Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
It goes on..

@simonpegg posted:

In other news, Pegg gets clotheslined by WWE superstar @CMPunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Punk just retweeted some kid who tweeted his phone number at him hoping for a text. That's a super super lovely thing to do.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

DannoMack posted:

Punk just retweeted some kid who tweeted his phone number at him hoping for a text. That's a super super lovely thing to do.
It's also pretty stupid to tweet your phone number in public and expect a professional wrestler to actually take on that request. Sure, Punk should have just ignored it but it's a reminder that some people really are that dumb.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Nah that's pretty much just an rear end in a top hat thing to do.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'd hate Punk being an rear end in a top hat more if he wasn't pretty funny when he was being an rear end in a top hat. He's that guy who's a total dick to everyone, but you can't help but laugh because he's so good at it.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Jack Krauser posted:

It's also pretty stupid to tweet your phone number in public and expect a professional wrestler to actually take on that request. Sure, Punk should have just ignored it but it's a reminder that some people really are that dumb.

The kid is 15. Be a star CM Punk.

DannoMack fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Aug 31, 2012

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DannoMack posted:

On the other hand the kid is 15, he should really know better.

But yeah, that's a pretty lovely thing to do... If hilarious.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

DannoMack posted:

Pretty sure age discrimination's illegal in Australia.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

William Regal posted:

‏@RealKingRegal
My book Walking A Golden Mile is available on Kindle and the like or a hardback copy at a car boot sale(flea market) near you.#Oldpro.
I love you Regal.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Speaking of which, everyone should read that book. It's simultaneously hilarious and loving depressing.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gonzo McFee posted:

On the other hand the kid is 15, he should really know better.

But yeah, that's a pretty lovely thing to do... If hilarious.

15 year olds knowing better? Please.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

15 year olds knowing better? Please.

Especially when it comes to oversharing on social media.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

The kid is about as balanced as you'd expect from the world of twitterstalking wrestlers.
I told him to delete the tweet and he followed and DM'd me telling me he was going to kill himself because people won't stop calling/texting/tweeting mean poo poo to him. So I talked him through how to delete the tweet, then how to change his twitter name, then how to make his account private, then told him that changing his number was easy and just to call his mobile company ASAP. Then he told me how he's been contemplating suicide since his mum and dad divorced recently.

In conclusion: never talk to anyone on twitter ever.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Punk is going on the carny list for this. <:mad:>

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DannoMack posted:

The kid is about as balanced as you'd expect from the world of twitterstalking wrestlers.
I told him to delete the tweet and he followed and DM'd me telling me he was going to kill himself because people won't stop calling/texting/tweeting mean poo poo to him. So I talked him through how to delete the tweet, then how to change his twitter name, then how to make his account private, then told him that changing his number was easy and just to call his mobile company ASAP. Then he told me how he's been contemplating suicide since his mum and dad divorced recently.

:stare:

That kid must be messed up.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Maybe you should tweet THAT to CM Punk lol.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
You're a good man DannoMack.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

MacDougall posted:

Maybe you should tweet THAT to CM Punk lol.

Seriously, it's one thing to be an rear end in a top hat to lovely fans but this is an extra level of prick.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What do my knuckles say?

they say intentionally expose a well meaning kid to lots of unnecessary abuse for giggles and larfs in very small writing

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Be a star Punk.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

DannoMack posted:

DannoMack, you are a good person. You did a wonderful thing.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DannoMack posted:

You're a good man, Charlie Brown DannoMack :unsmith:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

DannoMack posted:

You're the pride of the Cenation.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Jeez guys I wasn't bragging. :blush: I didn't really do anything, I just talked to the kid & helped him change his twitter settings.
Anyway, moral of the story: Punk isn't a nice dude and 15 year olds are still children.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That was still an unbelievably sweet thing for you to do, Danno. Talking to people when they need it most can be the most helpful thing in the world.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
It doesn't matter if it was bragging or not. It was more than most would do, and you should be proud for doing so.

And Punk's a dick for doing what he did.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@REALBully5150 posted:

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. Things are about to get interesting. #BULLYNATION

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'M SO CONFLICTED.

One hand, he's TNA's best heel right now.

Other hand, I want to see him in WWE.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Vin Gerard has just followed me. I'm not sure what to think of that...

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Perigryn posted:

Vin Gerard has just followed me. I'm not sure what to think of that...
Think what everyone else thinks. I believe the current sentiment is :rolleyes:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VogeGandire posted:

I'M SO CONFLICTED.

You are wrong about him being TNA's best heel.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Mayo and Catsup posted:

Think what everyone else thinks. I believe the current sentiment is :rolleyes:
Well, I followed him back and got this direct message: " Following me isn't the worst thing you could do. Try being my "friend" on Facebook facebook.com/vingerard"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Perigryn posted:

Well, I followed him back and got this direct message: " Following me isn't the worst thing you could do. Try being my "friend" on Facebook facebook.com/vingerard"

He's doing that to everybody

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

VogeGandire posted:

I'M SO CONFLICTED.

I don't know how anyone can believe we will see "Bully Ray" in the WWE. Pretty much you would just get a Dudley Boyz reunion to beat up Heath Slater.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Big man leaves the company, reinvents himself, becomes a superb wrestler and comes back years later? It could only end well.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

DannoMack posted:

Big man leaves the company, reinvents himself, becomes a superb wrestler and comes back years later? It could only end well.

They could call him Elevensai.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

You are wrong about him being TNA's best heel.

drat it Bob don't prey on my eternal marking for Chris Daniels' appletini.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He's doing that to everybody
Oh thank goodness.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I don't know how anyone can believe we will see "Bully Ray" in the WWE. Pretty much you would just get a Dudley Boyz reunion to beat up Heath Slater.

I'm not seeing a downside here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I imagine that in the end neither Ray or Devon end up leaving TNA. Don't they have like a mystery group now? They're probably in it and all this twitter talk is some kind of swerve.