gently caress me if this isn't a swing as PSP Hall of Famer Claire "Olive" Lynch.

JRsBBQ posted:

Enjoyed Newsroom finale, smartly written, not overdone, allowed me time 2 process. Good doesn't= silly, convoluted, or continuity glitches.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

Ugh, why do I follow JR? It might just be me reading too much into things, but gently caress me if this isn't a swing as PSP Hall of Famer Claire "Olive" Lynch.
Or it's a crack at WWE Creative.

Edit:

CM Punk posted:

@TrueKofi please remind your partner that we're in Milwaukee tomorrow, not Green Bay. Say hi to little Jimmy for me...

Kofi Kingston posted:

@CMPunk oh come on. Why you wanna bring up old stuff?

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Aug 27, 2012

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

Holy poo poo you are reading so too far into that it's remarkable. I doubt JR even watches TNA.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

njsykora posted:

You are reading so far into this tweet you're practically sitting at JRs computer.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Mojo Rawley posted:

This is what the dress code "Business Professional" means to Mojo Rawley! #GetHyped #WWENXT @zubaz @RemixWatches

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

loving love that guy already

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Who in the gently caress is this guy and how does he own so hard

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Who in the gently caress is this guy and how does he own so hard

Mojo Rawley and as his name may indicate he is in FCW.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

One step towards bringing back the universal attire of every early 90s wrestler, of Zubaz/fanny pack/mullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

One step towards bringing back the universal attire of every early 90s wrestler, of Zubaz/fanny pack/mullet.
Don't forget the Ribera Steakhouse jacket.