Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

FISHMANPET posted:

Yeah, because that's the point of post processing.

I thought part of the point of post processing was to rename files and strip out unnecessary content before placing it somewhere. You can customise the first 2 steps so why not the last?

I mean it's nice and all to have them in sorted folders, but it's just a little odd that I can't seem to specify where the final file specifically ends up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Kin posted:

I thought part of the point of post processing was to rename files and strip out unnecessary content before placing it somewhere. You can customise the first 2 steps so why not the last?

I mean it's nice and all to have them in sorted folders, but it's just a little odd that I can't seem to specify where the final file specifically ends up.
You can add in a secondary script to move your files to a single folder.

http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2518#p10006

You will have to accept a bunch of empty ShowName folders. Hide them in /downloads/TV or something.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

FISHMANPET posted:

I'm trying to set the quality settings of Couchpotato v2 so that it stops download HDTV rips of movies and searches for the blurays instead. So I've got a profile with 720p first and BR-Rip second, with no check on the 720p box and a check on the BR-Rip box (so that it doesn't stop searching once its found 720p, it also has to be a BR-Rip).

Except the check mark isn't being saved, so it defaults to both boxes being checked, meaning it blindy grabs HDTV rip.

Also, is there a way to tell CPS that an existing movie is of a particular quality (like I can change the status in Sickbeard of a TV show). I've got existing movies, but I don't know how to tell CPS that they're 720p Bluray rips.

BR-Rip would not give you an HD encode, it's a tag they stick on releases that are basically the same as DVD rips except a BD was used as source. Just put HDTV in your ignored words list.

Keito fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 25, 2012

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
gently caress I'm starting to really hate CouchPotato. This is my renamer settings:

I want the name to come out something like "The movie - 720p - bluray.mkv"

So a movie I just downloaded (that is a bluray) got marked as hdtv. And as far as I can tell, unlike Sickbeard, there's no way for me to manually set a quality.

I've also got movies I downloaded before CouchPotato, and I can't set the source on those either.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.

Tapedump posted:

What is the full path in those boxes? Are they relative paths, absolute paths, UNC paths, etc.?

They are absolute paths. The SAB box and the first CPS box is:

quote:

/home/shares/public/storage/downloads/couchpotato

The second CPS box is:

quote:

/home/shares/public/storage/Movies

I'm also having another error where I manually put a movie into the /Movies folder, then do a full library refresh on CPS, but the movie doesn't get added to my "Manage" list, and is still in my "Wanted" list.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
I have CPS running on two different WHSv1 (mine and my sister's) boxes, and both have renaming working perfectly. I run CPS from source and the SAB Windows version as a service.

This may, or may not, help in a Linux setup, but I have CPS setup like this:

That's D:\shares\Downloads\newmovietemp and D:\shares\Movies. CPS finds a release, SAB downloads it to the "From" path, CPS renames and moves it to the "To" path.

Of course, my SAB Category looks like this:

\\server\downloads is the same as (WHSbox)D:\shares\downloads

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
This is probably a stupid question. I like that Sickbeard can be set to automatically grab higher quality versions of an episode as they become available, but I'd like more control over the process. Is there a way to temporarily pause this function? I'm on a strict throughput quota and it's a bit irritating to wake up one day late in the month and discover that Sickbeard has eaten up a large portion of my remaining quota overnight.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

...! posted:

This is probably a stupid question. I like that Sickbeard can be set to automatically grab higher quality versions of an episode as they become available, but I'd like more control over the process. Is there a way to temporarily pause this function? I'm on a strict throughput quota and it's a bit irritating to wake up one day late in the month and discover that Sickbeard has eaten up a large portion of my remaining quota overnight.

You can mark episodes as archived so it won't go back and replace them. Or set your quota in sabnzbd lower than what it actually is so it won't all suddenly be spent up, and then adjust when necessary.

Neither is what you were hoping for, but replacing with higher quality versions isn't exactly ideal on a limited connection.

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

SABnzdb spams warnings for me every three seconds, and I was hoping someone might have an idea as to what's going on. As far as I can tell, nothing is actually broken; I just get annoyed seeing the notification. Looking at the warnings option gives me this, ad nauseam:

code:
2012-08-27 16:10:03,632	ERROR:	SQL Command Failed, see log
2012-08-27 16:10:03,632	ERROR:	SQL Command Failed, see log
2012-08-27 16:10:03,257	ERROR:	SQL Command Failed, see log
2012-08-27 16:10:03,256	ERROR:	SQL Command Failed, see log
2012-08-27 16:10:00,255	ERROR:	SQL Command Failed, see log
If I open up the log, this is what I get, once again repeating forever:
code:
2012-08-27 16:11:36,253::ERROR::[database:90] SQL Command Failed, see log
2012-08-27 16:11:36,253::INFO::[database:92] Traceback: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sabnzbd/database.pyc", line 83, in execute
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
2012-08-27 16:11:36,254::ERROR::[database:90] SQL Command Failed, see log
2012-08-27 16:11:36,254::INFO::[database:92] Traceback: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sabnzbd/database.pyc", line 83, in execute
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
Any thoughts?

kalicki
Jan 5, 2004

Every King needs his jester
Looks like database.pyc is malformed!

