Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Heti posted:

translate that poo poo asap
It'll probably be a while until it gets translated since the team (going by previous posts from Random Stranger and zari) already have a list of episodes they want to translate and won't do new episodes right away unless it's for a special occasion (like the USA trip episode, which from what I remember, was translated a week or two after it aired) or an extremely good episode, which going by how everyone is excited for it, could be really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Caitlin posted:

It's like they know we're watching them! :ninja:

In fairness they gave us a clue with only two possible answers.

The Fuji page doesn't mention any other segments like they normally do. This is going to be a brutal challenge. Is AD Itou up to the task?

Edit: My copy of the Game Center CX in the USA DVD has shipped! :woop:

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 30, 2012

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Obeast posted:

unless it's for a special occasion

That's what this is.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Random Stranger posted:

The Fuji page doesn't mention any other segments like they normally do. This is going to be a brutal challenge. Is AD Itou up to the task?

It does; there's the National Living Famicom Treasure Arino segment, 1989 Game Boy, plus scenes from the recent Odaiba event challenge.

Bart Fargo posted:

That's what this is.

I actually do want to translate this episode ASAP. Unless it's really unremarkable or something. It's been a very long time since Arino has played a game I've personally suffered through.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 30, 2012

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Seith posted:

I agree; Yesssssss, he willllllll.

Although I remember Karnov being hard as rock. I wonder if he will get the same enjoyment out of it that he seemed to out of Battletoads?

Battletoads is an incredibly creative and varied game, while Karnov is not. I see no reason to wonder this.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

univbee posted:

Holy poo poo, guys!

I ordered an NES cartridge box and some games from eBay and got them today.

Opened it up, a decent assortment of games as advertised, but there was a beige cart I didn't recognize. Pulled it out and...

:stare:

OK, maybe someone's just loving around for a laugh, I thought. Stuck it into my NES and...

:stare: :stare:

Wait, is this fully...

:stare: :stare: :stare:

My...god.

I couldn't contain it, I had to share it with the world, but stills don't do it justice. No, I had to show you a video of the game being played...

And then I thought, no, this STILL doesn't do it justice. Dust off your emulators. I don't care what the note says, I won't suffer this alone.

Arino had my exact same expression as I read through that:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
First, I must applaud you for tricking me.
Second, I must thank the kind people here for translating these episodes.

That being said, I'm curious. Have anyone ever looked into the second DS game that we never got? All my research indicates that it's been abandoned.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

RadicalR posted:

First, I must applaud you for tricking me.
Second, I must thank the kind people here for translating these episodes.

That being said, I'm curious. Have anyone ever looked into the second DS game that we never got? All my research indicates that it's been abandoned.

It will not be released in the US, end of story.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
There's an in progress fan translation here, but it hasn't been updated since January.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Caitlin posted:

It will not be released in the US, end of story.

Sadly, I already knew that.

cronox2 posted:

There's an in progress fan translation here, but it hasn't been updated since January.

Yes, that is what I was referring to by "Abandoned". Unless anyone have heard otherwise?

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!
I was skimming through some old episodes, and came across this in the Northern Trip series. I was cracking up for a good while afterwards, more than is probably healthy. That woman needs some floaty hearts swirling around her head.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Not my photo -- found it on Twitter -- but here's a first look at the GCCX in USA DVD. Can't wait til I get mine. It'll be my first GCCX DVD!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

zari-gani posted:

Not my photo -- found it on Twitter -- but here's a first look at the GCCX in USA DVD. Can't wait til I get mine. It'll be my first GCCX DVD!

Wow... did they license or pay you anything to use your art?

Either way, it's totally radd.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

They bought the rights to both the USA pic and the King Arino pic. They're pretty lax over their usage, though. They allowed Discotek to use the King Arino pic on the inside jacket of their DVD.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Oh man, that romanized logo. What could have been...

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

In Super Monkey Adventure, since no one mentioned it and Arino never noticed, if you press start during battles, you switch characters.

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
So when are you translating the rest of Retro Game Challenge 2, Zari-Gani? :colbert:

You've set a precedent now!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I would gladly translate Retro Game Challenge 2 (if only to do "The Chief is a Great Detective"), but I'm not on that team and I'm not sure how alive the project is.

By the way, in case anyone's been wondering what TV they use in the show (up until more recent seasons), it's the Toshiba "beautiful face" 20LB20.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 31, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I would gladly translate Retro Game Challenge 2 (if only to do "The Chief is a Great Detective"), but I'm not on that team and I'm not sure how alive the project is.

I would love to see the season 10 episodes soon where they have the behind the scenes segment for the second game.

