Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosaur Satan
Oct 27, 2005

Helen, I'll love you always.

Bocc Kob posted:

So many frog puns. :negative:

What song did they use for Project CX? It sounded like Nakajima Miyuki.

In case you didn't find out yet, it's Chijou no Hoshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

Mister Chief posted:

Pretty sure they mentioned that it's some sort of fire escape in a previous episode.

It's the opposite, it's the "Hey Firemen, come in this way" sticker. So I guess you can call it the fire entrance.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

FireCar posted:

It's the opposite, it's the "Hey Firemen, come in this way" sticker. So I guess you can call it the fire entrance.

Yea, Arino made a joke saying something like "The Chief will be saved first." or something.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
The second episode of Battletoads was nerve-wrecking. Giblet :argh:

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

ShadeofDante posted:

So, in the latest episode translated, when they're talking to Arino about his 40th birthday live broadcast, there's a white sticker on the window that I've never noticed before. The white triangle, looks like a warning of some sort? What is that?

Basically the equivelent of this:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The only way the cover art for part 2 could have been better is if it somehow worked in a Charlie-Brown-and-Lucy pulling-away-the-football angle.

Jolopy
Apr 7, 2004
Nyargh.

Grawl posted:

The second episode of Battletoads was nerve-wrecking. Giblet :argh:

I know I'm watching a good episode when I catch myself crying out along with Arino and the staff when he fails.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FireCar posted:

They also get pretty cool swag that comes in the pretty boxes too.

I really should scan some of that stuff in one of these days.

Of course with a new DVD release in Japan coming out this week it's probably better to wait for it to get here.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Dinosaur Satan posted:

In case you didn't find out yet, it's Chijou no Hoshi.

Aha, it says it right in her wiki entry too. :doh:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bocc Kob posted:

Aha, it says it right in her wiki entry too. :doh:

Also, like the original Project X series, they change the lyrics every time to reflect whatever it is they're covering that episode.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Jolopy posted:

I know I'm watching a good episode when I catch myself crying out along with Arino and the staff when he fails.

This was me as well... could not help it!

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

zenintrude posted:

This was me as well... could not help it!

I showed Battletoads pt 2 to my roommate, his girlfriend, and their friend that was over. It was the first time any of the three had watched the show. Every one of us was yelling every drat time. That goddamn rat race.

BuckFever
Aug 27, 2012
Hey guys, new guy and a big Game Center CX fan. I'm a video game merchandise collector and I'm trying to find some Game Center CX merchandise. Is there anywhere online where I can find the King/Queen/Prince plushes, GCCX Uniform, or other merchandise? I've searched all over Yahoo Japan and ebay, but I just can't find anything.

I'm skimming the topic trying to find some info currently.

BuckFever fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 27, 2012

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BuckFever posted:

Hey guys, new guy and a big Game Center CX fan. I'm a video game merchandise collector and I'm trying to find some Game Center CX merchandise. Is there anywhere online where I can find the King/Queen/Prince plushes, GCCX Uniform, or other merchandise? I've searched all over Yahoo Japan and ebay, but I just can't find anything.

I'm skimming the topic trying to find some info currently.

Well, if you were in Tokyo yesterday there was some for sale at the fan even in front of Fuji TV. Fan events are the only place where GCCX merchandise is regularly sold. The next opportunity is going to be the Tokyo Game Show next month.

I looked around for something besides the DVD set and books when I was in Japan and had no luck so any GCCX merchandise is going to be obscure and hard to find.

Speaking of which, Amazon.co.jp now has the listing for the ninth box set. The bonus challenge is one that has me excited: it's Spelunker! That's one I've been waiting for a long time to see on the show.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Random Stranger posted:

Well, if you were in Tokyo yesterday there was some for sale at the fan even in front of Fuji TV. Fan events are the only place where GCCX merchandise is regularly sold. The next opportunity is going to be the Tokyo Game Show next month.

I looked around for something besides the DVD set and books when I was in Japan and had no luck so any GCCX merchandise is going to be obscure and hard to find.

Speaking of which, Amazon.co.jp now has the listing for the ninth box set. The bonus challenge is one that has me excited: it's Spelunker! That's one I've been waiting for a long time to see on the show.

Oh cool I really love that game. Any chance we can get the translation for it on the fast track once the dvd set comes out?

BuckFever
Aug 27, 2012
I guess I'll just keep an eye out online since I have to means to get to Japan any time soon, haha.

I wish they had some sort of online GameCenter CX store, but having the merch exclusively at fan events is pretty admirable and adds to the value of the items.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

Oh cool I really love that game. Any chance we can get the translation for it on the fast track once the dvd set comes out?

Sorry, that's one thing that we're avoiding since we don't want to step on the Japanese DVD sales too much. Similarly, no Die Hard Arcade episode next week :v: .

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Are you implying another episode is being released next week? :haw:

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
Oh man, Battletoads completely out already!? Time to get downloading. I eagerly await the puns I was TOAD about. I could KNOT miss this one! Oof, ANURA one? Stop me? You and whose ARMY!?

Yeah, okay, I'll quit...