Try reinstalling

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Caveat: How do I database :downs:
This worked for me when I had a malformed database in Sickbeard:
sqlite3 sickbeard.bak .dump | sqlite3 sickbeard.db

Back up your current database.pyc, then rename a copy try that.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I've had some weird issues with CP V2 Renaming the last month or so. It won't rename any downloads until it is given a manual restart. File(s) will sit in Downloads/unprocessed for hours until I restart. Suddenly *poof* Boxcar sends out crazy alerts and everything is processed to downloads/processed folder.

I tried a fresh install from Git today with no luck. The only other thing it could be is that I'm using pooled storage in Flexraid (5x2TB HD). However, I've been using Flexraid for almost 3 months with no CP issues and Sickbeard Post-Processing works fine. I guess I'll make 2 folders on my SSD drive and see if it still requires the restart to be sure.

Frustrated to say the least.

Edit: I didn't manage to find a direct answer to problem but a pretty easy work around. Since SABnzbd now supports python scripts for post-processing, you can use the one made for CouchPotato without a dedicated .exe. Just replace your version of python with the ActivePython 2.7.2.5 (32 bit) one and it should work fine.

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 28, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Keito posted:

You can mark episodes as archived so it won't go back and replace them. Or set your quota in sabnzbd lower than what it actually is so it won't all suddenly be spent up, and then adjust when necessary.

Neither is what you were hoping for, but replacing with higher quality versions isn't exactly ideal on a limited connection.

What does setting the quota in SAB actually do? Does it refuse incoming episodes from Sickbeard or does it autopause them or something else entirely?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

It pauses the entire queue if you have reached your quota. Also there isn't a way to disable it, I enabled it to see what it did myself and found out you couldn't disable it, so I had to set it to 200TB or something.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I forgot that I can just pause SABnzbd. :downs: Pausing it overnight should mostly fix my problem.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

...! posted:

Yeah, I don't need to wake up to two emails saying both a 720p HD version and a 720p WEB-DL version were grabbed, and then half a year later get one more email saying the BluRay rip was downloaded.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Y'all can fix that by just modifying the show to only download what you want. Either you can wait until the BluRay is out, or just grab the 720p stuff as it becomes available. Also, if you're under bandwidth restrictions make sure to disable the "download propers" option in Sickbeard.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008
This was posted on dognzb, so if you want an account you may want to get one in the next few days.

quote:

DOGnzb is going private!
After 6 months of having our doors fully open, we will not accept any more new registrations starting September 3rd (thus making DOGnzb a private site). At some point in the next few weeks, there will be an invite system in place, so you can invite friends. Furthermore, accounts will be purged after 3 months of inactivity (Login/RSS/API). VIP users are exempt of this rule, so if you want to keep your account please upgrade.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
How many search providers do I need?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Guy Axlerod posted:

How many search providers do I need?

IMO as many as you can as they are continually shutting down over the years.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Good looking out, just registered!

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Bioalchemist posted:

This was posted on dognzb, so if you want an account you may want to get one in the next few days.

Thanks for the warning, the more providers the better.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dognzb is newznab right?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Dognzb is newznab right?

Newznab backend with a custom ColdFusion (yes really) frontend IIRC.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

wolrah posted:

Newznab backend with a custom ColdFusion (yes really) frontend IIRC.

Wow, a single website keeping two dying technologies afloat? (yes I know usenet isn't dying shutup)

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

ambushsabre posted:

Wow, a single website keeping two dying technologies afloat? (yes I know usenet isn't dying shutup)

hahaha holy gently caress, are they serious?

onPaste="return false;"

Yes, you can't paste in your password, so pick something simple that's easy to type, instead of something secure.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Harik posted:

hahaha holy gently caress, are they serious?

onPaste="return false;"

Yes, you can't paste in your password, so pick something simple that's easy to type, instead of something secure.

People paste in their passwords? :wtc:

Do you keep a text file with all your passwords to copy from or?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Read posted:

Sure.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3485964

e: not exactly a text file though

e2: ok this is seriously stupid. Using my password generator I generated something like '$.M)Z0CcI@DYf17fyM6>7rZgb' and of course it's not letting me paste it into the password registration field to register. gently caress if I'm going to type that in character for character. Is it worth it over nzbs.org?