I say it is worth importing the game. I am pretty knowledgale with the game except for the 2 Detective games. I own the import for the 2nd game and plan to import the first game as I would love a RGC game with Arino's voice.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

zari-gani posted:

That would be cool; I forgot that was all before the fansubs started up here. There was at least one willing/eager translator and that got us through a lot of the "living room" dialogue, but the big bottleneck was the hacking. There were unforeseen technical hurdles in getting all the text ripped, and some personal stuff with the hacker/leader, so that kind of put a halt to things.

I know there's been one or two people from the project who've popped up here. I'd also love to keep editing it as I was, because I still wanna do Great Detective too.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

I'm still amazed that they took such a liking to that awesome picture, that they're actually using it for one of their DVD releases. That's gotta be an incredible feeling right there.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

zari-gani posted:

"The Chief is a Great Detective" is the sole reason I haven't just played the Japanese version of RGC2. Everything else I could just look at a faq to figure out what I had to do and play the game, but that one I'd have to just blindly follow orders of "select this option and then go here" which pretty much removes any fun.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Call me goofy, but I kinda got all excited over what looks like a lenticular picture of the whole sprite gang. The whole package looks great, though.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Someone posted his tee shirt design on the SAGCCX facebook page.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/drewwise/works/9173075-kacho-on

I like it!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

But I don't call my penis the Kacho. :confused:

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Mister Chief posted:

Uhh.... yeah... me neither... That would totally be real awkward and weird and stuff. :sweatdrop:

Xik fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Aug 31, 2012

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

If it wasn't for the arrow (and cash), I'd be buying two (Black & Purple. Looks boss on purple.)!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Mister Chief posted:

Same here... I would've been happier without the arrow or even a GCCX parody of the "I'm with stupid" shirts (I dunno what you would replace it with, but I'm sure it would be do-able).

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Obeast posted:

Same here... I would've been happier without the arrow or even a GCCX parody of the "I'm with stupid" shirts (I dunno what you would replace it with, but I'm sure it would be do-able).

You guys know he was trying to emulate the arrow stickers on the console that tell you what direction to push the switch to turn the console on, right? Since that's pretty relevant to KACHO ON! I figure that's why he picked that icon.

Just checkin'.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Caitlin posted:

You guys know he was trying to emulate the arrow stickers on the console that tell you what direction to push the switch to turn the console on, right? Since that's pretty relevant to KACHO ON! I figure that's why he picked that icon.

Just checkin'.

It's just that it looks weird on a shirt when there's nothing but blank space under that arrow. If the cartridge and arrow were above a console mock-up (and the design was a bit smaller as a result), it'd be a bit better personally, but not with the dead space.

That's just how I feel about it.

Goldwarf
May 24, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Caitlin posted:

Just checkin'.

...Or, you know, symbolizing the cartridge going down into the system?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

craig588 posted:

Just in case anyone else is wondering and doesn't want to put in the effort http://i.imgur.com/8BSQJ.png

Y.. You didn't write this over the top of the "I love vagina and clitoris" message, did you? :ohdear:

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Volfogg posted:

It's just that it looks weird on a shirt when there's nothing but blank space under that arrow. If the cartridge and arrow were above a console mock-up (and the design was a bit smaller as a result), it'd be a bit better personally, but not with the dead space.

That's just how I feel about it.

Yeah, this. As-is it'd make a nice poster, but shirts give the arrow some unwanted side effects. Either ditch the arrow for the shirt or add something under it that isn't my crotch.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

GidgetNomates posted:

Yeah, this. As-is it'd make a nice poster, but shirts give the arrow some unwanted side effects. Either ditch the arrow for the shirt or add something under it that isn't my crotch.

All you need to do is glue a Famicom to your pants. The ultimate gamer belt accessory.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Emalde posted:

All you need to do is glue a Famicom to your pants. The ultimate gamer belt accessory.

And then the short cables on the controllers would never be a problem because I'd sit down and the Famicom would be so close that the cables would reach just fine! Genius!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Finally caught up with the latest deluge and have thoroughly enjoyed the lot of it----Cardigan powers and surprisingly awesome singing/songs for the Project CX bits that somehow remind me of watching Harimanada, which is awesome unto itself.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Emalde posted:

No, Gamer's Hip Clip is the ultimate gamer belt accessory!

If you're keen on an unofficial GCCX T-shirt guys, Random Stranger and I have actually been working on something.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

zari-gani posted:

No, Gamer's Hip Clip is the ultimate gamer belt accessory!

Holy poo poo, it's a Karl Pilkington bit finally realized.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

quote:

Stuff about that shirt's penis-arrow

I never considered the arrow was ment to point at my dick, but now I cant NOT see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makere
Jan 14, 2012

zari-gani posted:

If you're keen on an unofficial GCCX T-shirt guys, Random Stranger and I have actually been working on something.

Red, with the "Keep calm and Kacho ON" on the back and small GCCX logo on the front?
That's what I would want :)