NmareBfly posted:

Does the Japanese version of Battletoads not have the pause music? Or do they just mute it for the sake of the show? I mean, it gets repetitive fast but it's so good. He pauses a few times -- 44:40 is one.

I hope not! It would feel a tiny bit empty without it. Plus, then I couldn't jam out to it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Arino's Fat AlbertYeah, I know it's probably not Fat Albert impersonation killed me

makere
Jan 14, 2012
3 weeks until DVD release :ohdear:, you better have a DVD Arcade Trip Special ready... :worship:

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

makere posted:

3 weeks until DVD release :ohdear:, you better have a DVD Arcade Trip Special ready... :worship:

There's no real DVD-exclusive ones of those, just challenges. (If that's not what you meant, sorry.)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Arino's Fat AlbertYeah, I know it's probably not Fat Albert impersonation killed me

See, that's what I thought! Who's he actually supposed to be, if not a eponymous character from a 70s cartoon?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does anyone know if the navigators in Paris-Dakar Rally Special make any difference to the gameplay?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

The White Dragon posted:

See, that's what I thought! Who's he actually supposed to be, if not a eponymous character from a 70s cartoon?

Fat Albert is virtually unheard of in Japan. He was just randomly playing around.

Mister Chief posted:

Does anyone know if the navigators in Paris-Dakar Rally Special make any difference to the gameplay?

I looked this up and apparently it makes no difference whatsoever.

Pic from the latest event. The rarely-seen AP Ishida and The Cardigans doing a live performance of Chief Fighter. AP Ishida also sung for the Project CX segments.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Holy poo poo, guys!

I ordered an NES cartridge box and some games from eBay and got them today.

Opened it up, a decent assortment of games as advertised, but there was a beige cart I didn't recognize. Pulled it out and...

:stare:

OK, maybe someone's just loving around for a laugh, I thought. Stuck it into my NES and...

:stare: :stare:

Wait, is this fully...

:stare: :stare: :stare:

My...god.

I couldn't contain it, I had to share it with the world, but stills don't do it justice. No, I had to show you a video of the game being played...

And then I thought, no, this STILL doesn't do it justice. Dust off your emulators. I don't care what the note says, I won't suffer this alone.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I love how it says "DO NOT RELEASE" like plugging it into your NES will unleash malignant spirits upon the world. :v:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bocc Kob posted:

I love how it says "DO NOT RELEASE" like plugging it into your NES will unleash malignant spirits upon the world. :v:

I liked the little footnote underneath, just in case you were wondering why.

Its so bad.....

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

univbee posted:

Holy poo poo, guys!

The only valid way to play Super Monkey Adventures is with the Steel Battalion controller.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

How did you dump it? Do you think it is a genuine prototype?

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

rdbbb posted:

There's no real DVD-exclusive ones of those, just challenges. (If that's not what you meant, sorry.)

I think they mean the non challenge segments from the episodes that are on the US DVD.

Dr. Furious fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 28, 2012

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

How did you dump this so fast?

Subcomment: Get your rear end to Nintendo Age.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

1. GAH! MY EARS!!

2. I found the pig! I have wonder how far some of those kids actually got since that was only a couple minutes in for me:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
There's no way that's a real legit prototype, right? Right?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

univbee posted:

Holy poo poo, guys!

I ordered an NES cartridge box and some games from eBay and got them today.

Opened it up, a decent assortment of games as advertised, but there was a beige cart I didn't recognize. Pulled it out and...

:stare:

OK, maybe someone's just loving around for a laugh, I thought. Stuck it into my NES and...

:stare: :stare:

Wait, is this fully...

:stare: :stare: :stare:

My...god.

I couldn't contain it, I had to share it with the world, but stills don't do it justice. No, I had to show you a video of the game being played...

And then I thought, no, this STILL doesn't do it justice. Dust off your emulators. I don't care what the note says, I won't suffer this alone.

I want the soundtrack for this game so bad.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

So awesome.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Important tip for anyone attempting to play (I can't really call it "playing"): apparently you exit battles once you've won by pressing down and attack.

You can hit your allies so avoid that. The white dragon is the horse and the monk will sometimes show up. If Sun Wukong does dies then one of them will take over but the monk is incapable of attack.

Good luck finding your way around that map. No wonder Arino spent so much time lost...

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

zenintrude posted:

So awesome.

You couldn't let the magic sit for, like, an hour could you?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Important tip for anyone attempting to play (I can't really call it "playing"): apparently you exit battles once you've won by pressing down and attack.

You can hit your allies so avoid that. The white dragon is the horse and the monk will sometimes show up. If Sun Wukong does dies then one of them will take over but the monk is incapable of attack.

Good luck finding your way around that map. No wonder Arino spent so much time lost...

I've been exiting battles with just the attack button and no direction. Also, the attack button doesn't seem to do anything except trigger the animation because I just won a fight by running back and forth until they all poofed. :argh:

I have just warped to a small island with no way off.

Edit: :smith:

Bocc Kob fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolopy
Apr 7, 2004
Nyargh.

univbee posted:

Holy poo poo, guys!

I noticed 2 Tengen games. Did you get lucky and happen to score the awesome and superior version: Tengen Tetris?