Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Paul Boz_ posted:

My boss just got the curtains done (5% limo on every window except the windshield) on his TL and you literally can't see out of the windows on a sunny day if you're wearing sunglasses. It looks cool but I can't imagine that driving any time after dusk would not be a huge hazard.

My old Supra had 15% tint on the back windows (hatch and triangles) and backing up at night was very scary. I usually rolled the windows down so I could use my mirrors.

I bought the car with the tint, and since I usually only drove it during the day I just left it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Nocheez posted:

My old Supra had 15% tint on the back windows (hatch and triangles) and backing up at night was very scary. I usually rolled the windows down so I could use my mirrors.

I had 20% tint all around on my TSX and I did the same thing when backing up. It was really sketchy. Would not do it again. I went with 35% (CT legal) on my new Grand Cherokee.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Wamsutta posted:

I had 20% tint all around on my TSX and I did the same thing when backing up. It was really sketchy. Would not do it again. I went with 35% (CT legal) on my new Grand Cherokee.

This is why my current car is only 30%. My Mom's truck has like 5% on the rear window, and she has backed into at least 3 things.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

rarbatrol posted:

"Wait... was that a yaris?" Kind of hard to see the ridiculous tow hook.

Hm I kinda like the way they look when dropped.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
Needs to trade wheels with the one I saw:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Paul Boz_ posted:

My boss just got the curtains done (5% limo on every window except the windshield) on his TL and you literally can't see out of the windows on a sunny day if you're wearing sunglasses. It looks cool but I can't imagine that driving any time after dusk would not be a huge hazard.

I had 5% tint on my high school Beretta. Backing up at night was tough, but otherwise it wasn't that bad. I loved that people could not see inside at all, even when standing right next to the car. After a couple tint tickets, I went a little more conservative and had 20% tint on my next three cars, then 35% on a couple, and now I'm at a Minnesota-legal 50% on my current car. My tint levels have decreased inversely to my age increase.

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.
As seen at my local Toys'R'Us a few days ago. Florida has no inspections, but I wonder if the safety risk would get him pulled over?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Absolutely, that car is rolling probable cause for meth possession.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

netwerk23 posted:

As seen at my local Toys'R'Us a few days ago. Florida has no inspections, but I wonder if the safety risk would get him pulled over?
Regardless of inspections, he has no headlights. Apparently Florida Statute 316.217 only requires them to be lit for certain situations, so as long as they are not driving:
  • between sunset and sunrise
  • in the rain
  • in fog
  • around a corner
they should be okay

Except for the fact that Florida Statute 316.220 flat out requires headlights.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

netwerk23 posted:

That in Brandon? Looks very similar to a car I saw at the Brandon mall.

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

Fermunky posted:

That in Brandon? Looks very similar to a car I saw at the Brandon mall.

That is in fact at the Brandon mall, across its ring road at the T'r'U.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cruseydr posted:

I love how they went to the trouble of putting a Skyline badge on the car, but left the Infiniti emblem above it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Fucknag posted:

I love how they went to the trouble of putting a Skyline badge on the car, but left the Infiniti emblem above it.

What exactly goes through the minds of people who do this? It's obviously for show, but even when well done exactly what percentage of the population are you going to "impress" with your mis-badging from an obscure (in your part of the world) vehicle? Maybe 1%? Because 98% don't know what the hell that is/means anyway, and the other 1% immediately know you're a poseur jackass.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

netwerk23 posted:

Florida has no inspections, but I wonder if the safety risk would get him pulled over?

I love the fact that Florida doesn't have inspections, otherwise I wouldn't get to see stuff like this.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The Antipop posted:

I love the fact that Florida doesn't have inspections, otherwise I wouldn't get to see stuff like this.

Unless I'm missing something that's just ugly but not unsafe at all.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Its just missing a fender, Saturn's plastic ones are not exactly hard to find or expensive, so its not much of an excuse.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

veedubfreak posted:

This is why my current car is only 30%. My Mom's truck has like 5% on the rear window, and she has backed into at least 3 things.

Overlay film I presume?

I had an older Nissan wagon with 5% factory tints on the rear and it was fine at night - actually easier to see out of than my other car with 35% overlays.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Motronic posted:

What exactly goes through the minds of people who do this? It's obviously for show, but even when well done exactly what percentage of the population are you going to "impress" with your mis-badging from an obscure (in your part of the world) vehicle? Maybe 1%? Because 98% don't know what the hell that is/means anyway, and the other 1% immediately know you're a poseur jackass.

Like the E60 "M5" I drove behind for a couple of miles yesterday on my commute. Exhaust on one side only and a wonderful diesel soundtrack. I have no idea who he was trying to fool, but the only people he could fool don't give a poo poo about the M5.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Absolutely in the wrong thread, that owns.

Cruseydr posted:

I've totally seen that car around!

In NW Washington I'm seeing more and more pink rimz on black cars. Is it a thing?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Reminds me of an old movie called My Science Project.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

So there's a gif, which means there's probably a video of that trunk floating around somewhere, please find it goons :allears:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Code Jockey posted:

In NW Washington I'm seeing more and more pink rimz on black cars. Is it a thing?

Somewhere I have a picture of that exact same car that I took in Edmonds a couple years ago.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

SaNChEzZ posted:

So there's a gif, which means there's probably a video of that trunk floating around somewhere, please find it goons :allears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4guHEmLXtE <- the introductory ~15 seconds

according to the rest of the video lit-up trunklids is a thing.

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 31, 2012

in_absentia
Feb 6, 2008

LYNCHINGS ARE WHAT GIVE THE SOUTH ITS CHARM!
:3:
(not a bigot)

Nocheez posted:

I bought the car with the tint, and since I usually only drove it during the day I just left it on.

I had 5% on all the windows of my 03 Silverado Ext Cab, along with a 5% strip on the windshield. Worst automotive decision ever. I still don't know how I got away with it in Mississippi and Tennessee. Had to go so far as to add the backup camera to my pioneer gps unit so I could at least back up at night. Now I just go with the whole "Ridin' with no tint so tha motherfuckers know It's ME" look.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Ex-300ZX?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm not sure, someone here should be able to figure it out from the interior

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Powershift posted:

I'm not sure, someone here should be able to figure it out from the interior

300zx center console is a lot more sloped where the radio/HVAC controls are. I'm drawing a blank on this one, the C pillar really screams 300zx to me.

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
It's like some kind of weird bootleg Audi TT interior, but the geenhouse is drawing a big blank for me. Looks like a stretched Fiero lit (unlikely) but something about it screams "Nissan."

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Rocket Salad posted:

something about it screams "Will.I.Am"
Honestly, if it turned out to be the case, I would be completely unsurprised by that.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Nissan 240SX?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Code Jockey posted:

Absolutely in the wrong thread, that owns.

There's a Hyundai Accent that races with us in ChumpCar that's black with pink wheels.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:staredog:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The cherry on top is that it looks like an Uncle Mike's holster. Probably 5 bucks after tax and they snag on literally anything.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Gotta be ready to kill anyone at anytime for any reason at all!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

found this by reverse image searching
http://tinyurl.com/dxmctcy

it's a Russian forum where it's mentioned that it's handbuilt on a Niva chassis (maybe not the same as a Lada Niva?), but from what frankensteined parts I don't know.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

durty posted:

no rear bumper and bondo'd over.... ok

rotary... ok

hmmmm, whats that on the bonnet

what the gently caress

why?

Light weight, power to weight would be incredible, will go like poo poo off a shovel. you REALLY posted this to the wrong thread, that's one hell of a Dazda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The bonnet makes it suitable for this thread though.