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 31, 2012

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

Sure.

e2: ok this is seriously stupid. Using my password generator I generated something like '$.M)Z0CcI@DYf17fyM6>7rZgb' and of course it's not letting me paste it into the password registration field to register. gently caress if I'm going to type that in character for character. Is it worth it over nzbs.org?

Using passwords like that seems a bit extreme, in the rare case someone can manage to actually attempt a bruteforce you don't need anything near that complexity. A password like "Tangerine Alaskan Sheep Volcano" is more than enough entropy ((26+26+1)^31 if you're only bruteforcing spaces and letters (upper/lower case), if you're bruteforcing numbers, special characters and letters in both upper and lower case it's even more) but much easier to remember.

Read fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 31, 2012

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Boris Galerkin posted:

Sure.

Why copy and paste if you're using keepass? It can automatically type out a login if you press ctrl+v on an entry.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Is there a big concern that your password for a website that only hosts NZB files is going to get stolen and used?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
If you're using a password manager in the first place, why not just let it do its job autogenerating strong passwords for everything?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Read posted:

Using passwords like that seems a bit extreme, in the rare case someone can manage to actually attempt a bruteforce you don't need anything near that complexity. A password like "Tangerine Alaskan Sheep Volcano" is more than enough entropy ((26+26+1)^31 if you're only bruteforcing spaces and letters (upper/lower case), if you're bruteforcing numbers, special characters and letters in both upper and lower case it's even more) but much easier to remember.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is there a big concern that your password for a website that only hosts NZB files is going to get stolen and used?

Because

Keito posted:

If you're using a password manager in the first place, why not just let it do its job autogenerating strong passwords for everything?

I have a password manager. Why not use it?

e: Anyway, why should I register for dognzb when I'm already suing nzbs.org?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

e: Anyway, why should I register for dognzb when I'm already suing nzbs.org?

It could go down and then you'll need a new NZB index which may or may not be open for registration. It's not exactly an uncommon occurrence in the Usenet world. I have logins at several different ones which just provides some redundancy and ensures I never need to worry about it again.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
I have accounts at all the major nzb sites but when Nzbs.org said it was closing a few months ago I just started my own nn Site at home. Takes an hour or two to get it all up and running and is pretty maintenance free if you don't have to backfill. For the 15$ donation its been awesome!

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Read posted:

sort-of. It's one encrypted text file with all my passwords, with a program I wrote to add new sites to it. I work on linux/mac/windows and copy-paste is the one thing they all can do.

It's not that I want to use super-strong passwords on any given site, it's that I'd have to go out of my way to make up one just to get around their no-paste idiocy. (Which I did, after finding that there's no good way to change onPaste actions via greasemonkey)

Edit: I get free metadata (post subjects, etc) from my usenet provider, what's out there that I could use to make my own .nzb searcher? Nevermind, I should have thought about it for 30 seconds, that's what newznab is for.

Harik fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 1, 2012

Read
Dec 21, 2010

A

Harik posted:

sort-of. It's one encrypted text file with all my passwords, with a program I wrote to add new sites to it. I work on linux/mac/windows and copy-paste is the one thing they all can do.

It's not that I want to use super-strong passwords on any given site, it's that I'd have to go out of my way to make up one just to get around their no-paste idiocy. (Which I did, after finding that there's no good way to change onPaste actions via greasemonkey)

Edit: I get free metadata (post subjects, etc) from my usenet provider, what's out there that I could use to make my own .nzb searcher? Nevermind, I should have thought about it for 30 seconds, that's what newznab is for.

Ahhh, alright. The cross platform thing makes more sense to me than other explanations.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

TraderStav posted:

IMO as many as you can as they are continually shutting down over the years.
Haha, speaking of that, NZBsRUs recently had their PayPal account suspended so they're only accepting bitcoins at the moment.

I give 'em two months.

Realjones
May 16, 2004
Are there any catches with Blocknews, like it is slower or something?

I've been paying $15 to powerusenet for unlimited, but it looks like I only download about 40 gigs a month. A 200 gb plan would save me about $10 a month. Any month I don't download at least 100gb I'm still saving something (I have never cleared 100gb/mth).

Supernews also has $100/yr, which is nearly half of what I'm currently paying. It doesn't make much sense to pay $15 to powerusenet anymore unless I am missing something that makes them worth the $15?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

inpheaux posted:

Do you download less than 92Gb/mo?
You want a block plan. Best deal for these is Blocknews which has a 200Gb block plan for $21.59. If you download less than 92Gb/mo these blocks come out cheaper than $10 per month, and the blocks won't expire. This is a also pretty decent way of testing if you really want to do this whole Usenet thing, especially since if you're really unsure you can pull it down as far as 5Gb for $2.75, and incredibly low barrier for entry.

I use supernews and a 5gb blocknews plan for backup.