Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

assfucker420 posted:

Where is the JAPAN Skyline (C210) the R30, and the R31?
I think they're restricting it purely to models that had a GT-R designation, which the C210, R30 and R31 missed out on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

blk posted:

Please don't tell me that's a real 959 underneath
If someone ever did that with a legit 959 they would rot in hell for eternity, after being killed by the porsche community.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

slidebite posted:

If someone ever did that with a legit 959 they would rot in hell for eternity, after being killed by the porsche community.

There was one 'proper' one made when the owner crashed theirs after like 10 minutes and Porsche weren't interested, so they gave it to a coachbuilder. IIRC.

Best little thing I can find but it's hard to read :(

assfucker420
May 14, 2012

by T. Mascis
I dislike all red tail-lights, amber indicators look a lot better.

That 959 cabriolet is still a piece of poo poo, but then again I avoid convertibles if possible.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

assfucker420 posted:

I dislike all red tail-lights, amber indicators look a lot better.

Agreed. Also, lack of amber indicators makes turn signals way less visually obvious and it's damned annoying. I hate indicators built into the tail lights.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

blk fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 29, 2012

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Not a Type-R. Four lug wheels give it away.

The 96-97 JDM DC2 ITR is 4x114.3

Next time you think you know something you should probably check your facts first, instead of making a stupid rear end incorrect statement. Those wheels are even from a JDM Type R. Perhaps you should move to a different section of the forums.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Positive camber on that Audi. Someone explain??

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...

Bojanglesworth posted:

Next time you think you know something you should probably check your facts first, instead of making a stupid rear end incorrect statement. Those wheels are even from a JDM Type R. Perhaps you should move to a different section of the forums.

Oooooh BURN.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

ash with a five posted:

Positive camber on that Audi. Someone explain??

I was wondering the same thing.

Maybe the suspension is designed to have less camber when the car is loaded with fuel and a driver?

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Remind me again, what's this car?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

glyph posted:

Remind me again, what's this car?

Koenig build it from a testarossa.
They built some mad poo poo.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bojanglesworth posted:

Hmm, I didn't know this either. I figured it was a really clean clone with Volk CE28Ns so I didn't really look close (to see if it was RHD). Now I'm curious if someone brought an ITR over and plated it... there is an R32 GTR in the parking lot occasionally so it wouldn't surprise me.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

azflyboy posted:

I was wondering the same thing.

Maybe the suspension is designed to have less camber when the car is loaded with fuel and a driver?

No, it wasnt.

Believe it or not, this was the at the time best believed setup to work with the technolgy and tyres they had. One of the big things they wanted was a all wheel genuine drift which sticky tyres and heaps of neg camber stop. The positive camber thence allowed the tyres to slip better and allow more throttle response to the drive when it's on a proper drift.

So basically, you couldnt really steer these things with the wheel at full race speed, it was all footwork.

Tracks also were no where near as good as we have now too.

We can laugh at how wrong they were at the time but it did work impressively well with a driver with huge balls.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Hm. Now that I look for it, I do believe I see positive camber there as well. Good eye!

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 29, 2012

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Saw a 991, they're really good looking and not as awkward as photos seem. I like the rear way better than the 997s.

'02 AP1 fest, the one in red is so original it still has the S02s.

I like this, I don't know why but fox bodies have a weird appeal no matter how ugly.

New Mexico plate, nothing special it's just a weird looking plate.

~~mein porsche track car~~

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Another pic of that 997 race setup.

assfucker420
May 14, 2012

by T. Mascis

Bojanglesworth posted:

All North-American Integra Type-Rs had 5-lug wheels. They never had the (much better looking) facelifted front-end either, you shitlord. I imagine that is not a real Type-R, but it looks pretty clean. I suggest you stop being a pedantic human being (pejorative).

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

Cat Terrist posted:

No, it wasnt.

Believe it or not, this was the at the time best believed setup to work with the technolgy and tyres they had. One of the big things they wanted was a all wheel genuine drift which sticky tyres and heaps of neg camber stop. The positive camber thence allowed the tyres to slip better and allow more throttle response to the drive when it's on a proper drift.

So basically, you couldnt really steer these things with the wheel at full race speed, it was all footwork.

Tracks also were no where near as good as we have now too.

We can laugh at how wrong they were at the time but it did work impressively well with a driver with huge balls.

Close. Bias ply tires were poo poo, but the culprit here is the poo poo metallurgy and steering design. Everything then used kingpin steering, which is bulky and weak. Positive camber puts the contact patch of the wheel under the kingpin, reducing the torsional force on it(and the bearing) and reducing or eliminating bump steer. Wagons had been using this trick for centuries.

And they didn't want an all wheel drift, it was just a byproduct of bias ply tires and their inherent sidewall flexibility. Early car tires would give 20-30 degrees of slip angle at max load, giving the appearance of a slide while actually being in full grip. Think of those slo-mo videos of drag racing tires wrinkling up, only it's the contact patch going one direction while the wheel is facing another. Modern tires still do this, it's basic physics of tire grip, but they only give a couple degrees of slip angle and you don't really notice.

edit: I'm in a really angry mood tonight. :(

oxbrain fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 29, 2012

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

assfucker420 posted:

All North-American Integra Type-Rs had 5-lug wheels. They never had the (much better looking) facelifted front-end either, you shitlord. I imagine that is not a real Type-R, but it looks pretty clean. I suggest you stop being a pedantic human being (pejorative).

He's not even right anyway, these are the stock 96 spec wheels (they're only 15"s)

compare

Content is the DB8-R, because four doors are always better than two

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I think the wheels on the red car are Volk CE28Ns, or a knockoff of them.

assfucker420
May 14, 2012

by T. Mascis

dissss posted:

Content is the DB8-R, because four doors are always better than two

I would say the reverse is true. The Japanese-Market facelift looks so much better.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Bojanglesworth posted:

I was assuming by the scenery that he was in the US. Perhaps you should chill out over one possibly-but-not-necessarily-incorrect statement.

BLACKMK4 Where are you located?

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 29, 2012

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

What does Recyclesaurus recycle? The souls of other cars?

Nebula
Dec 30, 2004

davebo posted:

What does Recyclesaurus recycle? The souls of other cars?

I think it would be used to grind up the asphalt.

http://www.wirtgen.de/en/produkte/bodenstabilisierer/wr_2500_s/wr2500s_techartikel_3539.php#anc Scroll down to the "Granulating asphalt pavements" section.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

You're arguing about whether wheels on an old Integra are stock JDM in the picture thread, by the way. Seriously, shut the gently caress up you dweebs.

Cygni fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 29, 2012

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Wheel nerds are automotive shoe geeks...

Anyway might as well post content.

:nws: http://imgur.com/MBlX9 :nws:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

If there is big growler bush, that photo should just be 80s.jpg

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

FFF is loving insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi3TJ4bpG4Y

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

oxbrain posted:

Close. Bias ply tires were poo poo, but the culprit here is the poo poo metallurgy and steering design. Everything then used kingpin steering, which is bulky and weak. Positive camber puts the contact patch of the wheel under the kingpin, reducing the torsional force on it(and the bearing) and reducing or eliminating bump steer. Wagons had been using this trick for centuries.
Pretty much - more simply, they didn't have a wheel design with sufficient negative offset to do it any other way.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Went and checked, the Integra is LHD.

Pretty nice looking E30 in the lot today.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Poontach.jpg

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Not enough :911: in this thread.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

See, you go and post stuff like this and I start thinking about making bad decisions.

Sirveaux
Aug 26, 2004
<=>

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
You know what's awesomely 80's, the dash of the old 300zx.

You know what's disgustingly 80's? The rest of the cabin.